Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

#TVD episode recap - I'd Leave my Happy Home For You



Image credit: The CW

"I'd Leave My Happy Home For You"

THE CURE – As Alaric (Matt Davis) and Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) reluctantly participate in their bachelor and bachelorette parties, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) discuss the ramifications from an impulsive offer that Damon makes. Unsure of what to do, Elena turns to Bonnie (Kat Graham) and Jo for advice, but is left conflicted when Bonnie raises some unanticipated concerns. When Enzo (Michael Malarkey) realizes Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) is on a dangerous downward spiral, he asks Stefan (Paul Wesley) to help intervene before it’s too late. Lastly, fed up with the supernatural threats that plague their town, Matt (Zach Roerig) takes his frustrations out on Tyler (Michael Trevino), while Alaric considers a life-changing piece of advice. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Rebecca Sonnenshine (#620). Original airdate 4/30/2015.
Ep 20:

Classroom. Alaric gets a call. It's Jo. It's her last shift as a single woman. Can't wait to marry you.

He hears a noise and investigates. A hood over his head.

A police officer asks Jo to talk in private. He says he's here regarding Alaric. You're engaged to be married. He's a stripper. Surprise!! Elena and Bonnie threw a party.

Ric was kidnapped for his bachelor party! He smiles seeing what's in store.

Elena and Bonnie and Jo in a diner. Jo says I don't want to know what Ric's doing, do I? She goes for ketchup. Bonnie asks Elena about the Cure. Damon called her. Elena left the conversation. She says wouldn't you freak out? I needed time to process. Bonnie says but you want to be human. Yeah. I did...

Damon and Ric discuss the Cure. Ric says if you take that cure, you can never be a vampire again. Damon says I want to be with Elena. Ric asks what did Stefan say? Damon hasn't told him. That's a big party of girls.

Tyler arrives. Matt says I'm here for the free booze. Enzo arrives. Damon invited him. Where's Stefan? Matt says don't know, don't care.

He's calling Caroline again. Leaves a message. Damon's holding a bachelor party, I'm ducking my mother, and you should call me back. You should be here. Come home. Enzo says that was utterly adorable. I'm here because your mother needs your help. She's in bad shape and could use a bit of your time.

Lily eying a waiter. She's hungry. She stalks him walking home. Stefan intercedes. It's time you and I have a talk.

Lily says it's unnecessary. I was getting some fresh air. Stefan says you have a junky tic. Same as me. She says I don't know what Enzo told you. Stefan says Enzo said you went off the deep end last night. Stefan presses. Describes the hunger in acute detail. Lily's twitching. He says but I guess you don't have that problem, right?

Tyler confronts Matt about how much he's drinking. I'll drive you home. Matt asks about the training program. Tyler hurt a guy. Matt says you just need some self control, and picks a fight with Tyler. Tyler says you're not worth it.

Damon calls Stefan. Did you know Mom is the one that turned Enzo? 1903. Damon says lock her ass up and rejoin the party. Yeah. Anything else? Nope. Just love to Mom. Kidding.

Enzo pokes Damon about the Cure. Brother from the same mother. Enzo says you won't go through with it. Being human isn't what you really want. No one changes that much. Cheers, mate.

Bonnie dancing. Jo asks Elena about the Cure. Jo would rather talk about someone else's problems. Elena says what if I miss the perks? Bonnie says what if you don't love Damon anymore? Jo says being supernatural doesn't change you that much. Damon texts Elena.

Town Square. 2 minutes. He's on the clock tower. She asks what are you doing up there? Clearing my head. She offers fries.

Stefan teaching Lily to drink. It's either this or squirrel blood. Or rabbit. She says my friends are gone. Let me grieve. Stefan says you're lucky I'm not Damon, or you'd be locked in a cell right now. He thinks this relationship is worth saving. She says I can't do this. Stefan says you were the only one to flip my humanity on. Maybe deep down you still feel something for me. She says the woman that loved you was weak. The new Lily was strong and found a new family, new strength. You remind me of that pathetic woman. Stefan says let's start with a clean slate. Just trust me. He has a syringe under the table. She says you never could look me in the eye when you were lying. She stabs his hand, then feeds on a waitress. Sorry about the mess.

Damon and Elena on the tower. She loves it up here. He says soak it up while you can. Trans fat is no friend to humans. She asks if he really meant it. He says a bit of both. She says if you take the Cure, you lose something you love, being a vampire, and you'll resent me. Are you ready to give all this up? He stands. To be continued. I want to show you something. She takes his hand. They jump.

Matt's drinking. Ric says it's bad form to drink a $1000 bottle of bourbon all by yourself. Matt offers advice. You're human, which means it's a miracle you're still alive. Take your fiancee and kid and get out. Live your happy miracle life.

Enzo gets to Stefan. Stefan says I had to compel the entire restaurant myself. Enzo says just you and me. We ought to get used to it. Damon has the Cure and he plans to take it with Elena. Stefan says I would know. Enzo says by the look of shock, you don't.

Bonnie tells Jo that Damon hijacked Elena. Lily walks in the diner. Oh no. You ruined my life. Bonnie says I did it to keep Kai trapped. Even if I could help, I wouldn't. Lily tries to attack and Bonnie stops her. Lily throws a sharp object in Bonnie's neck. Attacks Jo, who yells that she's pregnant. Lily says twins. Good luck to you. She leaves. Jo helps Bonnie.

Damon and Elena discuss the perks of being a vampire. Damon says getting in people's heads is fun, too. Elena's old house. This is the first place I ever kissed you. She says this isn't real. it's a fantasy. You put this in my brain. He says isn't that the point? I've had enough fantasy in my life. I'd give it up for one life with you. He has the Cure. She says I want this, Damon, no matter how much it scares me. But for you there's no going back. He says I'm in love with you, forever, and taking this Cure won't change that. I'm ready for a little reality if you are. She opens the vial. I love you. He says til death do us part. Bottom's up. She drinks. Smiles.

He asks how do you feel? She says I don't know.....and faints. She remembers a dinner date. Their first date. Damon carries her. She wakes. He says you scared the crap out of me. What happened? She says we were on our first date. She sees more memories. I'm getting my memories back! They smile. It undid the compulsion. She pricks her finger. It doesn't heal. It worked! She feels....she kisses him. Phone rings. It's Stefan. Elena and I are having a moment. Stefan says do not take that cure! We have to lock Lily up. Lily breaks Damon's neck. I'm sorry. But I won't be imprisoned again. But my sons ruined everything. Elena says they were just trying to help. Lily says you're bleeding. You took the Cure. Elena says you don't want to feed on me. Lily says yes, I do. Elena hits her in the eye and runs.

Elena runs into the Grill. Gets more memories. Keeps running. Goes to the storeroom.

Lily gets ready to come after her.

Elena gets the vent cover off the tunnel. Lily breaks into the stock room. And can't see where Elena went.

Jo tells Bonnie it'll be okay. Jo thanks her for destroying the Ascendant. Let's get to the hospital, okay?

Elena called Stefan. Damon gets up. Stefan asks were you going to tell me, or is it easier to be your normal dickish self? Do you know what it feels like to hear it from Enzo? Damon knows. Let's go find our mother.

Lily says I'm a mess. Stefan says in time, you'll feel different. Lily says what does it matter if I'm alone. I'd be like you, sad and alone. She grabs some wood. Stefan begs her don't. Stay alive for us. Your sons you still care about and who care about you. She says you're looking into my eyes. Always had such pretty eyes. She rushes him. Damon drugs her from behind. Asks Stefan if he's okay.

Ric comes to the hospital. Hugs Jo. She says it's not my blood. Damon gave Bonnie his blood. Ric asks how's the baby. She says babies, actually. Twins. He says okay. The more the merrier. She says even if Kai never escapes, my family will take them from us. Ric says we won't let them find out. After the wedding, we'll disappear. You and the babies are my life and all I care about is keeping you safe.

Damon comes home. Elena's there. He says Bonnie and Jo are okay and Lily has been laid down for a long winter's nap. She says I remember everything. Everything. Every kiss, every conversation. We've already had this discussion on The Island. She asked him to take the Cure then and he said no. I can't think of anything more miserable on earth. He says that was a long time ago. She says what does Stefan think? Damon says I don't care. She says I love you. I'm not trying to hurt you, but I can't let you do this until you've let everyone try to talk you out of it, including you. She leaves.

Enzo is there when Lily wakes in the dungeon. Lorenzo, is that you? He wanted to make sure she's in good hands. She asks him to let her out. Stefan says I can take it from here. Enzo says I'll come visit. This is a family matter now. Stefan says earlier, you asked me what it'd feel like to have something I cherished ripped away from me. You're right, I'd be devastated. One day, you'll see me as your son. Lily says Stefan...you have no idea what devastation feels like, but you will. I'll find a way to get my people back. No matter what it takes.

Kai cooks a meal. He has fresh vampire punctures. He rings a dinner bell. Come and get it. Big breakfast for a big day. It's time we get the hell out of this place. He giggles.

Next week - Stefan tries to convince Damon he doesn't want to be human. This will be your hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment