Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

#Arrow episode 4.6 recap - "Lost Souls"

"Lost Souls"

RAY PALMER RETURNS FROM THE DEAD - Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is frantic when she learns that Ray (guest star Brandon Routh) is alive and being held by Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough). Felicity's guilt over not finding Ray sooner causes tension between her and Oliver (Stephen Amell). Meanwhile, Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) joins Laurel (Katie Cassidy), Thea (Willa Holland), and the team on a rescue mission for Ray. However, the effects of the Lazarus Pit take over and threaten to jeopardize the entire operation. Donna Smoak (guest star Charlotte Ross) returns to Star City. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#406). Original airdate 11/11/2015.

image credit: The CW

Ep 6:

6 months ago. Palmer Tech. Minitiarization test #1. Boom.

Present day. The Queens with Alex. Felicity was supposed to be there, but she's slammed at Palmer Tech. Oliver leaves. Alex suggests checking out Gerard's for a potential intro party. Thea says a date wouldn't be professional. He apologizes. She said it was nice.

Felicity obsessing over Ray's message. Curtis comes in. Do you have that playing on a loop? Curtis says you're no good to Mr. Palmer in your current state. Oliver arrives. Curtis says Green Arrow's not you....jaw's not right. LOL. Oliver says it's Wednesday. What's going on? She plays the message. Ray's not dead. He sent this message 6 days ago! I have to help him.

Island. Oliver shows them to the cave. Boss highlights a message with the jewel. Lead an excavation to the cove. Find my gift. They leave Oliver. Boss says take Mr. Queen to the cove.

Sara on the phone. With her mom. Quentin sets mugs down. Laurel holds Sara's hand. Sara says Mom told a story about getting lost once and promising I'd always come back.

Oliver brings Felicity home. You need a shower and a nap. He offers to help. She's grumpy. He says go shower and take a nap. She gets an alert. Program stopped compiling. She goes to the computer. There's video! Ray talks to them. They want my suit, or the tech. The suit worked too well. He's in a little box on a table.

Felicity play the vid for Laurel. Ray had schematics for device at Palmer tech. Oliver wants to go with her. She says no.

Island. Oliver and people at the cove. Take 15 minutes and eat. He leaves to take his lunch in peace. Soldier offers Vlad a better option.

Curtis and Felicity. He says we don't have a quantum manifold. It's made by our biggest competitor. Donna arrives! What are you doing here? Your assistant told me you'd be here. Oliver told me you've been working nonstop. Who are you? Curtis introduces himself. Donna asks what do you want to do first? Felicity gets her mother out. Tells Curtis to start building the device.

She yells at Oliver. He says She said she missed you and texted me an emoji. You text with my mother?! Diggle and team have heard the whole thing. LOL. Sara, too. Felicity says the building is very secure. She calls Oliver Chatty Cathy. He repels in. Dangles at the panel. 4587. Team inside. Felicity says the cameras are coming back online. Thea wonders if Sara should be here. Laurel says she'll be fine. They look for the manifold. Thea picks up a part and an alarm goes off. Guards rush in. Sara beats on a guard. Laurel and Thea get her to stop, but the guy is unconscious.

Ray contacts Felicity again. He knows the manifold presents a challenge. She says nothing a late night shopping trip to Cord Industries couldn't cure. Good. Damian bends down, peering at Ray. Felicity says Oh no.

Felicity grills Diggle and Oliver. Sara had a moment. They took her home. They discuss Darhk. Wait and see what Lance finds out there. Oliver says spend time with your mother. I'll cool. She says you already made plans, didn't you? Well......yes. It's just dinner! Diggle agrees. Felicity says this isn't the time for Cordon Bleu. Oliver says we can't do anything until we have what we need. So, dinner.

Island. Oliver visits the woman he saved. With food. He asks her about mystical or magical things. She says the boss has always been religious. Oliver thinks the drugs are a front. I can't stay long. You need to stay here. I'll come back as much as I can.

Damian talks to Ray. Appeal for your cooperation. Who is this Felicity? Ray says don't you touch her. Damian says don't make empty threats It's small.

Dinner. Oliver arrives. Donna tried to follow the recipe and the oven caught fire. The chicken is raw. Oliver says Lance will find out where the...pain is coming from. Donna offers to get takeout. Whispers to Felicity that the best part of arguing is make-up sex. LOL. Oliver says you're shutting me out. Felicity says I can't help Ray with all these distractions. Ray was sending distress calls for weeks. I was with you. Swept up in you. It was my choice to uproot my life, but I lost myself in you and I was never that girl. Oliver says this isn't about Ray. It's about us. She says no. Yes. I don't know. Oliver will give her some space until she figures it out.

**Glad they're showing this relationship isn't perfect. I never thought it was organic to happen as it has. They've made Oliver and Felicity a couple because a loud portion of fans demanded it. If it had seemed natural, I'd be all on board, but it never has. He goes in love with Sara, wanting to move in with Sara, to practically overnight deciding to date and love Felicity instead? That's rebound at best, and both characters deserve better.

Oliver at the computers. Diggle joins him. Dinner went that well, did it? Oliver misses the trunk of Russian vodka. Diggle brings out Tennessee whiskey. Oliver says Donna isn't the problem. I am. She says she's lost herself in our relationship. If we hadn't left, she would've been here to help Ray. Oliver wonders why she chose me. Diggle says Felicity didn't choose Ray. She chose you. Oliver wonders what happens if we don't get Ray back. Diggle says she'll get him back. I married a woman like that. Twice. Lance texts that he's meeting with Darhk in 20. You good? Oliver says better. Thank you.

Island. Vlad attacks Oliver and tries to drown him.

Lance and Darhk. Damian says I've figured out how to make this city useful. Lance says my daughter is a little off. thought i could help you a bit more and you could help with this magic mumbo jumbo. Damian says perhaps. This is the last time you summon me. Damian follows the car.

Donna brought her hot milk. Do you remember when I told you that you couldn't go to space camp and you locked yourself in your room for 2 days? Truth was, I couldn't afford it. Your father never paid a dime of child support. You, are not me. You are a CEO, and Oliver is not like your father. He loves you. Felicity says he's wonderful. It's too easy to lose myself in him. Donna says that's how it's supposed to feel when you love someone. He's lost himself in you, too. If you wreck this, you'll never find another guy that hot again who cooks. LOL. Text message.

Team in the Arrow Cave. Can't get into Darhk's building. It's too secure. The device? Curtis can assemble it in an hour. We don't have that much time. Do we want to bring your assistant in on this? Sara offers to help. Laurel says that's not a good idea. Sara needs to know she can control this. Laurel says suit up.

Green Arrow on the roof. He gets knocked out by a ghost.

Green Arrow chained up. Damian admires his arrows. Tells the ghost to leave.
Ghost is Diggle. Package is delivered.
Felicity and Curtis ready. Diggle takes out the security. She and Curtis base jump through a window. Diggle says let's go.
Canaries in the lobby. Ghosts shooting at them and Speedy.

Damian wants to peek. Oliver kicks him and breaks free. Damian wraps chains around his throat with magic.

Canaries and Speedy fighting with ghosts.

Felicity and Curtis reach Ray. How do we get him out of the box?

Damian says it's a shame you won't live to see the new life I breathe into the city, the world. Oliver throws flash powder and gets away. Damian is surprised Green Arrow get out of the chains.

Curtis brings Ray back to life size. Ray says I'm not dead. LOL.

Diggle signals the girls to go. Sara kills a ghost. Laurel drags her away.

Green Arrow says We have to move. Good to see you, Ray. Ray says Nice suit. Heh.

Ray says the worst part was everything else was so big. Cockroaches were the size of golden retrievers. Felicity says no, no more. She says there don't seem to be side effects to the micro sizing. Oliver says Damian leads HIVE. Ray says like Spectre? Cool. Or not. She'll take him home.

Island. Oliver gets free. Kills Vlad. Soldier says you better have a story to go with that body.

Sara says I couldn't stop myself. And I felt better. Thea says it will take time. Sara says how many bodies? I need to handle this in a different way. Laurel, I owe you everything. You gave me a second chance. I think it's time I really start over. They say you don't have to leave. Thea says you can have a normal life. Sara says I'll visit Mom. Then somewhere, a few somewheres. Laurel says you have to do what makes you happy. I'm really going to miss you. Sara says I love you, sis, always and forever.

Felicity gets home. It went fine, until I told Ray I sold his condo. She wants to clear the air. I want to thank you for helping, and being so understanding. Oliver says I'm sorry I'm not the best listener. All this is new to me. She says me, too. He says it's kind of amazing we've made it this far. She says we'll be fine. We found ourselves in each other. They kiss.

Lance at a bar. Donna says feeling lonely? She came to visit her daughter, but she kicked me out to finish a fight with the man I hope will be my son in law. He says my daughter is leaving town 5 minutes after she got back. Lance. Donna.

Thea asks Alex to have a drink with her later. He says yes.

Damian with a scientist. They got residue and fashioned it into a power source. Damian says test it out on this.

Next week - Diggle looking into Andy. Who is ALIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment