Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

#TVD 8.5 - “Coming Home Was A Mistake”

“Coming Home Was A Mistake”

WHEN TRAGEDY STRIKES TOO CLOSE TO HOME — Spiraling down a dangerous path of self-destruction, Damon’s (Ian Somerhalder) latest actions prove he may be beyond the point of return. Unwilling to give up on his brother, Stefan (Paul Wesley) is forced to make a gut-wrenching decision that threatens to change their relationship forever. Elsewhere, Bonnie (Kat Graham) gets advice from Caroline (Candice King) on how to break through to Enzo (Michael Malarkey), while Matt (Zach Roerig) attempts to decipher a mysterious box of messages that he’s received. Finally, after tragedy strikes close to home, Stefan and the others are forced to remember what matters most to them. Matt Davis also stars. James Thompson directed the episode written by Celine Geiger (#805). Original airdate 11/18/2016.

Episode 5:

Image credit: The CW

The casket being driven home in Matt's truck.

Caroline and Stefan in the kitchen. Phone rings.

Bonnie at the cabin with Enzo. Phone buzzes. Matt.

Ric's house, with the girls. Tea party. Phone rings. Matt.

Matt and Caroline. And Stefan. Looking at Tyler in the coffin.

Dear Elena, I don't know where to start. Ric writing. Seline sits with him. She's happy to take the girls for the day. He thanks her. He was family. She lost her family, too. A sister, we're estranged. Ric says Tyler was the only Lockwood left, and now a legacy is gone. She says I'm sure he's at peace. She'll take the twins to a carnival. Girls ask her to play.

Stefan throws a glass in the fireplace. Tyler deserved to be more than collateral damage in the game Sybil's playing with Damon. Caroline hadn't talked to him for months. Always assumed Tyler would be out there. Stefan is at a loss with Damon. She says the best thing to do is mourn Tyler with your friends. We owe him that.

Enzo asks Bonnie is something's wrong. She says she's fine. He heard the call. Set me free, Bonnie. Set us both free. I'll take you on a proper date. Paris. You can fix me, fix us. She cuts him loose. He calls her his saving grace and tries to run. He can't leave. Are you a witch again? She says no, she used a dark object. Flame of Imprisonment. I'm the only one who can put it out. I won't unless you turn on your humanity. Tyler is dead and I won't lose you, too.

Sybil laying on the floor. And doing yoga. Ric strikes the fork. She says so not zen. He says that's for Tyler. She says that was Damon. He asks about Georgie. She says her psychic ability has been neutralized. Ric set up a sound system to put her in pain 24/7.

He tells an intern to strike the fork every hour. Also tells the guy to look for Georgie. Call me if anything strange happens.

Carrying the casket to the cemetery in the woods. Several open graves. Damon wondered when they'd show up. Got a little carried away about the whole ripping the throat out thing. Stefan preps a stake. Damon says go ahead, but first, take your pick, because I'm going to bury every one of you.

**Starting to wonder if the writers plan to give Damon an unhappy ending of punishment for his actions since his actions keep ramping up into being unforgivable by the others. Even if Elena gave him a pass because of Sybil, she'd lose her friends that want him dead for all he's doing. You can go too far even in a supernatural world.

Damon grabs Matt first. He feeds Mat blood and threatens to make him a vampire. Damon says the devil knows what Caroline did. Ric says what happened to you? you're different. Caroline says go, Damon. No one wants you here. Damon wants it clear that the ties are severed and there's no hope of rescuing him.

Bonnie didn't leave the cabin. She's on the phone with Caroline. Nothing's working on Enzo so far. What brought your humanity back? Caroline said I had to face my biggest fear. Reminded my mother loved me and want to live up to that. Bonnie says that helps. Caroline says we'll give Tyler a proper goodbye when this is over.

Enzo taunting Bonnie. He calls the human side inferior. She disagrees. He says it's too late for you. you missed out on the funeral. She'll be back. He'll still be here, thanks to you.

Ric says this is not Damon. With Stefan and Caroline. Stefan says once Damon realizes what he's done, what Elena will think of him, he may not recover. We need to put him down. As long as we need to. For his own good. The only way to protect ourselves.

Damon visits Sybil in the armory. I want answers. You're still in my head. None of this is for me. I do things to make you happy and I don't know why. She says regret implies you're not a loyal servant. You're upset. Troubled, hostile. You're not completely mine. You felt a flash of pain when you killed Tyler Lockwood. Your humanity is riding the dimmer switch. Feels terrible, doesn't it. And Elena's reaction, let's not think about that. Me, I'd prefer the dimmer down. Total abandonment. He yells at her to shut up. What do you want from me? She says I want all of you. I can't while you still have emotional ties to your past. Go see your brother. Let him make you feel everything. Maybe you'll find some small happiness before death delivers you to Cade.

Matt at Tyler's. His dad brings in a box from the Armory. Matt wants it all packed. I'm an expert at loss. Started at a young age. Sorry. Tyler and this place and the fact I have vampire in my blood and if I die in the next 24 hours, I'll become one. His dad asks how did this all happen. Matt says this was what I wanted to escape. Forgive me if I'm not in the mood to give you a history lesson. He sits with the box. Letter from Tyler. I'm dead, but I need your help finding someone. Images of Seline!

Ric in the Armory. Map. 35 miles. I walked the distance of the tunnel in a few hours. Maybe 7 miles? Who built the tunnels and why? Georgie's stuff is in her room. Ric says call the police and make a missing persons report. Intern asks if he'll ever tell him what this is all about? One day.

Seline with the girls. She hums and charms the man to give the girls a goldfish at a game. It's a dead fish. We'll take him home and give him a proper burial.

Caroline and Stefan. Damon texted him to meet at the carnival. She offers help. He has to do this on his own. She reminds him this is the right thing. He says I might lose him forever. She says you already lost him.

Enzo in the cabin. Bonnie returns. Enzo decorated. Playing music. She says screw you. He says romance is saccharine. I kept you safe for 3 years, then you tried to kill me. Maybe about to again? She's dousing the cabin in gas. He says he's not afraid of fire. She says you're afraid of being abandoned. Everyone leaves. No one stays. I'm not going anywhere. He suggests this is extreme. She says Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'd rather burn alive than abandon you. She lights the gas.

Stefan at the carnival. People evacuating for a gas leak. Damon. Hello, brother. Stefan, I need your help. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Stefan is surprised. Damon says that might've been a bit dramatic. Stefan says a bit late to take it back. Damon wants to stay away from hell as long as possible. Stefan will help if you let me. Damon doesn't want to turn it back on. I'm hellbound. Why, knowing what I know, would I feel again? Stefan says if we can't feel, what's the point of being alive? Damon says exactly. Stefan says no, not buying it. Come home. I'll be here for you. Damon says I can't, I ruined everything. Stefan says I'm your brother and I love you. Damon says no. Catches the vervain. dart. Caroline shoots him in the back. Damon face down.

Enzo's not impressed. Bonnie coughing. I'm not leaving you. I'm not leaving you. He doesn't care. you're being stupid. She says I'm not leaving you. He says any other last words? She says I'm Not Leaving You. He says you're as good as dead. She knows. Collapses from lack of oxygen. He looks around. At her. Bonnie? Bonnie, wake up. He grabs her, picks her up.

Are we going to bury the fish? Selene says yes, in our own way. We're made of 2 parts, body and soul. When we die, Cade takes the soul away. The bodies need to be treated with dignity. Cade respects that. Let's show him what we did. We can call him. hold my hand. Girls took magic. Light the fire of the altar. I think you're ready. They ask for what? She says It's a surprise. They leave. There's a body in the midst of the fire. Probably Georgie's.

Bonnie wakes. Enzo is at the door, coughing. you came back to me. He says someone had to save you. It's my time. You love me more than anyone. It's enough. She's not leaving him. Puts out the fire. He gets her out of the cabin. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. She says it's okay. He almost killed her. She says I'm here. You're okay, and you're stuck with me forever. I'm never leaving you. He kisses her. Holds her close.

**Um.....Bonnie, you're still mortal, and he's not. You have 40, maybe 60 years. 80 if your body decides to be really amazing and go past 100 years old. If she became a vampire and died, would that death be enough to wake Elena? Bonnie's not a witch anymore, so it's not like she has power to lose by losing mortality. To stay with Enzo indefinitely, she'd probably agree to be turned eventually.

Stefan chains Damon in a coffin. I'm sorry. Closes it. In the crypt?

Matt with the Selene material. Dad asks what's all this? You don't want to know. Yes. Matt tells him Tyler was helping Virginia St. John. She willed all this to Tyler, then he died, and now... I'm not the right guy. I ran away. He knew that. Dad says maybe he knew what I see - you're brave, fearless, impossibly resilient, and you got here all on your own. Matt puts the papers back in the trunk.

Phone ringing. Police calling the intern. Georgina Dowling was a contact. You should come down here.

Sybil tests the wall. hums. Fork is still. She cracks the glass. Sirens blaring. She escapes the Armory. Picks up the fork and grins.

Gathered at the carnival at night. Bonnie and Enzo arrive to the group. Stefan called everyone to honor Tyler. Ric says he was strong in the face of so much loss. Enzo says he fought the darkness and won. I respected that. Bonnie says he was willing to sacrifice for all of us. Matt says he was my best friend. Caroline says he was more than a small town kid. I loved him. We all did. Stefan says we can't forget what we mean to one another. Few years ago, I sat on that Ferris wheel with Elena and told her how important it was to appreciate these moments because moments are all we have. In honor of Tyler and Elena, we need to remember to live. He turns the lights on. Ric writes to Elena. I missed you today. it was a bad one in a long series of bad one. But you'd like how we came out of it. I think you'd be proud.

Caroline and Stefan. I'm going to be your wife. Means helping you and protecting you and saving you. I didn't know how I'd get through being a vampire and you told me you're strong enough. get through it every day. Stefan, you're strong enough, and I'll be here to remind you.

Ric on the phone with Selene. She says the girls keep her feeling young.

Damon freed by Sybil! He saw the truth. Feelings make you weak. I'm done feeling. She's happy. It'll be fun, I promise. He says he's all her. She says you must be starving. She brought dinner. He feeds on a man.

Caroline and Matt. She's happy he's back. He apologizes for being MIA. He asks about the girls. She shows him photos. Selene. The nanny. He says you need to get home now.

They rush to the house, calling for the girls. No girls. Caroline finds a paper. Drawing of Cade and Selene and the twins.

Next ep - Caroline will kill Damon for her girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment