Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

#AgentsOfSHIELD episode 18 - "The Frenemy of My Enemy"



GRANT WARD MAY BE COULSON'S LAST HOPE, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

"The Frenemy of My Enemy" - A dangerous new alliance is formed as Coulson and Hunter turn to the last person anyone would expect - Grant Ward! As the war between S.H.I.E.L.D. factions continues, Skye and Lincoln will find themselves drawn into this conflict, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, APRIL 21 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter, and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Henry Goodman as Dr. List, Kyle MacLachlan as Cal, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Maya Stojan as Kara, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell, Kris Lemche as Ethan, Staci Roberts as Paula, and Trenton Rostedt as Hoodie Guy.

"The Frenemy of My Enemy" was written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Karen Gaviola.

Episode 18 recap:

San Francisco. Fritz on the street. He runs from the tail. Heads to the top of a parking structure and into the invisible Quinjet. Mike gets them in the air. Good to see you again. Fitz. Fitz thanks Hunter for the help. He gives Coulson the toolbox. Coulson says we need to find Skye. Hydra might have leads. Strucker and List are obsessed with powered people. We're making a deal with Ward to get into Hydra.

Dr. List zips the bag on another cadaver.

Jiaying with Cal. He's still excited from last night. But Daisy is still afraid of me. Jiaying says we've both changed. Cal says you're right, she's here with us, and that's cool. He knows he puts her in a tough spot. He'll stay in his room and be quiet. She says why don't I have Gordon take you to pick up your belongings so your time here is less... Prison-like? I miss my tunes.

Lincoln and Skye. She's thinking about the dinner. It was nice. Jiaying is sending Cal away and not coming back. She says he'll get upset and someone will get hurt. He says talk to her. She's your mom. Yeah.

Bobbi sparring with Mack. She puts him on the ground twice. She says Hydra isn't gone. Coulson isn't the enemy. Mack says getting the truth out is the only way to move forward.

Simmons says they're bringing in some mega laser. She tells May I duplicated the box. Where's the real box? Fitz has it. May says she'll handle it.

33 talks to her mother. Men came to the house. 33 tells her mother don't talk to anyone. I'll call again soon. Coulson and Mike find her.

Ward gets in a car with an ice plant. His phone rings. Coulson calling on 33's phone.

Mike asks 33 about the mask. She doesn't have another around. Ward arrives. Mike tells him to turn around. Take out all your weapons. Then points Ward to Coulson. Coulson says I'm after bigger fish. Strucker. List. You know a guy that knows a guy. I'm offering you a deal. Help me and you can walk away free and clear. Ward says he's listening. Get me inside and I'll put your through Tahiti and you're free to go. Ward says I like who I am. Coulson says that's your only chance. You could've run, but you didn't. You showed up for her. There's still good in you. You can start over. I give you my word as Director of SHIELD. Ward says I might know a guy.

May tells Simmons that she told Bobbi the truth about the box. Bobbi says I'll have to tell the board eventually. May says unless we can find Coulson another way. Tap into Mike's hardware. Simmons says it's not a problem.

Fitz and Hunter. Fitz says this is crazy. Hunter says it's part of the job. With Hydra, options are limited. Ward is a psychopath but he's our psychopath.

Gordon and Jiaying discuss Raina's gift. Skye knocks. I want to talk to you about Cal. He's better with us. Her mother says he can't stay here. We're taking him home. Skye says people will get hurt. They're my concern. I'm a SHIELD agent. Jiaying says I can't make exceptions. As a leader, sometimes I have to do things I'd rather not do.

Mike got something for Coulson.

Ward and 33 discuss. He thinks something isn't right because May isn't here. She notices the plant. He says the house won't be our last. I promise at the end you'll be whole and we'll be together. Mike says let's go. Bakshi in the trunk. Ward says you're going to do whatever Coulson says.

Skye visits Cal. Cal says come in. I was going to find you today, but I didn't want to overdo it. Want to put in an order for something from the mainland? She asks him where he's going. China? No, God know. He was in China volunteering for Doctors Without Borders. Met your mother and I couldn't leave. Skye says she wants to go with him to see his home. He says okay. Best day ever!

Skye talks to Jiaying again. We can't leave him somewhere like an abandoned puppy. She empathizes with him. She spent her entire life searching for her mother. Cal had memories, he knows what he lost. I'm not asking you to let him stay. Just let me go with him and soften the blow. That he hasn't lost us forever.

Coulson says Bakshi arranged a meeting with List. Fitz is nervous. Ward asks how you been? Fitz launches at him. Says Bakshi will double cross us. He's not going in alone. He'll go in with Mike. We'll monitor through Mike's eye.

May asks Simmons if there's any luck. Nope. Simmons says you threw Fitz to the wolves! To protect you! Simmons says you're on their side. May says it's about the truth. Simmons doesn't care what's in the box. Coulson was trying to protect Skye.

Skye and Cal transported. To near where his office was. He wants to show her around. Get a pastry. There's a bakery around the corner. That's not there anymore. So they wander and look for a place to eat. He had a practice here. Jiaying was studying to be a doctor. There was a charter school around the corner. It was going to be perfect for you. I was going to help you with your science projects, go to father daughter dances, get ice cream. The life we should've had.... Now he has ice cream on the brain.

Team watches through Mike's eye. Bakshi meets with List. List asks how you escaped unscathed? Do you know anyone involved? Bakshi says I assumed it was you or Strucker and here you sit, alive and well. I was captured by the US Government and Mr. Peterson helped me escape. I believe with a compliance upgrade, Mr. Peterson would be quite an asset. Take him to Strucker as a measure of good faith.

Coulson says this wasn't the plan. Hunter says bastard sold us out. Now everyone's pointing weapons at each other and 33 has a knife to Fitz's throat. Ward says this is to get us closer to Strucker.

Ward says Bakshi won't get to Strucker, Deathlok will. Fitz says Mike is about to kill everyone. Tell him to stand down! Weapons down and Fitz gives the order. Coulson tells Ward if he pulls this again, I'll throw you out of this jet at 20,000 feet.

List is taking off.

Cal can't find any of the stores he remembered. Skye makes a joke. Cal says you're funny. Skye bumps into a guy. Points Cal into a store. She calls May. SHIELD needs to come get Cal and don't hurt him. Cal comes out of the store. Skye dumps the phone in a trash can, still active.

They eat ice cream sandwiches. Cal suggests going to his old office. See something special. Lincoln is following them.

Gordon tells Jiaying that Ethan is gone. I can't find him anywhere. Is he missing or worse? Not sure. Gordon says how could they get a hold of him? Jiaying says she's more concerned with who than how.

List asks Bakshi if he's heard of quantum entanglement. Tracking the teleporter.

Cal says excuse the mess. And the roaches. C. L. Johnson MD. Daisy Johnson, huh. Skye picks up the figure of a hula girl. Cal owns the building. I wasn't rich, but you would've grown up quite comfortable. So this is your stash pad? He likes that. Brings out his father's field kit from WW2. I used this to put your mother back together again. She's a real miracle. You still love her. How could I not? Skye says we're not all back together. You need to move on from the past. Jiaying is responsible for those people and I'm an adult now. He knows those years are gone. She says we can see each other. I can visit. They here a noise and Cal grabs a scalpel. Who's there? Lincoln says it's just me. Jiaying sent me. Cal asks what's going on? You think Daisy isn't safe with me?

Mike and Bakshi and Hydra arrive somewhere.

Cal figures out this is goodbye. And attacks Lincoln.

Bakshi tells Mike, what are you waiting for?

Cal rants. Lincoln warns him. Hydra agent comes in. And more. Cal tells Lincoln to get her out of here. Cal confronts the soldiers.

Mike finds Skye.

Lincoln zaps Mike. Mike says I'm a friend of Skye. Lincoln doesn't believe him.

Fitz says someone's hacking into Mike's feed.

Coulson and crew in the building. Hunter gets shot.

Ward and Coulson look for Skye. Mike knocks Lincoln out. Tells Coulson that he's protecting Skye. Go find her.

May and Simmons see that Coulson's with Ward. Uh oh!

Mike tells Lincoln to stay down. Bakshi tells the soldiers to take them both. Oh no!

Skye finds Coulson and Ward. Gordon shows up and teleports Skye and Cal. Coulson's upset they're gone. So close! Ward says we need to go. Deathlok is down. Hunter and 33 come in. Ward says we're outmanned and outgunned and our only back-up is Fitz. Your call, Boss.

Bobbi and Mack examine the building. Coulson's still there. I'll tell you all about it back at the base. Take me to your leader.

Next ep - Ward needed for a new mission. Could save SHIELD and the whole world. There will be an exclusive scene from Avengers.
Did you hear? Deadline reports that Bobbi and Hunter will headline the new spinoff in development.

No comments:

Post a Comment