Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

#SPN 12.4 live blog - "American Nightmare" #Supernatural

“American Nightmare”

OFF THE GRID – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a case that leads them to a devout religious family that lives off the grid. The brothers realize that the parents are hiding a huge secret that could destroy them all. Meanwhile, Dean struggles to accept Mary’s (guest star Samantha Smith) latest decision. Davy Perez wrote the episode directed by John Showalter (#1204). Original airdate 11/3/2016.

Episode 4:

Church. Woman praying. Mason City, Iowa. A young woman walks in with pierced feet and hands. Stigmata. She's being whipped by something unseen Bleeding out of one ear. She collapses with wounds on her forehead, as well.

Sam and Dean in the church. They talk to the father about Olivia Sanchez. He talked to the cops and press, but doesn't want to share with them. She was a good person and I watched her get flayed alive by an invisible force. Dean asks about black smoke, sulfur.

Sam and Dean wonder what caused it. Dean looks at a child lighting a candle.

Dean calls Cas. Texts his mother. Sam returns with coffee. Dean says it's not a rogue angel. Cas is hunting Lucifer with Crowley. Lucifer in Vince Vicente. Sam thought Vince wasn't horrible. Rowena blasted Lucifer to the bottom of the ocean. Sam was right about the Aramaic. Save me, oh God.

The morgue. Dean shoos the coroner out. tough on Carl, don't you think? You okay? Ever since Mom left, you've been cranky. You wouldn't even make a pit stop. Dean reads the report. Stigmata. Gets weirder. Skull was filled with a goopy mush. What can do all that? Got nothing. Me, either. Dean says focus on the case and less Dr. Phil crap.

They visit Olivia's office. She was my boss. Did she kill herself? Sam says we're working on it. Was she acting strange the day she died? Woman says Olivia had migraines. Child Protective Services gets threats all the time. Sam asks to look at the case files.

Dean says that was easy. He thinks the Wiccan did this. Sam says there were no hex bags. We need proof. Into the car.

Joe's Market. Night. Kid gets whipped. Starts speaking Aramaic. He dies like Olivia.

Dean and Sam at the scene. Sam checked the route against Olivia's case files. Got a match. The Petersons. They're weird. Hardcore religious. Their oldest girl got pneumonia in the past and they wouldn't let a doctor treat her. She died. Boys head to the house.

There's a gate. Dean clumsily climbs over. Sam goes around. The house is completely off the grid. Sam says about yesterday. You and Mom. Dean says she bailed on us. Sam says she needs space. We've been there. Dean doesn't know if she'll come back. Zero interest in keeping this family together. They meet a man.

Talk to Mr. and Mrs. Peterson. Your previous case worker passed away. She visited every few months. They didn't like Beth. Olivia at least believed on God. Do you know God, gentlemen? Dean says we're besties. LOL. Mr. Peterson asks for a favor.

A motorcycle arrives at the car. Checks the license plate. Drives away.

Mr. Peterson used to be a computer programmer until 5 years ago. Putting a wheel back on a buggy.

Sam with the wife. She brings lemonade. He's looking at the family photos. Their family was very unhappy in the past. God showed them a better way. I was in a car accident and almost died. Nerves in my lower body were damaged. No one could stop the pain. When things were at their worst, I heard God's voice and he said go live a life of simplicity and your pain will be taken away. Sam asks about Ricky the delivery boy. She says he comes by once a week. Sam says he's dead, too. She says I see. He says that's it? She says God has a plan for us all. He asks if the daughter was God's plan. She says yes. He says she didn't have to die. God doesn't care what life you live and God didn't kill your daughter. You did. Mr. Peterson says you should go.

To the car. Sam thinks it's a ghost. Dean thinks It's Beth. Sam says the woman is disturbed. Dean says they're good people. They split up.

Father and son with the horse. Mrs. Peterson goes back in the house. She enters a closet. Camera pans to the Basement. A young woman beaten and singing I've got Joy in my heart. The daughter lying on the floor in front of an altar. Her back has whipping wounds.

Mrs. Peterson enters the basement. The daughter in chains. What did you do? Nothing. Liar. That woman, that boy, you killed them. What? No. She slaps her daughter. I have tried to keep the Devil locked away, but you et him out. Now he's doing his work through you. Confess your sins. Pray for forgiveness. She self-flogs.

The brother peers in a window.

Sam on the property at night. Looking in the barn. Mr. Peterson is outside, in the barn. Boy with him. Sam hides. Mom's with Magda. She's hurting her. Mr. Peterson says don't let the Devil deceive you. Anyone found out about her, they'd come for her. I love your sister, but you know what she can do. She's our cross to bear. They leave the barn. Sam comes out. No signal on his phone.

Dean surprises Beth. Working late. She asks if she can help him. He asks how she's liking the new gig. She hates it. You make more, but you work more. All the screw-ups are on you. Being the boss sucks. Nobody wants this job. Don't know how Olivia did it. She asks why he's here?

Magda flogging while her mother chants. Sam watches through the window. Magda told to keep whipping herself.

Sam and Dean on the phone. Magda is not dead! She's alive! Kid pulls a gun on Sam. Sam says I can help your sister. Trust me here. Sam knocked out. Again.

Dean hurries to the car. Peels out.

Magda humming again. Sam wakes up with her. Magda. Magda Peterson? She says it's not my name. I'm the Devil. Sam says no, you're not, really not. She says he's inside me. He lets me hear what people are thinking. Do things. What things? Sam is here to help her. Show me, please. She looks to the cross and closes her eyes. It floats.

Sam's phone rings. The Petersons want to leave tonight.

Sam says you're just psychic. There are others like you. Like me. I had powers. It made me who I am. She says then you are evil. Mother says I'm evil because I hurt people. I didn't mean it. She was pretty and smiled. I thought she could help me. I could hear her thoughts. I thought I could make her hear mine. I prayed. I reached out to her. But she never came. I did it again with the delivery boy. Mother says I killed them. Sam says that wasn't your fault. You're not evil. It's scary, but you can learn to control it. you don't have to hurt anyone ever again. Petersons says it's time for supper.

Sam tied o the table. Sam pleads with the father. They says we know the devil. We've been wrestling with her for years. Sam says it wasn't her fault. Mother says they weren't the first. Tell him. Magda wanted a new cellphone. She screamed at me. I yanked the wheel into oncoming traffic. She did this to me. We're protecting you by keeping her here. Sam pleads. She says it's time. They hold hands and say grace. Sam struggles against the ropes. The family eats. Mr. Peterson foams at the mouth. She poisoned the food. He dies. It's rat poison. She tells the kids to eat. We'll enter Heaven as a family. Eat! Sam pleads with Elijah to not eat that! She keeps yelling at him. Magda screams. Tosses all the plates. Mother stabs Elijah when he protects her. Magda calls her mother the Devil and takes control of her knife hand. Sam pleads with her to stop. No one else has to die. Please! Magda stops at the last moment.

Police and ambulance at the house. Mrs. Peterson still ranting. Dean and Sam. Sam asks Magda how she is? She says she called her aunt in California. She has a ranch. Dean says sometimes a person needs space. Beth asks to talk to him. Sam sits with Magda. It doesn't feel like it now, but you'll be alright. you can do this. That power doesn't control you. You control it. If you need anything, call me, okay? I'll be there. She leans on him.

Dean and Sam leaving. Sam thinks Magda deserves a second chance. Beth gave Dean her number. Sam asks if he meant what he said. Dean says you were right. Mom left and I hate it, but I get it. I'll try to be less of a dick about it. He gets a text. I'll always be MOM. Tell Sam I love you boys.

Santa Cruz Bus stops in Missouri. Magda heads to a restroom. She's followed by a man with a cross tattoo and gun. He follows her in and assassinates her. Mr. Kench cleans up the Winchester's mess, he tells someone on the phone.

Next ep - Cursed pocket watch. Dean has a grenade launcher!
Come discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment