Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

#Supernatural episode 20 recap - "Angel Heart"

"Angel Heart"

CLAIRE NOVAK RETURNS — When Claire Novak (guest star Kathryn Love Newton) gets a lead on her mother Amelia (guest star Leisha Hailey), who has been missing for years, Castiel (Misha Collins) asks Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) to help her. Castiel feels guilty for what he did to the Novak family and wants to make amends by reuniting Claire with her mom. However, when they find out what took Amelia, they realize there is a chance Claire may not get her happy ending. Steve Boyum directed this episode written by Robbie Thompson (#1020). Original airdate 4/29/2015.


Image credit: The CW

Ep 20:

A house. Nice living room. Jimmy comes in looking for Amelia. She comes downstairs. Is it you? He says Castiel's gone. it's me. They cling to each other. He says it's okay. Her arm bleeds. What's happening? He asks how's Claire? She says no, not again, no....

She wakes. A captive. The man shushes her while he cuts her. He says you're safe, Amelia. You're home.

She sees Jimmy come home and it replays again. Wow.

Claire walks into a bar. Bartender isn't impressed. Claire shows her money. She's looking for a guy that's supposed to be a regular here. Ronnie Cartwright. He says I ain't buying. She says I need your help. Finding her mother. He says I've never seen her before. He says I've never seen her. Claire says she was supposed to meet with you. You were supposed to introduce her to a miracle worker. He says piss off. Never seen her. Don't want to see you again. He leaves. She confronts him in the alley. He says I don't know Amelia Novak! She says I never told you her last name. He pushes her and she's knocked out against a dumpster. He calls 911. Says he found a girl passed out. Then he runs.

Castiel at Tulsa Memorial Hospital. Dean and Sam arrive. Thanks for coming. Dean says Claire and I are not on the best of terms. Castiel hasn't gone in, yet. He was waiting for backup. LOL. Dean says let's do this. Claire's not impressed to see them. Cas says his number was on her emergency contact list. He asks why you were in a bar? Sam asks why you were in the alley. We're not leaving until you tell what really happened. She says I was looking for my mom. She ruined my life. She's the only one left I can tell off. Sam asks when's the last anyone heard from her? Claire says I used to get postcards. No one's heard from her since 2 years ago. I was at the bar looking for Ronnie Cartwright. He knows something. She went looking for you (Cas).

Cas says it's all my fault. I need to find Amelia. Dean wants something to punch. Kidding. I'm fine. Let's go back to the bar. Sam says we should let Claire know. But she's taken off. Sam will check the motel.

Dean and Cas in the car on the way to the bar. Dean asks where does it end? you're not her dad. Cas says I'm responsible for everything that's happened to her. Dean says Claire's responsible for herself. She might be stronger on her own. Oh Dean......

The bar. They confront Ronnie. Dean's a bit forceful. Ronnie gives. He met Amelia, but she was the last one, I swear. I worked for a faith healer. I was blind and he healed me! Peter Holloway. He made me work for him as payment. I recruited candidates. Young, lost, wouldn't be missed. Some he heals and others..... I saw him one night. He tied one up and....cutting on them. After that, I was done, I quit. Haven't heard from him since.

Sam's waiting when Claire comes in. He tells her to use an alias the next time. Claire, we just want to help. He's impressed by her info wall. She says there were enough breadcrumbs to get me here. Mom's belongings got to me at a foster home. Sam got along with his mother. Death isn't always goodbye. Claire says this is different. Mom left me. Sam reads the postcard. Amelia didn't want to abandon her. Sam offers to help her hack the credit card records. Claire says show me, then I'm gone.

Ronnie calls and. Holloway is there. He makes Ronnie blind again. Then impales him with a sword.

Sam's in. He can also show her how to set up fake cards. Killing monsters doesn't pay the bills. Cas knocks. Dean says Ronnie gave up a name. Sam looks into Peter Holloway. Cas gives Claire a birthday gift. A panda from Hot Topical. LOL. Sam says Ronnie's body was found outside the bar. Dean says I didn't kill the guy. Cas and Claire want to go with him. Sam says he'll stay and research Holloway. Dean leaves. Cas says Dean snapped at the bar. He's getting worse.

Agents Clapton and Page. LOL! It's bring your daughter to work day. LOL. Cop tells them what she knows. Then she gets a call. Cas says it looks like an angel blade wound.

They return to the motel. We have to find Holloway before he bails. Sam found a house. Claire is ready to go. Cas says no, it's too dangerous. Dean says you're not going. Cas says you aren't, either. Sam says Cas is right. Maybe you should stay here. Dean's not happy. Alright, fine. I'll stay and babysit. Cas says we'll call. No fighting. Both of you. LOL.

Dean sits and drinks. Claire asks for a beer. Dean rolls his eyes. He wants to get out. Let's go.

Sam and Cas in the Impala. Cas asks should I leave Claire alone? Sam says she's family, or close enough. She just turned 18. Cas says you went to college at that age. Sam says it's different. You being there for her is good. Going it alone is not.

Mini golf. Dean makes it in the hole and gloats. Quotes "Caddyshack". She says I'm not a fan. How dare you? She asks are you done? She puts it in the hole. Quoting "Happy Gilmore." He says well played. LOL.

Sam and Cas arrive.

Claire says this is what you guys do? Dean says we haven't played mini golf in a while. But we help people. Or try to. She says like Castiel helped my dad. Dean says I'm sorry about your dad, but his sacrifice was not meaningless. Cas saved the world. Your dad is a hero. He did not die in vain. Last hole. He pulls her club out of the hole. Claire, you're a genius. Let's go.

Back to the computer. Dean says an angel sword explains the marks and wound.

Sam enters the house. Cas goes to the barn.

Claire with a book. Grigori. Watcher Angels. Some help people. Some prey on people. Lore is unclear.

Cas finds Amelia. Unties her. Tries to wake her. She freaks out. He holds her. She weeps.

Sam's phone buzzes. Then he's knocks out by Holloway.

Dean can't reach Sam or Cas. Claire says so Grigori angels went rogue? Dean doesn't care why. She says you want me to stay here? He loads a revolver and gives it to her. Happy birthday. Don't shoot me. Let's go.

Cas heals Amelia. Tries to. I'm usually able to heal any wound. She says this whole time I was dreaming. You're not him anymore, I can tell. No. Where's Jimmy? Cas says your husband is in Heaven. Amelia, I promised to protect your family and I failed. She says not if Claire is alive. She is. A very strong-willed young woman. Amelia weeps. I should've never left her....

Sam wakes tied to a chair. So you must be Holloway. For the last 50 or so years. I'm a Grigori. A watcher angel. We've fed on humans since the dawn of man. Your souls are delicious little meals. Properly kept for decades, even. I make heaven a place on earth. The other angels are failures. There were hundreds of us, but now, each of our names inscribed on our swords. Sent to protect you. Pathetic, bottom-feeding disasters.

Dean and Claire arrive. Let's stick together. First the barn, then the house. If you have to shoot, aim for the chest.

Cas checks the other people. Amelia asks how long? 2 years.

Dean and Claire head into the barn. Find Cas. Claire runs in. Amelia says I'm so sorry. They hug. I'm so sorry. Dean says let's find Sam. He tells Claire to stay. Do not move. She says thank you. Thank you both.

Into the house. Dean first. Sam's not in the chair. They hear.....Sam. Cas is surprised he's a Grigori. They're extinct. Sam says no, some survived. Where is this abomination?

Claire gets her mother up. Holloway shows up. Claire shoots him. Click. No more bullets. He's about to kill Claire and Amelia gets in the way, taking the sword to the gut.

Cas tackles the angel. Then Sam. Then Dean fights him. Cas tries again. The Grigori is killed....by Claire! She begs her mother to stay with her. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Amelia walks into the house. Jimmy comes downstairs. Is it really you? They hug. She says, is this? It's Heaven. He says I've waited for you so long. How's Claire? Amelia says she's beautiful. So strong. They exchange I love yous and embrace again. Awwwww.

Claire and Sam. They'll send her to Jodi's house. She says goodbyes aren't forever. Right. Take care of yourself, Claire. Dean gives her Caddyshack. And a book. She's not interested in anymore homework. But he saw her take the angel sword. He puts the book in her bag. If you go down our path, it's not a long life. She says I don't know, you seem pretty old. Thanks. She apologizes for setting him up. He says forget it. It's in the past. She asks if he'll be okay? He says he'll keep swinging. She says keep an eye on Cas. He says we're here, any time, if you need us. Do your homework before you do anything stupid. Taxi arrives. Cas tells her if she needs anything-- She hugs him. Good song. Willie Nelson's Blue Eye Cryin' in the Rain. Cas asks Sam tell me she'll be okay. Sam says she will be. So will you. Taxi takes her away. Cas watches.

Next week - The truth will come out. The Book cannot be destroyed. Dean is set off.

No comments:

Post a Comment