Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

#SPN 12.22 "Who We Are" and 12.23 "All Along the Watchtower" live blog #supernatural #supernaturalfinale

Two Hour Season Finale

“Who We Are”:

FAMILY – Caught in a dangerous situation, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) only have each other to rely on. Meanwhile, the fight between the American Hunters and the British Hunters comes to a head. John Showalter directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1222). Original airdate 5/18/2017.

The season finale “All Along the Watchtower” airs at 9PM:

EPIC SEASON FINALE – Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) battles Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), and Castiel (Misha Collins) for control of his unborn child. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1223). Original airdate 5/18/2017.




























Image credit: The CW

Episode 22:



Dead guy on a truck. Someone cleaning their hands. Mary. She killed a hunter at a junkyard. Lester's down. Who's next? She gets more names - Jody Mills is the 3rd.

Garage? Doors warded. Air vents have choke points too small. Lady Bevell says you need me. I'm the only one that can fix your mother. She says the manual override outside is the only way to get out. Sam says there has to be a spell.

Day One.

research. Sam has an idea. Roma in Europe. Turns back machinery. Basic ingredients.....oh. The mechanisms must be anointed with the blood of virgins. Sam says we fake it. Purification ritual on the blood, then do the spell. They bleed in a bowl for step one. Toni says the words of step two. Building shakes. Sam thinks it's working. Lights coming on. And then everything down. What happened? Ketch. He must've put a mystical dampener in the lockdown. Magic won't work.

Day Two.

Dean wants to use brawn. Concrete with an old sewer pipe to the surface. Don't forget goggles. Sam and Dean beating on the wall. Stop to rest. We earned a break. We'll get there. Sam says no we won't. I know you feel it. The air is thin, and getting thinner. How did this happen? Dean says what part. All of it. Yeah. Dean says I thought we had it made. Saved the world, got Cas and Mom back. Wasn't perfect, but we had em. Now - Now they're all gone. Sam says Mom, what they did to her.....I fell for the lie. I saw what they were doing and hunters on that scale, working together, how much good we can do. Once I was in, I just followed. It was easy. So is this how you pictured the end? Dean says you know it's not. Butch and Sundance. Blaze of glory. Son of a bitch. toni calls them lunatics. Colossally stupid idea. Dean has the grenade launcher. The boys are excited, lol. She's cursing them. Sam drags her out of the way. Dean says yippee kayay mother BOOM.

Sam goes to check Dean. Dean! There's a hole. And collapse. But at least you can excavate. He looks for Dean. Running out of air. Sam collapses. Lights come on! Fans working in the right direction. Front door opens. Dean with a nasty wound on his knee. Hey, lunatic.

Jody's house. Mary knocks. Got a sec? Jody lets her in.

Dean patched up. They find a working cell. Garth still alive. Dean tells them the Brits have a hit on hunters. Get safe. Sam says hey. Jody.

They head to the house. She and Alex are here. Mary is....tied up. Hello, boys. Jody thought she was a demon. No idea brainwashing could be thorough. Alex came home. Gets Dean something for his leg. Mary's being bitchy. Jody says that's not your mom. Mary taunts him. Sam comes in with Toni. fix her. Mary says she lied. toni says the programming is permanent. You were going to kill me. The good Mary is hiding behind psychic walls, and these walls can't be torn down with grenades. Your mother can't be saved. Dean says time up. Sam points out that Ketch is calling Mom's phone. Dean wants to take Toni out back. Toni says they won't stop coming. Run. Dean says They won't. Sam says we fight. Hunters gather at Jody's. Dean asks Sam if he's sure about this. Sam called them here because people, our people, are being slaughtered, and we're next. The British Men of Letters thought we could do our job better than we could. Most of you turned them down. They said they wanted a world free of monsters, but that's a lie. They want control. They've killed innocents that got in the way. Hunting isn't about killing it's about doing what's right. We scare them because they can't control us. I want to take the fight to them before they hit us. Fast and hard. We beat them until they give up or are dead. Some of us might not make it back, but we will win. We take down the bad guys because that's what we do. They're scared of us and it's good. They should be.

Jody says we roll out in 10. Dean isn't going because of his leg. Sam argues. Dean says you're ready for this. Sam asks what are you going to do? Save Mom. If our real mom is in there, I'll try and find her, bring her back.

Jody gave Alex instructions. Alex says kick it in the ass.

Dean tells Sam you've got this. Hugs him. You come back. Promise. Bitch. Jerk. Yeah. Sam leaves. Dean turns to Toni. Get me in my mom's head. Toni needs her equipment. At the base. But she can cobble something together.

Brits told to leave no witnesses.

Jody in the lead.

Ketch wants Mary searched for. Keep it between us.

They brought her to the bunker. Toni says her stuff is in storage next to the dungeon. She's not on anyone's side but her own. She'll help, and she'd like to see her son again. Asking for a head start. Dean uncuffs her.

Brits arming up.

Toni hooks up the electrodes to Dean and Mary. Hypnotic agents laced with a potent sedative. She injects Mary. Dean cuffs her to a table. Little insurance, you understand. She injects him next. this will hurt. you understand. Drugs work quick. Dean falls asleep.

And wakes in a recliner. In their old house? Everything looks old, like from the '80s. He walks into the kitchen. To the stairs. Hears a baby. There's a crib now. A little boy. Sam? Mary in the past tends to him. Doesn't notice Dean. She calls young Dean to lunch. Dean says Mom, we have to get out of here. You need to come with me. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom!

Brit HQ. Hunters speed in. through the fence. Sam drove Jody's truck. Sirens go off. Hunters kill the guards. Brits come out to fire back.

Dean tries to reach Mary, but she's not hearing him. She only talks to little Dean. He says you're choosing this. She brings out a pie. She will never let anything bad happen to Dean. Dean says I hate you.

Sam and hunters ready to breach. Blast the door. Smoke canister. One hunter down in taking down two Brits. Jody kills another.

Dean says you lied to me. I was a kid. You promised you'd keep me safe, and then you make a deal with Azazel. Nov 2, 1983, yellow eyes came into Sammy's room because of your deal. You left us. Alone. Dad was just a shell. His perfect wife, gone. Our perfect mom, the perfect family, was gone. And I, I had to be....more than a brother. I had to be a father and mother to keep him safe and that wasn't fair and I couldn't do it. Want to know what they was like? They killed the girl he loved. He got possessed by Lucifer. They tortured him in Hell, and he lost his soul. His Soul. All because of you. All of it was because of you. She finally looks like she's hearing something.

I hate you. I hate you. And I love you. Dean's crying. Cause I can't help it. You're my mom. And... I understand. Because I have made deals to save the ones I love more than once. I forgive you. I forgive you. For all of it. Everything. On the other side of this, we can start over, okay? you me Sam, we can get it right this time, but I need you to fight. I need you to look at me, Mom, and see me. I need you to see me....please. She looks at him. Makes eye contact. Dean? Mom. Dean is pulled out. toni's throat slashed. It's Ketch. No. Oh yes.

Director kills a hunter.

Ketch says not how this ends. this ends with me ending you. Dean wants to kill him. you won't, but I'd very much enjoy if if you tried.

Sam kills a Brit.

Ketch taunts him with saying his mother said nothing about him out on the road. this is fun.

Director gets herself locked in a room. Hunter works to blow it.

Dean and Ketch still fighting. Dean headbutts him. Hits him twice. Dean says I knew you were psycho, but I didn't think you were stupid. Ketch pulls a gun. I'm not stupid. Gun fires. Into his shoulder from behind. Mom? Mary. Ketch drops the gun on that side. Dean kicks it away. Goes to her side. Ketch says I knew you were a killer. You both are. Dean says you're right. Mary shoots Ketch.

Director trying to appeal for an extraction. Sam gets in. She calls him Dean. Idiot. Sam, you might think it in your best interests to kill me, but severing all ties with men of Letters would be a grievous mistake. reasons to consider. Things you don't know. Files. Photos. Lucifer is back. All thanks to Crowley. Crowley's dead. And the Devil is out looking for his son. tracking her and the angel. If Lucifer gets his hands on that child, he'll be unstoppable. Voice on the phone says listen to her, boy. Sam says pass. Shoots the monitor. Director grabs a gun and Jody shoots her in the head.

Blew up the whole HQ internally.

Sheet over the body. Dean found expired pain killers. Lucky me. Mom, you don't have to do that, it's not your job. She says all of this is because of me. He says it's okay. She says it's not. Since I've been back, I know I've been distant, cold even. Leaving you, working with them, I was trying to make things right, just from a distance, because being here with you was too hard. Seeing what I'd done to you and Sam. He says what you did, the deal, everything that's happened since made us who we are, and who we are - we kick ass. We save the world. She says and Sam? I'm scared....what if he can't forgive me? Sam says you don't have to be scared of me. Hugs her. Dean says welcome back, man. Group hug.

Ep 23:

Season finale.

Sam says did you know people tell stories about us?

Carry on, Wayward Son.

Recap - Then.

Now - mountains. A lake. Cas in the woods. A house. Kelly prays to God. I need help. She can't figure out how to build an Ikea crib. Cas says I told you I'd put this together. You need to rest. She says I don't. I can't. I don't know how long until....I don't know how long I have left. I won't get to teach him how to ride a bike or see him get married or even look him in the eyes, but I can build a stupid Swedish crib! I can do that! Cas can't feel what she feels, but I will give my life for your son. I will raise him and make him someone you're proud of. She knows.

Dean is not happy for the Lucifer news. And crowley's dead? Dean only believes that when he sees the body. And burns it.

Crowley smoked out into a rat. Then into a body in the ground. His preferred body.

Sam says we need Rowena. Mom asks where's she?

rowena's body is burned to a crisp. Lucifer answers the phone. Hey, Sammy.

Sam puts it on speaker. Lucifer stomped on her face until the white meat showed and set her on fire just in case. Gingers. It was screamy and messy, but had to be done. I'm about to be a dad. Sam tells him to go to Hell. Lucifer doesn't need Sam anymore. Dean won't let him walk. Hey, Dean! Lucifer says you can't kill me or put me in the cage, so like I said, you don't matter. bye bye.

Cas and Kelly return to the house. She says you went a little overboard. He disagrees. 74 books all agrees that everybody poops. Kelly in pain. She leaves magical residue on the truck that floats off.

Dean says Lucifer is right. Sam says maybe we play for time. Find Cas and Kelly and keep moving.

And the baby? hopefully we can still siphon off its grace. Mary always wanted to punch the Devil in the face. Sam says when a Nephilim is going to be born, there are plagues. things get weird.

Cas finds the floating string of power. Touches it.

Grayscale world with storms. Where? How? A monsters punches him. Someone shoots it. you?

thumb drive. kelly recording a video to Jack. I'm your mom. I know you're going to be okay. You'll be amazing. You have an angel watching over you. I love you, jack. I love you so much. I love you. She's crying. Ends the vid. She's in pain again.

Dean says a 2headed calf was born. Sam says not our kind of weird. Crowley appears. Dean punches him. Did you let Lucifer out! Sam says Dean wait. Just don't kill him. Maybe he can help us. What if he can't. then we kill him. LOL. Dean tells him Rowena's dead. Sam says really. Lucifer. Crowley thought he'd be the one to kill her. Sam asks him why? Crowley wanted to win. I wanted to win. So many people have made a play for my throne. I thought if I could put the Devil on a leash, no one would challenge me again. All ended in me escaping death by hiding in a rat. Gave me time to think. I hate my job. All those whining demons. The endless moans of damned souls. The paperwork. Who wants that? you. Once, maybe. Sam asks why are you here? Crowley knows where to wage his bets when the world is ending. He'll make it worth their while. After Lucifer's back in the cage, I'll seal the gates of Hell. you'll never see a demon again apart from yours truly. Do we have a deal?

Kelly looks for Cas. Cas. Castiel? Another contraction. Cas comes. Where were you? uh, nowhere. Is everything okay? She says no. I think it's time. Lights flash with her contraction.

At the table. Crowley drinking. Sam and Mary typing. Dean on a tablet. Sam found a massive power outage. A house rented my James Novak. That's Cas. Let's roll. Dean makes Crowley stay with the demon knife in his hand.

Kelly in bed. Cas says you're alright. The pressure waves are far apart. Contractions. He took a doula class online. Labor can be 12-18 hours, sometimes longer. Though this is a quasi-celestial being..... He looks out at the breach. She thanks him. For everything. Of course.

**That rip in reality is not good. It pulses and looks bigger with each contraction. Who saved Cas? What's going to come through that eventually?

Kelly having a contraction. tell me again what you saw. He saw the future. I saw a world without pain. War, hunger, or want. I saw the world this child, your child, will create. A world without fear or suffering or hate. I saw paradise. Lights flicker. Car pulls up outside. The Impala.

Cas goes to the door. Dean. Sam asks if this place is warded. Dean says against Lucifer? Mary says he could be right behind us. Dean says we're here to get you and Kelly and get gone. She can't be moved, she's.... Mary goes to check on her. Dean's knee still hurts. Cas heals him. Sam says we needs to double check the warding. He goes outside and sees the tear. Dean asks what that means? A doorway to another world. An alternate reality. Sam says like Bizarro world. Or like when we were actors in a show. LOL. And you were Polish. LOL. They ask how it got here. Cas says the child's birth is doing it. Cas says you don't want to know. Dean says probably, but we need to. Cas takes them there. It's Earth. But this Earth is locked in eternal war between Heaven and Hell. A friend told me. Dean asks for how bad is this? Sam says eleven. Cas says the child will close this door. I have faith. Dean says you're a dumbass. Someone's coming. Cas tells them don't shoot. Bobby!!!!

Do I know you? Sam tries. Bobby doesn't know them. Cas says it's not your Bobby. Dean says it's Sam and Dean Winchester. Bobby says he only knew John and he's dead for 40 years. Mary Campbell told a story about the man she loved. She was killed by Azazel 10 years ago. Cas says this is world where you were never born. A world you never saved.

Kelly's contractions are less than 5 minutes apart. Almost time. mary asks how she's doing? I'm dying. I know. But that's okay....wouldn't you die for your sons? Mary says yeah.

Bobby says when this whatever, all sorts of alarms when off at my place. Got here in time to see your boy tackled by a demon. Wasn't wearing a necklace of baby ears. Thinks it's too much peaches and cream on your side. Ain't so bad here if you like killing angels. It's my hobby and passion. His gun is named Rufus. Loaded with 100 rounds cast from angel blades. Dean thinks that's awesome.

Kelly struggles through another contraction.

Boys and Cas return. Dean's pretty far from alright. I don't even know where to start. Crowley is here. I'm the answer to all your problems.

Mary holds Kelly's hands. Cas wants to speak with Kelly. Mary leaves. Kelly asks what's wrong?

Dean arming up. Sam isn't ready, but when's that ever stopped us? yeah. Cas has faith in this kid. Hope he's right. But I have faith in us. Even Crowley, sometimes. this is going to work. It has to.

Cas says don't worry, it'll be fine. Kisses her head. Remember, paradise.

Outside. Lucifer arrives. this is a fun surprise. you never give up. Even when you should. Sam says Chuck will stop you like He did last time. Lucifer says you sound like a virgin at Jesus camp. Chuck is gone. I can do so much better. When in doubt, go with the classics, that's what I always say. Enough with the foreplay. Let's do this. He tosses Cas. Sam and Dean run. Lucifer says mature, really mature. Guys, I really want to enjoy this. Getting in there, getting gooey. But I'm on the clock. They go to the alt world. He follows.

Lucifer likes it. Sam says you wanted the apocalypse, you got it. Dean has the rifle. We have this bet. See if it works against an archangel. Say hello to my little friend. Dean fires them all into him. Crowley's plan is to lock Lucifer in this place. Lucifer hits Dean. Sam and Crowley work the spell. Dean's getting beat. Crowley says we need one more minor ingredient. A life. Lucifer could do this all day. Crowley surprises Lucifer. Sam grabs Dean. They run to the rift. Lucifer says you had to make it personal, didn't you? Crowley says it is personal. I hate you deeply, truly, and I'm going to enjoy wiping that smug look off your face personally. Lucifer says this one? Crowley has an angel blade. Lucifer says you're going to lose. Crowley says you're right. Bye, boys. Crowley stabs himself. The sacrifice. Cas appears. Strides toward Lucifer with his blade.

Sam pulls Dean back to our world.

Kelly is glowing. I love you. She and Mary blasted apart.

Cas stabs Lucifer.

Then is back! And stabbed through the back. Lucifer kills him. That was fun. Seriously, guys, points for trying, super impressed, but play time's over. Mary says get away from them. He recognizes her. Mary has the angel brass knuckles. Hits Lucifer. Again. And Again. And again. And again. He grabs her sleeve and they both fall through. It seals!

Lucifer screams.

Dean in disbelief. Sam notices the glowing behind them and runs into the house. Dean with Cas. Looks up to Heaven. Down at Cas.

Sam finds Kelly dead with eyes open. Closes them. There's a clunk. Footprints into the baby room. Jack isn't a baby. He's in the corner. Eyes glow.

That's the end of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment