Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

#TVD episode 17 recap - A Bird in a Gilded Cage

"A Bird in a Gilded Cage"

DAMON TRAVELS TO THE 1903 PRISON WORLD -- With the help of Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Kai (guest star Chris Wood), Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) set forth a plan to rescue Damon’s mother Lily (guest star Annie Wersching), who is trapped in the 1903 prison world. Meanwhile, when Caroline's (Candice Accola) plan for Stefan (Paul Wesley) backfires, she is left to pick up the pieces. Elsewhere, back at Whitmore College, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) and Alaric’s (Matt Davis) attempt to reel Caroline back in doesn’t quite go as planned when they realize they're outmaneuvered. Lastly, an unexpected gift from Bonnie leaves Damon shaken to his core. Joshua Butler directed the episode written by Neil Reynolds (#617). Original airdate 3/19/2015.

Image credit: The CW

Recap: Ep 17:

Caroline cleaning up after the margaritas. Enzo comes in. She yells at him for walking where she washed. Enzo asked what she's doing? She says I want to keep going to school here. People will try interrupting my routine. And I have an audition tomorrow. I'm a drama major, duh. He finds his phone. She tells him she used Sarah as leverage. And Stefan's humanity is off.

Damon. Stefan comes home. Damon says anything I should know? Stefan asks where do we keep our weapons? Damon tries to vervain him and Stefan grabs his arm. And breaks it. Stefan says stay out of my way today. Damon resets his broken hand.

Sarah wakes up. Jo is there. you had too much to drink and a professor found you passed out. Sarah says I should get home. Jo says sit tight. you lost a lot of fluids last night. She leaves the room. Ric tells her we need to keep Sarah safe until Elena's blood is out of her system, unless you want another Salvatore vampire at our wedding. Soon Sarah will be at Duke. Jo thinks the name is cute. Ric hadn't been thinking of baby names, yet. LOL.

Damon smashing things. Stefan is one artery away from Stefan the Ripper. Elena says we lost our chance to spark Caroline's humanity. Damon shows her the image of Lilian Salvatore. Your mother is alive?! Yep. And she's a vampire, and she's a ripper. Makes perfect sense. Stefan was always a mama's boy. We loved her. She was our world. What.....? No, no way. Elena says this is our way to get Stefan back. Damon says you don't fix one ripper by unleashing another one. Elena says aren't you curious to see her?

Bonnie says I'm not helping you! You threw Kai in my face. Damon says we need Kai and we need Bennett blood to do the spell. Bonnie says if I give you my blood, will you get out of my face? Yeah, though you might want to join us.

Bonnie meets with Kai. Kai says the 1903 world is a Gemini secret....and the key is in his pocket. I could get her out. Bonnie asks what's the catch? Kai says I'll go if you go. She says no. Kai says you're more likely to die at the hands of your friend Caroline.

Caroline singing in her audition. Gosh, Candace has a nice voice when she gets to use it. She finishes. The head falls off the teacher. Stefan claps. She gets mad at him for ruining her audition. He says this is all just a performance so you can pick up your life a year from now. She says if your humanity is off, you shouldn't care how I deal. He says unlike you, I don't have an elaborate system to keep me in check. If my life will be ruined, so will yours. When I'm done with you, you'll be drowning in mistakes. So this is about revenge? she asks. Stefan says, Yes, it is. This is me forcing you to let go, one day at a time, until you break. He smeared the director's blood on her lips.

Bonnie cuts her hand to give her blood. Elena wants to come. Kai says there's a limit to how many people a witch can transport. Bonnie says that's why there's two of us. Spell started. It's winner. Bonnie and Kai have to find the Ascendant here. Elena and Damon go to find his mother.

Stefan goes to his motorcycle and it falls apart. Caroline did it. She says I just had to stuff the director's body in a furnace. He says you're terrible at revenge. Did you unbolt this damn thing? It'll take me 10 minutes to put back together. She punches a hole in the gas tank.

Ric's phone. It's Jo. Enzo knocks. What are you doing here? Enzo wants the humanity-less vamps locked up. Ric says you realize I'm human now. Enzo calls him a coward. Ric says I have weapons in my apartment.

Elena and Damon in the old house. She looks at the old photos. We're not here to socialize. Elena says you can give her another chance. You never gave up on Stefan. Damon says Lily died when we buried her empty coffin. Lily walks in with firewood. Damon? Hello, mother. Lily is very, very surprised.

Lily says she gave up marking the days. Elena says you've been here over a century. Lily says a nurse in the TB ward fed me vampire blood. Elena asks how she ended up here. Oct. 31 1903. A coven of witches attacked and they and everyone were gone. Damon says you must've pissed off a lot of people. Lily says this is the last of the blood here. 2 drops a week just to stay away. Your father must've been horrified you were turned. Damon says Stefan ripped his throat out. Lily laughs. She hated that man. Damon knows she did. So much you left your kids with him and joined the ripper coalition. She asks how Stefan is.

Caroline comes home and Stefan brought a gift. You must be parched. I'm inflicting actual pain! She tells him to stop. I'm not letting you ruin my life. She bites him, then stakes him instead of him staking her.

Kai tells Bonnie she has nice palms. I'm here because my guilt keeps me up at night. I need you to give me one more chance. She keeps chanting the locator spell. Bonnie, listen to me! He hurt her. He's horrified. Bonnie says the old you is still inside you. The Ascendant is this way.

They tell Lily you're going to be an angel again and save Stefan. She says of course I'll help. I'll alert the others. Damon asks, Who? She says you know so much, you must know of my traveling companions. Damon asks, What traveling companions? She shows them to a group of dessicated vampires in the attic. Everyone, meet my son Damon. He's here to take us home. Ha!

Enzo and Ric wandering the halls with weapons. Ric says what are you doing here? You hate Stefan. I do. But he needs to care. Ric says if this is your idea of fun, take a long look in the mirror, pal. Enzo insults him back.

Caroline dragging Stefan. A girl asks if he's okay. He's fine. And now the girl gets staked. Caroline saves her. Then hits Stefan. So letting go means being an idiot, getting caught, and actively making choices-- He shushes her. Heard Ric and Enzo. Enzo moves them away from the bomb.

Lily's house. These vampires have been trapped with you this whole time? Lily says they save me from the ripper side of myself. Locked in this cage, I was forced to face the animal I'd become. I learned to control my bloodlust for them. They made me feel human again. I'll fetch the last of the blood so we can revive them. Damon says she's insane. Elena says she feels for them. Elena finds the Ascendant.

Bonnie isn't looking for it. Kai asks why bring me out in the middle of nowhere. She says maybe I think there's a sliver of good in you. He turns his back on her, and she stabs him in the back. He pleads with her. Begs. I've changed. She says I know. So have I. She brings the knife down to kill him but he's gone. So that's how Damon got Bonnie to agree to come....allowing her to get revenge on Kai. But Bonnie will never be the same if she commits murder no matter how much Kai might deserve death.

Ric and Enzo unconscious. Stefan wants to send a message. Caroline picks up the shotgun. He says it must be exhausting denying your urge to kill. Back. Away. He leaves. And goes straight to the hurt girl. Compels her to stand still and don't scream. Feeds from her. Caroline says this is not working. He says I don't have to try to tempt you. Deep inside, you're just like me. She has a really pretty neck. Caroline watches him feed until she vamps out and bites. Drinks. Then she kisses Stefan and removes his jacket. They make out against a vending machine.

Damon says we're down a witch, so we're going to have to leave your friends behind. Lily doesn't want to. Damon tells Bonnie to start the spell. Lily was trying to feed her friends. She says they are my family! These people are my family. Damon says they may be your family, but Stefan is mine and if you don't want to help him, I will leave you to rot. Understand me?

Damon and Lily arrive, him pulling her there. Kai arrives and calls to Bonnie, but Bonnie leaves him there.

Sarah looking at her phone. Enzo arrives. She asks if I called you last night. He says it was a mistake bringing you into my life. Call it deep and obvious loneliness. you've been a pawn in a game I no longer have an interest in playing. You deserve better, Sarah Salvatore. She asks why he called her that.

Jo examines Ric, then calls him an idiot. Give me 18 years. Then this kid will be an adult and you can go back to being an idiot.

Damon and Lily at home. She was looking at the computer. She says I did visit Stefan the night of my funeral. But when I leaned down to whisper in Stefan's ear, all I could smell was his blood, so I fled, for your sake. I've felt your absence twice as much as you've felt mine. Damon, I can't be myself until we've retrieved the ones we left behind. When will we go back? Soon. Your prison world isn't going anywhere.

Kai finds the vampires. And gets too close.

Elena brought the photo of Damon and Lily. She says you have her eyes. I liked seeing you as a mother's son today. He says she's only a means to get Stefan back. She says give her time. He says your eternal optimism is annoying. We'll be looking for the better side of Lily for a while. She says it's a good thing we have forever. They kiss.

Stefan and Caroline had sex. He says control is overrated. She asks where's my shirt? By the girl we left bleeding in the hallway. She says your way is much more fun.

Elena and Damon getting hot in the kitchen. Bonnie walks in. Elena's going to check with Ric. LOL. Damon says this better be gone. Bonnie says thank you for helping me find closure today. He turns the water on. They agree we're never going back there. Binnie has a gift for him. The Cure box. The cure to vampirism. He asks why you're giving me this? She says mostly because I knew you wanted it for Elena. He says what if I don't want it for her now. She says that's none of my business. it's up to you.

April 16th - Stefan and Caroline. Caroline might kill Tyler and Matt. Damon brings Lily to Stefan.

No comments:

Post a Comment