Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

#Supernatural season 10 finale - "Brother's Keeper"

"Brother's Keeper"

SUPERNATURAL SEASON FINALE — Dean (Jensen Ackles) makes a shocking decision regarding the Mark of Cain that would change not only his life, but Sam’s (Jared Padalecki) too. Meanwhile, Crowley (Mark Sheppard) and Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) face off and Castiel (Misha Collins) gets caught in the middle. Phil Sgriccia directed this episode written by Jeremy Carver (#1023). Original airdate 5/20/2015.







Image credit: The CW

Episode 23:

New remix of Carry On, Wayward Son.

Sam loading bullets. There's no sign of Dean. He tells Cas that the Lojak on the Impala was disabled. Cas is still hesitant about Rowena doing the spell. Sam says we can't sit on our asses doing nothing. There will be consequences, but no one knows what they are, so I'm not going to let my brother destroy himself on a guess. We save Dean.

Dean wakes up with a hangover. On the floor. He says I'm good. No, you're really not.

"Brother's Keeper"

Dean checks out a case. He's rude. Rudy shows up. Dean says take a walk on this one. Rudy says I called you. Dean says no, you begged me. Let the real hunters do the work. Rose wasn't alone. Crystal was with her. Sheriff is going to interview the parents. Rudy tells Dean off.

Rowena drinking tea. Cas and Sam arrive. Sam has a revolver with 5 witch-killing bullets. She's not impressed. You and I know that's nothing but a bluff. She's the expert and they need her. Let's have a nice wee cup of tea and negotiate. Sam asks what do you want? She says I'll take my freedom guaranteed and the Codex. Cas says this is a mistake.

Dean talks to Rose's parents. Rose was a shy girl. Dean says Rose knew the person, and was trying to have intercourse with him. He picks at the father until the man punches him. Joe, who did this? He weeps and says I don't know.

Dean pulls his gun on the kid following him. Crystal is still.... There are guys out by a creek. Rehabbing a cabin. I brought the girls out there in the first place.

Rowena reading. Something made by God but forbidden to man. Cas says the forbidden fruit? And then a false idol. The golden calf. What's the third ingredient? She says it's impossible. Loosely translated, my heart. I have to sacrifice something I love. But I don't love anything. Cas suggests Crowley. She says I'm happy to kill him. Cas says everyone loves something. He reads her memories. Sees Oscar, a Polish boy. She knew him 300 years ago.

Rudy calls Sam. Dean is in Nebraska. And he's not playing well with others. Sam says text me the details. Sam gives Cas Dean's hair for the spell. Make the spell happen, whatever it takes. Please.

Dean beheads a vampire. Charges into the cabin. Rudy's held hostage. Dean tells him to walk away. He prods the vampire. Vampire stabs Rudy. Dean frees Crystal. You're welcome.

Motel. Dean washes his hands. Sees Cas's beaten face in the mirror. Sees Rudy. Punches the mirror. Breaks and destroys things.

Sam gets to the crime scene. Crystal treated by a paramedic. Sees Rudy dead in the cabin. Sheriff tells him what Crystal said happened.

Cas summons Crowley. Crowley says couldn't you call? Cas says you're not in my contacts list. Cas says I need your assistance to cure Dean of the Mark. Crowley wants him to blast him or beg. Cas shows him the list of ingredients. Crowley says the quince, what's left of the calf, and something Rowena loves. Well? Crowley's in.

Sam finds the Impala. He knocks on the motel door. Enters. Finds the mess and no Dean. There's a note with keys. "She's all yours."

Dean prepares a spell. He summons Death. Dean made Mexican food for him. Queso, taquitos, and tamales. An offering. I want you to kill me.

Death likes the food. And he says I've been burned by you Winchesters before, yet you still call. Dean says not this time. Shows him the Mark. I can't fight this. I've got no moves left except you. Death never thought he'd see the day. I won't kill you, Dean. Nothing can kill you. Dean asks can you get rid of it. Death says I could. Before there was light, there wasn't nothing. There was darkness, a horrible destructive force. God locked it away. He created a Mark to serve as both lock and key, but the Mark corrupted Lucifer, and Lucifer passed the Mark to Cain who passed the Mark to you. Dean says that's fan-freaking-tastic. Death says I can only remove the Mark if you share it with another to make sure the Darkness remains bound. Dean says I'm not doing that to anyone. Death offers to relocate him to somewhere he won't be a danger to himself or others.

Sam calls Dean and Dean answers. I did everything to fight it, Sam. Brother, I'm done. Grab a pen, it's time to say goodbye.

Crowley comes back to the diner cook. Tells him the story of Rowena. She threw herself in the mercy of a Polish family. She grew to love their 8 year old son. A hamster told me. Tragically, the boy was terminally ill. The witch cured him, and gave him immortality when he was fully grown. Didn't she, Oscar?

Sam arrives at the Mexican restaurant. Sees Death. Dean says we need to talk. Sam says there's another way. You don't need to die! Dean says I thought the way out was my death. I was wrong. It's yours.

Sam says what? He's going to send you in outer space? Death says this is simple. Your brother cannot be killed and the Mark cannot be removed without releasing horrible Evil. But even if I remove Dean from the playing field, you will not rest until you save your brother. There was that time you stood me up. Sam says, so you traded my life? Dean tells him to stop thinking about yourself for one damn minute! Death says this is for the greater good.

Crowley brings the ingredients. He says my mother isn't incapable of loving, she's incapable of loving me. She says I've never loved anything! Oscar is brought in. Crowley says you were saying?

Dean reminds Sam of when he was ready to die in that church with Crowley. You were right then, I should've let you go. It's time we put a proper name to what we really are and deal with it. Sam says we're not evil. We're far from perfect, but we're good. Dean says I let Rudy die. How is that not evil? I know what I am, Sam. How about you when you drove that man to sell his soul or bullied Charlie into helping you? You're will to let the Darkness into the world. Sam says you called Death to prevent you from doing more harm, and you called me. You're searching for another way. Dean says no, there is no other way. I'm sorry. Sam punches him. Dean says good. Fight. And punches back.

Cas asks Rowena if she loved this man. Rowena says this is a new low, Fergus. Crowley says it's only cruel if you go through with it.

Brothers fight. Dean easily deals with Sam. Sam says okay, that's enough. You'll never, ever hear me say that you, the real you, is anything but good. But you're right. Before you hurt anyone else, you have to be stopped at any cost. I understand. Do it. Death holds out the sickle. Do the honor. Dean says close your eyes. Sammy, close your eyes. Sam says wait. Take these. One day, when you find your way back, let these be your guide. Remember what it was to be good, to love. It's the photos from Dean's childhood. Death says do it. Or I will. What you've become is a stain on their memory. Dean says forgive me. He swings the blade into Death! Death crumbles. Dean looks shocked. So does Sam.

Rowena asks Oscar for a hug. Everything's fine, Oscar. She stabs him in the neck and guides his blood into the bowl. Starts chanting the spell.

Dean helps Sam up. You okay? You? Fantastic. I think I just killed Death.

Rowena puts Dean's hair in the bowl. An energy blast throws them all on their backs.

Lightning bolt burns the Mark off Dean's arm.

Rowena is free of the chains. Crowley and Cas are stuck. She spells Cas to kill Crowley. He's a zombie angel right now.

Sam gives Dean the keys. Lightning bolts his the ground over and over. Then a black smoke comes out of the ground, in place after place. And centralizes in a corn field. They get in the car and drive away. But the car gets stuck in a rut. Wheels stuck. The smoke is coming at them. It overtakes them.

Jeremy Carver thanks us for watching the finale. In season 11, for the boys, things will go from bad to worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment