Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

#AgentsOfSHIELD season 2 finale - "S.O.S. Part One and Part Two"

“S.O.S.”





Part One and Part Two – S.H.I.E.L.D. puts everything on the line to survive a war that blurs the line between friend and foe. Coulson and his team will be forced to make shocking sacrifices that will leave their relationships and their world changed forever, on the two-hour season finale of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,” Tuesday, May 12(9:00-11:00 PM, ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter, and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring on “S.O.S.,” Part One are Henry Simmons as Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Kyle Maclachlan as Cal, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Christine Adams as Agent Weaver, Mark Allan Stewart as Agent Oliver, Maya Stojan as Kara/Agent 33, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell, Kyle Mattocks as Agent Harris, Ryan Powers as S.H.I.E.L.D. tech agent, and Alicia Vela-Bailey as Alisha.

Guest starring on “S.O.S.,” Part Two are Henry Simmons as Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie, Kyle Maclachlan as Cal, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Christine Adams as Agent Weaver, Mark Allan Stewart as Agent Oliver, Blair Underwood as Andrew Garner, Maya Stojan as Kara/Agent 33, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell, Brendan Wayne as Jiaying’s assistant, Robert Reinis as bartender, Daz Crawford as Kebo, Alicia Vela-Bailey as Alisha, and Anthony D. Washington as TAC agent #3.

“S.O.S.,” Part One was written by Jeffrey Bell and directed by Vincent Misiano.

“S.O.S.,” Part Two was written by Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and directed by Billy Gierhart.




Image credit: ABC

Episode 21:

Jiaying collapses. Says Gonzales said Inhumans should be exterminated. he had a gun. Get everyone to safety. Simmons wants to help her wound. Jiaying says we have our own doctors.

May says Bobbi hasn't arrived. Simmons says Skye' mother has been shot, allegedly by Gonzales. Coulson says find him and get everyone out. May orders Cal secured. Gordon teleports into a jet. They take it over. And fire at the city!!

Jiaying says I thought you were on our side. Skye says I don't know why they're doing this. May runs in. Skye stop! Stand down. Skye says you need to stand down. May says we can fix this. I need to see Gonzales. Skye tries to fight her. May says I don't want to hurt you. Skye says you won't. May says help me fix this! Skye uses her power. Sorry, May, you're not welcome here.

The carrier. Mack's packed up. He's not changing his mind. Alarm sounds. Gonzales is dead. We're waiting on orders.

Simmons tells Coulson we've moved out. May wakes up. Where's Skye? Simmons believes Gonzales did this. The councilwoman says no, he didn't and wouldn't. Coulson agrees. He thinks Skye is confused. Talk to Cal.

Jiaying is being patched up. Skye asks if she needs blood. Lincoln says you've helped enough. Skye says I never meant for any of this to happen. Jiaying says Skye feels as betrayed as we do, Lincoln, maybe more. I need rest.

Hunter can't reach Bobbi. Finn says the transponder is offline.

Skye goes to Raina. You knew. You saw this. Afraid so. Raina says you want to know what's next. But you won't believe me if I tell you, because of our past. You and I are intertwined. I had a vision today that revealed the truth. Skye says tell me. Raina says it's the thorn that protects the rose, or the daisy. My destiny is to help you become what you are meant to be. Your mother is misleading our people. You are destined to lead. You'll see the truth.

Gordon gets back to Jiaying. He says your plan worked. What about your daughter? Jiaying says I'm confident Skye will do the right thing. She takes from the captive SHIELD agent to heal. Oh damn.

Cal brought to Coulson. What are you really doing here? Cal says I'm a peace offering from my family. Simmons says he's more of a Trojan horse. She's going to analyze the vials. May says we didn't lose Skye. She chose.

Fitz and Hunter see that Bobbi left with Agent 33.

Kara wants Bobbi to say why she's here. Ward says we'll stay as long as it takes to get her to admit what she did to you. Bakshi says you knowingly handed over Kara to Hydra. You are the reason she was tortured. You are here to confess that truth to give Kara the closure she needs to move on. Kara tells me you don't like needles.

Skye asks Jiaying how are you up? I've been shot before and this is..... Inhuman? Skye says this is a worst day ever. Raina says bad things will happen. Jiaying says I thought you don't trust her. Skye doesn't. Jiaying says we have to stop hiding and fight. If our people will be safe, I need you standing by my side. Bring this back to me if you decide to join our fight.

Coulson says Jiaying manufactured this as theater. Fitz says Bobbi left with Agent 33. Simmons asks why? Hunter says the Quinjet landed in Spain. Coulson says this reeks of Ward. May says I'm going to kill him.

Ward with Bobbi. You can't fight what's happening or feel the pain, yet. In a little while, the drug will turn off and everything you're feeling will flood in at once. We can avoid all that pain if you cooperate. Admit your sins. Bobbi says what happened to you is a tragedy. The lives of many outweigh the life of one. You swore to that ideal when you joined SHIELD. I made a hard call and I'd make it again now.

Council wants to strike on the Inhumans. Coulson says no. Mack says with Gonzales dead, I agree this needs to be settled. Coulson says Skye is our best bet for resolution. Give me time to gather intel. She says 3 hours.

Mack is ordered to be useful and get the ship battle ready.

Cal is cold. Coulson says we can get you another blanket. Or hot cocoa. Why did Jiaying send you? Cal says you'll never understand what a father will do. Coulson says Hydra took Skye, not SHIELD.

Coulson asks Simmons if she's got clues on the serum. She says it's an ill-conceived attempt at super strength. Taking 3 vials, he should be dead.

Bobbi says Ward is molding you like Bakshi did. Ward says I'm helping her heal. Bobbi says it won't end with me. It'll never end. Did he start easy? Kara says Grant's already told me everything. In the end, he overcame his family and Garret and remade himself. It's why I love him and I will always stand with Ward.

Raina and Jiaying meet. Jiaying says you'll be a valuable adviser. Raina says growing up, I dreamed of leading, but it's my job to illuminate. There's only one thing that can save the Inhumans. It's Skye. My grandmother said one day I'd be an angel. I'm not a monster. I am an angel. I'm what I'm meant to be. Angels are guardians and heralds. I'm here to show exactly what you are. The Inhumans will see the truth. Jiaying says no, they won't. She stabs Raina. Skye saw it all! She drops the medallion.

Skye says how could you? Jiaying says she threatened me. Skye says you killed Gonzales. You want a war! Jiaying says I struck first so we'd have the advantage. SHIELD will hunt us down. SHIELD must be destroyed so we can survive. When I'm gone, you must lead these people and protect them. Skye says they need protection from you! Skye is knocked out. Jiaying orders him to restrain her and take her away. Hopefully she'll understand when this is over.

Cal asks for water. And pours it on himself. Can I have another one to drink? Coulson says that depends on your cooperation. Your wife is trying to start a war and your daughter will be caught in the middle. What's in these vials is killing you. Cal says I took it of my own free will. It's my concoction. Best laid plans. I never got it quite right. It made me a little moody. Could it kill me? Sure. But it's worth the risk.

Spain. They find the Quinjet. May and Hunter look around. There was a fight here.

Bobbi's feeling the pain now. Ward comes back in. I knew you'd be tough. Coulson has a good eye for talent. You and I are a lot alike. We keep who we really are deep inside. That's why Coulson never saw us coming. I need you to help me help Kara. She needs closure. Admit you betrayed her and we can end this. Bobbi says you betrayed your team. How many people that trusted you have died? She gets free and fights him. Kara wakes and shoots. Bobbi fights both of them. Ward disables Bobbi's leg. Anything you'd like to say to Kara? Bobbi says I'd do it all again. Ward gives the gun to Kara. Kara says this isn't right. I'm not feeling it. She doesn't care if she dies and she's not sorry. Ward says it's okay. I know what to do.

Inhumans on the ship. Gordon teleported two in with him.

Coulson says Daisy will never forgive you if you hurt everyone here. Cal says don't call her that. Coulson says you're being used. It's always been her ideas, hasn't it? Jiaying is the real monster! Cal codes. They take him to medical. Coulson says you have to save him. Simmons gives him adrenaline. And now he's a monster.

Coulson tries to appeal to Cal. Please calm down. Cal says this is me calm, Phil. They have icers. Coulson hopes there's a sliver of the man that's Skye's father in there. Coulson tells Simmons and Fitz to run. Cal says it's time for you all to die. I do what Jiaying asks. It makes her happy. It's why she loves me.

Mack hears voices. Sees Inhumans in the hall.

Hunter and May. Bobbi's phone is back in service. May says it could be a trap. But she's all in. Hunter calls the phone.

Ward says that was fast. You think he'll come for you? Since you've shown no remorse and clearly have no regard for your own life, we're leaving a little present. They open the door and brains everywhere. Kara says wonder what you'll feel watching someone you care about die? Ward says we'll feel pleasure.

Gordon gets in to the liquid stone. The Inhumans says weapons down or everybody dies. Mack follows a redhead Inhuman.

Lincoln on the boat. The redhead split into multiple selves that all can fight.

The ship is pretty disabled. We need to warn Coulson.

Cal goes after Simmons and Fitz. They run. Coulson hits him with the SUV and pins him against the wall. We're gonna talk.

The ship is under Inhuman control. Jiaying is pleased. Anyone unaccounted for will be found on our next sweep. She has more crystals. Now we begin.

Cal says this won't hold me long. Coulson says long enough. It's just us to have a little chat, Cal. We walk out together or not at all. Cal says I want to snap your spine. Coulson says no, you want to protect your daughter. You're a family man. Your wife made you do it. You're not a monster. I know you thought so for a long time, but deep down, you're a good man. You wear your heart on your sleeve. Skye got that from you. Cal says I was trying to put my family back together! I sowed her back up and she was never the same. Before Whitehall, an elder would sacrifice themselves so she could live on. She'd beg them not to. She had a good heart, and it was torn out. She needs to take lives to heal. She didn't care about human life anymore. I thought I could fix her if I could just make good on my promise to protect Skye. Coulson says think about the danger Skye is in. I will protect Skye whatever the cost. Cal says please let me help you.

Mack finds Skye in the jail. It's you and me, Tremors. She says I never meant for this to happen. It's my mother manipulating them. Mack says I need your skills. He brought a laptop.
Episode 22:

Control room. Lincoln says we have a problem. An emergency beacon went out to Coulson's base. Can't turn it off without a code. Jiaying wants the beacon expanded. Invite all of SHIELD. We have to show what we're capable of. She uses a crystal as incentive. Expand the beacon or there will be more.

Mack says we need to cut that beacon. But it's hardwired on the other side of the ship.

Simmons helped Cal. He says careful, I'm a married man. LOL.

May's team goes in. Kara and Ward watch on video. Ward says I'll take care of May. I owe her that.

Hunter gives instructions.

Bobbi hears Hunter. She tries to get out of her chair.

Hunter searching. She rocks the chair. He opens a door to an empty room.

Ward takes down an agent. Kara takes out another. May fires at her. May tells all agents to converge on the south corner.

Hunter sees blood at a door. Reaches for the knob. She rocks to take the shot to the back of her.

Ward shoots May.....except it's Kara! He pleads with her.

Hunter tells May we need to get Bobbi out, she's dying.

Lincoln and Gordon look at the stone. Gordon calls it beautiful. It's better we have control of it. Lincoln asks how dangerous are we? Jiaying murdered that man. Gordon says she'll do anything to protect our people. Are you forgetting your life before we found you? No. Gordon says we're not doing anything SHIELD won't do to us. Remember even Skye is dangerous.

Skye and Mack. Mack says you make the best choice you can. They split up.

Fitz and Coulson. Simmons says Bobbi is holding on, barely. May and Hunter bring her in. Simmons takes over.

Skye gets to the mainframe. Lincoln asks how she got out. She says I can explain. He says don't bother. Uh oh.

Lincoln fired electricity at Skye. She says listen, please. Jiaying shot herself so we'd follow her to war. Ask Raina, but she's not here. She had a vision and Jiaying cut her throat. You saw what she did with those crystals. We can stop this. Tell me where she took the crystals. Lincoln says the fan room. Mack knocks him out. She says remember what happens if they break. He says they won't.

May calls Andrew. She wanted to hear his voice. He asks how bad is it? She says it won't end well. There's a lot I didn't say that I wish I did. He says me, too. Do good, Melinda, and get home safe.

Fitz readying to go. Simmons says watch your back. We never spoke about what you said to me. He asks now? You want to talk about this now? She says no, we don't....it means a lot to me that we're friends again and maybe when you get back we can talk about it. He says there's nothing to discuss. She says maybe there is. Coulson says we're on the move.

May doesn't like that Cal's on the mission. Coulson says Cal is erratic, but he will protect Skye. Fitz says there's a code that it's a trap. Coulson orders all other forces to fall back. We're going to finish this.

Jiaying orders a man to check Skye's cell. Then tells Gordon to break the crystals. If they're not one of us, they all die.

Quinjet lands. Coulson gives orders. Save the crew. Fitz says the crystals are in the HVAC system. Cal says this is a family matter. My wife, my responsibility. You find the crystals and leave her to me.

Gordon finds Mack.

Skye confronts her mother. Jiaying says I'm going to find the descendants. Goodbye, Daisy. The Redhead multiples and Skye takes them on.

Mack trying to protect the case from Gordon. Gordon says put the ax down and avoid further unpleasantness. Mack says no.

Cal finds Jiaying. Hi, honey. He says maybe we both kinda lost our heads. this is about our daughter. Think of what you're doing to Daisy. She says I'm trying to protect her from the cruelty of this world. He says it's not too late. She says for you, it is. He gets locked up.

Coulson and Fitz get to Mack. Fitz has quantum field disruptors.

Skye still fighting with the redhead in the control room.

May taking out Inhumans. Lincoln finds her.

Skye's tiring. She gets overwhelmed. Lincoln saves her. With May. Skye says sorry, I didn't know. Lincoln takes her restraints off. Skye says I won't hesitate. Whatever it takes.

Gordon reappears. Fitz hits the button. Coulson hits Gordon. He's trapped. Batter up!

Skye reaches Jiaying. They're leaving with the crystals. Skye says there were other ways. Jiaying says the war will never end. But you and I together....we could launch a revolution, side by side. Skye says this is about hate. You can't even tell right from wrong. I can't let you destroy any more lives. Jiaying says you're so beautiful, so strong. Jiaying sucks her strength from her.

Skye pleads. Jiaying says you made your choice, I'm sorry. Skye quakes. She throws the Quinjet in the water.

Lincoln and May fight the redheads. Lincoln says take out the source. We're not bad, we're misled.

Coulson and Fitz and Mack vs. Gordon. Fitz stabs Gordon. Who has a crystal. Coulson dives and catches it. His hand! Mack cuts off the infection. Coulson'shand!

Jiaying grabs Skye again. Cal says please stop. You don't have to do this. You don't have to live with that pain. I will. He kills Jiaying. Keeping my promise. He holds her and weeps.

SHIELD HQ. Andrew asks Coulson if he's ready to talk about his arm. Coulson asks about Bobbi.

She wakes with Hunter next to her. He says you look better. Taking a bullet for me is stupid. He says you have surgery tomorrow. She says I can't do this anymore.

Mack isn't quitting now. Andrew says he holds a deep mistrust of the artifacts. Coulson says that's why I put him in charge of it. May asked for a few days off. You two snuck in my office and drank half my scotch. May packs up to go. Andrew has recommendations for the new program. Coulson thanks him.

Skye and Cal. Cal says this is so long, for now. Can't have a Hollywood ending. But I found you. You're better than I imagined. My love for my family is what drove me mad. I know I'm going away for good, but can you visit once in a while? Skye promises. That would be the best day ever. He says July 2nd, 1988 was the best. She hugs him. He leaves with the agents.

Ward stares at a photo of Kara. Alone in a bar. Man comes in and gives him a list. Hydra leadership is gone. Ward wants more names. The man says there's no leadership anymore. Ward kills him. Now you work for me. I miss having a team around me. I want more names. What's the plan, sir? Closure.

Cal at a vet clinic? He has an office. Skye drops in. Nice place. He says thanks. We have adoption days. Just ask for Dr. Winslow. And you are? Daisy. He says lovely name. She goes back to Coulson. Thanks him. Cal has a lot to give and now a way to give it. Coulson asks her if she's ready to work. A team of powered people. Skye says people like me need to be secret. He says anonymous is the idea. We have to do this. We don't have a choice. She gets in the driver seat of Lola. He says we'll never get ahead of the consequences we set in motion.

Ocean. The crystals are dissolving. Goes in fish. And fish products.

Simmons and Fitz. He wants to go to dinner. Somewhere nice. Oh. Good. Okay. Find me when you're finished here. He leaves. The door on the liquid stone is ajar. The stone swallows her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment