Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

#TVD episode 7.8 - “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.”

“Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.”

U2 song title for this one.

A FRACTURED FAMILY - As Julian (guest star Todd Lasance) and Lily (guest star Annie Wersching) throw a party to celebrate Mary Louise (guest star Teressa Liane) and Nora's (guest star Scarlett Byrne) anniversary, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) set in motion a risky plan to eliminate a new threat posed by Julian. Meanwhile, following a major revelation uncovered by Valerie (guest star Elizabeth Blackmore), Caroline (Candice King) is forced to face her new reality, even as it threatens to destroy her relationship with Stefan. Finally, determined to do what's best for her family, Lily makes the most difficult decision of her life. Michael Malarkey and Zach Roerig also star. Leslie Libman directed the episode written by Brett Matthews (#708). Original airdate 12/3/2015.

Ep 8:

3 years from now. Damon wakes up. Still in the studio. A woman's voice. Who? He says come closer so I can sort of see you. Whoa, LILY???? Mom? Been a long time. He passes out again.

Lily awake next to Julian.

Stefan says Julian dies today. Everything has to be normal. Stefan says we get Julian's blood and a Heretic will unlink Lily. End of story. Enzo doesn't think they'll help.

Julian and the kids burning breakfast.

Enzo says the Heretics won't turn on Julian. Stefan says we employ the nuclear option. Valerie. She'll tell them the truth.

Lily asks what's the occasion? Mary and Nora have been together 133 years. Julian says it was Lily's idea to host your anniversary party tonight. The girls says she's boring. Julian says you're in for a wonderful surprise. Lily agrees.

Caroline writes about the twins in her journal to Elena. Phone buzzes. It's Matt. The stockpiled people are gone. He asks her to come with. She says Valerie was right. I'm pregnant. She hasn't told Stefan, yet.

Enzo finds Lily. Library? Lily's looking for a gift, a poem. The Nymph's Reply to the Shepherd. Enzo knows it, recites it to her. She's charmed. He hands her the book. He tells her to run, leave town with me, and let your sons carry out their plan. She says I can't run from this. it's my doing. He says you're not safe. Come with me. She says I can't. But if you could? If I could..... He kisses her. She kisses him back. He says good luck, Lily. You need it. And leaves.

Julian brings Nora and Mary to their party blindfolded. Full of people. They've all been compelled to see to your every desire. Let's have a drink to celebrate. Lily arrives and she's upset. Julian tells her to loosen up. She says the rule is that we feed on trespassers. Nora wants to bail. Lily makes an exception for a special occasion. Mary and Nora feed.

**Can Lily resist the temptation of all that blood? This is a very stressful night for her, poor thing.

Stefan gets a text from Lily. Damon, let's do this. Caroline shows up. Damon and Valerie come to the door. Valerie says Damon and I will go and Stefan can follow. Caroline says we need to talk. She gets him a drink. She knows the magical baby transplant is crazy, but..... He doesn't have words. Yeah. He says I have to go. We have to talk more, but we have a small window to get to Julian tonight. She knows it's bad timing. He says we'll talk about it when I get back, promise.

Mary pulls Julian away to show him an engagement ring for Nora. She's really nervous. Julian says it's tiny. You deserve something better. He gives her a ring from French royalty. I'm so happy for you both.

Nora gets the book from Lily. She thanks her. I love it. Julian says guess who. Nora leaves them alone. Julian asks to dance. Lily doesn't know how to dance to this music. The DJ switches songs. Julian asks if she recognizes it. Beau's voice! She says he used to sing so beautifully. Julian says almost like old times. You haven't been indulging in the real fun. She says I'm content with blood bags. He says you're afraid of going all in. That hope of being one big family is causing friction. You have all the love you need right here. Accept it. Come back to us, Lily. Let go. He brings a woman to her. Lily bites, then sees Damon. Wipes her mouth and looks guilty.

**Julian's an awful enabler of sins. I'd love to see Elijah deal with him. Wouldn't that be delightful?

Lily meets Damon outside. She says I had to. Have to convince them I'm on their side. Damon says the plan is postponed. She says no, no, no. Damon says Julian dies tonight, but it doesn't bother him if she dies, too. He's only here because Stefan is a Mama's boy. She slaps him. He says you're already dead to me. I moved on. I'd have left you in that prison world.

Mary and Nora. Nora reads the poem. Mary opens the ring box. Marry me. 133 years is not enough, Nora. I want eternity. Nora says yes! Of course yes! They kiss. She puts the ring on Nora. They kiss again. Valerie says I'm happy for you two. We need to talk, about the worst moment of my life.

Matt finds Enzo feeding. Enzo lets her run away. Matt says what the hell is wrong with you? Enzo says I didn't get the girl. Don't think the life saving business suits you, mate. Matt says no one wants you. What are you still doing here? Enzo asks him the same. You're overmatched. You've brought a knife to a gun fight and it's going to be the death of you.

Enzo gets shot outside. A crew grabs him and drags him into a truck. Who are these hunters?

Lily joins the girls and Beau. Julian won't be joining us.

Damon and Stefan find Julian.

Valerie tells her story.

Julian asks what are you doing here? Damon is glib.

Lily says I wouldn't have gone to Europe if I'd know about my grandchild. Valerie says we're Julian's army, not his family. They ask Lily if it's true. She says yes. I finally see Julian for who he is. I'm leaving him. Valerie says she needs her help. So who do you believe? Beau goes to Valerie and hugs her. Then Nora. Mary Louise is hesitant. This is a lot to take in. Nora says we stick together. We're family. Mary hugs Valerie.

Stefan and Damon are ready. Damon throws a dart at Julian's neck. The boys keep attacking him. Julian falls. Let's tie him up.

Lily asked Beau to give her his hand while she sat in a chair, bracing for the pain. Mary dabs at the first blood. Lily says It's about to get worse.

Stefan finds Lily. I got Julian's blood. She says they're waiting for it in the greenhouse. He says Caroline's pregnant. I didn't know what to say, either. She asks how? He says Gemini spell. Twins. Not mine. She says you must be overwhelmed. He asks for advice. She says tell her you love her and never forget what she's going through. Then be prepared for her to sacrifice everything for them. He says you can start over. She says it's too late. So much is lost. he says you haven't lost me. She says unfortunately, Damon doesn't feel the same way. He says Damon has put up a wall since you broke his heart. She says he's gone. He wishes me dead. Stefan says I've seen that look for 150 years. She asks for some advice in return. How do I get him back? Stefan says time.

Julian digs into Damon. Damon says stop talking. Valerie says don't listen to him. He's just wanting to provoke you. If you kill him now, you're the boy that killed his mother for all eternity. Julian provokes her. She spits in his face and tells him to go to hell. Mary joins them. Damon's playing pinball. Mary doubts Valerie. She puts Damon and Valerie down. Julian says that's why you, Mary Louise, have always been my favorite.

**Stupid girl!! Daddy and self-esteem issues will get everyone killed.

Caroline gets a call. Well, you're either really drunk, or calling to tell me you have a new girlfriend. Neither. He says I'm really sorry about early. I didn't want to say the wrong thing, so I bailed. She knows there's no right thing to say. I know this is happening to both of us and you stood by me with everything that happened with my mom, so I get it if you want to run for the hills. He says I love you. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here for you. We're going to get through this together. She asks if he's sure? He says positive. And I love you, too.

Nora finds Mary. She's been crying. Lily tells Julian to let them go. He says I can't, I love you far too much for that to happen. One lives, one dies, you choose which. She says no. He says you will. You've wanted the impossible. You're either a Salvatore or one of us, but you can't be both. Choose. Choose. He gives her a stake.

Nora asks how could you do this? Mary says Valerie lies! Nora says this is different. Mary says you'd side with a girl that kills her own brother? Nora takes off the ring. This doesn't represent our love. It's only Julian's manipulation. I don't want it.

Lily says this isn't you. You used to be kind. You're still suffering from that hell. Valerie says no, he was born this way. Damon says please, one swift stab straight through the heart. Let's get this over with. You've chosen Heretics every time. Why stop now? Valerie pleads with Lily. Lily says you're so strong. I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner. Lily says son, please forgive me. Damon says do it. Kill me! Lily has the courage to tell Julian he's wrong now. I can choose them both. She stabs herself. Julian catches her and pulls the stake out. He says My sweet girl, I've already unlinked us. Stefan runs in. No! Julian speeds away.

Enzo wakes. In a cage. Matt says save your strength. You're full of vervain. I can't protect Mystic Falls on my own, so I made some friends. Someone wanted you, after all.

Lily's dying. Nora can't get the splinters out. Tell me what to do! Stefan says say goodbye. She tells Lily she loves her and she's so sorry. Goodbye. Beau next. Nods to her. Kisses her forehead. Stefan next. Takes her hand. She says I guess only one of us gets the luxury of time. Promise me you'll use yours to the fullest. He looks to Damon. Damon takes a drink.

Julian smashes things. Mary says Nora gave me back the ring. What is all this? He says Lily....she staked herself in the heart. She thought killing herself would kill me. I thought breaking the spell would protect her. But..... Mary pleads that it isn't real. He can't.

Valerie forgives Lily for loving Julian. You wanted to love us all. There's no sin in that. She tells Damon to make the most of the time Lily has left. He walks to the bed. Lily says I'm truly sorry. Stefan says say something. Damon hands him the bottle. Leans down. You made your bed. Have a nice nap. Lily goes dray, dessicating. Dying. Stefan is horrified. He throws the bottle in the fireplace.

3 years from now. Mom? Are you still here? I'm so sorry. I don't think I can save you. You've been poisoned with werewolf toxin. Damon says while you're still here, something's been nagging at me a long time. I'm so sorry. She smiles. Mom. Wow. You must really be having a bad trip. You're mother's been dead for years. She kicks him in the chin.

Next week - Christmas. Dead Santas. Winter finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment