Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

#Supernatural 11.9 - "O Brother Where Art Thou?" #midseasonfinale #Lucifer

“O Brother Where Art Thou?”

AMARA UNLEASHES HER POWER UPON THE WORLD — Amara (guest star Emily Swallow) unleashes her power on the local townspeople as she issues a shocking challenge. Dean (Jensen Ackles) tries to better understand the hold Amara has on him, while Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Crowley (Mark Sheppard) come up with a plan that could have disastrous consequences. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1109). Original airdate 12/9/2015.



image credit: the CW

Ep 9:

A fountain. A man preaches to some gathered people. Amara is all grown up. You think God is watching? He says only the chosen will be raised to Heaven. She says He's not interested. Doesn't even seem to be around. I've searched. She turns the water to blood. Then a storm starts. He asks if she's God. She says He's not the only game in town. She zaps all the people with lightning. Burnt up corpses. Well?

Sam wakes in the cage. With Lucifer. Lucifer touches Sam's face. Vision. Sam sees a burning bush.

Dean says this is crazy. It's not going to happen. Sam says what else do we have? The visions only happen when I reach out to God! Listen, Lucifer touches me and I feel calm, like things will be alright. That's the last thing I'd think of. Dean asks why would God ask this of you. What proof do we have? Sam says there was a burning bush. Dean says sometimes bushes burn in the forest. Maybe there's something to it and maybe not. Sam says Lucifer was there when God ended the Darkness.

Sam talks to Crowley, with Dean. Is it possible to get to the Cage? Dean says the Darkness will pound on everything. Crowley says you couldn't control your girlfriend. Why did she insist on sparing you? What is she to you? Dean says God's sister. Crowley is surprised. Dean asks can Sam meet with Lucifer or not? Sam says in the cage. We can't let him out. Crowley says there may be a way.

The cage. Lucifer grins. Oh boy.

Crowley says if Sam enters the cage, he's gone. Need a secure site. A way to neutralize Lucifer's powers in Hell. Dean says if Sam isn't safe, it's not happening. Crowley says theoretically. The Cage was sealed by God Himself. The spells were recorded in the Book of the Damned.

A church. Bells toll. Priest greets people. Amara asks if he's in charge. I'm looking for God. An actual meeting in a room. Priest says this is the right place. The way to reach Him is through prayer. She kneels and prays, but says it's not working. Priest says He heard you. She says you've seen Him? He says no, no one alive. That's faith. She says you only believe what He wants you to believe. You don't know what He's like. The Priest says we do. God is the Light and it is the Light that vanquishes the Darkness.

Rowena in chains brought to Crowley. So, Fergus, think you've won? She threatens him. he says stow it, you lying bitch. If I wanted to kill you, I'd have done it. Dean and Sam enter. She says that's beneath even you. Dean says we have bigger fish to fry. She brings up the Darkness. I've heard whispers. Dean says we can cork it back up. She doesn't trust them. Crowley says none of us do. It's a devil's bargain.

Angel grunts want to stick together. The Darkness will come after Heaven. They says it's on God to make this right. You tell Him that next time you see Him. Ooops, He's not around. You don't think she wants to get even? Our leaders only pit factions against each other. This is in our laps. Spread the word. We stand united and move now!

Rowena wants to know what's in it for her. Crowley will make a deal. Pitch in and I'll call off my assassins. She needs the Codex and the code breaker. Dean says we need to open the Cage and how to protect Sam. She asks what's in it? Sam says Lucifer. She says let's get to it, then.

Church. Statues broken. People dead. Amara sucks the priest's soul. Then kills him, too. She talks up to God. Do you see what's happening? All your chosen are suffering! SHOW YOURSELF!

Dean at the church. Sam is with Rowena. Dean says the cops said the victims were talking to a mystery woman. Amara's upping her game. Dean asks if he's okay? Sam says no, but what choice do we have. Dean says wait for me. Don't do anything without me.

Rowena says you trust like a chicken. Sam says you think I'm going to set you free? Do I look crazy? Get back to work. We're running out of time. She says aha! I need some ingredients. Tell Fergus to bring a handcart. We're going to Hell.

Dean stops hearing sound. He walks to a park. Looks around. Hotdog man asks if he wants one. Sam calls Dean. Dean lets it ring. Turns around and sees Amara.

Rowena says Fergus is coming. Sam says I promised Dean I'd call. She says it's now or never.

Amara says you felt my presence. That's why you came here. She smiles at him. Then Dean is in the wilderness. He says you grew up. She says yes. This is her today.

Hell. Crowley and Rowena and Sam. She says it's not as scenic as I expected. Crowley says this is the furthest reaches of Hell.

A cage. Rowena paints symbols on it. Sam says the place suits you. Dark. Empty. The point of this is to save everyone's bacon. Hope she knows what she's doing. Rowena says we're about to find out, aren't we? She chants. Fire surrounds the empty cage. She chants to the Cage. Crowley says it begins.

Amara says you misunderstand my purpose. I had to get His attention. I tried praying. Calling out in need. He ignored me. He forced my hand. I had no other reason to harm His chosen. My issue is with my brother, not His creation. Dean says that's your mess. Between you two. You're taking lives. Souls. She says the souls are part of me. They live forever.

Fire rises. Lucifer in the cage. Glowing eyes. He comes forward. My old friend Crowley. You're too kind, to yourself. What do you want of me? Sam comes in view. Lucifer says my old roomie. How can I help?

Lucifer's in the dark about this meeting. Am I up for parole? Time off for bad behavior? I don't get visitors. Sam says if not the crisis topside, you wouldn't have one now. Rowena has a crush. Sam asks him about the Darkness. She's been released. She's on Earth. Lucifer asks how? Sam says she poses a threat to all that exists, including you. Lucifer asks where's the Big Burrito himself? Where's God? Sam says there are no current indications of His presence. Lucifer says figures. Sam says He's reached out to an interested party. Me. He answered my prayers. Lucifer asks what was Dad's suggestion? Sam says to seek out you. Lucifer says whodathunk it?

Amara doesn't blame Dean for the mistrust. He was so threatened by me. So He exiled me. Passed on stories that I was a threat. His way or the highway. Dean says some people find comfort in His rules. She says what if there were no rules? No pain. Just bliss. That feeling you have when you're with me. For everyone. Forever.

Lucifer says I get why you came to me. Can't ignore God, right? Sam asks if he's on board. Lucifer says I did help Dad all those years ago. She's prone to tantrums. I can see why Pop is laying low.

Crowley hopes Sam is smart enough to not strike a deal.

Lucifer says God's not the only circus in town. She has none of the experience of God. He's a master strategist. That's why you're here. Sam says and? Lucifer says I need a ride out of here. Sam says you want a vessel. Lucifer says one who's strong enough to hold me. handy and available now. Catch my drift?

Dean asks what's in it for her? She says everything. I'm the beginning and end. God was the light. I am the dark. Dean says then what? She says that's all you need to know for now. He tries to stab her. The angel blade shatters. She says you had to know that's pointless. I can't be resisted. She grabs his face. Kisses him. He kisses back!

Sam says did you really expect me to agree? I disappear while you take my body and walk the Earth again? That's certifiable! Lucifer says you passed certifiable 3 off ramps ago. Here I am, ready to pitch in. God sent you to me to get my help. Sam, your visions were the word of God, you can't say no to that.

Dean backs up. What was that? She says the future. The inevitable. We're bonded. You set me free. He says that was an accident. She says it was destiny. You and I will be together. Dean says no, that's not going to happen. She says we'll become one. Why wouldn't you want that? Angels arrive. You will submit to the judgment of Heaven. She says tell God to deal with me Himself. Angel says all o Heaven will strike the Earth if they have to. Dean says whoa, dial it down. You'll kill a lot of people! Amara attacks an angel. Then makes another stab himself. The third blows up. Dean asks what have you done? Storm clouds arrive. Dean says He will smite you. She says maybe now He'll hear me. She sends Dean away. Stands in the eye of the storm. Light power comes down on her.

**Crowley and Rowena are hilarious in the cheap seats.

Park. Dean by the hotdog stand.

Lucifer asks Sam if he has an invitation? Sam says no. I won't do it. There has to be another way. The symbols stop glowing. The fire dies. Crowley goes down there. Why did the warding fail? What's happening? Sam is in the Cage! Lucifer comes closer. You're calm given the circumstances. Sam says this is how God told me it'd be. Lucifer says it wasn't God doing the talking. The Cage was damaged. I reached out. It wasn't God inside your head, Sam. it was me. So you see. He's not with you. Never been with you. Just me. So I guess I am your only hope. Sam says it's never going to happen. Lucifer says settle in there, body. Lower bunk, upper bunk? Or do you want to share?

9:56pm. All that happened, and the ep was still not that long.

Next ep - January. Christmas! Jan. 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment