Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

#SPN 12.6 - “Celebrating The Life Of Asa Fox” #Supernatural live blog

“Celebrating The Life Of Asa Fox”

THREE WINCHESTERS ARE BETTER THAN ONE – When hunters gather together to celebrate the life and tragic death of one of their own, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), and Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) must take action when a demon starts picking off hunters one by one. John Bedham directed the episode written by Steven Yockey (#1206). Original airdate 11/17/2016.

Episode 6:

Emerson, Manitoba, 1980. Boy running through the woods. Falls. He's grabbed by a monster man. Monster is shot by Mary. Nice car. She drove the boy home. Words are helpful, and names, like me. I'm Mary Winchester. Boy is Fox. He asks what was that thing? She says a werewolf. We had history. You kill werewolves? I hunted a lot of bad things. I'm retiring. He asks who will save people like me? She asks if his mom is in here and cleans him up a little. go on.

Fox takes a Polaroid of her getting in the car and puts it on his cork board. Writes a postcard. Researches monster incidents. Makes his own shotgun loads. He's a hunter. And also makes out with girls during his travels.

More work over the years. Hung in the woods!! Oh no.

Jody's day off. Someone knocks. Sam and Dean. Wow, you look terrible, what's wrong? They just finished a hunt nearby. She says girls are at a radiohead concert in Omaha. Dean says I killed Hitler. Thank you? you're welcome. She feeds them and watches rom coms on Netflix. Sam says Dean is into Japanese animated erotic movies. Phone rings.

Jody says a friend of mine died. Asa Fox. Sam said the guy Ellen told stories about. Jody said he passed through, and we'd grab coffee and stuff. he was a good man. The wake's tonight. They'll salt and burn the body tomorrow. They offer to come with her. She says she'll be fine. Sam knows that, but. Dean says it'd be a favor if we tag along. She tells them to clean up before we spend 5 hours in a car together. Where?

Canada. That's a big house. She says family home. Asa's just a guy. Lots of people and loud music inside. Jody greeted by a woman. The mom. Sam says we're very sorry for your loss. She knows. Everyone's sorry.

Home brewed beer. Dean tries it. Likes it. Introduces himself. Aren't you dead like 4 times. You're brother here? Guy runs off to find him. Elvis. Bucky Simms. Randy. More hunters. Dean heard stories. No one can take 5 wendigos. Magic word - you drink. Bucky says you should here what they say about you.

Sam meets hunters raised by a good witch. Elvis finds Sam. Garth said you were possessed by Lucifer and you lived! Witch kids say you don't ask someone about that. Back off. Sam excuses himself for a beer. LOL.

Dean checking out Asa's stuff in his office. Sam says people tell stories about us. Dean says yep. Sam says then the guy died hung in the woods. Dean says dying on the job, no better way to go. This....only ends one way. Sam says we should get back. Dean says don't say wendigo to anyone. LOL.

People have left. Bucky telling stories about Asa. Jody was there. Jody and Asa? She says it was a casual thing. He was popular with the ladies. Jody says newsflash, dating is hard.

Randy goes for more beer. And gets his throat slit with a big knife! He's pulled into a room. Silent assassination type kill.

Someone enters the room. It's Mary. Door was open. Dean says hey.

Boys and Jody with Mom. Jody's surprised. Mary says I was. Wow. Wow! She hugs Mary. It's so nice to meet you! Wow. I'll give you some family time. Wow. Dean asks where you been? Mary says Lawrence, and she's used the journal to retrace a few things. Dean says you could've asked us. She knows, but she needed to do it alone. Most of the people I knew were dead, and then I remembered Asa, then I saw an article about his death. Dean's not impressed. Excuses himself.

Jody asks if he's okay. Swell. She says you neglected to mention your mom is back from the dead. This is epic stuff, but if I could have my son and husband really back, I'd give everything, and it would scare the hell out of me. What if I've changed? If they changed? What if it didn't work out the way I wanted? If you want to talk about anything, absolutely anything, I'm here.

Lorraine and Mary. Asa told her about Mary. How? It's a long story. Mary says I'm sorry. Lorraine says you should be. You're the reason my son didn't become an astronaut. Asa wrote these over the years but couldn't send them because you're so mysterious. Mary says I saved his life. Lorraine says after you, Asa was so.....hunting was his whole life. And now...enjoy the wake.

Sam finds Mary. She says all this is on me. Sam says he made his own decisions and he helped a lot of people. She doesn't know anymore. Everything feels wrong. But I'll get used to it. Sam says I get it. Do does Dean. We just...got you back, and he's scared we'll lose you again. But I know that's not true. You saved Asa in 1980. You couldn't stop then and you can't stop now, either. This life is crazy and insane, but it's in our blood. Come on. Where? Say goodbye to Asa. The body. Dripping blood! Randy is tied to a ceiling beam.

Sam says Randy's dead! We need to leave now. Water is shut off. Sulphur. Lights flashing. Crossroads demon. Killed Asa. Doors shut. Witch guy sees the wards. We're trapped.

Dean outside. Go away. Billie. What are you doing here? Her job. Dean says I'm not dead, yet. Billie was reaping a fresh soul inside.

Bucky talks about the case Asa did with the demon.

Dean tries to get in.

Demon came back for Asa. JL got into a woman Asa was seeing. Now he's here, possessing someone. Alisha? Dean wasn't in the room, either. She says throw holy water on me. Water is off.

Dean suspects Billie. She says it wasn't me. But she taunts him. Everyone dies.

Sam figures Dean is outside. Alisha coughing. Red eyes. Possessed. We'll have a good time tonight. Smokes out. Lorraine, is anyone else in the house? Jody says we'll pair off and search the house.

Dean says you got in. You can get me in. Do it! She says it's a one way ticket.

Elvis gives Lorraine a drink. Dean appears inside. Where is my brother? I'm not a demon. Elvis is possessed now.

Demon attacks Dean. Demon says Hell is a complete train wreck down there. Dean tries an exorcism and the demon breaks Elvis's neck and smokes out. People come back in. Lights go out. Flashlights, lighters. Sam's on a devil trap. Bucky lights candles. Dean lights candles.

Mary grabs the angel sword.

Working on the devil's trap. Jody lit candles. She tells Sam I think the demon's in your mom. She snuck out of the room. Where did she go? Dean asks what's going on? Jody says she's a demon! Kill her now! Sam says you don't sound like yourself. Dean says you're not, are you? Demon laughs. Can't blame a girl for trying.

Demon tosses Sam and Dean. Mary tries the angel blade. Demon knocks them all down. I've heard so many stories about the Winchesters! I so want the Lucifer story to be true. As for the rest of you, I know all about you! The twins.....too afraid to tell anyone they came to say goodbye to their daddy. Or the grieving mother that tried everything to keep him from hunting. Or this meatsuit that fantasized about a life with Asa. And you, Bucky. Tell these people what you took from me. Asa was mine! Sam tries chanting. Dean tries chanting. Twins chant. Bucky says I killed Asa! Mary finishes the chant. Demon smokes out. Sam goes to Jody. That....sucked. Lorraine asks Bucky what did you do?

Bucky says Asa was always so stubborn. We were in the woods. JL was taunting. Asa wanted to chase him. I said lets go back for the angel blade. We pushed each other and he hit his head. It was an accident. I didn't know what to do. Dean says so you hung your best friend to cover your own ass. Bucky asks what will you do with me? Twins says we'll tell everyone about you. This is the story they'll tell about you forever.

The dead are burned. Lorraine says I was wrong. Asa had a family. I've got grandchildren. I should meet them. Mary says sorry to Jody. Jody's had worse. Jody says I don't know what's going on between you and your boys, but they're good men. Best I've ever met. Mary knows. They're not the problem. Jody nods and walks away. Dean and Sam approach. Mom? You okay? Billie says she's really not. Now you owe me one. This one. this one right here. I'm a believer in what dies, stays dead. Mary didn't ask to come back. Billie says no, and you hate it. I've seen that look before. Dead man's look. Like you're all alone. Tell me I'm wrong. I'm not here to hurt you. I offer you mercy. One way ticket upstairs away from all this. Mary asks how? Kill me again? Reapers don't kill people. Rules. Mary says then.....I guess you'll have to wait. Billie is not happy. If you change your mind, any of you change your minds, you know my name. Sam asks if she's coming home. Yeah. Not quite yet. I need a little more time. Dean asks if they can buy her breakfast. Bacon? All the bacon. She'd love that. Sam walks her to the passenger seat.

Next ep - Dec 1. Lucifer is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment