Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

#Arrow episode 20 recap - "The Fallen"

"The Fallen"

BACK TO NANDA PARBAT — Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) finally makes Oliver (Stephen Amell) an offer he can’t refuse. The team joins Oliver on his journey to Nanda Parbat where a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Oscar Balderrama (#320). Original airdate 4/22/2015.

 


 


 
Image credit: The CW
 
 
Ep 20 recap:
 
Thea on the floor in front of the fireplace. Trying to call to her phone. Oliver comes home and runs to her. Calls 911. She passes out and he picks her up.

Hospital. ER docs work on her. Charging paddles. Start CPR. Finally, there's a pulse.

Oliver paces in the hall. The doc says we did the best we could. Even if she regains consciousness, it might be best to consider other options. I'm truly sorry, Mr. Queen. He asks if he can see her. Thea's on a ventilator. He cries at her bedside. Says sorry. Malcolm comes in. Oliver shakes his head. Malcolm cries.

Hong Kong. Oliver, Maseo, and Tatsu watch the General combine the Alpha and Omega. We need to stop that truck. Oliver steals a car so they can follow.

Felicity and Diggle get to the hospital. Asks Oliver what happened. He says he just left her there to die. It's bad. He looks out at the city. Purple smoke. Oliver says Ra's has won. There is no plan. Stay with Thea.

"Did you do this?" Oliver punches Maseo. Maseo says take your place as Heir to the Demon and Ra's Al Ghul will bring your sister back.

Oliver packs. Felicity and Diggle ask what's going on. Oliver says there's a way to save Thea. Malcolm says it's possible. He offered to use the Lazarus Pit on Thea, didn't he? Diggle says if you become the new Ra's. Felicity says we're not letting you join the League. Malcom says she won't be the same Thea you lost. Oliver says WE lost, because of you! Felicity says she's going with. Someone needs to bring Thea home if this works.

Felicity tells Ray she needs a big favor. I need your jet. Oliver does, but both of us. Not what you think. He says it's exactly what I think. Last night was an eye opener. Last night when you were saying goodbye to Roy, you and Oliver.....you still have feelings for him. When I told you I loved you, you responded with Jello. You don't love me because you're in love with him. She says I'm sorry. You're the last person I wanted to hurt. He says take the jet. I hope the something awful stops being awful.

Oliver and Malcolm packed. Malcolm suggest taking Thea to Star Labs. Oliver says they can't save her. Malcolm says he'd rather lose Thea forever than subject her to the Pit. Oliver tells him to get on the plane.

Felicity brings Oliver a blanket on the plane. Thanks for letting me be here for you. You're welcome, but I didn't have much choice, did I? She says no. He says I've only told you a little about the years away. I came back to Starling City before they found me on the Island. I saw Thea and she had a drug problem, so I confronted her dealer and broke his neck. I felt like I was protecting her. All I've wanted to do is protect her. I failed.

Hong Kong - They chase the army truck. Driver notices they're being followed. Soldiers fire at the car. Oliver climbs out the skylight and jumps into the truck. Fights with the soldiers. Tatsu helps. Then she pulls the driver out of the truck. Oliver opens the case and there's no weapon.

Nanda Parbat. The League is assembled. Ra's approaches. Welcome home, Al-Sahim. The assassins kneel to Oliver, who is carrying Thea.

*So I guess Ray's speech to Felicity is enough of a break-up that she's free to sleep with Oliver, provided that scene will be real. Sigh. Poor Ray. I think she could love him if she fully moved on from Oliver.

Inside Nanda Parbat. Maseo says you must prepare for the ritual. He takes Thea's body. Then shows Diggle to a room. Diggle says if you gave a damn about Oliver, you wouldn't be working for the man that killed his sister. Maseo says Oliver will receive a gift never offered to me and the great honor of The League. Diggle says all I see is a bunch of men running from their lives. It's cowardly. Maseo says when you hold your dying child in your arms and tell him everything will be okay, with his last words being a lie....don't presume to judge me. Diggle says he's sorry. What was your son's name? Akio. Would Akio be proud of you now?

The ceremony to dunk Thea. Malcolm and Oliver lower her body in the water. The priestess stops chanting. The ropes snap. Thea leaps out of the pool. Aggressive.

Thea attacks Oliver. Assassins hold her until she is dosed. She passes out. Ra's tells Oliver I have fulfilled my end. Make peace with yours.

Thea wakes in a bed. She says I don't know you. Oliver's dead. Malcolm tells her you're safe. She asks for Mom. You're mother's not here. Lie back, close your eyes, and get some rest. She says I love you, Dad. Oliver says that Ra's said the confusion will pass. Malcolm says you don't know what you've done. Oliver says you and Diggle and Felicity will take her home and she will recover.

Felicity charges to Ra's and chews him out. What you are doing to Oliver, I will not let happen. He says you have a great fire in you. She says you would not rip him fro his family. We will go to war to get Oliver back! Ra's says I loved a woman and she loved me. We had a son and a daughter and for many years, my life was bliss. Then one night, a man gave me a horrible choice. Leave without a word or stay and see them tortured and killed. She says you gave up too easily. Ra's says life is often more cruel than fair. All your posturing delay the inevitable. Tell Oliver goodbye. Tell him how much you love him. Tell him whatever it is your heart needs to express and do it now before he is lost to you forever.

Oliver sitting in his room. Felicity knocks and asks if he's okay. Sorry, stupid question. He says I remember the first time I thought I'd never see Thea again. When my father's boat went down. She says you will see her again. Oliver says this is different. That brother she knew died with that boat. Everything I've done has led me here to this moment. And I don't know what it was all for. She says I do. I wish I could change your mind about staying, but I can't. And leaving you here will destroy me. You have done so much, save so many people's live. Changed so many for the better, including mine. You opened up my heart in a way I didn't know was possible. I love you. He takes her glasses off and kisses her. She takes her jacket off. He removes his shirt. He takes her top off. They kiss and he carries her to the bed. She undoes her bra. He lays her on the bed.

Hong Kong - Nothing in the truck. Tatsu asks the driver where the bio-weapon is. Don't make me ask again. He says it's in a food cart. They go into the city. Tatsu asks Maseo what's wrong.

Oliver dressed again. Felicity's in a robe. So that happened. He says I'm glad it did. She says me, too. Pours a drink, hoping it's alcohol. Not much to toast to, is there? He says there's us. He drinks. She doesn't. She says I'm sorry. She drugged him. He collapses. What did you do? She says I won't lose you.

*Oh dear. Honey, this won't end well. Ra's won't let Oliver go. There's nowhere you can hide forever. Even Malcolm couldn't stay hidden.

Diggle and Malcolm with Felicity and Oliver. They tell her this is crazy. We can't get him out without Ra's knowing. She says you can, Malcolm. He says the catacombs. It's rough terrain and won't be easy. They get Thea and go. Malcolm takes a sword from an Assassin. More come in and they fight them off. Maseo helps them in the temple. Thanks Diggle for reminding him of himself. Says 30 meters down, the path forks. Take the left passage. Malcolm says stay close. Thea's freaking out. Diggle says we have to move. Oliver wakes up and confronts the assassins. Orders them to put their weapons down and tell Ra's I will return shortly. He thanks his family for trying. I love you all the more for it. But this only ends one way. Outside, he says this is as far as I go. He explains to Thea that Malcolm is taking you home. She says I don't understand. Aren't you coming with us? Oliver says not now. I'll catch up. I love you, Thea. Don't ever forget that, okay? Diggle says I don't know what to say. Oliver says John, you're the best man I've ever known. Whatever happens, you're my brother. They hug. Oliver goes to Felicity. You told me once life is precious and you wanted more from it than I could offer you. Don't give up on that. I will only survive this by knowing you're living your life, happy. She says we're always saying goodbye. You'd think I'd be good at it by now. He says let's not say goodbye this time and kisses her. She walks away. He watches. Then turns back to the city.

Starling City. Thea's apartment. She wakes up confused. Malcolm says everything is fine. You're okay. She says if you're here, then it's not. She asks where Oliver is. Malcolm says Ra's nearly killed you. To save you, Oliver joined the League. I'm sorry and you have every right, but I'm going to make it up to you. We're free. I want to be here with my daughter. Please let me take care of you.

Felicity visits Laurel. Crying. Oliver's.....he's gone. He joined The League. He's not coming back. She breaks down and Laurel hugs her.

Oliver and Ra's. He says League blood is punishable by death. Tell me why I shouldn't hunt down your friends. Oliver says because I stayed. ra's asks who the traitor was that helped them. Maseo says me. I struck down 3 of our number. Offers his sword and life to Ra's. Ra's says you did not betray me tonight. By kneeling before me, I will not spill your blood for Maseo's actions. Oliver will need you for his transformation. Ra's tells Oliver that Oliver Queen must be extinguished from memory.

Hong Kong. Oliver finds the food cart. Shoot out. Maseo is wounded. Tatsu springs into action. Oliver fights with the man with the vial. the vial breaks on the ground.

Nanda Parbat. Oliver takes his shirt off. Holds on to the ropes to prepare for branding. Ra's says everyone here has left behind their past lives, cleansed by fire. Embrace the pain. it's your soul finally being unburdened. He's branded with an arrowhead on his back. Then dressed as a League member. Oliver Queen is dead, to be reborn as Ra's Al Ghul. For now, only Al-Sahim remains. Heir to the Demon.

Next week - Oliver vs. Nyssa and the others.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment