Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

#BATB 4.7 - "Point of No Return" Recap

“Point of No Return”

VINCENT GOES INTO HIDING – With Vincent (Jay Ryan) in hiding and Cat’s (Kristin Kreuk) job on the line, they must re-group about how to bring down the people hunting beasts. Vincent tries to infiltrate a private army, while Cat scrambles to obtain information and hopes that no one at work discovers her ulterior motives. Austin Basis, Nina Lisandrello, Michael Roark, and Nicole Gale Anderson also star. Jill Carter directed the episode, written by Gillian Horvath (#407). Original airdate 7/14/2016.

Episode 7:

Cat standing at a window. Vincent comes home. Hey, babe. She's been so worried. He asks why? She says DHS is looking for you. You have to get out of here. He says I'm innocent. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not giving up on what we've worked for. She says this is different, this is worse, you need to get out of here. Officers rush in. He Beasts. They shoot.

Vincent wakes up in the woods. Dogs barking. He grabs his stuff and leaps into the trees.

Cat says she has no idea where he is. And it was self-defense. Agent wants hours and expects her full cooperation. The truth. Why do you think Hill set up your husband? She says we thought we were helping. We had no idea Hill would do this. Agent wants real answers. DHS will keep this quiet, and I'm under a lot of pressure to find your husband and figure out what's really going on here. So you're either with us or against us.

JT is looking for JT with Cat's authorization. Tess tells him to turn it off. DHS is keeping the manhunt out of the public eye. They'll do whatever it takes. You need to make sure you're alright. If they find out you're covering-- She's worried about all of us. Heather hasn't called. DHS knocks on his door. He hangs up. Agent Duffy has a warrant to impound his computers. And they want him to come in and answer questions.

DHS. JT is brought to the boss. JT says he hasn't seen Vincent in days. They offer coffee. Heather's in the office. Oh boy.

Cat answers at her office. Tess. They have JT and Heather. It's really bad, Cat. Catherine hasn't heard anything from Vincent. She's scared. DHS doesn't care about taking him in alive. Tess agrees. They're keeping everything under wraps. Lay low and wait for Vincent. Unless you want to tell DHS the truth. Cat isn't into it. Been there, burned by that. She's whisked out of her chair.

Screaming. LOL. She might throw up. Vincent encourages her to breathe. She asks a lot of questions. He says he's so sorry about this. She says it was self-defense, not his fault. He asks What does DHS know? She says nothing about the truth. He says there has to be a trail of Hill's actions. He hired assassins. Cat says DHS grabbed it all, including the encrypted files about Beasts. They'll never trust her to look. He says you have to find a way. You have to get back in. They'll trust you if you throw me under the bus. You got to. Otherwise.....we won't stand a chance. We deserve better than this. We deserve to be back on our damn honeymoon. She's realizing it. Kisses and he leaves. Helicopter inbound.

Tess thinks it's crazy. They make people disappear. Cat will pretend to cooperate with the investigation. It's tricky. Tess says it's impossible. This is not a good plan. Think about yourself before it's too late. There has to be some other way. Can you talk later in person? Yeah. JT and Heather are fine. Didn't say anything. Cat ends the call.

Heather finds Kyle. So sorry about last night. Long story. He asks if it's about Vincent? Homeland Security is asking questions around here. What's going on? She can't tell him. He asks if she's in trouble? She doesn't think so. He can't help her if she won't let him in. He gets paged.

JT on the phone. Ordering new computers. Phone rings in his place. In his pocket. He answers. Vincent. Are you alright? I stole your wallet, too. Needed cash. I'll pay you back. I need medical supplies. I'll text you a list. I'm about to hurt someone else. He's baiting a bounty hunter. Tahmoh Penikett arrives. Vincent knocks him out. Vincent says to JT to meet at Cat's office. 1 o'clock sharp.

Cat knocks at the boss's office. My husband doesn't trust you, the gov't, for many reasons. He will do anything to prove his innocence. He's troubled. I love my husband, but he needs help. He should've trusted me. Now he just looks guilty. He will not give up without a fight. That's why I came back. I don't want to be a widow. He asks what does she want to do? She wants to find proof Hill set him up. If he thinks you're looking into it, maybe he'll trust you enough to bring you in alive.

Boss tells the other agent to play this out. Give Catherine access. Either way, she'll lead us to Keller.

JT is in. Vincent tells him to sit. Hold on to the bag tight. JT asks Now what? Vincent speeds in and picks him up. Spinning chair again.

Under the trains. JT offers to get supplies. Vincent says it's temporary. I want my life back. JT says if we even can. Vincent is insistent. Give me the bag. Bounty hunter tied up. Looks nervous. I'm not telling you who sent me. JT says you can't go around kidnapping people and beating them up, it's not right. Hunter says kill me or I'll kill you. JT says you're crossing the line here. Vincent say this is the only way. Stay, or back off.

Tess and Cat meet. Cat thinks Morgan bought it. Enough. She got the files. I need your help with Hill's personal files. Wire transfers. I need you to help find who that money went to. Tess says I love you, but....think long and hard about what's going on here, and how long. 4 years. Someone is always after Vincent. You're enabling him. You're breaking the law again. And the worst of it is it's never-ending. How long can you justify this. Maybe it's time to break the chain. Bring Vincent in. Trust the system. It might save Vincent's life.

Bounty hunter talking about teen sins. Vincent got a name of a security firm. JT says they're like Blackwater. Vincent knows he'll need to earn their trust first. JT says we need to think this through. Phone buzzes. Vincent says that's Cat. if he moves, you know what to do.

Cat at the river. Vincent speeds in, spooks her. Sorry. She brought food. Got a lead. Hill wired installments to Gretel Security. He says They won't say why they were hired or by who. She suggests not doing this on our own. Maybe Agent Morgan would investigate Gretel. He says turning myself in is not an option. Gretel is not into due process. She says it's only enough time until DHS catches you. Vincent insists he can get into Gretel. She isn't willing to take this risk. When does this ever end? He promises he'll end this. Walks away.

Vincent carrying the bounty hunter into the office. I'm here to see his boss. Heh.

**Our mild-mannered doctor is reverting to old ways. Understandable, considering the 10 years of running from Muirfield, and the corruption in the FBI.

Vincent waiting. Man says that was a pretty ballsy move, walking in that way. Why? Who are you? What do you want? Vincent mentions Hill. Man says now you're here for what, revenge? Vincent says no. I'm here to make sure I'm not a target now. Man is curious why Hill was interested in the first place. Why are you here? Vincent says I can't keep running. I need a place to stay. The man chuckles. Vincent says I can be an asset. Earn my keep. I know you checked out my credentials. Man says you have the right skill set, but I don't trust you. More specifically, I don't trust your wife. For all I know, you're working for DHS trying to dig up dirt on Greydahl. I can't risk that. Sorry.

Cat's apartment bugged. Tess and Heather arrive. Cat says I saw Vincent last night. He's more determined than ever to prove he's innocent. That's why I wanted to talk to you. I love him, but I'm afraid for him. He won't let me help him. Heather asks if you really want to turn him in? Cat says no, I don't want to betray him, but if something happens to him and I could've saved him, I couldn't live with myself. They ask what are you going to do? Cat doesn't know, but thinks can't continue this way.

The listener says Get Morgan. Might have something.

Cat and Agent Morgan meet. She says it was self-defense. But I'm afraid Vincent will cross a line unless I do something fast. He asks if she can really do something. She says yes. Because he trusts me. Promise you won't hurt him. He says as long as he surrenders peacefully, and this isn't a trick. She leaves Vincent a message to meet.

They're at the river again. Hug and kiss. He asks if she's okay. Her heart beating fast. He asks what's wrong? She says I'm worried about you. he says I'm fine. She says no. You're not, we're not. I want you to turn yourself in. Listen, I'm begging you. I can't turn my back on the law anymore. Morgan has promised to follow up, but you have to turn yourself in first. Trust me. This is the only way. He hears the agents. Backs away from her. They close in. Vincent can't believe she did this to him, to them. He speeds away. Agents search for him. She's more worried than ever now.

**Only 9 minutes left and counting! How much of this is still the plan? He wanted her to gain their trust and offer him up, but that seemed pretty real.....

The bar. JT staring at the phone. Tess with him. He's worried. Haven't seen Vincent like this since......time I never want to see again. Cat arrives. Tess asks if Morgan believed her? Cat says yes. JT asks if Vincent bought it? She doesn't know. JT says you never let Vincent in on the plan? She couldn't. Had to trust he could sense it. But she's not sure. Cat says maybe we should've turned him in for real. Tess hopes she made the right choice, because I can't help you now. Cat is really scared. For real.

Heather waiting for Kyle. In tears. It's been a really long week, and everything is falling apart. Kyle presses her to tell the truth. Don't! She says Vincent's undercover for Homeland Security. No one can know. He asks why Vincent? She doesn't know. You have to promise me to keep the secret, too, okay? He thanks her for telling him.

Cat comes into the old cave. Liam's hideout. Vincent there. She says you're not mad at me? He says not unless you're really bringing me in. She isn't. You wouldn't trust anyone to fix this but us and I couldn't have Morgan questioning me anymore. Looks at this place. He says it's temporary. She says this is how we met, only now we're both in hiding. Vincent says it's fine, we're both in. She says on opposite sides of the law. It'll blow up in our faces if we're not careful. Have to figure this out fast. We can't keep living like this. He knows. Holds her.

next week - reuniting. Vincent is in. And working with an assassin.

No comments:

Post a Comment