Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

#TVD episode 7.7 recap - "Mommy Dearest" #Thanksgiving

"Mommy Dearest"

SECRETS FROM THE PAST — In order to get through to Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) about Julian’s (guest star Todd Lasance) manipulating ways, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) confront their mother with painful memories from their childhood. However, when Lily reveals a dark secret she’s been harboring for over 160 years, Stefan and Damon are left questioning everything they’ve ever known about their family. Determined to prove himself to Lily, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) comes face-to-face with Julian and challenges him to a duel, but an unexpected twist threatens to complicate things. Elsewhere, Matt (Zach Roerig) finds himself in the middle of a deepening mystery involving the residents of Mystic Falls, and Caroline’s (Candice King) world is turned upside down when Valerie (guest star Elizabeth Blackmore) reveals some life-changing news to her. Kat Graham and Matt Davis also stars. Tony Solomons directed the episode written by Chad Fiveash & James Stoteraux (#707). Original airdate 11/19/2015.

Ep 7:

3 years from now. Damon and Ric in the car. Ric says it's a trap. Damon knows. They reach the TV station. Damon says pump Stefan full of vervain when he shows up. Damon goes inside. Caroline's pleading. It's pre-recorded. He gets shot with vervain darts.

Today. Caroline has a pregnancy test. Ric says we'll find out in 3 minutes. She says this is crazy. How would it be possible? I'm dead. He says your heart beats, you breathe, it's not out of the realm of possibility. She says why would the Coven want me to? He says the Geminis didn't have a choice. They put them in a body that wouldn't die.

Stefan made cornbread. Pre-Thanksgiving. Damon reminds him about Julian. Stefan says Julian knows I want him dead. We'll only have one more shot on this. Doorbell. Mom has cranberries. Damon's face, LOL.

3 minutes up. Look at the test. Negative. Ric doesn't understand. Caroline says Valerie was wrong. I trust that more than I trust her. I'm sorry. I know how much you wanted this. Matt calls. Bonnie and I found 2 dozen people compelled to be at the high school last night. She says Bonnie is with Enzo. He says the people can't leave. Now he finds more in the Grill!!

Stefan tells Lily that he wants them to start over. I want to convince you why you need to help us get rid of Julian. Hear me out for a second. He says I got Valerie pregnant in 1863. Julian beat her until the baby was no longer alive. Your grandchild was murdered by Julian. The truth is too important. You need to know what kind of man he is. Lily says Valerie lied to me about you for over a century. Killed Oscar and tried to kill Julian. Do yourself a favor and don't lose any more sleep over the words out of that girl's mouth. Stefan says joke's on me, then, right? He pours drinks. Here's to moving on, then. They toast. She collapses. Concentrated vervain. Damon likes his style. Best. Thanksgiving. Ever.

Bonnie and Julian at the county impound. Looking for Oscar's car. She says you just want Lily. Stop treating her like a prize to be won. Try flowers, dinner, listening. She finds the car. Enzo opens the trunk. Finds a blade. Bonnie recognizes it. Will do research. Lily won't fall hopelessly in love with someone that murders her sweetheart. He says she might if it looks like self-defense.

Lily wakes up tied up with vervain ropes. It's a pattern, Lily. You can't see it with Julian like you couldn't see it with Giuseppe. Remember Thanksgiving 1851? Damon says the year Father made me kill my pet turkey.

Flashback. Dinner. Not the same Giuseppe actor. He toasts. Damon can't eat. Stefan asks why? Damon doesn't want to eat his pet turkey. Father tells him to eat or spend the night in the root cellar. Damon appeals to Lily. She says you heard your father, Damon.

RIP, Sammy. She says I kept you from wasting a perfectly good meal. I don't see the point of this. They tell her you have a pattern of ignoring abuse. Stefan says you're going to listen to every word, and then by the end of the day, you will help us kill your boyfriend.

Matt and Caroline. The people are being fed, but not fed on yet. Someone's fattening the cattle for slaughter. Caroline throws up. She blows it off. Matt's skeptical. She says stop looking at me like you've never seen a vampire throw up before. He doesn't know how to break the compulsion short of turning them into vampires.. She says maybe someone can siphon it.

Enzo comes to the house. Looking for my guitar. Julian says perhaps Lily threw it out. Enzo says I doubt that. She sometimes begs me to play. Julian says I hope you're not suggesting something untoward. We should settle this like gentlemen. But I promised Lily no bloodshed in the house. Enzo says what about outside?

Valerie says siphoning the compulsion out of all these people will take a long time. Julian will just replace them. Says a pregnant vampire shouldn't be wandering around this town. Caroline says I'm NOT pregnant. Alaric is probably still staring at that test waiting for the other blue line to show up. Valerie says if my magic isn't satisfactory for you, then I'll leave. Caroline apologizes and asks nicely.

Julian says bravery is knowing you will lose and doing it anyway. Enzo starts the duel. Julian grins.

Lily says these are quite painful. Damon pushes. Try being 12 and helpless.

Flashback. Damon finishes dinner and asks to be excused. Giuseppe asks Lily to get a bourbon. He says I discovered a lot of money missing in the bureau. Asks the boy if they know where it went? Stefan hands him a lighter. Which one of you did it? Confess like a man. Who took the money? Damon says it was not us. Father says do you want to put your mother through the heartache of finding out she's a failure at raising you? Damon finally admits he took it. Father says have you learned your lesson? Then he grabs Damon's hand and burns it with the cigar.

Damon didn't take the money. He confessed so Stefan wouldn't be hurt. Lily knows what kind of man Giuseppe was. I was married to him for 20 years! Knew what he did to Damon. She heard the scream. Saw Damon run past her clutching his arm. Damon says and you did nothing? You did nothing? She says No, I-- A cut appears on her neck. Someone's trying to kill Julian. We did a spell. We bound Julian's life to mine. If he dies, so do I.

Enzo brings out the other blade. Julian runs away.

Caroline compels a man to leave Mystic Falls and forget what he saw here. She looks at her stomach in the mirror. Matt asks sure you don't want to talk? Caroline says it's impossible. Literally defies the physics of the universe.

Valerie and the Heretic man. Matt shoots at him. Valerie stakes him, then gets Caroline out.

Enzo looking for Julian. Sees blood on a rock. Julian attacks from behind. Throws Enzo into a tree.

Lily looks at the cut in a mirror. Stefan gives her a cloth to clean up. She thanks him. She says I took the money. I had no means of my own. Your father controlled everything. He says you didn't confess, then stayed another 5 years? She says I was going to run away with you boys, but your father was always one step ahead.

Flashback. Lily looks in a book and it's not there. Not in the bookcase. Giuseppe shows her 3 train tickets. She says you ruined my fun. I was going to surprise you. He hits her. You dare take my sons from me? Attempt this again and I will take the boys far from here. You will never see them again. understand me?

She says he was a monster. I stayed to protect you. Everything I did back then was for you.

Enzo gets backed into the crypt and disarmed. Damon knocks out Julian. Helps Enzo up. Next time you try to kill an ancient vampire, pick a weapon that isn't from the Junior section. Enzo Says that sword was forged for this very thing. Incoming. Damon stabs Julian. Twists it.

Lily has blood coming out of her mouth. Staggers in pain.

Bonnie finds Alaric drinking. She came to get a book. I'll do my research here if that's okay? He says my office is your office. Want to talk about it? Nope. She tells him about the sword. Found it. Shows him the book. Does that look like the Phoenix Stone to you? Yep. The Stone gives the sword its power. Without it, it's only a blade.

Enzo and Damon. Linked himself to your mum? Damon says yeah. Enzo says tell me you did not just kill Lily. Julian gets up and attacks them.

Valerie and Caroline. Why do you know so much about this? Valerie says like you care. Caroline says I'm willing to believe you. Be 100% honest, please. How do you know so much about this spell? Valerie says because I used it. I was pregnant before I turned. Julian made sure it didn't survive. I tried everything to save that life. Caroline says the baby was Stefan's? Valerie says you have a chance to see that your friend Alaric's story has a better end. Caroline says the test was negative. Valerie says test again.

Lily reaches Julian. Julian says Damon stabbed me. He was under impression it would kill me. Stefan asks what is he talking about? Damon says it doesn't matter. Didn't work, anyway. Lily asks Julian to take her home. Stefan glares at Damon. Damon says "What?" LOL.

Matt in the car. Bonnie calls. I needed your help. Tyler and Jeremy took my call, they think they know how to help, and I'm looking into it. He hangs up. Enzo sits with Bonnie at the bar. She says you're giving up? He says when 9 Russians tell you you're drunk, you lay down. She says you're better off without Lily.

Damon says I'm not going to change, Lily won't change, and you won't change! You'll never stop looking for a speck of redemption. Our mother went out of her way to forget us forever! She tossed us aside without a concern for what would happen to us. As far as I'm concerned, she deserves what she gets. She deserves what she gets.

Julian wants a warm bath. Lily ask what were you doing in the woods with Lorenzo? He says I never resist a sword fight. I'm not one to lose. She says this isn't red wine on my shirt. He says it was silly. She says Valerie was once pregnant with Stefan's child. According to my sons, you beat her until she lost the child. He says I would never have done something so revolting. You must've been so upset today, and here I am, rambling on like it's nothing. Will you forgive me? She says of course.

Flashback. Lily sitting at a mirror. Giuseppe says I was drunk and not myself. The thought of losing you and my sons brought out a rage in me. Will you forgive me? She says of course.

Of course. Julian says come here. Look at me. I love you, darling. He caresses her cheek. I would never hurt you. He hugs her. She's not convinced.

Caroline with a doctor. Ultrasound. Doctor doesn't see babies. No heartbeats. Caroline has a scar on her stomach. Sorry. I'll leave you alone. Caroline says I'm so sorry. Ric says I'm sorry. Sorry I put you through this. Caroline says for a second, I thought it was true. Valerie comes in. Puts her hand over Caroline's belly. Caroline grabs the wand. Valerie says they cloaked the babies. They see and hear them now.

Lily visits Damon. May I come in? Stefan asks what's going on? She says you were right. You were right about Julian. I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner. I won't let him hurt us anymore. I have a plan and this time we won't get caught. Yeah!

Next ep - Dec 3. Heretic murder party.

No comments:

Post a Comment