Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

#TheOriginals 4.2 - "No Quarter" live blog

"No Quarter"

NOW THAT WE ARE AWAKE — After being cured and woken, the Mikaelson siblings join Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) in an effort to rescue Klaus (Joseph Morgan) from captivity – even if they must face Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) in the process. Meanwhile, Klaus’ demons materialize in unexpected ways as he suffers from the effects of the Tunde Blade, and Vincent (Yusef Gatewood) investigates a haunting that will prove to be much more sinister than he could have imagined. Daniel Gillies also stars. Bethany Rooney directed the episode written by Talicia Raggs & Michelle Paradise (#402). Original airdate 3/24/2017.

Ep 2:


Recap of last ep.

Running in the woods. Man in orange jumpsuit. Prisoner? Kol likes a good chase, but he's famished. Rebekah commenting on the screams. Freya says the death rattle is distraction for doing a spell. Elijah yells at Kol, would you please! Hayley says whatever we do, we do it fast. Freya says we need to go. Kol wants to draw Marcel out of town. Until she can make enough cure, Marcel can chew through our bloody throats. Elijah says enough. We'll free Niklaus today, if I have to burn that city to the ground. They ate a whole bus of inmates.

The woman updates Marcel about Hayley and the vampire attack. She wasn't the only one they were tracking. The woman that's the last of her wolf line. Marcel says there's a chance Hayley has the cure for my bite. And the Mikaelson's could be on their way now.

the church. Vincent talked to his buddy in the PD. They'll keep an eye out and there's no sign of the boy at the hospitals. Maxine says the locator spell shows he's everywhere. Vincent says there have been a lot of calls on a road. I'm going to take a look. She gives him a protection charm. She kept it in Adam's room since he was born. Every little bit helps.

Josh has a new beau. And hears a visitor. He hurries the guy out. Well, thanks for waiting, and not just killing him. Elijah and Rebekah. He says we're only monsters when we need to be. She teases him about the human boyfriend. He says tell me what you want and let's get this over with.

Klaus hears Camille. Sees her. The distraction from the pain. He says I can endure this pain. She says sure, but paired with the solitude? You're not annoyed with me, you blame yourself for getting in this mess. Okay to admit it. He says I miss you, Camille, but I'm ashamed for you to see me like this. You believed there was light in me. I'm not a light. I'm darkness made flesh. She says you are the reason your family is alive. you bought them the time they needed and now they've woken up. He says Marcel with kill Elijah. She says then you need to find your way out of here.

Freya in the old tower. Kol is still nervous. Hayley says sooner we find Klaus, sooner we get out of here.

Rebekah wants to divert Marcel. She's the only one he won't kill on sight. Elijah does not agree. Stops Josh from using his phone. Josh asks Why do you need me? I'm extremely small potatoes. Rebekah says since you know so little, I want to try my plan. Elijah pleads with her. There's a text. They found Nik. She says you get our brother, I will handle Marcel.

Rebekah meets Marcel in the cemetery. He caresses her formerly hexed arm. She asks if he held off killing Klaus for her account? Please, if part of you still cares for me, I'm begging you to let my brother go. He says and if I say no? She says we get what we want, no matter if it takes 1000 days or 1000 years. Marcel says keeping Klaus has advantages. Lists them. And he deserves to suffer. So yeah, he is worth the trouble. She tackles his argument. We were at war! Wars have casualties. The man I loved understood that. He says that man is long gone. Who's fault is that?

Josh closes the bar. Tells them the place is yours. Elijah asks him to move the freezer unit so we can access the tunnels. Kol still nervous. Josh moved it. Good luck, I'll be on my way. They argue what to do with him. Kol will stay to babysit. The rest go in the tunnels.

Camille tells Klaus to pull out the blade. Mikael could do it. Do not invoke his name. Okay, what about Hope? He says he can't. She says can't or won't? You can leave now and you can choose to stay even though your daughter it waiting for you. I think you're afraid now she's old enough to see you. Afraid she'll think you're a monster. He says she'll run into my arms. She'll know I love her. I'd do anything for her. And what if she has an argument with a friend or has a break-up? He says I'll kill anyone that hurts her. Camille reminds him you don't want her to fall into that cycle of violence. Down here, you can't hurt her. Your fear keeps you here. He says I conjured you, so I can send you away. GO!

Marcel says your brother killed me in cold blood and you defended him. Davina was lost forever and you said they did what they needed to do. She says I have no defense! I am what I am. Both of us. We can't change what we are. He says I was a damn fool to love you. We're done here. She has the knife. He says you'll infect me with the same hex that tormented you? She doesn't want to, but will if she has to.

Klaus tries. The yells for Camille. I'm here. He says I need your help. She can't pull out the blade. You're the one that has to face your fears. He will admit it. I do no wish to be the father I had or the father Marcel has come to loathe. Is that enough? Are you satisfied? She says Hope needs you more than ever. He says hayley will protect her. She says doesn't she deserve her father? You owe it to your daughter to change the narrative, for her and for you.

Marcel and Rebekah bickering. He says this isn't about you and me at all, is it? This is about Klaus. Your job is to keep me here no matter what. Rebekah says as long as you have Klaus, we'll never stop. The woman shoots Rebekah with 2 arrows in the back. Marcel says no one hurts her. Just keep her here. I have to go kill her brother.

Elijah reaches Klaus. Freya says the spell is strong. It'll take time. Hayley offers herself to channel so Freya can brute force it. Elijah will keep watch.

Josh and Kol. Here's to no one dying today. Kol staring at Davina's photo. Josh asks if they're going to massacre the city. Kol says we just want to get our brother and leave. Josh tells him about Aiden. Afterward, I hated everything. Even the sun. It's taken forever to feel normal again. You will, too. It does get better eventually. Why are you telling me this? I thnk Davina would've wanted me to. there's a text. What does this mean? Kol says listen very carefully - if something has happened to my sister or something about to happen to my family, this city will burn. What does Teutoberg mean? Josh says it's a battle where the good guys caught the bad guys off guard. Marcel is warning me. Kol snaps his neck. You're lucky Davina liked you.

Vincent enters an abandoned house. Finds a flashlight. It doesn't work.

Freya chanting. Elijah says whatever happens, don't stop until Niklaus is free.

Marcel enters the compound. Elijah greets him. Hello, Marcellus.

**Kol's shirt is still bloodstained. A visual cue. Elijah and Rebekah are always impeccable.

Vincent searching for Adam. There's wind. A door slams shut behind him. He's thrust into a wall. He chants. A light is coming toward him. Then he screams. He holds up the charm and it lets go. He's shaking. What am I fighting here? Show yourself to me. The ouroboros appears on a wall.

Rebekah wakes and she stabs her again. Kol rips out of the heart of the other. She runs. He takes the arrows out. Then more attack. Rebekah joins in Kol is a little out of control. Can we leave this awful city now? She asks where's Elijah?

Marcel beating up Elijah. Elijah says you'd have me pay for my sins, so be it. Take your anger out on me. My brother has suffered enough. He leaves here today. Marcel says we'll see about that.

Camille tells Klaus you have to pull that blade out. Hayley wants to help Elijah. Freya says not yet. Chants more, then tells Hayley to go. Klaus is trying. Freya's working as hard as she can.

Hayley gets between Marcel and Elijah. Elijah says leave us, it's not your fight. Hayley says Hope needs her father. Marcel says your daughter is better off without him. Elijah tells her to take Niklaus and go. Marcel says he's not leaving today and neither are you.

Camille says your family won't survive if you don't pull that blade out. Klaus finally pulls on the blade.

Hayley begs Marcel to let us go. Marcel says they were my family, too! And Elijah tore my heart out and threw me off a bridge and Klaus stood by and watched. There's only one justice left. He vamps out. Klaus stabs Marcel. They run away while Marcel struggles to pull it out.

**Hayley's house looks secluded, but I wonder how far away it's been from New Orleans. Same state? Different one?

The meet point. Rebekah leaves a message for Elijah that he's 20 minutes late. Kol wants to leave while they have the chance. She thanks him for coming to get her so I could be annoyed with you. They get there. You can hug him later, we need to go. Marcel is right behind us. No, he's right here.

Vincent in the church. Maxine arrives. He had to cleanse himself. He didn't find Adam. I know what we're up against. Seen it before. She asks what is it? This is my son. He says whoever has him is using some very dark, powerful magic. Stay away from it. Please.

Marcel angry. Kol taunts him. Rebekah pushes. Klaus says enough. Marcel you've won. New Orleans is yours for good. I'm offering you a chance at peace. Attempting to kill us all would be a mistake. An endless cycle of violence, or we leave, and never come back. Marcel says after all that time buried in a hole, you still have some nerve. I can kill all of you right now and sleep like a baby. That's what you would do. You've killed people for 1000 years because you can. Despite being raised by you people, I'm nothing like any of you. I'm proud as hell I'm not a Mikaelson. You can live the rest of your miserable lives knowing you exist only because I'm showing you mercy. Now go and don't ever come back.

**sad face. Marcel is completely justified in his feelings, but it saddens me it came to this in the first place. The Mikaelsons made their bed and must sleep in it.

night. Marcel and the woman. He says it's hard to stop one Mikaelson, let alone the whole clan. He's impressed. He says the only thing in mind is how we celebrate.

Vincent rips up floorboards in the confessional. Makes a call. Bleeds on a safe. Marcel doesn't pick up. Vincent says call me back. I saw something today and seen it before. this city is in danger and it might just be all my fault. He has a book with the ouroboros on it.

Josh's boyfriend comes to the bar. you texted me that you were too wasted to drive. I did?

Kol looks at a photo of Davina and Josh. Freya asks why you have that? Kol did a favor for a friend of a friend with Josh's phone. He breaks it. Ready for a bourbon. Klaus says 5 years never felt so long. Thank you for not abandoning me. Rebekah says the vote was rather close. She kissed his cheek. Hayley asks if he's okay. Says she's sorry. Can't imagine what you've been through. He says the moment of solace got him here. Hayley invites him to see his little girl.

Into Hope's room. She's asleep. Hayley asks if I should wake her. He says no. Watches in wonder.

Next ep - Klaus wants one day of peace with his daughter. Marcel asks how a missing boy means the whole city is in danger. And Klaus will protect Hope from anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment