Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

#TVD episode 7.16 - "Days of Future Past" #VampireDiaries

"Days of Future Past"

IAN SOMERHALDER DIRECTS THE EPISODE — In an attempt to make things right with his brother, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) offers to have Stefan’s (Paul Wesley) scar magically transferred to him, only to discover that doing so may come with some unexpected consequences. With time running out and Rayna (guest star Leslie-Anne Huff) closing in on Stefan, Valerie (guest star Elizabeth Blackmore) desperately attempts to reason with Damon before it’s too late. Elsewhere, after being framed for breaking Rayna out of The Armory, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) attempts to clear his name, but not before a violent run-in with Nora (guest star Scarlett Byrne) forces him to make an upsetting discovery. Zach Roerig also stars. Ian Somerhalder directed the episode written by Melinda Hsu Taylor (#716). Original airdate 4/1/2016.

Episode 16:

Dallas, Texas. Today. Rayna says the sun's coming up, Stefan. Make your choice. Damon's looking pretty sick. Hashtag, you're welcome. Are hashtags still a thing? Rayna says say yes. You'll get your life back. Damon says any more suspense, I'm going to pass out. Stefan says his phone is in his pocket. Valerie can do the spell. Damon loosens the robes to get the phone. Stefan says thank you, tosses them both, and runs. Damon strangles Rayna. Damon says he's giving Stefan a head start. They pass out together.

3 years ago. Valerie and Stefan. Stefan's packing. Mortality makes him feel human again. Valerie says make it an adventure. All over the world. Best case, we save your life. Worst case, we have a long vacation. She says make a choice that serves you. He says there's nothing left to hold me back here. Sure.

Today. Nora wakes in The Armory. She asks where is Mary Lou? Armory needs help. Lorenzo St. John. Enzo. Why do you want him? So I can kill him myself.

They believe Enzo released Rayna Cruz. Nora can be the one to hunt him down. She's brought to Mary. Mary has been poisoned by Rayna's blood. If Nora can bring Enzo, then she gets a cure for Mary Lou.

Dallas, Texas. Matt. Enzo grabs him. Detective, cuff yourself to the car. Enzo says he did not let Rayna escape. What I don't understand is why you released Rayna Cruz?

Stefan on the phone with Valerie. Does this transfer spell make any sense? She says it's ironic that they traveled the world and Damon figured out the solution shortly after waking up. Valerie's coming to Dallas quick as she can.

Damon wakes. Rayna still there. Patching herself up. My sword is on the move and so is my target. She says it's weird that Stefan ran away from your offer. Damon says as soon as he has a charge, he'll call Stefan and get him back here. Do the transfer spell. She says that's noble of you. Look at my arm. It's flesh and blood. She says her body is 100% human. Right around the time Elena wakes up, I'll die and so will you. You'll never see Elena again. Hero move. Nice. She leaves.

Philippines. 2 years ago. Valerie and Stefan. They're just friends, still. Here's to 1 year of chasing theories around the world. Stefan's staring at his phone. He realizes by the time Damon wakes up, I'll be dead, so I'm never going to call him again. Guess that makes this obsolete. They toast and drink. She orders more, another bottle. Bartender understood what they said. I think I know how to help.

Stefan gets a call from Caroline. Nope, Rayna on the work cell. Don't hang up. I can help you. You took my sword, genius. Stefan doesn't want to let her kill his brother. She says you grew on me while I was in The Armory. I'd close my eyes and watch you. See where you were, what you were doing. I always know what my targets are up to. Stefan says you spent the last 3 years spying on me. She says I know you're leading me to the Armory. Virginia's a long way and you'll need gas. I'm gaining on you. I can tell.

Stefan stabs her sword into a van so she'll have to choose.

Phone ringing. Damon answers. Falls on the floor. Stefan. Stopped for gas. I could use a great idea for what to do next. Damon is fuzzy. Toxin fever and all. Stefan says Valerie is coming to fix that. Damon says head back here and I'll have the Armory come meet you. They still want Rayna.

Enzo and Matt. Enzo knew Rayna would set a trap for Stefan. You convinced the police it was a hoax. Why would you do that? I knew you wouldn't talk. Matt says look what you're doing right now! Enzo asks why now? Matt says ask Stefan Salvatore. Nora attacks. Uses her magic on Enzo. He retaliates. Forces her to take a pill. She spits it out. Matt gets away in the truck.

Enzo tries to force Nora to take it again. Nora says Mary Lou is her only motivation. Enzo says you and I need to work together. I care about this as much as you do. Swear on my life.

Rayna says you owe some guy a new truck. Don't blame me for doubting Damon. She doesn't like her responsibility. Thinks Stefan is okay. Matt wouldn't let her out until she promised to put Stefan in the Hellstone. Want to talk about it? He hangs up.

Damon calls Enzo. You still friends with the Armory? Why? Stefan needs to come in. Enzo will text him an airfield address. Enzo hangs up.

Nora wonders why bring Rayna? It draws Alex to us. Nora asks why are you helping me? Enzo prefers the direct approach.

mary's reciting poetry. Alex comes in. Mary says Nora used to read it to me. Alex says Nora found Enzo in Dallas. Mary is to come with Alex.

Valerie gets to Damon. Tries to heal him. He tranqs her.

2 years ago. Philippines. Valerie says the bartender has a theory. Stefan says they all do and they're all wrong. Look at the sky. Live in the moment. She looks up. Lovely stars. Cassiopeia is his favorite. She says you're an idiot. He agrees. Kisses her. They kiss again.

Today. Alex at the airfield. Stefan shows up. Who are you? Who are you? Nora kidnaps Alex. Brings her to Enzo. Where is Mary Louise? Alex doesn't have an antidote. We failed. Mary Louise will be dead within the week. Go make the most of the time you have left. Gives Nora keys. Enzo hopes Alex is lying. Alex asks why he stole so many pills. He says he hasn't stole anything. You've lost track of your possessions. Alex says you're lying to me. Give Bonnie Bennett my regards.

Valerie wakes. Tied up. Damon driving. Why did you stop me from doing the spell? Damon asks how long have you known the answer? 3 whole years go by and this transfer never crossed your mind? She says I never lied to him. Damon says you didn't want him to know the truth, either. You knew he'd go back to Caroline. She says I was protecting him by keeping you out of his life! Damon says when I get Elena back I'll be good to Stefan. Valerie says I've been everything to him! Phone rings. Stefan. You're not doing the spell? Damon says we're coming to you. You're not taking the scar? Say it! I want to hear you say it! Damon says I have a plan. You always do. Stefan gets shot.

Rayna. She draws her sword. Picks up the phone. I'll catch you later. Tosses it.

Valerie says we're too late because of you! Stefan ran because he knew you'd choose yourself! Now is when you prove who you really are. Damon says I'm in. Give me the scar now!

Nora reaches Mary Lou. How are you feeling? Awful. Nora says you'll be fine. Mary says you're a terrible liar. Alex told me. Nora says we'll find a way, together. Helps Mary to the car.

Valerie starts the magic.

Rayna wants to finish the conversation. It hurts to see you like this. As soon as I touched my sword, I felt what it did to you. I felt your scar reopen. You didn't want Valerie or Caroline. You wanted Damon. You woke him up. You almost gave me time to catch you! Stefan didn't enjoy being a fugitive. She says yes you did! You enjoyed life because he was gone!

Valerie chanting.

Rayna says you're in this bind because you woke Damon up! The Phoenix Stone wants to liberate you, Stefan! The only way to be free is to let Damon go. Did today convince you? He says yes. She says remember that. Use that to survive. She stabs him.

Valerie says something's wrong. There's no scar to transfer.

Stefan sucked back into the Stone. Rayna leaves his body on the ground.

Caroline calls Matt. Left a voice mail. Matt in the cemetery. I did it. I made Stefan pay for what he did. He kneels at a grave for Penny. Just like I promised you.

Nora and Mary in the car. Nora's trying to be positive. They kiss. Rayna throws her sword at them. Nora drives away.

Damon and Valerie get to Stefan. Run to his body. Where's the sword?!

Mary takes back her insults on Nora's driving.

Rayna chasing them.

Mary chants on the sword. She won't let Rayna put Nora in the Stone.

Valerie says it's my fault. Damon says no, it's on me. I tried to have it all.

Nora joins hands with Mary. Mary chants. Nora recites the poem.

Damon says I'll get that Stone and make this right.

The Stone is cracking? They drive into a field. The Stone explodes the car.

Rayna in pain. Gets to the wreckage and screams.

Damon promises to save Stefan. I promise. I promise you.

Next ep - Someone else in Stefan's body.

No comments:

Post a Comment