Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

#Supernatural episode 17 recap

"Inside Man"

DEAN AND ROWENA FACE OFF AGAINST EACH OTHER — Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) follow up on a lead about the Mark of Cain. Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) meet. Rashaad Ernesto Green directed this episode written by Andrew Dabb Buckner (#1017). Original airdate 4/1/2015.



Image credit: The CW

Ep 17 recap:

Sam and Cas sit at a séance.

The Gambler plays on the radio in Bobby's house. Then Sam's voice comes through. Bobby, we need your help. Sam?

24 hours earlier. Sam asleep. Wakes to Dean's bellowing. Dean is having a nightmare. Sam watches until Dean calms down.

Sam asks Dean how he slept. Like a drunk baby. LOL. No cases today. Sam wants to see a movie. A French movie. About a mime that's secretly a cockroach. LOL. He's off to Wichita. Stay out of my room. Dean says totally. LOL.

Sam and Cas meet. Dean is getting worse. We have to talk about-- Don't say it. Sam says everything else is a dead end. So... Cas says I'll drive.

Rowena painting on her naked body. Crowley walks in. She grabs a robe, then tells him to knock. He asks what are you doing? You haven't annoyed me for days. You're up to something. She says you're right, I'm seeing someone. Trent is... You're dating a Trent? Yes, he's so....firm. Please stop talking. You asked. Just put some clothes on. He leaves. She opens a chest.

Dean on the phone with Rudy. Dean is punking Sam's room. He rubbed Sam's toothbrush in his armpit!

Cas and Sam come to the playground. Hannah occupies the vessel guard to talk to Cas. We want to talk to Metatron. Hannah says he lies. She says Metatron is too dangerous. More angels show up. Hannah says she's sorry. Sam says let's go. We can't fight off 4 angels. Time for plan B - we break him out.

Rowena pours a drink for a demon that runs Hell's switchboard. She wants to know where the Winchesters held Crowley. He says he can't get the exact location. Will a 10 mile radius work? She says she'll make do.

Dean at a bar. Bartender brings his order. There are some obnoxious college kids at the pool table. Dean goes over to hustle them.

Cas and Sam. Sam tells Cas about a psychic. They go to the house. Mr. Price? Oliver Price? Cas offers to break the door down. Sam says chill. He knocks again. Mr. Price says you're Sam Winchester. Cas says I'm an angel. Oliver says but I'm an atheist. Sam says not anymore. LOL. Oliver can read minds. Not Cas's. Only gets colors. Heaven has a jail. We have an inside man but we need your help to talk to him.

Dean playing pool. Loses. Then makes a bet for $300. The kids are short. Throw in the watch and we'll be good to go.

Sam brought Bobby's hat. Oliver chants.

Sam's voice breaks through on Bobby's radio.

Dean clearing the table. Kid says you hustled me. Dean laughs. Goes to the bathroom.

Rowena greets the boys. Uh oh.

Dean splashes his face with water. The Mark is messing with him.

Sam tells Bobby what's been happening. Bobby says it's good to hear your voice. So, you gotta figure a way to get the Mark of Cain off Dean before it turns him back into a demon? Yeah. Sam says Dean's not here. He's not in a good place, Bobby. Cas says you need to escape and find the gate to Earth and open in. Then you and I will find Metatron. Bobby says remember when this job was killing fang and then tossing back a cold one? I miss that. Cas says the angels won't like you wandering free. Sam says you'll figure it out, you always do. Bobby says I'm rusty. Maybe there's somebody better out there. Sam says this is all we got. bobby says hell, I'm already dead. What's the worst that could happen?

Dean comes out and Rowena greets him. She spelled the college kids to attack Dean. Dean has to stop himself from killing one. Then gets tackled by another guy. He knocks them all out. Rowena starts chanting. Sends a blast at him and it doesn't seem to work. She says not possible. He grabs her and holds his knife to her throat. She says she's saving her son. Crowley. He'd be a king if you weren't... You're a good influence on him. You need to die. Dean says sorry. She says you're a hero. But the spell I cast will devour them from the inside-out like that girl. I'm the only one that can save them. What's it going to be, hero?

Cas says you need to find your Heaven's escape hatch. Look for something that shouldn't be there. Bobby finds a loose string in the rug and pulls on it. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Ha! He goes out the door. Into a white hallway of doors. They're all the Robert Singers in history. Alarms sounds. Balls!

Rowena comes home. Picks up her knife. Cuts herself up and goes to the throne room. Dean Winchester did this to me. Crowley orders everyone out. Why were you anywhere near Dean Winchester? Crowley says that never works out how you want. The Mark of Cain never lets its host die easy. She says it's just a curse. It can be removed. He says you do that. Why did you go? I have Sam and Dean exactly where I want them. She says they were your enemies once, but now? You don't even care that Dean mutilated your mother. It's just a matter of time before you have a revolt on your hands. Do something! No more stalling, no more excuses. Be a bloody king!

Dean and Sam wait for Bobby.

Bobby keeps opening all the doors and getting souls in the hallway. Angel tells them to return to their Heavens. Bobby says who made you boss and gets people worked up.

Dean and Crowley meet. Are we gonna do this?

The Bobbies are surly, repeat, the Bobbies are surly. LOL. Bobby goes to door 42. The answer! Cas jumps through the gateway. Bobby helps him up. Cas says the prison is close. Bobby asks where's Dean. He doesn't know we're doing this. Dean has given up. And you idjits haven't? Would you? Hell no.

Dean says I didn't slice her. Lying must run in the family. Crowley says Mother says the curse can be removed. She doesn't know how. She says I've gone soft. Dean laughs. You have. Maybe it's all that human blood. But now you don't want to fight. You want to talk. Maybe I've changed, too. Crowley says maybe we're getting old. Dean says never saw that comin', either. So why are you letting Mother Dearest tie you in knots. Because we're family, blood. Dean says those aren't one and the same. Family has your back, even when it hurts. Sound like your mother?

Bobby and Cas find Metatron. Bobby says he looks like a Fraggle. Cas says Dean is not involved. You're going to be my punching bag. Metatron says interesting. Keys are over there. Chop chop!

Sam waiting in the playground. Gate lights up. Cas with Metatron. Miss me? Metatron calls shotgun. Cas says you're not in charge here. Metatron says I am. It's called leverage, boys. Cas cuts him and takes his grace. Then Sam shoots him. Cas says you're mortal. Answer our questions or Sam will blow your brains out. Metatron says it's Lucifer level magic. I don't know how to remove it! Cas says he's telling the truth. Shoot him. No! Your grace, there's some left. I'll take you to it. Sam says your call.

Crowley comes to Rowena. We're done. Get your things and get out. She says but I'm your mother. He says you were never my mother. I'm choosing me. I put up with your lies because maybe you were right. Maybe I did lose my edge, but that ends now. Tell me, Rowena. If I were not King of Hell, would you ever bother to care for me? I'm bloody Crowley! I'm the King of Hell and I don't take orders from you. She says I'll watch all you have burn! He gives her 5 minutes. Then pray I don't see you again.

Dean eating. Sam comes home. How was the movie? French. What did you do last night> Played some pool. Kinda boring. Sam goes to his room.

Turns the light on.

Cas stuffs Metatron in the car. Bobby asked me to give you this.

Sam reads it. Bobby says Cas told me what you're doing for Dean. Maybe going behind his back ain't the best idea. Your brother would understand. I know it's the life, but sometimes the bad is real bad and the good can come at one hell of a price. I ain't there on the ground but I know you'll make the right choice. You're a good man, Sam, one of the best, and I'm damn proud of you, son. Hearing from you made me the happiest I've been in a long time and was worth it, no matter the cost. Stay safe and keep fighting, and kick it in the ass. Bobby.

Next ep - April 15. Charlie has a book. And Dean shouldn't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment