Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

#Arrow 5.18 - "Disbanded" live blog

“Disbanded”

OLIVER CALLS ON THE BRATVA FOR HELP — Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) are shocked by Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) decision to call on the Bratva to help take down Prometheus (Josh Segurra). Concerned the Bratva may overstep, Diggle has a hard conversation with Oliver about what happens if things go south. Meanwhile, Felicity learns something shocking at Helix. J.J. Makaro directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto (#518). Original airdate 3/29/2017.

Episode 18:

Oliver patched up and sore. Dig asks what happened. Felicity says he should be checked out by an actual doctor. Oliver tells them to go home. Curtis wants an explanation. Oliver says Chase is right. People around me suffer or die. Felicity argues. Oliver doesn't think Chase is wrong. Whispers please just go. Diggle asks for the room. Just you and me now, Oliver. You don't have to talk if you don't want to, but you don't have to be alone. Oliver thinks he should. I want you to leave. He walks away. Couldn't look at them the whole time.

Felicity's place with the team. Diggle arrives. He believes Oliver will come around. Thea agrees. Felicity isn't sure. Oliver locked them out. Diggle says we're not just the anti-Prometheus team. Felicity will work on Chase. You guys worry about the city.

Quentin says city council bought Oliver's excuse of a spiritual retreat. Asks what we'll do to Chase. Oliver says nothing. He's already won. Chase arrives. Thanks Oliver for the bereavement leave. Quentin is hostile. Oliver asks him to step out. Then asks Chase what he's doing here. It's over. Adrian says no. Sets down a knife. Wants to prove a point. Kill me in broad daylight or let me live knowing there's nothing you can do. Disappointing...... He walks out. you can keep that knife.

Russia. Knife on the bar. Oliver wants to return to Lian Yu. People will want to know where I've been for 5 years. You have 48 hours. Anatoly knows how to spend them. He needs Oliver's help to rebuild the Brotherhood to help the people.

Felicity at Helix. All found on Chase. Including taking off his mask. But it's pixelated. If he's using tech, we can reverse-engineer it.

Susan comes to Oliver. They hug. She had to see him. he apologizes. She says it wasn't you, it was him. Oliver says I created him. This happened to you because of me. She says don't let that bastard in your head. She gave a statement to the police. If you corroborate. Oliver says Chase would've planned for that. My only chance is to do something he didn't plan for. I know we didn't resolve things. i can't be with you. I didn't want my life to touch yours like this. I should've known better. For that, I really, truly am sorry. He goes behind his desk and she leaves.

Arrow Cave. Oliver asks someone for a favor. You're my only option. Anatoly. Last time you made very clear you didn't want Bratva in city. Oliver says circumstances have changed. I need you to kill Adrian Chase.

**Works for me. An experience organized crime group can handle that easy enough.

**I'm normally for rule of law, fair trial, and all that, but some people are too evil to not be put down permanently. You can't let them have chances for appeals or technicalities. They pose too much risk to the world and people around them, in cruel and horrible ways.

Suits boxed up. Anatoly never thought Oliver would give up the hood. Oliver says you were right. Anantoly says such a burden being right all the time. Oliver says I should've listened to you back then. Anatoly is happy Oliver knows himself now and is back. But he needs a small gesture of good will. Oliver says you get the first part tonight, second when you take Chase out. Anantoly says settled. Hope you have vodka.

Felicity needs physical access to Chase's scrambler to fix the problem.

Diggle and Curtis and Rene. And Dinah. Alert of a break in at a lab. They dress in black and go check it out. Dig says do this as clean and bloodless as possible. Dinah says not a problem. Rene recognizes a diabetes drug label. Dinah's part done. Spartan and Wild Dog move in. Anatoly says your accent has still not improved. Diggle doesn't want to let him steal the drugs. Anatoly says I have permission.

Dig goes to Oliver. Oliver says when I told you to stand down, I meant it. Anatoly is here to kill Adrian Chase. Diggle says we don't hire criminals and pay them with diabetes drugs. Oliver says the city will not be safe until Chase is in the ground and there's no price he wouldn't pay to make that happen. His death will be on my conscience. Not yours. Diggle says this is a mistake you won't come back from and I won't let you make it. Oliver won't let him get hurt. Diggle says Felicity was right. But what Chase put in your head is a bunch of crap. Oliver says tell that to Laurel, Tommy, Thea, etc. Thea had to leave town to save herself. Oliver accepts it. The team is done. I'm telling you - for the last time - stand down.

**The city was in danger whether Oliver lived there or came back or not. But he has been a nexus for the people in his orbit to sustain damage. They all have physical and mental scars. Of course, Oliver never wanted a team in season 1. Diggle forced himself in.

Team meeting. Upset with Oliver. Diggle says Prometheus is in Oliver's head like I've never seen before. He asks Felicity if they can talk in private. Curtis looks at her laptop.

Diggle says we need to talk to Oliver as a united front. She says we shouldn't. Maybe we should stay out of Oliver's way.

Anatoly tells Oliver that when both drugs are combined, it creates an opioid more powerful than heroin. It'll secure his place as leader. Finances are bad for Bratva. Diggle gets in and overhears. Anatoly steps out. Diggle says I get to say when I leave, not you. this isn't you, man. The Oliver I know would never let dangerous criminals into his city to steal medicine. Oliver says you don't know the man I am. Diggle says Let me help you, man. I'm your brother. Oliver says You don't want me as a brother. Chase showed me the truth about myself. This crusade was an excuse for me to murder people. Something in me broke along the way. Something is sick inside me. I disbanded the team because I won't sit by and let you participate in my murder spree. Stay away from me, from Chase, and let the Bratva kill him. Let my crusade die.

Russia. Anatoly at a hospital. A young man sick with TB. Oliver is shocked by how little the hospital has. Anatoly is planning a good old-fashioned heist for Oliver's last hours.

Team. Curtis asks who is the new Diggle? Dinah and Rene say I am. LOL. She lets him have it. Curtis points out she's the new Dig. Diggle returns. Oliver will regret this. We'll bring Chase to justice the right way. It's about saving Oliver's soul. Chase is about to leave City Hall. They'll suit up.

Chase in a car. Convoy attacked. Bratva starts shooting at the car. Adrian hides behind it. Dinah blasts with the sonic scream. Team on bikes clothesline others. Anatoly yells at Diggle. Don't you want Chase dead? Diggle says not like this. Chase beats Curtis' attempt to grab him. Cops gets to Chase. Curtis gets to the van. He got what they came for.

City Hall. Adrian is going into WitSac. Adrian says it's not necessary. Oliver says your safety is of paramount importance to this office. Do it. Adrian is impressed. Oliver says this isn't over.

Oliver goes to Diggle's. And punches him. Fell better? No. Diggle says we're not done. You and me will never be done. Understand that? You can tell me whatever Chase has shoved in your head because I know what kind of man you are. The good, the bad, the ugly, I know! But what you need to know is stop showing me away. I'm not going anywhere! Oliver says I told you who I am. I believe it even if you don't So I don't know where this leaves us. Diggle says it brings us back to the prison. You told me to atone as Spartan and you can atone as the hood. You don't think you deserve it? Earn it. Oliver doesn't know how. Dig says you ask for help.

Curtis finds Felicity at Helix. Can we talk in private? He's got the optic scrambler. Felicity takes it and works on it. Encrypted. 13 months to break it. Helix says Kord Industries can break it. You guys can get in there. They know who Felicity and Curtis really are.

Anatoly and Oliver. My team doesn't give up. They convinced me not to. You need to stand down. Our deal is off. Anatoly says no. I can't leave without getting what I came for. A deal is forever. Oliver is asking as a friend. Anatoly says as a friend, if you interfere, no favor can save you. You're either Bratva brother or Bratva enemy.

Russia. Hood and Bratva in the building.

Oliver says Bratva aren't backing down. I have to stop them. John convinced me not alone. I was afraid asking you to kill Chase would corrupt you. John insists as a team we can bring Chase to justice. I'm putting my faith in you now. I need your help to prove John is right and Chase is wrong. Rene says of course he's wrong. Dinah says we're here for you, Oliver. Oliver says suit up.

Zarn Corporation. The 2nd half of the drug here.

Kord. Felicity and Curtis break in.

Oliver's in plain black disguise.

Felicity and Curtis find a guard.

Oliver takes out a sentry. Diggle notices the Bratva thieves.

Felicity and Curtis take care of the guard.

Team taking out Bratva. Oliver tells Anatoly it's over. Leave the medicine and go. Anatoly has an insurance plan. Dinah sees. Anatoly took hostages. Save pills or save hostages. Oliver will handle the Bratva. Anatoly says kill them.

Divide and conquer. Anatoly vs. Oliver. We're not in Russia anymore.

Hostages saved.

Kord. Find the tech. She brought the scrambler.

Anatoly says you want to kill old life? Start by killing me. Oliver shoots a panel, kicking off the alarm. Now they both have to run. Pills left behind.

**Sad to see Anatoly and Oliver break up. Always liked Anatoly.

Felicity and Curtis return to the Arrow Cave. Adrian unmasked. Oliver is happy. Dinah wants to walk it into SCPD. Felicity will put it on YouTube. Curtis asks if we're back in busniess. Oliver says aside from a few minor changes, yeah. But he's not ready to put the green back on, yet.

Russia. Anatoly as Robin Hood. He thought this would change Oliver's mind about leaving. Oliver says you can do this without me. Anatoly is worried what he'll become without Oliver. But how drunk can we get before dropping you at Lian Yu.

Oliver and Anatoly meet. Oliver says this is between you and me, no one else. Anatoly says you betrayed Bratva and Russian community. Oliver thought their friendship actually meant something to you! You would never threaten innocent people over what? A payday. I left Russia convinced you could lead Bratva on a better path. Now you're no better than Gregor. Anatoly reminds him what he worried for. I did what I had to to survive. Why I changed, that is it.

Dinah and Quentin show the video to the police.

Chase with the Marshals. There's a text. Then he decides to kill the marshals. Brutally with a pen.

Driving away from the scene. It's a Beautiful Morning...... creepy.

Next ep - Helix has compromised security. Oliver asks Felicity to not do this. She dares him to stop her.



No comments:

Post a Comment