Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

#Arrow episode 4.5 recap - "Haunted" #Constantine #Hellblazers

"Haunted"

MATT RYAN REPRISES HIS ROLE AS JOHN CONSTANTINE ON ARROW — When things take a turn for the worse with Sara (guest star Caity Lotz), Oliver (Stephen Amell) calls in a favor from an old friend who deals in the mystical, John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan). John Badham directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama (#404G). Original airdate 11/4/2015.





 

Images: The CW

Ep 5:

Alley. Sara attacks 2 guys that went after an fast food girl. But then starts choking her, too. Police car comes up.

Thea thanks Alex for becoming the political strategist. Oliver is not excited. Alex says your past will come up in your first interview. Laurel Lance is part of your past. You should distance yourself from her.

Island. Boss shows Oliver the backpack. Oliver plays dumb. Conchlin takes him to the big boss. Who's been beating on Constantine!

The young woman is interviewed. Laurel asks her dad what happened. A blonde woman has been killing guys. Is Sara still at your place? Laurel says no. Sara is not a thing. He says people are dying. If I'd pulled that trigger, maybe they wouldn't be. She says she'll find Sara before he or Oliver does.

Curtis is an Olympic bronze medal decathlete. Whoa. She says there's something wrong with the recording. Curtis plays it. There's something overlapping the recording. She thanks him.

Lance visits Damian. Damian wants a favor. There's a federal server farm 30 miles outside the city. Plug this baby in for me.

Thea and Oliver sparring with kali sticks. Oliver says the strategist was a good call. My friendship with Laurel is complicated. Thea says we've all been friends forever. Pretending you don't know who your friends are doesn't feel united. Felicity calls in with the PA and tells them about the blonde woman attacking people again.

Sara's in a club. She tries to grab another woman that looks similar to Thea. Laurel tackles her. Sara gets loose. Oliver sees her. Thea, too. Sara runs away. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn.

Arrow cave. Oliver asks Laurel how is Sara alive? Did you 2 go to Nanda Parbat? Laurel says Sara's not herself. She's changed. He asks why didn't you come to me? She says for your judgment? He says you played with forces you don't understand.

Island. Constantine has a map. Introduces himself. He chants. Gets free. Points a gun on Oliver. On the floor. Takes Oliver as hostage. Oliver says he knows the place on the map. Good. Now drive.

Lance comes to the Cave. We need to talk. Oliver asks if he's okay? No. Lance shows him the device.

Felicity says it's heavily encrypted. Oliver sends Lance to Diggle. Lance explains how Damian offered to fix the city. And then he's doing good stuff. And then people start dying. He threatened me with pictures of Laurel in all aspects of her life. Diggle agrees to work with him, to take down HIVE.

Felicity says Sara has only killed bad guys. She tells Oliver she received a message from Ray from the moment before he died. Isn't it nice to not deal with the pain of saying goodbye? Oliver says he misses his parents, Tommy....but what's happening with Sara isn't healing anyone's pain. She almost killed those 2 girls. Why? Felicity brings up the photos of the girls and they figure out they look like Thea.

Thea doesn't pick up her phone. Sara finds Thea and attacks her. They struggle in Laurel's apartment. Sara keeps trying to strangle her. Thea gets away and staggers into the hall and the stairwell. She falls. Scrambles to her feet and keeps running. Hides. Sara runs out, frustrated that she lost her.

**20 minutes in.

Thea's in the hospital. Thea says Sara tried to kill me. This is the Pit. She's going through the same thing I am. When I went to Nanda Parbat, I killed 2 guys. Malcolm served them up to me. Laurel arrives. Oliver says Laurel, come with me. She asks if Thea is okay. He says no. She has Merlyn influencing her to kill people! Laurel says why didn't you tell me you took Thea to Nanda Parbat? It's the hypocrisy I can't stand. Why didn't you tell me about Thea 7 months ago? Because you don't see me as an equal. You never have! My sister is out of her mind right now because of my decision. Did you ever stop and think about what I'm going through? I'm sorry about Thea. I love your family. I always have. I just wish sometimes you'd give a damn about mine.

Island. Constantine and Oliver stop the jeep. Constantine says there are bad things on this island that people shouldn't have access to. He plucks some plants. Then chants. And reveals a hatch in the ground. Constantine tells him to go down the hole.

Diggle and Lance in the FBI building. Lance plugs in. The virus is erasing files on people. But who?

Laurel sits with Thea. I owe you an apology. Thea says no, you don't. Laurel says yes I do. Thea says I killed Sara in the first place. That's why she's after me. It's the same pain I feel when I think about Ra's. The one who killed me is already dead. If Sara kills me, she might be okay. Laurel says that's no cure at all.

Diggle sees his brother's name. Alarm goes off. Lance says we don't have time! He knocks out Diggle when he won't leave. Then tells the guards he's police and tracked the hacker here. Diggle gets up and they leave.

Sara finds Thea again.

Oliver and Laurel in the hall.

Thea tells Sara I know why you're here. I want you to know that it's okay. I want you to do it. Sara speaks Arabic again, and attacks Thea. Oliver rushes in. Sara jumps out the window.

Arrow Cave. Thea's brought in. Oliver says Sara's not in herself. Laurel says the Pit didn't restore her soul. Oliver says Sara knew exactly where to find Thea. Thea says maybe we have a connection. Oliver doesn't want to use her as bait. She says good thing you're not in charge, then.

Island. Constantine tells Oliver about nexuses. He restrains Oliver. Then goes in to get the artifact. He pulls the dagger out of the stone. Oliver saves him from a booby trap.

Lance tells Damian that mission is accomplished. Lance asks about the names. Sgt. Andrew Diggle. Why are you erasing the record of a dead man? Damian says we hired an assassin to murder Sgt. Diggle. Afghanistan was a perfect place for opportunities, but our organization was moving into that area. As you know... We don't play well with others. What, is this guy your best buddy? I don't see you associating with crime lords, present company excepted. Now go.

Thea is bait in the factory. Sara bursts in. The others get Thea out while Oliver and Laurel fight with Sara. Laurel is going to shoot Sara. Oliver tranqs Sara. Laurel says Sara has no soul. He says we'll get it back.

He calls John Constantine. Remember that favor you owe me? How quickly can you get to Star City? I need your help.

Constantine is going to restore Sara's soul. He did it once, around a year ago. Hands over a list to Felicity. Oliver pulls him aside. Then Oliver carries Sara to the sidgil. Lance arrives. Diggle asks what if something goes wrong? Constantine says we'll be too dead to care. Felicity got him the list of ingredients. Constantine says there's only juice for himself and 2 others. Oliver asks Laurel if she trusts him. Trust me that this will work. Constantine says we have to fight whatever's holding Sara's soul. He chants. Sara gasps. The building shakes. Sara's in pain. Laurel screams.

Appear in Nanda Parbat. They hear a cry for help and Laurel runs to it. And they're right where they started. Constantine says we need a tour guide. He chants over his lighter. It spins and floats, then points. This way. Oliver takes out two assassins. Laurel grabs Sara's hand at The Pit. Constantine says it'll take 2 of you. Oliver goes to them. John grabs a sword to fight the other guy. Chants at it. Then stabs it. Laurel and Oliver pull Sara up.

Arrow Cave. They're back. Sara's still. Then sits up. Laurel hugs her and Lance joins them. Constantine smiles at the reunion.

Oliver thanks John. And offers his help. Constantine says the hair on the back of his neck has been standing up in town. Watch yourself around Damian Darhk. Leave town while you still can.

Thea thought Constantine was yummy. Oliver is disgusted, lol. He apologizes to her for making her feel like she had to keep her struggles from him.

Island. Constantine had retrieved an ancient spellbook. Remember what I told you about this Island, mate. These people aren't here for narcotics. But you can come with me. Oliver says he can't leave, yet. And can't come back empty handed. Constantine breaks the jewel off the staff. Then he chants. Lift up your shirt, mate. He puts a tattoo on Oliver. When the time comes, you'll know how to use it. Oliver says I need you to punch me in the face. Constantine wails on him with a right hook.

Oliver ready for his interview. Alex isn't happy Laurel's there, but says it's your campaign. You pay me whether you win or lose. Laurel says Sara is resting. Ollie, I don't know how to thank you. He says just like that. She says thank you for inviting me tonight. Oliver says you were right, I haven't always been the greatest friend to you. But I'm ready to start fresh. They hug.

Lance comes to Diggle. I owed you something. I asked Darhk about your brother. A file. You don't have to read this. You can remember your brother how you knew him. Diggle takes it and opens it. Are you sure about this? Lance says it's legit. I'm very sorry. Diggle thanks him. Lance says a gut punch doesn't deserve a thank you. Diggle says I wanted to know why, and now I do.

Curtis has drunk a LOT of energy drinks. Felicity and Curtis listen to the recording again. Ray says I'm alive and I'm in trouble.

Next week - Ray Palmer search. He's being held captive by Damian.

No comments:

Post a Comment