Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

#TVD #midseasonfinale episode 7.9 - "Cold As Ice" #Christmas

"Cold As Ice"

THE SALVATORES ARE COMING TO TOWN - With the holidays in full swing, a search for Julian leads Damon and Stefan to a small town outside of Mystic Falls. While managing a holiday toy drive at Whitmore College, Bonnie (Kat Graham) seeks help from Nora (guest star Scarlett Byrne) and the two strike up an unlikely friendship. Elsewhere, Caroline (Candice King) does her best to navigate her new life as a pregnant vampire, while Alaric (Matt Davis) grows concerned that the pregnancy is effecting her more than she's letting on. Finally, after finding himself at odds with Damon, Stefan is forced to take matters into his own hands, setting off a tragic chain of events that leaves their lives changed forever. Geoffrey Wing Shotz directed the episode written by Brian Young (#709). Original airdate 12/10/2015.






image credit: The CW

Ep 9:

Mid-season finale.

Chicago, 3 years from now. Valerie tells Stefan he can't go. He is borrowing her car. She wants to go with him. He says no. She says if anything happens to you, I will rain hell on anyone responsible. He says don't be so dramatic. They kiss. I'll be back before you know it.

Today. Taking the body to the crypt. Stefan and Damon carry the coffin in the snow, in suits. Lower it into a hole in the ground. Nora and Valerie are there, too. Stefan asks about Julian. Nora says she hasn't heard from Mary and Julian in days. Valerie says Beau couldn't bring himself to be there. Nora says when I was a girl, I loved my mother. She turned her back on me. I thought I'd never find that love again. you proved me wrong. Thank you, Lily. Valerie says you knew me at my brightest and darkest. you always saw the light in me. I'll miss you, Lily. Stefan thanks her. The girls leave. Stefan says how many times do you get a second chance to deliver your mother's eulogy? Damon says you were a terrible mother when you were alive and a terrible mother when you were dead. You're right, that does feel good. He leaves. Stefan places flowers in the coffin. Says I'm so sorry. I promise I'll make this right. Closes the coffin.

Caroline gathering toys. I popped this week. I have a pot belly. On the phone with Stefan. She says she can handle this. She's hungry. She asks how he is. He says Damon is stopping by every pub they pass by.

Bonnie teases Caroline about her cravings. Ric arrives. Off to birthing class.

Damon and Stefan discussing Caroline and the babies. You'll make an amazing not-father. Kind of your thing. Stefan says your jokes have gotten quite sad. Damon says you need me. Stefan says I need your actions, not your words. Damon says he's armed up. Relax. Eggnog?

Valerie in the house. Mary says Julian's not here. Is he coming back? None of your concern. Valerie's just grabbing her stuff. Mary says this fracturing is your fault. Valerie says it's not a story. Mary says the timing is suspect. You only told it when it served you. Gained you sympathy. Valerie says Nora will blossom without you.

Bonnie drinking eggnog. Nora shows up with a toy. A Sorry game. Nora wants to be involved. She enrolled in classes. She was curious about college. you clearly need help. Bonnie says not from a Heretic that kidnapped my friend. Nora persists. Bonnie sends her to the collection booth WAY over there.

Damon and Stefan walking the town. Sunberry. Damon needs more eggnog. Into another pub. Full of dead Santas. Merry Christmas, Brother. Think we found him.

**Geeze, Julian, you kill a bunch of Santas of all things? Way to draw attention to yourself and make a spectacle. That'll definitely make the news when people find out.

**Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies movie commercial. Heh. February.

Damon turns the open sign off. Stefan says maybe if we hadn't stopped at every bar on the way here.... Damon says look around, Julian is clearly off the rails. Stop and think about some back-up. Stefan says you are my back-up! Damon calls Bonnie. He asks about a more accurate address. Need some info. Bonnie will text him in a bit.

Birthing class. Caroline has studied. Class is over. She says don't give me that look. The hormones making me crazy look. He proves he read the books, too. Her vamp hearing is working overtime. She gets vampy. Ric stops her from getting aggressive. She says it's just the hormones. Heh.

Nora and Bonnie. Asks who her Freshman English teacher is. Brings hot cocoa with bourbon. Apologizes for being harsh. A pity friend is still a friend. Nora asks what do you need? I wasn't born yesterday. Bonnie asks her about Sunbury.

Stefan asks Damon when the denial phase is going to end. Damon says death lets me care about her even less. Julian enters the pub. Hello, boys. I misplaced my cell phone. Finds it. Damon says we thought you had a maniacal plan, but you're just a drunk that lost a cell phone. Julian says it's been a rough few weeks. Stefan says she meant nothing to you. Julian says she meant everything to me! He brings out the sword. The completed sword transfers the vampire's spirit into this nasty stone. Creates your own personal hell. I spent over 100 years inside. I had Lily back in my life. She was the only thing that kept me sane. Damon says that was you sane? That it was. But now? These have been dark days for me.

Nora says this town is where he used to live. It's not safe.

Julian remembered his old life. A good life. I was surrounded by friends. People enter. Boys are outnumbered. Guess Damon was right about needing more back-up to go after Julian, huh?

Julian introduces Raphael from the 1600s. Robin from 1802. And Seth from the Gold Rush, and the last from last week in Portland. Damon says we miss Lily and she's looking up and wishing these boys wouldn't fight. Stefan's not leaving. Damon set off bombs and they run.

Nora giving a toy to a girl in a hospital. Christmas was always my favorite holiday. Bonnie says you and Mary Louise broke up. You need to move on and live in the present. She's dead to you. Am I? Mary asks to talk.

Caroline and Ric drinking. Caroline asks if the blood is okay for the babies? He says if it's good for you, it's good for the babies. You're doing a good job. Caroline hulks out and pushes him. Then runs off.

Nora and Mary Louise in private. Mary wants an apology. Nora says Julian is the reason Lily's dead. Mary says Valerie's story is responsible. Nora says he's a liar, why can't you see that? Mary is tired of fighting. Nora's done. It's over. Mary says you've been wanting this a long time. Took you no time to move on. Nora says you're too scared to change. When's the last time you gave out some charity? Mary says when I started dating you. Storms out.

Damon says we need to get in the car and go. Stefan doesn't want to. Julian is planning something. Damon says that's a hornet nest, a suicide mission. Stefan says Julian would've been dead already, but you wanted to punish Lily. How difficult would it have been to say something nice? She was dying, Damon. You're acting like a spoiled brat. A coward. You had a chance to make things right, and you still do. Damon says he's going home.

Valerie has the journal. Stefan calls. I'm headed home. Damon bailed on me. He thinks I'm overreacting. Valerie says I should've gone with you. He asks if she's seen Mary Louise.

She's at a bar. Stefan says you've had enough. You look like you could use a friend. Things with Nora didn't go well, did they? Valerie drugs Mary. Stefan snaps a photo. Stay with her until Julian is dead.

Bonnie finds Nora in her room. Crying. Bonnie asks what she sees in Mary Louise. Nora says she's loving, protective, kind. Bonnie says just to you. Nora says that's fair. Maybe I'm spoiled, or old-fashioned, but it's nice having that person that loves you and thinks you're amazing. Maybe you don't. Bonnie says I don't need someone to tell me I'm pretty. Nora says it does feel good to hear it. You're a kind person, and beautiful. Julian texts her that Mary has been taken hostage. I was wrong. You and your friends aren't nice at all. She grabs Bonnie and siphons her power.

Damon in the house. Fireplace. Julian asks where is she. i came alone. Where is Mary Louise? Damon is surprised Stefan kidnapped Mary Louise. Julian threatens him with the sword. Damon says we have no beef. Julian says right, you don't care. You're burning her clothes, trying to erase her existence. Damon needs closet space. Julian says I knew her love for you would get her killed. It's easy for you, isn't it. You don't have to take responsibility for her death. Damon says she killed herself. Julian knocks him down. I hope whatever Hell this sword puts you in, she's there. Stefan tosses Julian, saving Damon. Julian runs off.

13 minutes left. Stefan, if you ask Julian to come to the house, make sure you're brother isn't going to be ambushed, okay? Oy.

Caroline out in the snow. Visits her mother's grave with a wreath. This is my first Christmas without you. That sucks. I still got you something. 2 somethings. I'll spare you the details of how. But it's happening. I'm pregnant. I pictured this conversation much differently, obviously. I was human and you were alive. I know they're not mine. They're still my responsibility and I have to do this right, and I have no idea what I'm doing. All I want to do is sit on our kitchen counter and ask you a million questions. God, I miss you.

They find Julian in the house. Attack him. Julian throws Stefan, then beats on Damon. I would've killed you on sight if it wasn't for your mother. Stefan gets back in it. Julian stakes him. Damon tries to save him and gets stabbed with the sword. He falls. Stefan watches in horror. Julian says now I'll run. Stefan pulls the wood out of his gut. Damon? Damon?

7 minutes. Damon's in the Phoenix Stone now. Wonder how long he'll be in there?

Valerie waiting. Opens the journal. Someone opens a door. Who's there? She's in the hospital. Mary Louise is gone.

Caroline reaches Stefan. Oh my God. He says Damon wanted me to let it go. I should've let it go. I couldn't. She says she was your mom, Stefan. It's not easy to let that go. Let's figure out a way to save your brother.

Caroline calls Bonnie.

We need to call Valerie. Stefan says Damon won't make it in there.

Damon in the Civil War. He gets up. Gut shot. In the middle of battle in the woods. He's terrified.

She says he'll survive this. Nora says he'll be different. Just like you. She stabs Stefan with the sword!

Holy crap! Next ep in January. Bonnie brought Damon back 3 months later. Or did she?

No comments:

Post a Comment