Pages

Friday, May 12, 2017

#TheOriginals 4.8 - “Voodoo In My Blood” live blog #vampires

“Voodoo In My Blood”

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES’ MATT DAVIS GUEST STARS – After being summoned by The Ancestors, Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) and Klaus (Joseph Morgan) travel to the ancestral world and come face to face with Davina (guest star Danielle Campbell), Klaus’ former foe and the one person who holds the secrets to The Hollow’s demise. Meanwhile, old wounds are re-opened when Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) are forced into an uneasy alliance. Together, they meet with Alaric (guest star Matt Davis) who has tracked down a crucial artifact that could help in their fight against The Hollow. John Hyams directed the episode written by Talicia Raggs & Christopher Hollier (#408). Original airdate 5/12/2017.

Image credit: The CW










Episode 8:

500 AD gulf coast. Natives put flowers on an altar. A baby is crying. Shaman holds it up, offering it as sacrifice. A wolf watches in the woods. torches blow out. Flowers die. The wolf growls. The baby glows blue.

Jawbone sliding with Hope's travel around the table. Do you hear them, too? Klaus asks what's going on? Hayley asks her what she heard. Voices. Witches, the Ancestors. They have a message, a warning. Go to St. Andrews' church to talk to them, do what they say, and do it now, before the Hollow comes for us.

Alaric on the way to NO now. Found one finger bone. Klaus tells him to pick up the pace. ric says easy, Klaus. Only reason I'm coming to you is I don't want you anywhere near Mystic Falls. ric also says the Lockwoods kept records of all the families holding the bones. He says where he'll be waiting. If you're not here at 2pm, I'm chucking the bone and records in a dumpster and leaving. His monster fighting days are over. Klaus says to wait for Elijah and have a beer or else.

Elijah doesn't want Hayley to go. She's going because they asked her to. You slit the throats of 4 witches. He says it was necessary. Was it? There's always some necessity of some awful thing. Klaus says she's not wrong. Go work with Marcel. He knows the city. Perhaps it's time to mend bridges rather than throw people off them.

Marcel with his vamps. We keep the Hollow from getting the last 2 bones. We protect our city no mater what we need to do or who we kill. I need your help. Go get em. Sofya returns. He's been looking for her. She says she made a deal with Dominic to try to save him. Now you're back, I want to put our problems to bed once and for all.

Klaus thinks the church is a trap. Hayley says the witches protect their own and Hope is one of them. Klaus as always wants to be her main protector. Hayley teases he'll be awful when she starts dating. he says he'll be a perfect gentleman. If any of her suitors don't meet his expectations, he'll compel them to the priesthood. Oh, look, Harvest Girls. They've come in peace. Here to offer a deal. But we're not friends. Klaus agrees. Where are the Ancestors?

Sofya is sure his men will find the bones. Marcel says it takes time. Elijah comes. We need to talk....if you wouldn't mind. She leaves. Marcel says make it quick. Elijah says I'm meeting an expert and I need your help. he's coming with one of the bones. We don't trust each other, but we have a common goal. You come with me, I surrender the only weapon that can take your life. Sofya heard it all.

Witches need your blood. Klaus says you didn't say please. The girls will link them to Hope to give them an audience with the dead. Hayley gives first. Klaus then. He says there's something you're not mentioning. Witches say this will hurt. They arrive. Klaus asks now can I get angry with them? LOL. Davina arrives! You are going to listen to every single word I have to say because right now I'm the only thing standing between you and the Hollow.

How's Kol? I believe he's in the French Riviera. Hayley tells him to stop talking. Heh. Davina says we want to defeat the Hollow. 2 rival tribes wanted to combine their power 1000 years ago. A marriage to create a unified coven.

The ceremony.

Something went wrong? The marriage bore a child. For 9 months, the tribe elders visited the mother to grant the newborn great power.

She gives birth. But they had no idea what they were bringing into the world. She was stronger than anyone could imagine and had a terrible hunger for more power still.

Klaus asks how do we kill her. Davina says you can't.

the BBQ joint. Elijah says good thing we brought the German sports car. Says the man in the $5000 suit. Elijah says 9. I'm not a barbarian. LOL! Marcel says we don't have a lot of time. Elijah quips. Marcel says you think your cute. At least Klaus is upfront about what he wants. Elijah says we're under threat. Marcel knows and knows how he handles threats. Won't forgive him for tearing Marcel's heart out. Elijah doesn't expect it. Certainly won't forgive myself. Hmmmmmm

Ric's SUV is hexed to a stop. Sofya there. Car trouble? Ric says it just died on me. She says give me the bone. He says sorry, some other guy called dibs and he's a real jerk. He fires a crossbow. She tosses him. Ric laughs. Why are you laughing? I know something you don't. I packed that truck full of C4. boom. Awwww.

Klaus is impatient. Hayley says the tribe should've stopped it. Davina says they tried, but could not. Her hunger was insatiable. ruthless, unfeeling, empty. Her defining trait. They referred to her as The Hollow. She killed them all for fun. Klaus says we all have our bad days. Heh. Davina says she only has one weakness. Hayley. You're the one chance we have. He asks what the hell that means? She's done talking to him and disappears with Hayley. Davina? Davina!

** So much great dialogue in this ep. Hard to keep up with in text. I still can't type super fast no matter how many years I've done this.

Marcel and Elijah arrive. Ric says thanks for coming. Long walk back to Mystic Falls. Tells them about Sofya. Marcel says The Hollow is inside Sofya. We have to find a way to save her. Elijah says or put her out of her misery. That pisses Marcel off. Ric tells them the Del Robles family has a bone. Cemetery in the Treme. Marcel knows where it would be now. Ric asks to go to an ER on the way. heh

Davina and Hayley in the real world. Davina says the bloodline is the only thing that works against The Hollow. The tribes worked together to defeat her. Captured her. Death seemed the only solution. 4 of the elders imbued their magic into a mighty ax. The mother was the one to end her life. But before she could kill her child, The Hollow cast a final spell powered by her death. A curse on all present that night to bind them to the full moon. They became the werewolves. You bear the mark of the Crescent. So did she. Her mother became the first wolf. Your line is the only one with power over her. If you die, there's only one left - Hope. You can protect your daughter, Hayley, but I need you to trust me.

Del Robles crypt. Marcel reads a clue.

Davina says Hayley's blood is the Hollow's weakness. This won't work if you don't trust me. Hayley leaves the church. Davina tells the Girls they know what to do. Klaus is still in the other world.

Olivia Tierra Del Robles. Marcel breaks into her tomb. There's the bone. Elijah wants it. Marcel says no. Elijah won't ask again. Marcel says the smart play is to keep them divided but in the hands of an ally you trust. Elijah relents. Sofya shows up. You men and your silly posturing. you should know better. Your prize already belongs to me.

Marcel says Sofya, I know you're still in there. She is, but like all the rest of you, she's nothing compared to me. Elijah says come and get it. She defeats them. Hayley intervenes.

Davina doesn't care about revenge. She's protecting her home for Hope. We have the same problem the tribes did. The blue lights. They burned her remains. They separated the bones among 4 families. Never to be rejoined. Now she's free, she won't stop until she has those pieces. Klaus says put her back in the prison that held her! Davina says that's what you're here for.

Hayley hurts her with her blood. Sofya says trapping me needs a release of power. The kind you get when you sacrifice an immortal. Who will die to stop me? Marcel says no one is dying today. Sofya leaves. Elijah checks on Hayley. Hayley says Davina has Klaus.

Klaus says you lack the means. You're here as a sacrifice. Davina has the means, the thorns. Sent the Harvest Girls to go get some. When they return, your time is up.

Church. Marcel and Hayley. Davina? Don't try to stop me, Marcel. If I don't kill Klaus, she'll burn the entire city! Marcel says no, there has to be another way. She says no, you have to kill him. Brings him into the circle. You can save Hope and everyone in New Orleans. Elijah says stop, this is your revenge on me. She says it's not, an immortal has to die. Elijah says take me. If there's no other way, then end this now. Marcel says no, no one's dying today. She'll end this herself with Marcel. Bleeding him. He pleads. Hayley pleads. Davina is sorry, but it's the only way. His blood going to Klaus's cut. Hope says no! You're hurting us and I won't let you. She blasts Davina away. Hope runs into Klaus's arms. Awwwwww

**The bond between a daughter and her father can be very special.

home. Hope and Ric. you study this stuff. He says that's right. Some of them don't want to hurt you. She has things for serenity and stillness. Freya taught her some, but some I figured out on my own. He says that's very impressive. Hayley says she's an impressive lady. Ric is glad to meet her. See you around. Dad compelled the entire Magnolia candy shop to give her treats. Hayley says he wanted to save the day, but you were very brave. Hope just thought about always and forever. Hayley holds her.

Klaus and Ric. Ric is happy as long as they stay out of Virgina. From one father to another, you won't keep Hope locked up much longer. Caroline and I built a school for kids with supernatural leanings just like Hope. Our girls are learning there how to use their powers for good. Thriving. Accepting what they are. Hope would always be welcome there. Klaus says give my regards to Mystic Falls. Ric leaves. Klaus drinks.

Hayley's room. Looks at her birthmark. Elijah enters, sets the knife down. What were you thinking? You can't promise me a future and offer yourself up to die. Ooops, the Australian accent bled in. She needs him. I want a good life. He says Rebekah asked me if I could be happy, begin again. There's a beautiful village in the south of France, countryside. When we end this, I'll take you there, and promise you I'll make this right. She won't accept a kiss. Picks up the knife. Start by giving this to Marcel. She kisses him. Leaves the room.

Cemetery. Marcel say D, I'm sorry. When I lost you, my world fell apart and I went through all the stages. They deserved what they got, but now you're still gone. The only thing that keeps me in check is a code I had when I was a kid. you might think I let you down, but I know there's another way. I believe that even now. He puts a rose at her grave. I hope you still believe in me. He leaves. She was there to hear it all.

Elijah comes to the penthouse and the door is ajar. Looks around. Sofya stabs him in the back. Are you ready to die, Elijah? Because I'm quite ready to live. She stabbed him with a thorn!!

Next ep - there has to be a way to save him.

No comments:

Post a Comment