Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

#TheOriginals 3.18 - “The Devil Comes Here and Sighs”

“The Devil Comes Here and Sighs”

IT’S JAZZ FEST IN NEW ORLEANS — As the city celebrates its annual Jazz Fest, an unlikely team of Mikaelson foes joins forces to take Klaus (Joseph Morgan) hostage. Leading the charge to get their brother back, Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Freya (Riley Voelkel) face off against a powerful force like none they’ve ever seen before, while Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) and Cami (Leah Pipes) set their own risky plan in motion to rescue Klaus. Meanwhile, when Kol’s (guest star Nathaniel Buzolic) erratic behavior worsens, Davina (Danielle Campbell) has no choice but to turn to Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) and Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) for help. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Kyle Arrington & Michelle Paradise (#318). Original airdate 4/15/2016.

Episode 18:

Lucien fed on a woman. Aurora fed, too. He thinks of Paris, 1903. Champagne and dinner. A new chapter. Power. Domination. Vengeance. She says men rarely produce more than words. Lucien says he'll heap more suffering on Klaus's head. She says Klaus is your better. Lucien says I'm different now. Shows her the vial. My bite is lethal even to a Mikaelson. Ask poor Finn. Wait, you can't, I killed him. First, I wanted to make you this offer. Join me, Aurora. Become what I am. She says I could not enjoy your love or my revenge as long as my brother suffers. Lucien promises to get her Tristan back by the end of the day or relieve his suffering by killing Elijah. She grins.

Freya sketching. Klaus hovering. Elijah says the Ancestors are torturing Kol. How do we demolish Lucien? Klaus says the time for talking is done and leaves.

Music at the St. James. Davina brought Kol. He says I can't be here, it's a bad idea. She says magic won't affect you here. Step inside. Better? He says I owe you again. She says I have a way to fix this. He asks what she has in mind?

Nola Music Days. Klaus visits Cami. He's unable to enter. She put the lease in her neighbor's name and compelled her to forget. He says I only came to see you're safe. She says she's sorry about Finn. He says he'll find solace when Lucien is dead. She asks about Aurora. He says I don't care about Aurora. I care about you. But you've made your feelings perfectly clear. He leaves.

Klaus sees Lucien. Lucien disappears. Klaus has the Papa Tunde knife. Lucien attacks and throws him. Klaus says not bad. Lucien is stronger and faster. You cannot beat me. Klaus says defeated at the hands of a stable boy? I sincerely doubt it. Lucien says you're going to help me get Elijah. Klaus says I won't let you hurt my brother. Lucien says you don't have a choice and forces the knife into Klaus. Klaus collapses. Camille watched from around a corner.

**I hope her next step is to warn Elijah and Freya.

Vincent says try to remember. Did you hear voices, chants, a threat? Kol says they hate me because I'm a Mikaelson. Vincent says the Ancestors made a deal with Lucien. If I understand why... Kol says they're not reasonable. Vincent says Music Days was the one day when things were all good. Ancestors see Lucien as a weapon against vampires. Someone has to convince them there's a better way. He's helping because he feels he owes Davina.

Elijah says Freya, we're out of time. Knocking on the door. Hayley asks Freya to invite Camille in. She tells them Lucien took Klaus to the penthouse. Lucien texts Elijah to come alone immediately. Or Niklaus will die.

Klaus chained up. Knife pulled out of him. Lucien says nothing supernatural can escape those chains, not even you. How does it feel knowing you've been outdone by your better? Klaus says you're as delusional as her. I'll scatter your ashes in the same bog. Lucien says there's fear in his voice. Aurora says he's beaten. Not broken. She'll take this, and then I, too, shall be your better. Any idea what torment you'll endure then? I'll take such exquisite joy in killing you myself. Lucien excuses himself for his meeting. And darling, you may have your fun, but please keep Nik alive. I'd so hate to miss his death. He leaves.

Hayley confronts Elijah. Putting the compound in Freya's name was to make it impenetrable. Now you're going to pick a fight with a guy that can kill you? He says that does sound reckless. She says Be careful.

Vincent in the cemetery. Talking to the Ancestors. How can I lead if you jerk me around like a damn puppet? I need you to talk to me. Van says they won't answer you. Some Regent you turned out to be. Vincent says ask the Ancestors why they've joined with Lucien Castle. Van says your time as Regent is over. Starting now, I'm the Regent!

Aurora says when you bricked me in that tomb, did you ever think our roles would be reversed? Klaus says I still had hopes for us. She says your affections must run deep in deed. If I kissed you now, I would feel nothing. He says are you so certain? We burn brighter together than we ever did alone. And I would forgive everything if you'd only forgive me, my love. She laughs. You're quite desperate, aren't you? It's comical, even! He says do you think you could ever love that imbecile? She says Lucien is only a means to an end. Wouldn't be the first of his gifts I've accepted. He gave me this, after all. Klaus says whatever hatred is between us, to spend an eternity without me would torment you. She says you're wrong, and drinks from the vial.

Music on the streets. Elijah enters an empty club. Lucien greets him. Nothing compares with watching Ella and Louie live. Elijah says give me my brother. Lucien says tell me how to find Tristan or I'll kill you.

Aurora says how would you like to see me burn? Klaus says wouldn't you like to torture me a while longer? Becoming like Lucien will only add to your misery. None of us can save you from yourself. She says hold your wicked tongue or I shall.... Klaus says you will live forever, unloved, pathetic, and you unable to end it. She says if I should suffer through it, so should you, and hurts him again.

Camille and Hayley. Camille's afraid she's a liability. Hayley says turn fear into anger or leave it at the door, but you control your emotions, meaning you're one step ahead of Aurora.

Lucien pokes Elijah to answer. Elijah says you've become...an errand boy to that banshee? Lucien says your arrogance knows no bounds. Your family is doomed. Elijah says I have no idea where he is. And I suspect you don't really care. Lucien never liked him (Tristan), but, I can tell Aurora I tried. He hits Elijah.

Davina and Kol dancing. She says we're going to be okay. Once we deal with the Ancestors, we'll have that date we wanted. Kol is freaking out, hearing heartbeats. Magic works in the St. James. Marcel intercepts and breaks Kol's neck. Help Vincent at the cemetery. Go!

Elijah says give me my brother. I won't ask again. Lucien says know when you're beaten. He's in a magic trap. It hurts. Freya says the sigil will bind you, weaken you. I may not be able to kill you, but I can make you wish you were dead.

Aurora says nothing more to say? She's ready to stake herself. And then....I'll silence you permanently. Elevator dings. We have company. She opens the doors. Camille. Aurora says this day gets better and better.

Aurora asks how's vampirism treating you? Camille says I came to express my gratitude. She's got a knife. Aurora is not impressed. You didn't think this through. Camille says we did. Hayley almost kills Aurora. Klaus says stop! She drank the serum.

Kol wakes. Marcel gives him blood.

Davina in the cemetery. Vincent tells her not to touch that! That's a very dangerous spell made by Van, the new Regent. She says we have to stop this now! We can channel each other. They join hands and chant.

Kol wants to leave. Marcel says I can't let you. Not when you're like this. Kol grabs him.

They keep chanting.

Marcel says the Ancestors won't stop. You have to get out of the city where they can't reach you. Longer you stay, the more dangerous you are to everyone, including Davina.

Davina and Vincent manage to make enough headway against the St. James anti-spell.

Kol lets go. Says I would never, never hurt Davina. Marcel says then do the right thing. Go and don't come back.

**ouch. Poor star-crossed lovers.

Lucien stands. Freya, this is a truly valiant effort. You never fail to impress. She says she has all kinds of tricks. The Strix enter. Lucien says I can kill anything. Even them. Even you. The Ancestors will not allow me to be detained.

Aurora says what a conundrum. Which one should I kill first? He says I'm the one you hate. Camille says I'm right here. Aurora grabs her. Klaus pleads. Aurora pushes Cami at the barrier.

Freya chants at Lucien.

Camille's bleeding from the eyes.

Freya chanting. Elijah tosses Lucien and escapes with Freya.

Aurora says she almost feels sorry for Camille. Camille and Hayley get Aurora vulnerable so Camille can inject her and knock her out. Klaus relaxes in relief and grins at them. Has he figured out that Camille loves him, after all?

Marcel drinking at the bar. Davina asks if Kol's okay? Marcel says he's gone, D. She asks why? He says Kol had to leave to keep you safe. this is the first time he's ever done the right thing. She weeps. He holds her.

Kol in a car. Hungry. Phone rings. He leaves the city limit. Slows down. But now he's desiccating! He stops the car and gets back within the limit. He's alive, but hungry again. And angry!!

Penthouse. Lucien comes home. No Aurora. No Klaus. He watches the security video. Sees her say he'll never be more than a means to an end.

Family. Freya says Aurora will stay down long enough to examine her blood. Hayley tells Klaus that Cami is the one you should thank. What she says doesn't stop how she feels.

Camille's. Lucien knocks. You were quite the hero today. She says you can't come in. He says of course not. Neighbors are close by. A reliable person. Stephanie just down the hall. He's already killed her. So you see, I can come in. He breaks her door. And bites her!

Next ep - Camille dying, and tells Klaus she loves him. He says you're not dying today! April 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment