Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

#TheFlash season 1 finale recap - "Fast Enough"

"Fast Enough"

EPIC SEASON FINALE; VICTOR GARBER AND ROBBIE AMELL GUEST STAR — Wells (Tom Cavanagh) presents Barry (Grant Gustin) with a life-changing choice. Dr. Martin Stein (guest star Victor Garber) and Ronnie Raymond (guest star Robbie Amell) return to help the S.T.A.R. Labs team with this final fight. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Gabrielle Stanton & Andrew Kreisberg (#123). Original airdate 5/19/2015.




Image credit: The CW

Episode 23:

Barry has Wells in a cell. Harrison says you have questions, go ahead. Eobard Thawne was born 136 years from now. Why did you kill my mother? Because I hate you. In the future. Why were we enemies? It doesn't matter, not anymore. I learned your name and finally knew how to defeat you. Wipe you from the future, but you followed me back and you got young you out of there. But what if you suffered a tragedy. So horrible, you would not recover. I stabbed your mother in the heart. And then I realized I lost my way home. Lost my ability to harness the speed force. And the only way back was The Flash. So I created him. Barry asks why train me? Because I needed you to get fast enough to create a stable wormhole so I could return home. Thawne says give me what I want and you can go back and save your mother. Prevent your father from going to prison. Reunite your family. Barry says I don't believe you. I want to kill you. Thawne says I used to feel that rage. But I'm giving you a chance to undo all the evil I've done. Don't you want that chance? Barry walks away.

Tells Stein and the others. Caitlin says it seems pretty cut and dry. Stein says this has unparalleled risk. The night you saved yourself altered the timeline. One different decision impacts everything that follows. Nothing would be as it is today and you'd never know the difference. You wouldn't remember any of it. There's no real way of knowing what your life will be. Joe says you have to do this. You've got to change the past.

Barry says that's ir? you think I should do it? I'll never come to live with you. Joe says you get to grow up with both parents. Wells has messed with our lives long enough. You've saved a lot of lives this year. Time to save yours.

The prison. Barry tells his dad about the time travel idea. What does Joe think? He thinks I should do it. His father says no, you can't. Barry says I can make us a family again. His dad says no, there's a natural order to things. There's a reason for everything. Barry says I can save mom. Dad asks, At what cost? What if it changes you? I'm in awe of you, of the man you've become. Your mom would be just as proud. If your mom knew you could lose what makes you special, she wouldn't want that. When you become a father yourself, then you'll know how much I truly love you.

Ronnie says I'm back for good. I'm not whole unless I'm with you. I love you, Cait. Once upon a time, you agreed to marry me. Let's say we do that.

Barry on the rooftop. Iris finds him. He thought it'd be a good place to think. She says it is. She asks if he's going to do it? He says if I'm wrong, I can't undo it. She brings up their future marriage. He says growing up with you made it hard to admit my feelings, and I waited too long and you met Eddie. But living with you and Joe, I've had a great life, Iris. What do you think I should do? She says you should stop thinking about other people and do what's in your heart. Do what you need to do for yourself.

Thawne says it took you an hour longer to decide than I thought it would. He says we use the particle accelerator. If you can go fast enough to hit that particle, you'll create a portal connecting this time to infinite times. Barry says you said if I run fast enough. Wells says if you don't achieve the desired velocity, you will die.

Stein goes over the calculations. Eureka or excelsior. LOL. Cisco asks why, why would you consider doing this? You know why? Barry would have to go Mach 2 minimum. Barry says we need something else, too. I need you to build a time machine. Wells needs the ship to travel back to the future. He has the parts, we just have to put it together. Ronnie says the tungsten tiles will be flammable.

Cisco goes to Wells. Ronnie's right, I should've accounted for the temporal shearing. Cement the tiles with a cobalt resin. Cisco says fine. Wells says I don't belong here in these barbaric times. Cisco says is that what you told yourself when you killed me? It was in an alternate timeline and I never forgot it. You crushed my heart with your fist. Wells says I'm sorry you're able to remember. It means....I wasn't sure until just now. The night the particle accelerator exploded, you were affected, too. Cisco says no, I wasn't. Wells says don't be afraid. A great and honorable destiny awaits you now. Remember that it was given to you out of love.

Eddie thinks he's only in the way. Wells says in the future, I don't matter. He had a newspaper from 2024. Stein says and I have a mug that says World's Greatest Boss. You might be the most interesting thing here. What are the odds that Thawne would be here with you, his ancestor? There is no way to account for coincidence. You're an anomaly. You are the only person that can choose their future.

Stein says we have a problem. Colliding with the particle, there's a chance to create a singularity. A black hole. If we can't control it, we could create a global catastrophe. Cisco says so long and thanks for all the fish. LOL.

Wells says it was always a risk. How many dangers have we faced this year together? I have been planning this for almost 2 decades. It will work. Barry will have 1 minute and 50 seconds to travel to the past. Then you can close the wormhole. More than enough time. I believe in you, Barry.

Joe follows Barry out. Barry says sure you want to tell me this is for the best? Joe says I'd be lying if I did. I don't know what to think. I was faking it. Most of the time, parents do that. Of course I'm scared. I didn't want you to not help your mother because you're worried about me. Barry asks do you think I can do this? Joe says yes. Barry has dreamed his whole life about saving her. I never thought I'd have to lose another parent to do that. I gained so much. That tragedy gave me you and I don't want to lose you. Joe says you won't ever lose me. Ever.

Eddie goes to Iris. Brought her Chinese food. A year and a half ago, I had a date with a dancer, but she pulled her hamstring and had to cancel. I had dinner, then saw a mugger running with a backpack. Your backpack. And I arrested him. There were so many coincidences that brought us together. I forgot i have a destiny and it's you. Every moment in my life brought me to you. Screw the future. She smiles. Screw the future.

Stein is a rabbi. So he can marry Ronnie and Caitlin. She's in a white dress, has a bouquet. Cisco has the rings. Caitlin says I have everyone and everything I need right here. All the things that led us to this moment, were worth it. I love you, Ronnie. Stein pronounces them man and wife. You may kiss your bride. Ronnie says stop telling me what to do. They kiss and everyone claps.

Caitlin hugs Barry. Cisco says there will be 3 yous back there. Wait until future you gets younger you out of there. May the speed force be with you. Barry hugs Joe. Then says goodbye to Iris. He enters the particle accelerator. Stein says remember, you will only have 1 minute 52 seconds to save your mother and return. Wells says I know you can do it. Run, Barry, run! He runs laps.

Barry passes Mach 2. Running and running. You're seeing the speed force, the past, present, future all at once. Think about that night, think about your mother. It's working. It's working.

Stein says eject the particle now. The wormhole is open and stable. Start the clock.

Barry is in his childhood room. Hears his young self yelling. Barry sees himself as the Flash. Young Barry is taken away. Reverse Flash with the knife. She screams. Barry's dad is unconscious. Barry takes his mother's hand. She's been stabbed. She asks who are you? I'm the Flash. She doesn't understand. He takes the mask off. She says you look just like my father. He says this won't make any sense, but it's me, mom. It's Barry. She caresses his face. He says I got a second chance to come back here. We're okay, me and Dad. We love you, Mom. I love you. She says goodbye, Barry. She dies. He cries.

58 seconds left. It's time to say goodbye to Wells. A helmet comes through the wormhole? Wells says that's my cue to leave. He gets in the machine. It lifts off. 30 seconds. Barry comes back and punches it! We have to shut down the wormhole! Wells asks you didn't save her. Why?! Why! They fight.

Caitlin and Ronnie work on cutting power. 3, 2, 1. The wormhole closes. Ronnie got shocked. Caitlin checks on him.

Well says I always win, Flash. Eddie shot himself!! Joe runs to him. Eddie dies, Wells will never be born. Thawne looks like himself. Iris pleads with Eddie. Eddie says turns out, I'm a hero after all. All I wanted to be is your hero. He dies. Thawne asks Barry, how will you get along without me? He disappears. The wormhole reopens! Cisco says that's not good!

We have to go. We have to go now! Eddie's body is sucked in.

They run out of the building. The singularity won't stop until it sucks in everything. Even after the Earth is gone. Stein says it's locked in. Barry says we have to stop the motion, like a tornado. Stein says it's too powerful. Barry says I have to try. He runs.

Up into the wormhole.

See you next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment