Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

#Arrow recap "Public Enemy" - Episode 18

"Public Enemy"

DONNA SMOAK RETURNS — During an attack on the mayor’s office, Ray (Brandon Routh) is critically injured. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is pleasantly surprised when her mother, Donna Smoak (guest star Charlotte Ross), shows up at the hospital to offer her support. With the SCPD out in full force looking for the assailant, Oliver (Stephen Amell) and his team work hard to stay one step ahead of the police to find the man responsible. However, things come to a head when Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) kidnaps Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Dwight Little directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Wendy Mericle (#318). Original airdate 4/1/2015.

 Image credit: The CW
 Image credit: The CW

Ep 18 recap:

Maseo's firing arrows into City Hall. Roy took an arrow to the right side of his chest.

Arrow cave. News playing. Diggle says Felicity isn't answering her phone. Lance issued a 1st degree murder warrant for The Arrow and reinstated the Anti-Vigilante task force. Oliver says Maseo perpetrated the murders.

Hong Kong - Oliver with the boy runs into Shado's sister. Twin sister. Oliver asks her for help getting off the street. Can you help us?

Precinct. Laurel says the Arrow is being framed. Trust me! Lance says I used to. Tell me his name. No, Dad. You'll charge me as an accessory.

Roy and Thea in bed. Talking. Why don't we run away together? He says things are complicated with Oliver. He turns the news volume on.

Felicity watches at the hospital. Ray wakes up. Doctor comes in. You developed a blood clot. You're very weak and a craniotomy could do more harm than good. So if we do surgery now, I could die, or we wait and I die. What if I told you I made tiny robots that can shrink the clot and save me. Doctor says the hospital has a strict policy about experimental procedures. How do you know your invention won't kill you? Ray says I don't, it's a risk. Donna walks in. Felicity is very surprised. She ushers her mother into the hallway. Donna caught the first flight here. Felicity says it's not good. Mom says at least you finally have a boyfriend!

Oliver meets with Nyssa. She isn't interested. He pulls the Sara card. What would she want you to do?

Arrow Cave. Nyssa has Maseo's location. But she won't take up arms against her people. Oliver thanks her and says she can go. Team is suited up. They head out.

They find nothing so far. Then Diggle sees movement. Maseo. He says kill them all. Fight! Oliver gets Maseo down. Ra's shows up. You have but 2 choices. Ascend to Ra's Al Ghul or spend the rest of your days in a cage. Starling PD chopper shines a spotlight on them.

Police moving in. Oliver and team run off the building. Lance orders a lockdown of 3 blocks. Diggle directs the team how to get out. But they're trapped. Oliver tells Laurel and Roy to go and he'll draw their attention. Go!

They run through a warehouse. Lance and men chasing. Laurel runs into a dead end and Lance aims a gun at her. Nyssa comes in and saves her. Laurel tells her don't hurt him. Then leaves with Nyssa.

Oliver can't get Diggle on the comm.

Roy is still trying to get away. Diggle picks up Oliver in the van. Oliver stops the cars from following the van.

Arrow cave. Thea hugs Oliver. Where's Roy? Still out there. Oliver calls Lance. Turn yourself in. Laurel says I'm sorry. He's in a lot of pain. Oliver says this extends way beyond Maseo. Roy comes in. Oliver says I underestimated Ra's and we're all paying the price. I'm sorry. Thea asks what don't I know?

Oliver and the boy with Mei. He spots photos of Yao Fei and Shado. How do you know my sister? When was the last time you saw her? It's been a while. She says for me, too. Shado and my father disappeared 3 years ago. Police tell me they must be dead. If they were, I'd have closure. Oliver is sorry. She says it's okay to use her shower. She'll entertain the boy. When Oliver is undressing, she sees Shado's tattoo on his back.

Lance gives a press conference. Felicity watches the news. Donna brings her coffee. She tried talking to the doc and no luck. You'll have to inject the robots in him yourself. Felicity says it's a risk. Donna says your father would say sometimes you gotta take a chance for people we care about.

Lance in the alley. Assassin confronts him. Maseo kidnaps him and brings him to Ra's. Sara spoke with such love about you. Lance says Sara would still be alive if not for you. Ra's says Sara would've starved to death on Lian Yu. Lance asks what do you want? To help your city. You'll be able to help him easily once I tell you his name. The man you've been looking for has been right in front of you the whole time. Oliver Queen is The Arrow.

Laurel comes to Lance's office. We need to talk. You're pissed off because The Arrow kept Sara's death a secret from you. He says at first, but no! He got Sara killed! Laurel says you have no idea why Sara was killed. Lance says Oliver, the Arrow, same guy. Oliver got Sara on Lian Yu which got her to the League of Assassins. I didn't blame him when I thought he was doing good. Don't call bother calling. Police are already on their way.

Donna distracts the doctor with bask spasms and gets him out of Roy's room. Felicity got the nanotech. Ray asks are you sure? She injects him. He seizes for a second, then he's okay.

Verdant. Thea and Roy sitting at the bar watching the news. Roy says I felt relieved that I'd go to jail and get what I deserved. Thea says the only thing you deserve is happiness. That death was not your fault. Oliver says sorry. Police come in. Oliver runs outside.

Hong Kong. Mei confronts him about the tattoo. You knew my sister! What happened to my family. He says you'll be safer if you don't know anything about me. She called the police. Shots firing into the apartment. They're not police!

Donna tells Felicity I'm so proud of you. The doctor says the clot in Mr. Palmer's brain is gone. You wouldn't happen to know about this development, would you? News on TV. Arrest warrant for....

Oliver went to Diggle's. I had nowhere else to go. The news is on. Diggle says The city knows, Oliver. Lance has outed Oliver's secret.

Oliver and Diggle watching the news. Last time, getting arrested was my plan. this time, it's Ra's Al ghul's. Felicity shows up with Laurel and Roy. Laurel says Lance has frozen Thea's assets. Ra's is using the city as a weapon. Oliver leaves to go....to the only place he can go.

Hong Kong. Oliver tells Mei to take the boy to the bedroom. Men come in the windows. Oliver fights with them. Maseo and his wife save them. They followed Waller's men. Mei comes out and looks around the destroyed apartment. Poor girl.

Felicity at the hospital. Ray says he feels pretty good. But are you okay? She says long story. Glad you're alright. He says he loves her. She says wow. That's a really nice thing to hear. She rambles. And says she's going to find him some food. Donna asks her what happened. Did you and Ray just have hospital sex? No! He told me he loved me. But you didn't say it back... What is wrong with me? He's brilliant, loves Doctor Who, looks like a Disney prince. Practically perfect. Donna says you love Oliver. You lit up like Christmas when he walked in the room. Felicity says he's terminally unavailable. Donna says they're both amazing men, so you have to make a choice.

Oliver walks into the precinct to turn himself in. Lance says cuff him.

Laurel gets Felicity and Roy and Diggle ten minutes with Oliver. Oliver says you shouldn't be here. Neither should you. Oliver says all of you receive full immunity for my turning myself in. This is my way to save your lives. I've lived through far worse than prison. Ra's has left me with telling the truth. John, all of you have followed me this far. Follow me a little further, until it's over.

Hong Kong. Maseo took care of the bodies. We should go. Oliver apologizes to Mei. She asks about her sister again. He says this had nothing to do with Shado. She says you have no idea how it is to live like this. He says I knew your sister. I loved her. I knew your father, too. They saved my life more than once. The people after me will kill anyone that knows to much. Shado and your father are gone. I'm so sorry. She thanks him for telling her. All she wanted for 3 years was the truth. You have no idea how powerful the truth can be. maseo tells Oliver it's time to go.

The Arrow Cave. Felicity says this isn't fair or right. Diggle says we can't stay here. This place isn't secure anymore. Roy says so what, we just enjoy immunity? Diggle says I don't know!

Lance and Oliver in a transfer truck. Lian Yu. Ra's says Sara made it to the island with you. When did you decide you know best for my family? I love your family. He hits Oliver. Oliver says ask what you want to know. Lance says was it worth it? It would've been better if you died on that island. People die around you. Oliver says I didn't want to involve anyone in this. Lance says you've made us criminals and liars and victims! You are not a hero. You're a villain. The truck stops. Roy gives himself up as The Arrow in Oliver's costume. He's arrested there.

Next ep - April 15. There is no justice without sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment