Pages

Sunday, November 5, 2017

#SPN 13.4 - "The Big Empty" live blog #supernatural

“The Big Empty”

THE LONG WAY HOME – When multiple patients of grief counselor Mia Vallens (guest star Rukiya Bernard) turn up dead, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Jack (Alexander Calvert) investigate the mystery surrounding the murders and, each inadvertently, are forced to deal with unresolved grief of their own. John Badham directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1304). Original airdate 11/2/2017.

 
Ep 4:

Madison, Wisconsin. Man come home. Woman waiting in the dark. You're....dead. She says I was. I missed you, Baby Bear. Then she stabs him. And leaves.

MOL bunker. Sam comes back. With coffee. Dean reading the case. And still snarky about Jack. Sam wants to bring Jack along. Dean says hell, no. Sam says we can't hide him forever and keeping him cooped up isn't working. Dean says Mom's dead, Sam. Sooner you can wrap your head around that, sooner we can move on. Sam says you can move on. From Mom. Heh. Sam insists Jack needs some air and he's a good kid. Give him a chance, for me.

Sam goes to Jack's room. Jack watching Clone Wars. Likes Ahsoka. Hates Anakin. Sam says probably for the best. LOLOLOL. Sam asks him to come on the case. No. Jack repeats what Dean said. You're using me. Sam says when you were born, it riped a hole in realtiy, a door to another world. A bad, bad place. We closed that door, but our mom, Mary, is trapped on the other side. Maybe if we get your powers back, maybe.... You want to save her. Yeah. I do. But if that can't happen, that's okay, because I do care about you. I should've told you. I'm sorry. It's a lot. Jack says Dean can't look at me. He wants to kill me. Sam won't let that happen. Dean respects effort. Help us out.

Impala. Jack says I thought lying was wrong. Heh. They tell him about ghosts. Maybe it's a revenant. It's like a zombie. Jack, we're going to talk to the witness. Dean says stay. Sit. Oy. Neighbor is sure it was the wife. Sam asks questions. Neighbor suggests a street light. Jack's in the house. Dean mad. Sam asks if he found anything. The bloodstain. Sam shows him an EMF meter and shows how it works. Dean says revenant. We gotta check her grave.

Gives Jack a shovel. Dig. Sam says you sound like Dad with all the orders. They didn't work with me and it won't work with Jack. Dean isn't hand-holding. And the kid can dig, I'll give him that. Body still in the coffin. Salt and burn it anyway. Dean says it's a whole new set of tiddly winks. We do what we do. Jack asks if his mother could be a ghost. No. We burned the body. Dean says what gets burned, stays dead.

Cas in a black nothing. Hello? Hello? Hello!

Mercedes has a flat tire on route 19. The woman sees her little boy in the backseat. He attacks and blood sprays. morning - boys on the case. Something ripped her apart. She talked to a Scotty. Her son drowned in '96. And no EMF. Dean wonders what they have in common?

Cas in the void, walking. Humanoid shape is liquid black.

Jack getting food across the street. Sam tells Dean Jack wants him to like him. Shows Dean a grief journal. Gloria got catharsis. Wes got catharsis, too. Jack returns with food. Man in front of him was really angry. They want to talk to the therapist.

Arrive at the practice. Jack says hello to a man in return. Trying to be so cheery. The therapist comes down. Dean tells Jack to speak when I tell you to speak. They go into the office. Sam asking her how it works. Dean asks about catharsis. Woman asks if they journal. Sam says our dad did. Dean says since I was a little girl. Dean says he's good. Sam says are you? Dean says Mom's dead and she's not coming back. Sam hears that, but.... Dean says my brother's delusional. He won't admit Mom's dead. If he admits it, it's real, and he can't handle that. Sam says you had something with her I never had! Now I'm supposed to accept I never will have it?! Sam leaves the room.

Sneaks upstairs to the private area. Blood stain on the banister. He goes into a bathroom. Blood in the tub and on the shower curtain. he lifts a piece of flesh.

Dean drinks from his flask. Therapist says Jack is terrified of you. Dean says nah. Right, kid? Jack says we're simpatico. She says you're angry, and if you don't want to do anything about it, that's your business, but.... Sam rushes in. Shapeshifter! She says No! I've never killed anyone. I help people. I shift into the person they've lost so they can say goodbye. Dean tells her that Gloria and Wes are dead. She's totally surprised. I have an alibi for Wes. She was volunteering at the women's shelter that night. You're hunters, but please, I'm telling you the truth.

Cas says I know you're there. I can feel you. It appears as Cas. Friendly neighborhood cosmic entity. What is this place? It says before God and Amara, what was there? Nothing. Yes, that's right, nothing. Nothing but empty, and you are soaking in it. Angels and demons come here when you die. Sleeping peaceful sleep. Since we're pals, I have to ask, why are you awake? Fun fact, in all of forever, nothing wakes up here. I don't like being awake, so what's up, smart guy? Cas says the Winchesters....must've made a deal. It says no, I'm the only one with pull here. Think harder! Grabs Cas's head.

Alibi checks out. Who is doing this? She says I think I know. Opens a drawer and a box. Buddy. When we got together, I was young and stupid. Shifter, like me. He liked hurting people. I changed my face, my name. Buddy would ruin people's lives. Liked to see their face when they had nothing left. She's trying to make up for the past. Sam says he's targeting your patients. Who has access? She says Tom, my assistant. Jack wants to go with Dean.

Night in the Impala. Dean says stay in the car. Jack wants to help. Sam told me about helping your mother. Dean says Sam's plans don't always work out. Wait here.

Sam on the phone. Tom is in the clear. A nice guy with 5 cats. He's reviewing security footage for the eye flare. Asks how it works for her. She says the patients accept it because they get to say goodbye. We're hardwired to want closure. The bald man. John Driscoll.

Cas asks what did you do to me? It read his mind. What do you want? I want you to shut up! Having you awake is like a gnat. Cas says it causes you pain. It can't sleep and it likes sleep. Cas says send me back to Earth. Send. Me. Back. It says not part of the deal. You don't want to go back. Cas says I do. Sam and Dean need me. It says save it. I know what you hate, who you love, what you fear. There is nothing for you back there. Here, let me show you. Grabs his head. Replay of Cas's pain.

Dean returns. Where's Sam? Sam took her car to go after the shapeshifter about 10 minutes ago. Jack asks her to talk. Of course.

Jack says Sam and Dean aren't my real brothers. Sometimes we have to lie and I still don't understand it.

Dean trying to call Sam.

Jack shows her the message on the computer, Kelly's video. I never met her. this is all I have. I need to see her, just once. Please? She closes the laptop. Shut your eyes. He does. you can look now. She's Kelly. Hi, Jack. She hugs him. He says I'm afraid. Sam thinks I'm good. I want to believe it, too. It's just, I, I've hurt people. I didn't mean to, it was an accident. I should feel bad, but mostly, I don't feel anything. That's why maybe, maybe I'm a monster. She says it doesn't matter what you are. It matters what you do. even monsters can do good in this world. She believes it, she has to. I have to. hug again.

Sam calls back. Shifter's gone. I was too late. Dean says get back here. On my way. Call ended. Well, that was too freakin' easy. Shifter knocked out Dean.

Shifter-Dean knocks out Jack. Then peels away to expose himself to the therapist. Hey, baby.

The void. Come on, Castiel, wouldn't you rather be a fond memory than a constant disappointment? Try and sleep. think about it. Infinite peace. No regrets. No pain. Kiddo, save yourself. Cas says I'm already saved. you can prance and preen and scream and yell and remind me of my failings, but I'm awake and I will stay awake until we both go insane. I will fight you forever. For eternity. It says no, no.... Release me. Release Me!

Dean cuffed. Jack out still. Dean wakes. Buddy and the therapist. Dean trying to wake Jack. Snap these cuffs. Sam believes in you. You gotta try. Buddy tells her she's a monster. You kill them. End them, or you die. He has Dean's gun. What's it gonna be? She says shoot me. Shoot me! Someone arrives. Sam outside. Dean yells to Sam and gets hit. Sam enters the house. Pulls his gun. We're in here! Jack uses his power at Buddy. Veers the bullet away from Sam. Sam shoots Buddy.

therapist says it's my fault. i'll take care of him. I just wanted to help people. Jack says you did.

Home. Kitchen. Dean grabs beer. Jack says hey. Dean says You did good today, Jack. Walks out. Jack smiles.

Dean gives Sam a beer. I was out of line. Sorry for being a dick lately. Sam thanks him. Dean says maybe you're right about the kid. He tries. And saved our ass. That's a win. Sam says I guess. Sam says what if you're right about Mom and I'm in denial? Dean says don't say that. What? You've been wanting me to admit it. Dean says I know, but don't say that. Keep the faith for both of us. Right now I don't believe in a damn thing.

Cas is in a field. Gets to his feet. Looks up at the sun.

Next ep - Sam and Dean work a case. Guy with a drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment