Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

#TheOriginals Season 4 Premiere - "Gather Up the Killers"

"Gather Up the Killers"


FIVE YEARS LATER — On the fifth anniversary of Klaus’ (Joseph Morgan) defeat, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) is king of the city and welcomes the un-sired vampires to New Orleans, only to find they pose an unexpected threat to his rule, leading him to seek counsel from an unlikely source. Meanwhile, as Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) closes in on the cure that will allow her to revive Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and the slumbering Mikaelsons, she faces a final task that will force her to make a ruthless decision. Yusuf Gatewood and Riley Voelkel also star. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Michael Russo and Michael Narducci (#401). Original airdate 3/17/2017.












Image credit: The CW.


Episode 1:

Season premiere is finally here! 10 months later!

Vincent says it's a beautiful day outside. Happy tourists. The mythical vampire tour. Vincent says we know better. 5 years since the fall of the Mikaelsons. We paid a high price for that peace. We backed Marcel Girard. Next week, as we celebrate our independence, that will be challenged. We visitors. Vampires that want to see the Klaus. Vampires don't care about our city, don't follow our rules. Only way to get through that is to get through together. We've faced conflict before.

The compound is a wreck.

We have to make sure our monsters stay buried, or we will lose everything we've built forever.

Klaus in a dungeon in chains.

Marcel toasting a woman. He pays her for info. Klaus's enemies are coming to celebrate. But some are uniting with witches. Even to steal your prize trophy. She hears the covens are up to something. Maybe Vincent doesn't know, or he's planning a power grab. He says Hayley is off limits. She says Alistair will stop at nothing to find her. he's here. He'll demand Klaus's blood. He says no one's seen the Mikaelsons in 5 years. She says Hayley might be bringing them back.

Hayley's house. She goes in the attic. The coffins here. She opens Elijah's.

Hope drawing in her room. Hayley pauses at the door. Car outside. Hayley says stay inside. Truck pulls into the road. Jackson's grandmother gets out. Did you find it, Mary? I'm this close to getting them back. So you're going to cure em and wake em up? Hayley made a promise. A home where she is safe and protected by the people that love her. She's a Mikaelson, too. She has a power I don't understand. She needs someone to teach her to control it. I can't do this on my own. Mary says you found 6 packs. The last one, I thought they were killed off. According to this, there might be one left. You looked for 5 years. Suddenly, I get a lead. What if it's a trap?

Marcel inters the bar. Photo of Davina and Camille on the wall. Josh greets him. Marcel is pleased by the crowd. The bar is neutral ground. Josh is the DJ. Vincent says you're late. Marcel says why am I hearing about secrets and sigils? Vincent says the visitors have got you a bit paranoid. Marcel says keep the witches in the Cauldron this week. Report if you hear about anything. If our out-of-town guests act up, I'll handle it.

Marcel sees an ouroboros on a wall. Visits Klaus. Klaus asks have you come to torment me? Marcel says no. I came to have a nice civilized conversation. I think we're overdue.

Marcel says not much to say? Here I thought you'd enjoy the company. Klaus says I'd enjoy you rotting in Hell. Marcel says this can go the easy way or other way. I pulled this out and you said mercy. Klaus asks why not just kill me? Marcel says I'm stronger than you. I came seeking information. Alistair has arrived. Klaus crawls up. tells Marcel about the vampire. Alistair is quite malleable.

Hayley packs up. I'll call you every night before bed. In the mean time, listen to Mary. Deal? Deal. They hug. Mary says keep your guard up and you smell trouble? You run. Hayley says everything she does is for Hope.

Josh and a witch kid. Vincent helps the mother pick up stuff. They're making sure everyone has stock to stay indoors the next week. Josh tells Vincent she's into you. But if you'd rather be a monk the rest of your life..... Vincent tells Maxine he could....if she needs anything......she tells him to come by for dinner tonight.

Vampires feeding in Marcel's penthouse. And partying. A sword gift for Marcel. From Alistair. Marcel gives him 70 year old scotch in return. Alistair says Niklaus turned me, then compelled me to kill my wife and child to be a distraction to save him from his father. You say he suffers, but we have no proof. Marcel says he'd not going anywhere. Alistair wants to see him in person and get a drop of blood. Elijah still lives. The blood will allow us to confirm the theory. Kill Klaus and ease the minds of all your brethren. Refuse and prove you're a sympathizer. Marcel doesn't take ultimatums. Alistair says denying your guests could sour their mood. He threatens the city. Marcel says come to the Mikaelson compound at midnight.

Hayley in a bar. Watching a group of women drink. She approaches the bar. You look like you're having fun. What's the occasion? Woman is an ER doctor. Hayley says does it help with the guilt? Wolf to wolf. Hayley says 5 minutes outside. I can explain.

Alistair gets a text that they found the girl and Hayley Marshall.

Hayley and the woman exit. She runs from Hayley. And hayley stops her. Relax. I need you. You're the last of your pack. There are others who know you're important and will come for you. Woman isn't interested. Hayley hears comers. Hayley says we don't have time for this. Knocks her out and runs.

Klaus visit again. Marcel is mad. Alistair threw down a challenge. Elijah's sire line is still out there. And Elijah and your siblings are anchored to you. He won't let anything happen to Rebekah. If I kill Alistair, his theory gains traction. They'll take your blood and track your family. Even Hope. Klaus says you need me. Release me and I will lay waste to the lot of them.

Wolf wakes. Hayley says I'm not your enemy. I'm special. A hybrid. Show me some respect. The only way to survive is do exactly what I tell you. Hayley will extract her venom. And yes, it'll hurt. Wolf asks why? Hayley says I'm trying to save my family. The only thing keeping them alive is a sleep spell. Only thing I'm missing is your venom. With any luck, no one has to die. Wolf asks if she'll be let go if she gives what she wants? Hayley says you have my word.

Marcel tells Vincent I need you tonight. If you need me to say please, I will. All I need from you is a boundary spell, and it's gotta be strong. Original strength.

Hayley says you can go once I know this works. Wolf asks how will we know? Hayley says you'll see it. You ask a lot of questions. She injects Freya. They hug. Freya says I need to begin. If I can't turn all that into a cure, Elijah and Kol are going to die.

Hayley asks how much longer do we have? Freya says maybe an hour, assuming they live that long. She has all she needs. Should be enough. Hayley hears company.

Alistair's men arrive.

Wolf wants to be let go. Freya says I need more time. hayley runs out.

Vincent preparing. Josh says stay close. I'll use you as a shield. Woman tells Marcel that Alistair is in a mood. His men are all over the city. Alistair is pissy. Marcel says I have been a discourteous host. You wanted him, you got him. Klaus tossed into the circle in chains. Chained, beaten, half-starved. I should just kill him. Best way to end your fear, is to face it yourself. Marcel gives Alistair the sword laced with his venom. Alistair says it will be my highest honor. He starts the attack.

hayley confronts the vampires. Starts ripping out hearts.

**Klaus really did awful things to keep Mikael off their backs over the centuries. So many innocents.

**While Marcel hasn't been kind to Klaus the past 5 years, Klaus survived a century of mental torture from killing a Hunter before. There isn't much that could completely break him.

Alistair hits Klaus. Do you suffer, Niklaus, as my wife suffered? My child suffered? Yeah, you do, but at long last, your suffering is at an end. Crowd wants him dead. Alistair says I will find your daughter and eradicate your malignant bloodline from this Earth. Klaus attacks him and bites. Then attacks other vampires. Who's next! Meet your maker. Marcel knocks out Klaus. Marcel says that's a nasty bite. I keep him for his blood. For collateral. Because I can. I put him down and kept him down and I am the only one who can stop him from coming after all of you. New Orleans is mine. Follow my rules and never, ever question. Now let's go celebrate.

Hayley fighting them all.

One gets to the wolf. Freya gets rid of him.

Vampire tells Hayley to give up now and we'll end this quick. She has a better idea and wolfs. Kills him.

Freya chanting. Escalating. The bowl is ready. She opens Elijah's coffin. Exposes the bite mark.

Hayley wolf kills the last vampire. Returns to human form. Oh, a couple left. She says you want more, come on! Then they're killed. He's behind her. She relaxes and smiles. Elijah puts his jacket on her. She turns and kisses him. Hugs him. He doesn't look as happy as she is.

Josh the DJ. The bar. Woman congratulates Marcel. Every vampire in town loves you or fears you. She says now you have to worry about the covens. Shows him the symbol. Ouroboros.

Vincent says beware the sleeping giant. For when he wakes, the world will shake. Klaus says I never figured you for Marcel's lackey. Vincent says we gave you a fighting chance. Klaus says what chance will you have? While I remain here, my enemies will flock to the city. One day, I will escape and seek my justice. Vincent says Cami believed with all her heart there was good in you. I don't understand why you're hell bent on proving her wrong. he leaves.

Wolf wants to be left go. I gave you what you wanted. Freya says I barely had enough. If my family is bitten again, we'll need more. You had a deal with hayley, not me. When it comes to my family's safety, I don't negotiate.

And they say romance is dead. Hayley will take it. His infection is gone. He says you saved all of us. Kol and Rebekah couldn't contain their hunger. She says after all this time.....He says me, too. Please tell me, how is my niece? She says healthy, happy....the perfect little girl. She made me promise to get her family back, all of them. He says a child after my heart. She says one person left. He says let's go get him.

Klaus pulling on his chains. Marcel says you should says thank you. You're welcome. Klaus says you can't allow me to die. You'd be adrift without me. You need me, if only to keep yourself from being the monster you fear yourself to be. You need me, Marcellus. because deep down inside, you are weak. Marcel puts the Tunde blade back in Klaus.

Vincent in the church. Maxine comes in. It's Adam. He never came home. I've looked everywhere.

Adam in a building. With a flashlight. Spooky place. Adam goes to a room and enters. The ouroboros on the wall. There's a shimmer of light behind him. He screams.

Hope had a bad dream. Mary says you're safe. I'm not going anywhere. Hope has been drawing the ourobouros over and over again.

Next ep - Elijah and Marcel meet again.



The Originals Premiere: EP Explains Creepy Cliffhanger, Confirms a Death

No comments:

Post a Comment