Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

#TVD 8.13 - “The Lies Are Going To Catch Up With You” #vampirediaries live blog

“The Lies Are Going To Catch Up With You”

EVIL IN THE PAST – Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Alaric (Matt Davis) come face to face with an old enemy after they obtain a weapon that may be able to destroy Cade. Stefan (Paul Wesley) is held captive by a surprising acquaintance and is forced to confront a dark secret from his past. Meanwhile, Caroline (Candice King) and Matt (Zach Roerig) try to keep Stefan’s violent history from destroying him. Cade (guest star Wolé Parks) focuses his attention on Bonnie (Kat Graham) and digs deep into her mind. Tony Solomons directed the episode written by Neil Reynolds (#813). Original airdate 2/17/2017.

Episode 13:

3 days ago. The bell ringing.

Kai runs into the restaurant. Smoking. Is it too late to order food? Kai orders practically everything. But food doesn't taste like anything. Why can't I taste anything? He rages. Stabs a knife into his hand and can't feel anything. I'm not here. I'm not alive. He kills a waiter. At least I felt that. Magic still works.

With Ric and Damon. Kai rambling. Ric attacks him. Kai says huge mistake. I see that now, I do. Can't do magic. Damon says I have questions. Starting with how the hell are you here? Kai says you rang a mystic bell, saw Mystic Falls, and ran for it. Find a way to get me out of Hell and I'll help you kill Cade. What if I bring back Elena?

Ric yells at Damon about using Kai. Damon hasn't forgotten. I'll send him back to Hell in pieces. Have a little faith. Ric says save that question for someone that hasn't killed you.

Caroline leaves a message for Bonnie. Stefan never came home. She'd love to hear Bonnie's voice, but whatever you need, I get it. I'm here for you. With or without Stefan.

Bonnie meditating in a circle of candles.

Matt wants Caroline's help. 3 calls this morning from residents reporting old crimes about Stefan. One even wondering if he's a vampire. She figures everyone Stefan ever compelled started to remember.

Stefan blindfolded. Who are you? They pull him out of the car. Dorian Williams! He brought a gun. Stefan says you work with Ric, I barely know you. Why are you pointing a gun at me? Dorian remembered the first time they met. 7 years ago. You were there! Knoxville. The door was ripped off the hinges and you were there. My dad and sister, their heads. I could smell their blood on your breath. You told me to move on and forget. Stefan says I was traveling through Tennessee. I had to prove myself to Klaus Mikkelson, things I try to forget. Dorian says you forgot them! Stefan says Robert and Tina Williams. I never forget my victim's names. Dorian says you didn't know mine. If you don't murder them, they don't count as victims, huh? Stefan says I'm sorry. Dorian gives him a shovel. Start digging.

**So that's really why Dorian's a part of this season. Makes sense that all the compulsion would end with Stefan's vampirism. Should've happened when Elena took the cure, then, too, though. Don't recall that happening.

Bonnie trying to reach out to Enzo. Phone rings. What do you need? Damon says I'm here for you. Unrelated, have you made progress getting Enzo out of Hell? She says no. Damon says you're not a quitter, Bonnie. I hoped you had a solve because I might need one, too. Let's say I have a ghost situation. All hypothetical. What if we could unlink your life from Elena's, and what if we could get someone out of Hell? She says that's crazy because only Kai could do that and he's been dead for years. Who is with you? Damon fudges. She says tell me you're not talking about Kai Parker. I know you. And I have a strong feeling I can't explain. Grams told me I was psychic. I can feel it. Damon asks if she knows how to get someone out of Hell? She says she's going to ask Cade and hangs up.

Caroline and Matt listening to a man. I lost my badge, my pension. I fell off the wagon. She's so sorry. You are going to forget that night, clean yourself up, and when you get a check from Stefan Salvatore in the mail, you will cash it and put it to good use. Matt thanks him. Offers him a job. Caroline says we should check with his family and make sure the stories line up. Matt says you're taking this well. Doesn't it occur to you-- How the ripple affect from one vampire is massive? Yeah! Caroline's trying to hold it together because she's the only one that can clean up this mess.

Stefan kneeling in the shallow grave, asks have you really thought this through? Don't do this, Dorian. For you. Dorian says you can't tell me what to do. Stefan says Hell is real. I've seen it. You don't want to go there. Dorian says surviving murder is worse than your guilt. Being murdered is worse, too. Stefan agrees. Dorian says in the real world, people like you get the needle and die. Stefan doesn't know what else to do than try to atone. Dorian says it's done, Stefan! How can I move on when you're alive?! He ends up shooting Stefan.

Damon calls Ric. Kai is on Twitter. Damon says Bonnie's on it. Ric is mad. Damon hangs up. Kai eating and taking selfies. And now Kai is bleeding. Clock is ticking. If I go, so does your shot at happiness.

Damon puts Kai in a booth. It feels like I'm being dragged back to Hell by my colon. The fire is literal. Wait, didn't you work with the Devil? Damon saw enough to convince him. Kai asks if the Sirens were hot? Damon says as soon as they stop eating evil people, things get ugly. Literally. Kai ponders how he can stay on Earth. Damon's doing his best to NOT kill people. Kai keeps pushing. Do it for Elena. Damon says fine, sure, he'll do. Gets out of he booth.

Ric calls Caroline. He's at the Amory. Maybe we could meet you at the house tonight. She says that'd be amazing. Are you sure you want to bring them to town? He says it'll be good to come home. And I need parenting advice.

Because the girls are floating crayons.

Stefan getting pale. You didn't hit anything fatal. Dorian tells him to stop talking. Stefan says bullet to the head or heart will be quicker. Trying to make it easier on you, Dorian. Dorian can't shoot him again. Puts his hoodie on the wound. No cell service. Stefan says it's okay. Dorian says it's not, and gets him up.

Bonnie finds Cade. Cade says we share a kinship. For someone new to the gift, you're quiet powerful. She asks how do I get Enzo out of Hell. He says ask him yourself. He wants to teach her. I'm as much a part of my dimension and it is of me. Open your mind to me. Together we may contact him. She's ready. He tells her to remember the moment of Enzo's death. How it felt. Think of Enzo dying needlessly. his dreams, his happiness. What do you feel? She says rage. Anguish. He says embrace it. It's the source of your power. Focus. Live in the trauma. Call his name. Enzo. Enzo.

She's alone in a building. The burned cabin. Enzo says her name. "Oh my God."

**See, knew Enzo wasn't off the show, yet. Bonnie has to have to chance to get him back.

She runs to him and hugs him. Kisses him. I thought I'd never see you again. Enzo says get away from Cade. he's trying to find me. Do not trust him.

Cade asks what did she see? Was it Enzo? She says no. He asks why she's upset? She relieved the pain of losing him. Thanks for the lesson.

Caroline dealt with Mr. Fell. Poor Violet. Matt gets a call from Dorian. I did something bad. I tried to murder Stefan. There's so much blood. Matt asks where are you? Dorian gives him the location. Caroline's already out.

Kai fed on the guy. Damon says if you can't tell me that guy's death meant something, I'll turn this bathroom into your personal hell. Kai wants more evil people to eat.

Damon calls Bonnie. She turns it off. Cade is at her car. I'm not done with you. When Enzo died, you screamed. A powerful psychic blast created a private dimension linked only to you. Not a single person has ever done what you did. What I did. But sadly, Enzo's soul belongs to me. He grabs her. He sees the Kai info. She says I don't know for sure. Cade says if you think you can hide things from me, you don't know why they call me the Devil.

Stefan is not well. Dorian apologizes. Stefan's losing consciousness.

**Bonnie's like Cade, huh. How powerful is she going to get in the remaining 5 episodes?

Caroline reaches Stefan. Stefan stands outside his body. Cade says we meet again. Much sooner than I expected. You're dying, Stefan. Your death is inevitable. Let go. It'll be so much easier. I meant it'll be easier on Caroline. Have you considered what your grasps at redemption will do to her life? If you truly love her, give her the life she was meant to have. An immortal life without you. You'd still rather cling to that fragile existence. Stefan says I'm stubborn. I want to live. Cade says well.....that's only human.

Stefan wakes. Caroline says I love you so much. You're going to be okay.

Damon disposes of a body. Cade's coming for you. Kai freaks. What do we do? Damon says atonement. A giant noble gesture of selfless generosity. Something to make up for all the pain you caused. People do forgive and redemption is possible. If you want my forgiveness, you're going to bring Elena Gilbert back to life right now.

**Valiant effort, Damon, but it's Kai. Never that easy. He only wanted to be nicer when he liked Bonnie, before she gave him to the Heretics. That betrayal set up Ric's wedding massacre and Elena's spell.

Hospital. Matt tells Dorian that Stefan is stable. No one knows what really happened. It will all go away. Dorian says I was so angry and afraid, I actually tried killing someone. Pretty sure that makes me as bad as him. Matt says that feeling in your gut means you're a good person. He's holding police files on Stefan. He wants you to have it. He's putting his fate in your hands. If locking him up is the justice you need, pull that trigger. Or set aside the past and move on. Your choice.

Stefan's room. Caroline enters. Doctors says you're lucky. You'll make a full recovery. Dorian saved your life. Stefan doesn't blame him. He's not the only one on the list. She knows. She spent all day staring the collateral damage in the past. He says it would've been easy to let go. She ask if Hell is what he thinks he deserves? he doesn't know. Don't know who I am anymore. She says you've only been this 2 days. Give yourself a chance. He says that means leaving Mystic Falls. Alone. She says this has nothing to do with me! You being a martyr is all about you. He says what future can we have? She doesn't know. Never knew. That used to be exciting. Now it feels misguided. She leaves.

Bonnie with the candles and trying to reach Enzo again. Hello, love. He's at the door of the cabin. Never leave me again. He doesn't want to. He's not really here. None of that matters now. All that matters is you. They kiss.

Knock at Caroline's door. Ric with the girls. Who's hungry? Girls run into the kitchen. Ric says it's good to see you. Same. Lizzie syphons from Caroline when she gets angry. Then the other girl gets angry, too. Ric says they started acting out 3 days ago. I can't control it and neither can they.

Hi, sleepyhead, remember me? Damon says just reverse the damn spell. Kai needs power first. Grabs Damon. I need to drain the biggest, baddest battery of all. I've been in Hell long enough to know there is no redemption. I'm not a good person. I own that. If I'm going down, I'm going out with a bang. Damon's dessicated.

Next ep - Stefan wants to kill Cade. Cade tells Damon his suffering is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment