Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

#BATB episode 7 recap - "Both Sides Now"

"Both Sides Now"

CAT AND VINCENT STRIKE BACK — When an unstoppable assassin hunts down Cat (Kristin Kreuk) and Vincent (Jay Ryan), they attempt to lure him out of town and away from their loved ones with the ruse that they plan to elope.  Meanwhile, tired of being under police protection, JT (Austin  Basis)  asks  Tess  (Nina  Lisandrello)  to  help  him track  down a  lead  while  a  distracted Heather (Nicole Gale Anderson) attempts to focus at  her new job.  Deborah Chow directed the episode written by Vanessa Rojas (#307).



Image credit: The CW

Ep 7:

The park. Night. Cat waiting. Vincent comes up behind her. We're buying time, on the run for 3 days. Cat lists all the strengths of the assassin. She says we're living in the shadows like you used to. Everyone we care about is in danger. He says we have to put the focus back on who hired the guy. If you still want to get married. She says of course. But she wonders if it's ever really going to happen.

JT with police in his home. Vincent calls him. Protective custody sucks. Any progress? JT ran some genome sequencing and found formaldehyde. Find the lab and we find the guy. JT says there are around 200 labs. Cat says doesn't the hospital have super computers? Yeah. Then they have to run. Left the phone behind. The assassin picks it up.

Hospital. Assassin comes in to the ER.

EMTs sneak Vincent and Catherine to the 5th floor. She finds a candy bar and an apple. Vincent gets on the computer. She gets an idea to leave town. Draw him out and everyone else will be safe. She says if we control the attack, we can surprise the assassin for once. She suggests eloping. Make him think we are. Vincent is skeptical. Assassin breaks in. Cat shoots him repeatedly. Triggers the fire alarm. Vincent and Cat chase the assassin, who jumps out a window and runs away. Cat says we're definitely eloping.

Apartment. Cat reminds Vincent to bring 2 forms of ID for the license. He keeps asking questions. What if we have to actually go through with this? It sounds like you're okay with eloping. He wants to get married the right way. I'm talking about our wedding, the one I thought we would have. Would you be okay if it wasn't? She says maybe. But we have to get our lives back first. He says what are we telling Heather and Tess and JT? She says nothing. It's too risky. She says let's go and get our happily ever after back.

JT in Tess's office. She's stressed. He narrowed down the list of labs. She asks if he's using her security clearance? Yeah. Couldn't do it from my place. She says it would've been nice if you told me you were coming. You're not even listening to me. He gets a text that Cat and Vincent are leaving.

Heather at an interview. Lesane Skincare. The interview isn't going well. Heather keeps getting calls/texts. The woman tells Heather she needs someone less distracted. Heather calls Cat back and rants at voicemail. Assassin comes in! Sees the woman and deviates. Hmmmm. She asks Heather to chat more after all.

Assassin breaks into the apartment. Sees the site Cat left up.

Cat watches through webcam. Assassin calls his boss. Cat and Vincent are wanted alive. Vincent says the guy knows it's a trap. Cat says we stick to the plan. Til death do us part, right? Yeah. They reach Niagara Falls.

*My grandparents had their honeymoon at Niagara Falls. I've been there once. Really impressive.

It's raining. Snowing. They go into Marriage Services. She tells Vincent it doesn't have to count, not if we don't file the marriage certificate. She says we make him think he succeeded by catching us. Every time he's attacked, you haven't been able to Beast out. Vincent says you're banking a lot on them not knowing. They reach the counter. Did you bring a witness? No. $35 extra. Bring these forms back when you're done. Next!

Tess on the phone with the Chief. Officer Suarez says Heather sent her detail away. Tess says get her on the phone now.

Heather's phone rings. She shuts it off. She tells her boss she sent the security guards away. Heather is brought to a lab and grabbed. Tell me who your sister is working for? Who are they? Why are they after me? I don't want to hurt you, but sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.

Vincent and Cat haven't discussed changing her maiden name, yet. Line up over there and wait until your name is called. Cat asks Vincent why he's acting so weird. JT calls him. Tell me you're not eloping. No. Not really. How do you know? JT saw all the breadcrumbs. Vincent says everything's fine. We wanted to keep you guys safe. JT says don't go through with this. This can't be how you get married. But I think I found the lab that made the serum. He wants to check it out. Vincent says wait until we get back. JT says I can't. Signal cuts out.

JT tries to run and gets tackled and cuffed.

Hunter reaches Niagara.

Vincent suggests letting a couple go ahead. Cat says no. They're up. Ready? Sure. The officiant reads the ceremony. Vincent says I can't do it. This isn't right. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. He walks off. She chases after him.

*Poor Vincent kept seeing that full wedding out the window and feeling major envy. After all, he once would've thought he'd never have any kind of love, let alone a wedding. Dead men don't get romantic ceremonies.

Cat and Vincent. She says you may have ruined our best chance to find out who's behind this. He says this is supposed to be one of the most important things in our lives. Cat doesn't understand why he's like this. He says my parents spoke about their wedding like something magical. I want that for us, too. I can't believe you don't. Vincent looks away for a second and Cat is grabbed.

Vincent reaches them outside. Come with me or your bride dies. Vincent agrees.

Tess has JT in a holding room. He says I found the lab. She agrees she wouldn't let him go alone. She says I'm risking my job to protect you! He says we're so close to getting rid of this problem once and for all. I know what I'm doing. She says my job is important, too. Doesn't it matter at all? He says yes, but I have to do this for Cat and Vincent.

Cat and Vincent brought to the lab. To Juliana. She wants to know why they're after her. Cat says we let you capture us to learn who you are. Vincent Beasts out and is tranquilized. Cat asks how did you know? Juliana shows them Heather. She has a bloody lip. Cat, I'm sorry!

Vincent restrained. Cat says let my sister go. Juliana wants to know who Cat really works for. How did you take down Bob and Carol and all my test subjects? Cat says Vincent's ability answers that. Who sent you? Cat says she doesn't know. Vincent is beaten. Juliana says that's enough. Tell me where he's hiding or we're going to find out how much your fiance can suffer?

JT finds Heather. Juliana tricked me. She forced me to talk. They threatened to kill me. I told them Vincent is a Beast. JT hides when Juliana is coming. She gets some vials and leaves again. Heather asks what do we do? JT says we need something to wake Vincent.

Juliana threatens them. Cat says DHS hired us. They knew about you long before we did.

JT mixes a chemical cocktail.

Cat tells Vincent she doesn't know what to do. Fight! I can't lose you. He says I love you.

JT aims a gun.

Juliana is about to inject Vincent. JT shoots him and Vincent Beasts out. Cat fights with Juliana. Vincent fights with the enhanced. And kills him. Cat beats on Juliana. Heather yells at her to stop. Everyone's a bit shocked. And Juliana's face is a bloody mess. Cat's hands are going to be a wreck. Bare-knuckle boxing isn't what human hands are meant to endure.

*Dude, that Subaru dog bucket list commercial is so sad!

Hospital, the criminal ward. Vincent treating Juliana. He says it's not your fault. Cat says there's supposed to be a difference between her and us. Hard to believe there's someone out there worse than her. Tess comes in. She'd rather not admit Juliana as a Jane Doe. Vincent says JT helped us out. Tess says JT comes through for Vincent no matter what.

Tess comes to JT's. He says no need to apologize. She's packing her stuff. JT says talk to me. She says you saved the day, but you didn't give a rat's ass about what I was going through. He says he's sorry. She says don't. He says I was preoccupied, but it was worth it, right? She says you did a good thing, but I don't know. You're not loyal to me, not emotionally. Maybe it's selfish, but I need someone that puts my needs first and that's not you. Oh no! She leaves. Ouch.

Apartment. Cat says I can't believe I almost lost you. Juliana was going to kill you and there was nothing I could do but watch. He says but it didn't happen. She says my parent didn't romanticize their wedding like yours did. I want a real wedding. Especially after everything we've been through. i don't want to lose you without celebrating what we have. I want to marry you and treasure those memories forever. Love and kisses.

Next week - Cat in a wedding dress. Shots fired at the 125th.

No comments:

Post a Comment