Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

#TheOriginals 4.5 - "I Hear You Knocking" live blog

"I Hear You Knocking"

DARK MAGIC - After being marked by The Hollow's dark magic, both Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) experience the symptoms of a malevolent haunting, forcing the two adversaries on a violent collision course. Meanwhile, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) head out to speak with Mary (guest star Debra Mooney) after Hayley uncovers a mysterious link between the dark magic and her former wolf pack. Finally, as an exhausted Freya (Riley Voelkel) risks her own life to cure Klaus' infection, a guilt-ridden Keelin (guest star Christina Moses) must decide whether to honor her Hippocratic oath and help Freya - or flee the Mikaelson's forever. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Kyle Arrington (#405). Original airdate 4/14/2017.

Episode 5:

Woods. 990 AD. boy picks up a bowl and picks blackberries. Makes paint with them. Klaus, then. He hears yelling and fighting and horses. Dead people. Except one. Pleads for help. Mikael kills the man. you would show mercy to an enemy?! Mercy is for the weak, Niklaus. Look at you, boy. You are pathetic. I should cast you out! Better your brothers not be exposed to a coward!

Klaus out of the dream. Wanders the halls. Checks on Hope. Blue light. She's awake in bed.

Jazz. Marcel in the bar. His right hand lady there. What's going on? Marcel went to every palm reader, exorcist, and witch doctor I know. Something is off. He tells her I think it's anchored to me. She says you need a good witch. i know one. He says Vincent will help me. She won't let him out of her sight until he's cured.

Klaus looks for Hope in the morning. Looks in a mirror and his eyes are blue. Mikael tells him to kill Marcel or die at his hands. Hope finds him. Aren't you coming?

Klaus tells Elijah to go to the bayou without me. Freya will help me here. You and Hayley can assure my child is safe.

Freya's tower. Keelin wakes. Coffee almost makes up for the kidnapping thing. Freya says it's the least I could do considering you helped us make our breakthrough. Keelin asks how she's little miss sunshine after all the tequila. 1000 year old hangover cure. Also, mission accomplished. A weapon to kill Marcel. Keelin says we're done, then. I go back to my life, you go back to yours. Freya says a deal is a deal. Keelin says don't look so disappointed. This wasn't built to be a longterm friendship. Freya agrees, though her face isn't in accordance with her words. Keelin leaves. Freya gets a text from Klaus.

Marcel waiting for Vincent. An hour late. His lady friend is calling her witch. Marcel says this is the wrong day to be playing games. Elijah appears. Marcel swings and goes through him. Elijah speaks Shakespeare. The ghost that appeared to Hamlet. And then, unrelenting tragedy. Marcel says You're not Elijah.

Freya and Klaus. She asks about the ritual. Klaus tells her. She knows purging rituals. Then brings up Marcel. I need to purify you both. he says no, not yet. I can find out what the Hollow is, what it wants. She says it's too dangerous. He says this thing came after Hope! She agrees. one hour. And this, a weapon to kill the unkillable king. You're mad I kept a secret from you? Fine. Chastise me if you survive the end of the day.

Elijah and Hayley in the bayou. He jokes about jean shorts and flip flops. Aww. They came to Mary. Mary isn't happy to see Elijah. Vampires aren't welcome. Rules of the house. He leaves Hayley. Mary says our kind winds up dead when they're around. She's heard about the bad things. Hayley's here to talk about that massacre last night.

Ghost and Marcel. Klaus shows up. Can you close your eyes and wish that away? Seize your revenge. Why not start with me? you're here to deliver a sacrifice. Two powerful souls fighting to the death. Doesn't that sound wonderful? The lady returns. Witch on the way. You're coming with me. We're going to fix you.

Klaus on the street. Blood on the sidewalk. He follows the trail. Sees the man begging in the past. Mikael behind him. I assumed you'd run, like the pathetic sniveling coward you are. Klaus addresses the Hollow. It says I'm only in your head. I can see your worst fear. You're afraid your daughter will see you like your father one day. Klaus stands up to it. Marcel has had five years to kill me. I don't see him doing it now. It taunts him. Will you kill Marcel today or die a coward? Klaus says let's find out, shall we, and walks away.

**It's good to see Klaus this well after 5 years of torment, isn't it? He should be, but it's reassuring that they're doing it.

Freya's tower. Keelin returns. Forget something? Yeah. My Hippocratic oath. I remembered you're here alone. All things considered, you cured me of my curse. Freya appreciates it, but I'm once more in the middle of a family crisis. Tells her about Klaus' curse. Keelin offers help. It's what friends do, right?

Hayley tells Mary about the cult. Mary says it doesn't make sense. Hayley wants her to look for anything strange. A serpent eating its own tail. Shows her Hope's drawing. Mary says there's something you need to see.

You trust Dominic? She says loyalty is good for business and I give him a lot. The witch says right now it's stuck. Trapped between the world of the living and where it was trapped. Purification could work. Best bet, send this thing back to sleep. Spirits are another form of power. These beads keep spirits from infecting my head. I can make some for you. You will have to bury the beads at a center of its power. Marcel mentions the house it lured kids to. Then tells her he wants to do it alone. She says I don't take orders from you. He kisses her. Please stay here, so I know you're safe.

Klaus and Mikael ghost. You know your way around. Are you buried in the vicinity? Is that why you're such an angry ghost? It threatens Klaus again. Klaus is underwhelmed. It says I can make you see and feel whatever I like. Klaus says you're nothing but a bad dream. It threatens to get in Hope's dreams. Klaus kills it. But it actually kills 3 innocents he didn't see. Maybe I've already made you kill someone you care about. Makes him see Freya. Next time, it might be Hope. Now, you only have the one choice, BOY. Kill Marcel or he will kill you and everyone you love.

Hayley looking at a notebook. Journal belonged to Mary's husband. Most of it's garbage, but there are ramblings about her parents in there. they were traitors for associating with vampires. I think The Hollow made Mary's husband kill my parents.

Klaus in the church. Freya arrives. He tells her to stay back. I don't want to hurt you. I don't trust myself. The Hollow is more powerful than I thought. It made me see things, do things. I feel it in my head. She says let me purify you, okay? She chants. It's burrowed too deep. But I know what it wants. He says for me to kill Marcel or him to kill me. She says don't let it be you. Hunt down Marcel and end this. He says don't follow me.

Freya in the tower working on another spell. Keelin says you never stop, do you. Freya says I have hobbies. Collect the ashes of my enemies. Keelin says however hectic, I'd remind myself for one minute there was a world outside the ER. Freya will worry about that after her brother is safe. If something weird happens, wake me up. She chants. Blue ball appears. Freya's in a trance. Keeling pushes her out of it. Freya says when Klaus and Marcel die, it will absorb their power and we'll never be able to stop it.

Klaus finds Marcel. The house seals. Marcel says I know you're seeing things, but I have a way to fix this for both of us. Klaus doesn't trust that. Marcel says you can't beat me. Klaus shows him the knife. Courtesy of my dear sister, now you're not so unkillable after all.

**Freya to the rescue again. Well, she is the oldest witch on Earth now.

Freya and Keelin. You're bleeding. You need stitches. Freya says it'll have to wait. Keelin says at least let me go with you Freya says I can take care of myself. Trust me.

Elijah and Hayley again. She never belonged anywhere growing up. If I could find my parents, I'd finally belong somewhere. I did terrible things to find my family. The same people that killed them are the ones that hurt Hope. He won't let anything happen to her. Do you understand? Freya calls. Come back to the city or Marcel is going to kill Klaus.

Marcel and Klaus arguing about trust. Marcel tells him about the beads. Klaus sees Mikael again.

Freya reaches the house. Barrier. She chants at it.

Marcel says I didn't come to fight. Put the weapon down! Klaus says my family won't be safe unless you're put down!

Freya's got a nosebleed.

Marcel sees Elijah.

Elijah arrives to give Freya a hand. Literally. She chants.

Marcel and Klaus fighting.

She's chanting.

Marcel bleeding. I should've killed you when I had the chance. Klaus says your mistake. They're wrestling over the knife. Marcel says I'm not this thing's puppet and neither are you. We can't give it what it wants. Someone's here. Elijah got in and Marcel grabbed him. Klaus has the knife. He drops it and pulls Marcel off Elijah.

Freya throws something at the Hollow and there's a high-pitched screaming. It's gone.

Night. In the compound. Klaus doesn't want to drink. Elijah feels the opposite. Freya says the Hollow's magic is out of you and Marcel. She's taken care of him. Klaus wants to hold on to the blade. Freya wants it. Elijah says give it to her. Klaus says having a monopoly of power makes you a target, sister. Remember that. Tells Elijah that mercy was necessary to stop the Hollow.

Hayley and Mary. Don't blame yourself. Mary says no one deserves what you've been through. Hayley says it's because of what I've been through that I have her. Tragedy always followed my family around. What if the Hollow was behind those deaths, too? What if it wants to finish what it started?

Freya patched up by Keelin. She thanks Keelin. Keelin teases her. You got a concussion. Freya says sometimes I'm forced to do things I regret. For what I did to you, I'm sorry. Keelin gets it. If my family were still alive, I'd do the same. Just don't ever mess with me again.

Marcel in a circle. Did you come to gloat? Elijah says 5 years ago, I was forced to make a decision. Take your life or lose everything. Klaus was in the same decision. Marcel says and here I am. Elijah says he's changing. Marcel says same old Klaus. Elijah says this is strategy. But you and I both know he regards you as a son. So did I once upon a time. I even thought you were key to his redemption. Marcel says he won't change. Elijah says no, he already has, for Hope. You are no longer needed or wanted. You are my brother's one weakness. If you hinder his redemption, I promise I will deliver another kind of nightmare. Sweet dreams, Marcellus. He locks the dungeon.

Witch visits the house. Vines growing. The lady says you lied to me. Marcel wasn't to be harmed. I wanted Klaus dead, that was the deal. He says kill me, you never get what you want. Marcel's blood was spilled today. The Hollow has received its offering and given us a gift in return. A single scratch from that thorn will kill an Original. We'll both get what we want. She doesn't care what he wants. All I want is my revenge.

Next ep - Party in the compound. Klaus dances with Marcel's lady. April 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment