Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

#TVD episode 7.10 - "Hell is Other People" #vampires

Hell is Other People

DAMON’S PERSONAL HELL — After finding himself on the wrong end of Julian’s (guest star Todd Lasance) plan to avenge Lily’s (guest star Annie Wersching) death, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) awakens to find himself trapped inside the Phoenix stone, tormented by a traumatic experience from his time in the Civil War and forced to face his darkest demon in order to get out. On the outside, Bonnie (Kat Graham) is in a race against the clock to get Damon out before the effects of the Phoenix stone take over and leave him changed forever. Paul Wesley, Candice King and Zach Roerig also star. Deb Chow directed the episode written by Holly Brix & Neil Reynolds (#710). Original airdate 1/29/2016.



 
Image credit: The CW
 
Ep 10:
 
Fall 1863, Confederate line. Damon wakes up mid-battle. He's wounded. Lily asks if he had a nice nap. Mother? Henry begs Damon for help. Damon frees him from under a canon and they hobble away.

Damon wakes up hearing the bugle. Henry says you've been out a long time. Mail call. Damon got a letter. From Stefan. Writing about Valerie, their drunk father, and he can't sleep as the anniversary of Lily's death comes close. Stefan misses Damon and wishes he was home.

Damon wanders camp. Goes into the colonel's tent. Damon's a lieutenant. Requests 2 weeks leave to go to Stefan. But he doesn't wish to shirk his duties. He'll do anything. Col. sends him 12 miles east to find deserters with Union sympathizers.

Henry wishes to get home to his girl. And asks about Damon being sure of this mission. Damon says he only enlisted to please his father. They reach the house and knock. Talk to the woman of the house. She tries to shut the door on him. He says quartering is the law. Thanks her when she lets them in. They greet the other woman in the house. Henry leaves to "freshen up". Damon searches for munitions. Deserters pull guns on him. Damon puts his down. He's outnumbered. The men want to go home. Damon says that is the problem. i want to go home, too. Henry shoots. Then Damon. Women get shot in the crossfire. Damon and Henry are horrified by the incident. They hear a noise. Damon investigates. Down to the cellar below. Please, enough blood has been shed. Lay down your weapon, please. He sees Lily! Mother? Hello, Damon. He says you can't be here, you died. We buried you. She says I'm dead alright. You saw to that. He says you died, I was there. This doesn't make any sense. She says it's coming back to you. Your spirit is trapped in the Phoenix Stone. This really happened, didn't it? Damon says I just wanted to go home to Stefan. It went so wrong so fast. Lily says you and Henry covered it up and never spoke of it again. Give yourself up. Damon says they ambushed us! She says the longer you keep your trauma at arms' length, the harder this will be for you. She shoots him. This is about punishment.

Bonnie talks to Damon. The Phoenix Stone was on his chest. How do you feel? He says like I lived a day in the life of Damon Salvatore. A day? She says you've been dead for 3 months.

Bonnie asks if he's okay? Her nose bleeds. She says it took 3 Heretics to find Julian in that Stone. He asks where's everyone else? She tells him. It's been 3 months. He asks where's Stefan? She says Nora stabbed Stefan and I haven't been able to bring him back, yet. It took all of my magic just to pull you out! He wants Stefan out now. The body is gone. She finds a note. Someone took him.

Matt on the phone. Caroline and Damon and Bonnie trying to figure out where Stefan's body is. Matt tells Bonnie to let him check surveillance tapes first. Bonnie does a locator spell to try finding Julian. Damon offers Caroline a drink. She says I'm 28 weeks pregnant. She wonders how his head works. She begged Bonnie to get Stefan out first, but logic prevailed. Damon says tell me what I'm missing. She says the longer you're trapped, the more your humanity gets stripped away. Bonnie says the spell worked. Route 29.

Damon walks in a bar. Julian greets him. Damon asks what's that putrid smell? Julian soaked Stefan with gasoline. Sit down. Plays with a lighter. Damon sits. So, want to talk about it? How'd you fare? Tell me everything. Damon says gladly, once Stefan is here. Julian says I saw your mother, and then I killed her every day for over a century. Complete and utter misery. Damon says he had a different experience. Julian says you resisted. Then lights Stefan on fire. Lily appears. It's too late. Pain is real. Feeling is real. As soon as you figure that out, you'll be one step closer.

Damon wakes up in the medical tent again. Henry greets him.

**Groundhog Day in Hell. Interesting that Damon hears that Nora stabbed Stefan, because that's true. Did the Stone tell him from Stefan's memory? Only way Damon could know.

Mail call. Damon opens the letter. Reads it. Walks past the injured to go to the colonel's tent. Asks for 2 weeks leave. Offers to help with the deserter problem. Defines the rules. I bring back the deserters alive and I get to see my brother. Henry asks if he has a sweetheart at home? Yes, no, things are fuzzy right now. He and Henry talk about the deserters. Damon wants to bring them back alive. He knocks on the door. I love pie. LOL. They walk into the kitchen. Damon tells Henry to not go upstairs. Then asks the granny to put the knife down and asks them all to stand aside. I know you've got 2 deserters in the basement. No one has to get hurt. The deserters come out shooting. Damon couldn't change it.

He wakes up on the pool table again. He puts his shirt on and will go get Stefan's body back. Stefan says that won't be necessary.

Caroline pulled Stefan out first. Stefan wants to get drunk. Cheers. Why? What happened to you in there? Damon says gruesome Civil War saga. Stefan says you didn't feel anything? Damon says of course, I wanted to get home to my brother. Stefan says the people bleeding on the floor did nothing to you. Damon says you're not real, and rips Stefan's heart out.

Wakes up in the med tent. Get your gun, Henry.

Bonnie chanting over Damon. Stefan pacing. She says the spell's not working. Like the Stone is hiding his spirit. Stefan says she can't stop. Longer Damon's in there, the more damaged he'll be. Bonnie says you of all people don't get to lecture me. Caroline tries to calm things. Matt says I don't get it, why isn't this working? Stefan says Damon isn't ready, yet. Bonnie asks why we had no trouble reuniting your soul with your body. Stefan says because I submitted. Damon will do anything to avoid that kind of pain, so we may never get him out.

Damon and Henry on the way to the farmhouse again. He wonders why today? Then realized this is the first time he had blood on his hands. The weeks after, when I was crushed by guilt and self-loathing, I wanted my brother. So that has to be the way to fix this, find Stefan. Henry insists Damon isn't well and they should return to camp. Damon knocks and tells the women to come out on the porch. Then goes in the home alone. Draws his pistol. Tells the men to come out and toss their weapons, or he'll kill the family. They toss the weapons. Then come out. And drop a grenade at his feet.

Next day. Damon asks them to give up the grenade, then the guns. 1, 2, 3. Come out one at a time arms raised. The women have Henry.

Next day. Damon shreds the letter. Writes to Stefan to never write him again.

Next day. Talks to the colonel. Asks if he can bring them back dead. He shoots the men this time. And behind him is the grannie, who shoots him.

Mail call. Damon takes his stuff and leaves. I gotta see my brother, so I'm deserting to Mystic Falls. Henry asks to come with. Damon says I'm no here. He lights a grenade and tosses it at Henry. Hums in the woods. Checks his compass. Ends up at the farmhouse again. Lily opens the door. Come in. We've been expecting you.

In the house. It's different. Lily says I can see them coming. You need to hide in the cellar. Get down to the cellar if you want to live. He goes in the basement and finds Stefan. Stefan says you always have a reason, don't you, Damon? The coffin is here. Stefan says this is about what you do in Elena's absence. Men above. Stefan says you justify everything, but did you once think what would Elena do? Can you not tell right from wrong without her holding your hand? It's going to be a long century, brother. I wonder if she'll recognize you when she wakes up. Stefan keeps asking what did you want? Who did you want in that moment before you buried your secrets? Damon admits I wanted my mother. Stefan says it's too late.

Damon wakes up on the battlefield. Lily begs for help instead of Henry.

Lily pleads for help. Damon gets shot when he's standing. She says pain is real. Feeling is real. Damon hates her. You tried to take Elena from me. She begs for help. Why? Why? Damon says because you..... and lists her sins. I hate you because you could've come back so many times but you never did. I lost you again and again. And now I'm losing you to death. 3 times I lost you. 3 times I had the chance to tell you and I ruined it. She says tell me. Tell me. They hold hands. He says I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. Give me a chance to make it right. To let you love me. Okay? She's dead. He's in denial. Weeps over her.

Stone on his chest. no. No. We weren't done. I gotta get her back, I gotta get her back. Send me back. I know what to do now. Damon attacks them all!! Strangling bonnie last. He says why am I still here? This isn't real, this isn't real.....

Next week! Damon still nuts. Stefan let Damon go to survive.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment