Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

#TVD episode 7.18 - "One Way or Another"

"One Way or Another"

THE RACE TO SAVE STEFAN — Determined to capture an escaped vampire named Ambrose, who may be the key to getting Stefan (Paul Wesley) back safely, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) heads to Memphis with Alaric (Matt Davis) in tow. However, reluctant to step back into his former vampire hunting ways, Alaric makes his unwillingness to participate clear, while revealing the truth about the past three Damon-less years of his life. Meanwhile, in the psych ward, Bonnie (Kat Graham) meets a young woman named Virginia (guest star Aisha Duran), who provides her with some valuable information about why The Armory may be after her. Finally, Enzo (Michael Malarkey) takes matters into his own hands when he learns some devastating news from Rayna (guest star Leslie-Anne Huff). Rashaad Ernesto Green directed the episode with teleplay by Rebecca Sonnenshine and story by Penny Cox (#718). Original airdate 4/15/2016.

Episode 18:

Stefan asleep in the car. Damon checks he's breathing and wakes him. Damon got him meds. On the way to Memphis. Stefan pukes blood again. Damon pulls over. Calls 911. Stefan says I can't go to a hospital. Damon says I'm bringing the hospital to us.

Ric stops the car. Damon opens the ambulance. The EMTs are working on Marty/Stefan. Damon asks where is Valerie? At a motel prepping the spell. Ric says the serial killer is Ambrose. Damon thanks him for coming. Ric says maybe spend your remaining time with your brother. Damon says your brain's liquefied. Get in.

Bonnie in Asheville, North Carolina. Talking about someone that walked away from her. She's ready to move on. Not going to let that betrayal define her life.

Damon asks Ric what he's missed? Ric says if you're fishing for info about Bonnie, go to the source. Ric says they're not having a big wedding. Damon says it wasn't a catnap. Ric wants to go home. Damon says I know you're mad. I'm very sorry, let me make it up to you. Ric says your brother broke Caroline's heart. Abandoned her. Damon says it worked out well for you, didn't it?

Stefan dreaming. Philippines, 2 years ago. He's alone at the bar. He's trying to write an apology. She returns all of them unopened. Caroline. EMT asks if he's okay. Stefan asks for a pen and paper to write a letter.

Ambrose did a keg stand drink of a co-ed. Damon arrives. But can't enter.

Damon tells Ric you're on deck. Ric still wants to leave. Woman knocks on the window. Gives Damon a phone. Ambrose says come on back. He doesn't love the taste of blood, but loves the other parts. Damon tells him to come out face to face. Ambrose says do me a favor and we get what we want. Rayna Cruz. He framed her for some massacres and killed her boyfriend. So kill Rayna and I'll turn your brother's body back to you. I can jump into the body of a transitioning vampire. Find me a witch, you get Stefan's body, and bring me Rayna's head. Damon says consider it done.

Damon calls Valerie. She says Gemini spells usually take 2 witches, but she'll do anything to get it done. Damon asks if she can do a locator spell on Rayna.

Rayna's got a ride. Road is blocked. Enzo shoots her in the back. Compels the driver to sit and not move.

Bonnie asks for messages from her doctor after taking her meds. She's followed in the hall. Locked in a room. Woman accuses Bonnie of stealing my meds. Bonnie says none of us will get well if we can't think straight. I wanted to help. The woman hugs her. I feel like myself again. Thank you. Want to get something to eat? I know where they hide the candy bars.

Ric and Damon find the stopped car. Damon asks what happened? Driver tells.

Enzo gets a call. Damon says bring her back. Enzo says he's not with the Armory. Damon says I need Rayna a lot more than you do. Enzo says how's Bonnie? Damon says we're talking about Stefan who's currently dying-- Enzo says find another way to save him because you're not getting her. He hangs up.

Ric says Bonnie and Enzo are together. Enzo helped her with the Armory and things went from there. Ambrose calls again. Damon says we hit a little bump in the road. I need a raincheck on Rayna. She's currently out of range right now and I'm running out of time. Ambrose hangs up.

Bonnie and the woman. Talking about how they ended up here. Her sister had her drugged up and locked up here. Bonnie says must be hard to be a member of the St. John family. The Armory is looking for me. They've been hunting me for 3 years. Woman says my family doesn't stop until they get what they want. Bonnie says I'm a Bennett witch. Woman says prove it. Bonnie doesn't have access to her magic right now. Woman says break me out when you go. Deal.

Damon and Ric return. Blood streaks everywhere. Damon can walk into the house. LOTS of dead kids. Damon calls the phone. It rings here. Ric wonders if Ambrose heard where Marty is? Damon calls Frank. DO NOT STOP AGAIN. Deliver him to a very powerful witch woman.

Ambulance crashes. Ambrose did it. Bullseye...

EMTs climb out of the overturned ambulance. Ambrose kills them. Stefan got out and ran. He breaks into a house. Ambrose can't come in.

Rayna wakes. Not you again. Enzo says afraid so. Rayna asks why am I here? Enzo has his reasons. He tells her about the pill that suppresses magic.

Bonnie tells the woman about the magic suppressing pills. Armory can't find her as long as she takes them.

Enzo asks if the affects of the pills can be reversed. Rayna says no. Only enhanced. Enzo stops the car and pulls a gun on her. She says magic doesn't behave like science. Don't shoot the messenger. She figures out he gave the pills to Bonnie Bennett. That would mean you gave the girl you love a death sentence.

Ambrose throws a brick at Stefan. Another another. Stefan gets behind a wall. Ambrose picks up a propane tank and throws it in the house. Lights more. Damon catches it and blows it out. Ric shoots Ambrose in the back. I hate how good that felt. LOL.

Bonnie asks why the Armory is looking for me? Woman says there's a vault in the basement, and only a Bennett witch can unlock it. Lucy Bennett disappeared. Bonnie asks what's in there? Something that can't be let out. Swear you won't let it out. Bonnie says I can't swear unless I know what's in it. Woman breaks a mirror and attacks Bonnie. Nurses sedate her and drag her away.

Valerie with Stefan. She thanks Ric. Damon comes in. Promise me you can do this. She promises. Starts chanting over both men.

Stefan wakes in the house. Valerie asks if he cares for a drink? She's in his head. Thought he'd be more comfortable here. You're going to be fine. Promise. She kisses him. Stefan asks if she's lying. He wants to make the most of his time. She says you only have to think about our next destination. He's had a lot to think about lately. Doesn't have to run anymore. She says we can't go back to Mystic Falls. She asks if he's talking about Dallas. He says no, of course not. She says he has a chance to go back to his real life. He says you are my real life.

Her nose is bleeding. She's struggling. Damon says get up, you promised!

She asks Stefan if she's been a distraction, or....

Ric says she's not strong enough. Damon says she is. She won't let Stefan die. She chants again.

Stefan says stop, the spell is killing you. Do not sacrifice yourself for me! She's not breaking her promise to save him. He begs her to stop. She says you're all I have. She disappears.

Stefan is back in his body. He and Valerie hug. Damon is relieved. Ric smiles. Probably in spite of himself.

**Wonder if Caroline ever saw those letters, or if Ric was returning them this whole time?

Ric leaves. Damon goes after him. Ric is going home. Damon says I'm trying here. I shouldn't have abandoned you and I'm sorry. Tell me what bridges I need to build. Ric says I got to start over. I have 2 little girls I love, a job I earned, and a fiancee that makes me glad to be alive. No offense, but I don't want things to go back to the way they were. Damon says well, thanks for being honest. Ric walks, then turns back. Bonnie's undercover in a psych ward in Nashville. You might have better luck winning her back.

Stefan cleaned up. Valerie was trying to write him a letter. She knew he wrote Caroline. She heard the fear that I was going to die for you. He says of course I was. She says you were afraid because you don't love me like I love you. I've never loved anyone like I love you, but that's not true for you. Now you get to make things right with Caroline. You never meant to hurt me, and loved me in your own way. If the world had been kinder to us... He says he's so sorry. She says don't be. It'll be good for me to find a life that's completely my own. I've never. She kisses him goodbye. Says you deserve to be happy, Stefan. Please be happy. He says you, too. She leaves.

Bonnie packing. Finds a letter in a book. Enzo arrives. They hug. She kisses him. She says it was just a scratch. She tells him about the vault. Now we just have to figure out what's inside and leverage it for my freedom. He says you can't take these anymore, love. They make you sick. She says I feel fine. He says I didn't know, but the Armory was experimenting on Mary Louise and she became very, very ill. She blew herself up because she knew she was dying. Bonnie says I'm going to die? He says I won't let that happen. You have my word. They cling to each other. Damon arrives with a bouquet. I'm sorry. I, um....I, uh.... She slams the door in his face.

Next ep - Damon offers Rayna help. A hit squad. Damon and Bonnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment