First, HOW CAN THEY END THIS SHOW ON ANOTHER 13 EPISODES?!?!?!?!?!
That Friday was a shitty day for me, so getting this news was a crap topper. I'm still pissed! The Originals never got proper respect from the network, moved all over every season with totally wrong pairings, and then two 13 episode seasons to wrap up this epic saga of Always and Forever? No.
This show deserves 100 episodes.
TO has given me a TV hangover so many times. I've cried and laughed and growled at the TV within the same episode. How can we say goodbye? Especially a season after TVD ends?
Well, I say now, if you want to save The Originals, you have to campaign. Every fan around the world tell The CW you're not ready for this show to end and demand more episodes. Show up and a network will take notice.
Okay......now for spoilers:
The new Hope: thanks to EW.com, we know that she’ll be played by 17-year-old series regular Danielle Rose Russell (The Last Tycoon).
Steven Krueger (Josh) has been promoted to a series regular.
Candice King will reprise her Vampire Diaries role on The Originals‘ fifth season premiere.
Julie Plec had posted: “I’m packing my bags for Comic-Con, realizing it’s been a year since we announced the end of The Vampire Diaries. It feels only fitting to use this anniversary to make a second farewell announcement,” she wrote on Twitter. “This year, we invite you to help us say goodbye to The Originals, which begins shooting its fifth and final season on Monday.”
“It’s both a gift and a burden to be able to control the ending of a series,” she continues, later adding, “Join us at Comic-Con and as we move ahead with our final season of The Originals. Celebrate with us, cry with us, visit with us, watch us next spring when we air… and know that in a show about an immortal family who believes in ‘Always and Forever,’ it’s never really the end of the story…”
“#TheOriginalsS5 will be our last,” star Joseph Morgan wrote on Twitter. “Thanks for your undying support & I hope you’ll keep the darkest corner of your heart reserved for us.”
Comic-Con trailer - see Hope at age 15 for the first time.
I nearly got teary seeing the retro clips.
With one season left, The Originals is jumping ahead eight years to see a teenage Hope and a Klaus that’s “gone crazy” without his family, according to Joseph Morgan.
Morgan — along with costars Charles Michael Davis, Daniel Gillies, Phoebe Tonkin, Riley Voelkel, and Yusuf Gatewood — joined showrunner Julie Plec in EW’s Comic-Con suite to talk all about season 5, from Klaus killing “loads of people” to the fact that Hope will have a boy in her life now that she’s 15.
Speaking of boys, Plec reveals that “Hayley’s got a friend with benefits,” she says.”Hayley’s getting some.” (Specifically, that man’s name is Declan and he’s Irish.)
If that’s not enough scoop, Plec also speaks about Candice King’s time on the show and the role she plays in Klaus’ life. “She’s just got so much life in her,” Plec says. “She just brings the spirits up of people around her. There’s just something great about watching Caroline call Klaus on his s—.” (Translation: Expect Caroline to tell Klaus to get over himself.)
In terms of timeline, Plec reveals the entire season will take place during Mardi Gras, “from kickoff to the Jesus bits,” as she puts it.
And it all begins when season 5 premieres in 2018.
Highlights from the Comic-Con panel:
• Voelkel, speaking to how the time jump is going to affect Freya, said that, in the time that her family has been away, Freya has had a chance to just be with Keelin: “For the first time, she’s been a little happy [and] in love.”
• The third episode of the season, which Morgan will direct, will be “all Elijah all the time,” Plec said, adding that fans will get the “entire story of what’s happened to Elijah” since he erased his family from his memory.
• Hayley and Elijah said goodbye at the end of season 4, but is there hope for reconciliation? “It’s a very complicated situation,” Plec said. At this point in her life, Plec says Hayley needs to “break the cycle of needing to rely on a man to be her champion and she needs to be her own champion and teach her daughter those lessons.” That being said, Plec added, “I love Hayley and Elijah and I do hope in some way they can find peace in eternity. I don’t know how quickly that will be able to happen but it is not something I take lightly.”
• Speaking to King reprising her role as Caroline, Plec said that Caroline has known Klaus for a long time and has “seen him from Klaus the terrible to Klaus the father,” so she “has perspective for him and the way that he’s living his life right now.” According to Plec, Caroline “can be a bit of a boost for him in a time when he needs it the most.”
• When asked if any other Vampire Diaries characters could show up, Plec said there’s an “open door policy,” though nothing is certain right now. She, for one, would love to see more Alaric.
Ausiello posted back on July 13: The CW drama’s fifth season will introduce a “calculating” vampire (aren’t they all?) named Margot, whose glory days trace all the way back to 1920s Europe. Two things you should know about Margot: She recently moved to New Orleans, and she has an “almost zealous devotion to her family.” Sounds like she’ll fit in just fine.
Spoiler from June: The show is currently casting for a devilishly charming, recently-turned vampire named Roman, who finds a common bond with Hope over their dysfunctional families.
There's also a rumor there could be a spinoff with an adult Hope in the future.
More coverage here