Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#Supernatural Episode 16 Recap - Paint It Black

"Paint It Black"

ROWENA MAKES PLANS TO RECLAIM HER MAGIC — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a string of suicides committed by people with little in common other than the identical, grisly method of death – slow, self-administered disembowlment. All of the victims were members of a Catholic church and had recently given confession, leading the brothers to suspect the priest (guest star Stephen Daniel Curtis) is somehow involved. Meanwhile, when Crowley (Mark Sheppard) captures Olivette (guest star Teryl Rothery), the leader of the Grand Coven, Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) pleads her case to be allowed to practice magic freely again. John Showalter directed this episode written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming (#1016). Original airdate 3/25/2015.

Image credit: The CW

Recap: Ep 16:

Worcester, Massachusetts. A man confesses to a priest. Priest absolves him. Go in peace, Terry. See you Sunday.

Something enters the man. He picks up the candlestick and walks out. Then stabs himself in the heart with it!

Crowley. Your mother remains vexed and vents her frustration on the court! The demon now has two faces, front and back. LOL. Crowley summons her. Care to comment? She congratulates herself. Crowley says enough. I know you're annoyed. She says I'm devastated and betrayed and brokenhearted. He says because I wouldn't go to the Grand Coven? Yes! He says I'm this close to throwing you back in the dungeon. She says you prefer the Winchesters to your own flesh and blood. I gave you life, Fergus. Without me, sunshine, you wouldn't exist.

Dean and Sam in the car. Sam is quiet. Dean says focus on the case. 2 suicides that gutted themselves.

Church. Two nuns chatting. One nun asks the other about her life before the Order. She says I was a muse for an artist. I'd never been close with a man before that. So what happened? The questioning nun says many of us chose the convent because of the things that overwhelmed us.

Sam and Dean visited the police dept. Possession? No, not a demon. Dean says so hack into the phone you took and see if we get a lead.

The church. The thing watches a man and woman walk out holding hands. At home, later. The wife tells the husband to come to bed. He was getting a snack. She attacks him with scissors! The smoke leaves her body and the house. The wife screams.

Sam and Dean in the church, talking to the priest about the latest death. The priest says confession is confidential. Sister Mathias comes over. She says I'm confused why you're here. They were suicides, yes? They say possibly not. Sam leaves to look around. Dean asks the nun about anything unusual. We're looking for a motive? Yes. Did Frank cheat on Lisa? Dean asks her how someone like her ended up a nun. She says I felt I had no choice. My life had become painful and hopeless. I needed a mission, I guess. Sam comes back. Is there a cemetery nearby? She says the church is built on burial crypts. They ask if there's been anything unusual, like cold spots and a feeling of not being alone.

Dean says the nun is hot. Sam says she's married to Jesus. Dean says the men were all cheating. Sam says there's EMF in the church, but it's a burial ground. Dean says all the victims were in confession.

Crowley summons his mother. Says I've been thinking about how stifled you must feel and I sympathize. I've brought the Coven to you. Olivette, High Priestess of the Grand Coven. Olivette is in chains. Crowley says you kids have fun now. Teryl needs to stop bleaching her hair.

Olivette and Rowena bicker and insult each other. Rowena says you're in my son's palace. He's the King of Hell. And no you, dearest Olivette, are prisoner of the baddest of the bad.

The nuns. The young one talks about Piero the artist again. She was in love with him. The painting was the beginning of his career and his masterpiece. In Florence, Italy in 1520!!

Mathias says nothing for her was ever so magical. The other nun told Piero she loved him, but he didn't love her like that. He focused on his art. Offered her friendship. She fell into despair. So that's when you entered the convent? My father's servants dragged me into the convent and everything was lost to me except my journal.

Rowena slaps Olivette. Who calls her petulant and overrated. Banishment was too good for you. Rowena slaps her again. I was never a threat to the Coven! Hots her again. Olivette says the Coven is weakened. All engineered by them. Our best were driven underground. They hoarded our power for their amusement. The Men of Letters. Oh boy.....

Dean goes in the confessional. Tells the priest it's the women. Where do I begin? I let them think we have more of a future than we do. Gina....was good times, but I was not honest with her. Seeing 2, 3 girls at the same time. it was endless. it makes me sick. I need to clean up my act. The priest tells him his penance. The prayers are the beginning to some serious soul-searching. Anything else on your mind? Dean says what if I said I didn't want to die, yet. I wasn't ready. the work I do, I figured that was all there was. Haul ass until I run out of gas. Go out like I live. But now? Now....um, recent events, uh, make think I'm closer to that than I really thought and I....there's things, people, feelings, I want to experience differently. Or for the first time. Starting to think there's more to it than I thought. Priest says believing in God can be a comfort. Dean believes there's a God, but I'm not sure He still believes in us.

The nun heard him.

Sam and Dean leave the church. Mathias watches them go. Then she looks for Isabella. Turns the light on. Are you here?

The priest has the ghost pass through him.

Mathias reads the journal. Isabella snuck out and went to Piero's studio. And caught Piero in bed with another. She picked up a knife and killed Piero, stabbing him over and over. Mathias closes the journal.

Mathias tells Dean and Sam and brings them in. She says she's come across restless spirits before and they go to their final rest. All been harmless. But Isabella was my friend. We had a lot in common. I wanted to protect her. She showed up 3 weeks ago. Her family's treasures found their way to the Church. Mathias finally wondered, and read the journal. Sam says she's probably buried in Florence. Isabella was burned at the stake for Piero's death. So something here is tying her here. Burn it all. Sam says maybe there's more here. Dean says burn the journal.

Rowena keeps beating on Olivette. Olivette says you can't see the truth! We were weakened. The bunkers are powerfully warded! The American chapter was extinguished in the '50s. But the hunters Sam and Dean Winchesters survive. Rowena says of course it's the Winchesters! Olivette, dear, you're no longer useful. Olivette says with on witch murder is anathema to the community. Rowena says you ruined my life and you shall pay with yours. Olivette begs. Rowena starts a spell. Curses Olivette and then stops. I won't give you an easy way out. She chants a different spell.

Dean tells Mathias that ghosts can possess people.

Sam reads the journal. Piero asked for blood to mix into the pigment. Isabella gave it freely.

Dean and Mathias looking around. EMF meter goes nuts.

Sam keeps reading. Isabella gave her flesh and blood and bone to the painting!

Priest is dead on the altar.

Sam looks for the painting.

Dean wants to get Mathias out and she hits him. She's possessed. Isabella says the priest had to die. What you do is unforgivable! She presses the knife into Dean. He yells at Sam to burn the journal.

Sam burns the painting.

Isabella comes out of Mathias. Isabella's spirit burns up. Sister Mathias looks traumatized.

Olivette is a hamster now. Rowena is happy. Crowley says nice touch. What do you want? She says the Winchesters, they're Men of Letters? Possibly. About that.... He says they're my business. I'll handle them. You're not killing them. Of course, dearie. Whatever you say.

Dean and Sam in the car. Sam's driving. You're welcome. LOL. Sam says you were in that confessional a long time. I'm your brother....if you need to talk, I'm right here next to you. Sister Mathias said hiding pain by taking on a mission....I get it and it's okay, but the Mark isn't a terminal diagnosis. There will be a way and we'll find it. That's what we do. So believe that. Okay. You wanna try again like you mean it? Dean says okay.

Next ep - Trying to cure the Mark. Bobby's back!

No comments:

Post a Comment