Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

#Supernatural episode 22 recap - "Prisoner"

"The Prisoner"

DEAN IS ON A RAMPAGE — When it comes to the Stynes, Dean (Jensen Ackles) decides to take matters into his own hands. Sam (Jared Padalecki) tries to come to terms with his decision. Thomas J. Wright directed this episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1022). Original airdate 5/13/2015.








Image credit: The CW

Episode 22:

Family cares for you. Family is there for the good and the bad. They have your back even when it hurts. Always.

Shreveport, LA. A high school. young Styne is stopped by another kid. We have a bet, how much of a virgin are you? You've seen a boob, right? Answer the question. Styne says you want people to think you're hood, but you grew up in a white bread home. Boy pushes him. I'm gonna kick your ass. Older Styne shows up. Problem here? Younger Styne says no. Let's go.

Car stalks the bully. He takes a turn and runs into Styne. I got no beef with you. A second Styne suffocates him from behind.

Dean builds a pyre. Thinks about Charlie. Sam does, too. They aren't talking. Just working. Dean carries the body. Sam helps him place it. They light the fire. Sam says Charlie, we're going to miss you. You were the best and I'm so sorry. Dean says shut up. You got her killed, so you don't get to apologize. I told you to leave it alone. The Mark isn't going to kill me. Sam says you won't be you anymore. You're all I got. I had a shot-- Dean says Charlie is dead. Nice shot. Sam asks you think I'm ever going to forgive myself for that? Dean think it should be Sam on that pyre, not her. Shut this thing down now. I'm going to find who did this, rip apart everything they ever loved, then tear out their heart. Sam asks is that you or the Mark? Dean says doesn't matter.

Styne kid gaming. Cousin says your father wants to see you.

Elder Styne says you lost an arm and didn't get the book. You know what we do to loser. He says the Winchesters took me to their clubhouse. Give me a few guys and I'll make the biggest score you've ever seen. The boy is brought in. Father says this is a teachable moment. Men like him are only good for spare parts. You're going to carve him up. The kid doesn't want to. Father says that is your legacy. You've been soft, Cyrus, you're the baby, it's natural, but now, you're going to do this, or I butcher that boy and then put you on the table and go to work. understand? He guides Cyrus with the scalpel. Cyrus can't look.

Dean on the phone. Asks Rudy to run some plates. It's registered to a Styne in Louisiana, but there's no address.

Cas and Rowena. She's staring at him. You're fascinating. And angel that rejected Heaven. Sam arrives. Cas asks where's Charlie. He sees on Sam's face. Cas says I should've gone after her. What happened? Sam says me. The Stynes caught up with her. Dean's gone after them. Cas asks what now? Sam says I'm shutting this down, I promised Dean. Cas asks what about her? I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish. LOL. Sam has a tracker on the Impala. He says e-mail from Charlie. Shows it to Rowena. She smiles. That little minx. She cracked the code. Sam asks can you read the Book of the Damned with this? She says every last word. We can cure the Mark of Cain. Sam tells Cas to keep an eye on Dean. He would do everything to save me. I owe him everything. We know what happens if we don't cure him. Go find him and keep him safe. Cas says okay. Sam tells Rowena to translate. She says I never said I would read the Book. Sam says we have a deal. She says we do. Kill Crowley now. After i cast that spell, who knows what would happen? So you will kill my son and do it my way now!

Bloody body. Dead. Cousin has a new arm. Fits like a glove. Cyrus wants to leave. Cousin says now, you're coming with me.

Dean gets pulled over. Hands over his license and registration. Cop asks him to get out of the car, Ashley. Dean asks what's this about. The other cop beats the tail lights. We're taking you down to the station.

Crowley at a diner. Coffee and pastry. Chats with the cook. Dean calls him. I need your help. Texts an address.

Dean's fake IDs are looked over. 17 of them and a trunk full of guns, knives, ninja stars. Who are you, man? Dean says I'm the guy that's getting out of here in 30 seconds. He gets the deputy in an arm-bar and frees himself with the keys the deputy hands over. Confronts the sheriff. Hits him with a pistol twice. That's for me and my baby. Who were you talking to? Monroe Styne. He said I was supposed to bring you in and call him. Dean asks where can I find him? Sheriff says you can't take them. They're practically gods around here. Well, I kill gods.

Crowley gets to the address and is shot. Sam with a devil's trap bullet. Crowley asks where's Dean? Sam plays the recording. Crowley asks if Dean knows you're doing this? We're friends. Sam says you're the reason he has the Mark of Cain. So this, you've had this coming a long time. Sam puts a hex bag in Crowley's pocket. Your mother says to tell you she should've taken the 3 pigs. Crowley collapses, gasping and coughing.

Styne house. Dean kills a guard. Then 2 more men. He goes in the house, holding 2 pistols. Lights come on and he's surrounded by guns. Daddy Styne greets him. A bag goes over Dean's head.

Crowley calls Sam insane. Do you actually trust her? Of course not. Crowley asks what does she have over you? Sam says just die already. Crowley says this is what I get for trying to be the good guy. I thought if I did better, I might actually feel something again. That it might matter. Sam says it doesn't. I haven't forgotten about the bad you've done! You are a monster just like all the rest of them, and I'm going to watch you die screaming just like all the rest of them. Crowley says you're right. I'm a monster. And I've done horrible, evil, messy things. His eyes glow red. And I've loved every damn minute. He pulls the bullet out. Stands. So thank you, Sam, for reminding me who I really am. He tosses Sam. Takes the hex bag out of his pocket. Might've worked on any other demon, but me? Please. Sam reaches for the knife and Crowley sweeps it away. I could kill you. Easiest thing in the world. from here on, know you're alive because I allowed it. Tell that ginger whore that I gave her a chance to walk away and she spat in my face. Now, she'll never see me coming.

Dean wakes on the table. Monroe Styne introduces himself. Dean is strapped down. Monroe was impressed. But you didn't think that'd work, did you? Dean says usually does. They're going to play Operation. Dean says don't do this. The Mark means I can't die. I'll come back with black eyes and you'll all die. Let me go and I'll be human and maybe you live. Monroe says a man that doesn't die is a perfect lab rat. Dean breaks free and starts killing. Monroe tries to crawl away. Dean gets him in a choke hold. Monroe says it's too late. Your home, your family... Dean breaks his neck. Grabs a gun. Kicks down the door.

Men of Letters HQ is breached!!! 3 Stynes. Take whatever is interesting and burn the rest.

*no no no no no no - Please don't destroy the bunker! Not that!

Sam leaves the building. Calls Rowena. It didn't work. The hex bag, Crowley set it on fire. She says bloody hell. Sam asks how am I supposed to kill him now?

Cas calls Sam. He is at the Styne estate. Dean was here. 3 bodies here and more than a dozen in the main house. he killed everyone brutally. GPS says he's headed home.

MoL HQ. There's a mess of books on the floor. Cyrus reads one. Cousin tells him box it or burn it. Man up, okay? I'm going to check out the dungeon. You finish up. Cyrus picks up a photo of Sam and Dean and Bobby. Cousin brings in Dean's stuff. Records, photo of mom, shirts. Cyrus says Eldon wait. We don't have to. Eldon douses it all with gas. Lights a match. Roscoe stumbles in. Knife in his back. Dean arrives. Been looking for you. Eldon says you're not still sore about....what's her name? Dean says Charlie. Her name is Charlie. Eldon says she got what she deserved. Wanna know how I did her? Dean says shut up. Eldon says this time, I'm sporting new upgrades. Dean says your old man is dead. They're all dead. Save me the speech. Even with all that, you only have one brain. He shoots him in the head. Cyrus pleads for his life. I hate my family. No stitches! I'm not like them, I promise. Dean says there's bad in your blood. You can run from it, but that bad will always win. Cyrus says do what you want, but you don't need to do this, please. Dean says yeah. I do. He shoots him in the head. Cas walks in. What have you done?

Truck. Heading to Lebanon, Kansas.

Dean says I took down a monster. That's what I do. You can leave now, Cas. Cas says no, I can't, because I'm your friend. We're trying to cure you. We can read the book now! Dean says what will it cost? You pay that price in blood. No. I'm good. Cas says you will turn one day and Sam and everyone you know and love could be long dead, Everyone but me. I'll have to watch you murder the world. The Mark is changing you. Dean I know would never have murdered that kid. Dean says that Dean has always been kind of a dick. Cas says I don't want to have to hurt you. Dean attacks him! Tosses him at the books. Cas says Dean, stop. Dean attacks him again. Takes the angel blade. Cas pleads with him. Dean stabs the blade in a book. You and Sam stay the hell away from me. Next time I won't miss!

Next ep - Sam wants to continue. Dean talks with Death. He can remove the Mark for a cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment