Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

#TVD 8.12 - “What Are You?” live blog #vampirediaries

“What Are You?”
SAVING SOULS – In order to save Stefan’s (Paul Wesley) soul, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) makes a deal with Cade (guest star Wolé Parks) to retrieve the Maxwell journal. Alaric (Matt Davis) and Matt (Zach Roerig) refuse to hand the journal over as it may contain the key to destroying Cade. Caroline (Candice King) desperately tries to connect with Stefan before Cade goes through with his plan. Darren Genet directed the episode written by Chad Fiveash & James Stoteraux (#812). Original airdate 2/10/2017.

Episode 12:

Writing in a journal. Bell tolling. Fire.

Matt wakes from a dream. His feet are bloody. He goes through a door. Siren blaring. Alaric finds him. How'd you get in here. Are you okay?

Bonnie's phone. She's rocking in place. She answers it. She's crying. Damon trying to get her to speak. Bonnie, talk to me! She says Elena's okay. He says those aren't tears of joy, Bon. What's WRONG? She says he's gone, Enzo's gone. Your brother killed him. Damon is on his way. She says stay away. He says no, not until I know you're safe. I'll deal with Stefan. She says I already did. I gave him the cure. He's human now.

Stefan in a car flashbacking. Phone rings. Caroline. He answers. She's in a car. I talked to Damon and I know what happened to Enzo. He doesn't know how he can....every time I close my eyes, it plays out in my head. I open them and see Enzo's blood on my hands. She tells him to come home. He says I can't face you and I can't face Bonnie. Cop pulls him over. Cop approaches the car. Pulls a gun. Get out now! He cuffs Stefan. Caroline's still on the phone.

Matt and Alaric. Dorian called Alaric for help. Matt says I could hear the people screaming. Burning. Like I was there. Alaric thinks it's a nightmare. Dorian says maybe you were. This could be a witch talisman tied to the Maxwell bloodline. Maybe they were memories. Might explain how Matt slept walked into the tunnels. Dorian says you're linked to the skeleton we found. The Maxwell ancestor wrote about Bennett witches. Alaric gets a call. It's bad.

Damon drinking at home. Crushes the glass. Phone rings. He hasn't come back. Caroline says he's been arrested. Damon says that's good. His memories are doing a square dance in his head. He shouldn't be alone. I'll meet you there. Have you talked to Bonnie? Caroline has left messages. She won't answer. Damon says can you blame her? I'll call when I'm close. Cade is there. Offers condolences. I was referring to your brother. You and your brother are now free. Damon says I guess it's not that easy. Cade is free to end Stefan's life any time he chooses. I say midnight. Damon says you want something. Cade wants the Maxwell journal. Small price to pay to let Stefan live out his human life before he returns to me. Do we have a deal?

Stefan in jail. Cuffed in interrogation. Who's Olivia Hayden? Cop says waitress working her way through college until you decapitated her. Reads off more dead names. 32 murders in the last 2 months. Sure you don't have anything to say about that?

Bonnie hears Enzo's voice. Help me. Bonnie. Knock on the door. Mom? Caroline called me, told me what happened. I'm sorry. She says you didn't want to talk to her and hoped you would talk to me. Bonnie hugs her.

Stefan is released. You're free to go. Caroline thanks him. Please notify the other agents and officers this was all a terrible mixup. She hugs Stefan. Sees the photos. Stefan says this is me. She says this was Cade. He thinks he has to continue. She says the deal's off. You have until midnight and he wants you dead, but don't worry, Damon's on it.

Matt can't reach Bonnie. Damon comes to the Archive and asks for the book. Alaric stops him. Tell us the real reason you want it. Damon says I have 6 hours to save Stefan. Cade wants the book. Doesn't know why he wants it. Alaric says no. You don't get the book if you don't know why the Devil wants it. Damon says you'll have to kill me again to stop me. Alaric says fine, have it your way, and injects Damon.

Bonnie's mother sprinkling flower petals over Enzo's body. It's time. We have to return Enzo to the Earth. You have to say goodbye. Bonnie says he doesn't want me to. I still feel him. He's calling out to me. Or I'm losing my mind. Mom says you're grieving. Bonnie says no, I know grief. There has to be a way. you came back for a reason. Let this be it.

Caroline compels the evidence cop to erase all of Stefan from the system. Stefan sees a girl telling a cop about her missing mother. The woman Stefan made change the deed on Bonnie's house. I left her for dead in the trunk of a car. They won't find that body for weeks. The girl has no one. Caroline says let's go find her.

Damon wakes in a cell. The others have Matt hooked up. Alaric says we figure out why the journal is important to Cade, then it's all yours. We're going to induce the visions in Matt's head. He guides Matt into it. Picture yourself there and tell me what you see.

The bell. The house where the witches burned. Brand new. Mr. Maxwell and Ms. Bennett. The bell is complete. She deciphered the info hidden in the letter. Tomorrow, the bell will drive the beasts away. Sybil comes to him.

Matt says she wants Ethan to come with her. he can't resist her.

Stefan and Caroline searching for the car. He doesn't know how to deal. Don't know what to do. He spots the car. Opens the trunk. No body. Woman survived. There's a chance. He says for how much longer? Let's go.

**I suggest when they're close that Stefan does NOT show himself to that poor woman. Let Caroline help her. Be a Good Samaritan.

In the caves. A door. Room where you found the journal. Siren treasures. Tools, weapons. Sybil tells him about the legend of Arcadius. Selene shows up. Has the tuning fork. They're forcing Ethan to add it to the bell. 12th ring will unleash hellfire. You will not breathe a word of it.

Damon says cut to the chase! Impatient. Alaric says he can't control what he sees. Relax.

They do a seance for Enzo. Bonnie's scream after a rush of wind. Her mom says you're right, this is something different. You opened a door. Somewhere dark, filled with suffering and emptiness. hell? Don't know, but we need to close that door. Bonnie wants to free him. Mom says no. That darkness is reaching back to you. Bonnie hears Enzo and collapses.

Stefan finds Karen. She stabs him to protect herself. Stefan tells Caroline to save her, save her now. She gives blood to Karen. Then to Stefan. He spits it out. The Cure means she can't save him.

Witches are gathered for the ringing of the bell. Ethan can't warn the witch. I cannot say. He gives her a paper. I cannot say! An encoded message. She reads that the bell has been corrupted and the 12th ring will bring hellfire. Ethan rings the bell. The witch tries to warn them and get the witches to chant. The ringing puts them in pain but they chant to try to stop it. They seem to contain the fire.

Matt's struggling.

The witches are burning to stop the fire from spreading.

Matt's having a heart attack. Damon says give him my blood! Do it! Alaric lets him out. Matt's heart beats again.

Ethan and Bea are the only survivors. He holds her in her grief. Beatrice has a plan to stop the sirens. Into the caves. She chants at the sirens. Seals them in. Sybil says you made the bell and the blood is on your hands. You and Beatrice are doomed to Hell. Release Cade, then kill him. Beatrice says no. We cannot allow him to walk the Earth. The sirens make Ethan kill Beatrice. But Beatrice blasts him out and traps him in there. Ethan beats on the door. I know how to kill the Devil. I cannot say! I know how to kill the Devil but I cannot say. Do you understand?! He writes it in the journal in that room. Telling her the only way he can.

Matt is back. Where is the journal? Where's Damon?

**I figured Enzo's soul had a chance for Bonnie. Leaving her without a happy ending would be cruel.

Bonnie's mother douses Enzo's body with gas. She lights him. Bonnie wakes and screams. Her mom gets her out. I had to, baby. It was the only way. You opened that door. I will not let you destroy yourself! Bonnie says he's all alone in that darkness. Mom says he wouldn't want you to suffer. You have to let him go. You have to say goodbye.

Stefan gasping. Caroline says an ambulance is on the way. Stay with me. Stefan says it doesn't matter. I know where I belong. She says you're going to stay alive to make all this right. Stefan. Stefan!

Damon comes to Cade. Gives him the book. Cade thanks him. Your brother is free to live out his human life. Damon asks if anyone has earned their way out. Cade says I wouldn't want to give you false hope, and burns the journal. Walks out of the house.

**Matt's going to be really mad.

**If you kill Cade, what happens to hell? Cease to exist? Lets all the souls out on the Earth? If it freed everyone from all the years of it existing.........yikes.

Hospital. Stefan sits in the car. Caroline gets in. She brought him meds. He says I know it wasn't about the wedding. I didn't mean that. When I think about what our lives were supposed to be, I can't see it. We can't ignore we'll be living different futures. I have no idea how to make this right. She doesn't, either. But I know where you can start.

Matt greets Bonnie. I came to tell you how sorry I am about Enzo. Sorry doesn't change anything. There's nothing I can say or do. She doesn't think she can do this. He does. I think I know where you get that strength from. Our families go way back. Bonnie says if I had my magic, none of this would be happening, and I would've saved Enzo. He says try to find comfort in that Enzo loved you, and will always be with you. He kisses her head. Call if you need me. She thanks him.

Stefan comes home. Damon ask how it feels? Stefan says it hurts. Definitely hurts. Damon heard they pumped him full of 3 pints of blood. Hope you saved me some. Stefan says good thing that wasn't funny. Damon offers a drink. Stefan just wants to change clothes and go to Bonnie. Doesn't expect her to forgive him. Doesn't know what to say. Damon says she's a better person than me, so you might be surprised. Stefan thanks him for saving his life. Damon says no big deal. Like it's Tuesday. Stefan says it gives me the chance. Damon agrees. Stefan asks if there's a chance for redemption. Damon says absolutely. Get to it.

Dorian leaves. Damon comes to Alaric. I saved my brother, Rick. No apologies. he's human. All I can do is make sure it wasn't today. Alaric yells at him. Damon says it was an instruction manual to kill Cade. I know how it ends. Grab your blindfold and your headphones.

Stefan at Bonnie's house. He's tased by someone and kidnapped.

Damon says Sybil mentioned she had an insurance policy. I bet this is it. 60/40. A relic of Cade's creation that has the means to destroy him? Certain poetry to it. Damon wants to grab a bottle of bourbon and plan to kill the Devil. Kai walks in. What if I told you I have a better idea?

WHOA.

Next ep - how are you here? Kai wants to kill Cade. What if I brought back Elena?

No comments:

Post a Comment