Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2018

#Arrow 6.18 - "Fundamentals" live blog

“Fundamentals"

OLIVER IS VISITED BY A GHOST FROM HIS PAST — In his darkest place yet, Oliver (Stephen Amell) wonders if he has failed at everything – being a father, a mayor, and a hero. His frustration rising, Oliver lashes out at Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and William (guest star Jack Moore). A surprising visit from an old friend has Oliver questioning his next move. Ben Bray directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#618). Original airdate 4/12/2018.

Episode 18:

Spoiler alert - did you hear about Roy Harper as a regular in season 7?


Cops chatting. Lights flicker. Call back-up now! Oliver in the original Arrow hood. Where's Diaz?! He attacking all the cops. Where's Diaz? Where's Diaz?! In there. Barricaded behind cops with guns. This is going to be fin.

10 hours earlier. News talks about the firing last ep. Impeachment is highly possible. Oliver says we need rock solid proof they're working with Diaz. Felicity monitors the internal police feed. Every night, it goes dark. 45 minutes later, it's back up. 10:13 every night. Oliver wants to get Diaz there. Felicity says you can't go there alone. Maybe John changed his mind. John arrives. Felicity Parent Trapped them into the same room. She wants to talk. The boys say they said all they needed to. Oliver snipes at him. John says it doesn't have to be that way. He says he's thinking of taking a job at ARGUS. Oliver says I've listened to your advice for 6 years. I've earned a reprieve. Felicity didn't think it'd go like this. John says it's who he is. You know that.

Oliver and a man in the mayor's office. He says the idea that Diaz could compromise a DA and police chief is laughable. I hope you have something for the Council than suspicions. I believe in due process. Oliver will bring evidence. Quentin asks what? Felicity is working on it. Quentin says you've looked better. Oliver says John left the team. There is no team. Quentin says you've changed since the Hood. Thing's will get better. You stay the course. Oliver leaves to check into his family.

Felicity hacked Napster for a school project. William grew cabbage. Oliver arrives. William says we're late. Oliver pushes her on the evidence. She gives him a thumb drive. This will show that Oliver is the Green Arrow. He says you ran out of time focusing on me and John reconciling instead of doing your job. William says we're going to be late. Oliver smashes the experiment box. Felicity tells him to get out.

Bunker. She's there. He thought he heard something. How's William? He won't come out of his room. Oliver doesn't know what made him lose it like that. Everything's piling up. She says we need some space, Oliver. Losing it on William crosses a line. He's your son. You just showed him who his father really is. That's not the man I married.

Oliver sitting, thinking. Quentin comes in. You okay? You don't look good. Oliver says Felicity found proof they're in bed with Diaz. Why does your face says that's not great? Council will ask where I got it. What will you do? Don't know. My wife wants a separation. I lost my temper in front of my son. I scared him. Quentin says apologize and sleep on the couch for a night. Oliver isn't so sure. Why does everyone keep leaving me? Quentin says the thing about change....becoming a better person means being a different person. Some don't like that. John, the others, have their own issues. Felicity loves you. She'll come around. Quentin will reach out to Samanda Watson for help on Diaz. Council meeting is in an hour. Oliver says he'll be there. Quentin leaves. Something beating on a pipe. Oliver grabs a gun. It's Adrian! In the elevator. You never went back for my body. He's firing at Oliver. Too many shots out of a revolver. Oliver fights with him. Getting beat. Oliver gets him in a head lock. Adrian says I'm not playing games this time. Only one way to stop it. Oliver breaks his neck. And now there's no body and no injuries. Adrian says consider the possibility I'm not killable. Oliver says no. You're dead, still on Lian Yu. I'm hallucinating.

Waiting for chemical analysis. He's still seeing Adrian. You think you've been dosed with something. Or You're finally going crazy. I really like this Ricardo Diaz. Don't hurt the people you love. Just make them all abandon you. Everything you touch dies. It's happening just like I told you it would and nothing in that blood test is going to change that. Vertigo. The handshake. Collins. Oliver prepares to leave. Adrian tells him don't take to Quentin. He's the only one left in your corner. Maybe you're a better, happier Oliver Queen, but it's sure made you a worse hero. You're stretched too thin, buddy. Maybe you're so good at Oliver Queen that the Green Arrow's mission is suffering. Does Vertigo show you your worst fear? Oliver says you're not my worst fear, not even close. Adrian says I know. It's yourself. You're the one enemy you can't defeat. Oliver gets in the elevator. Phone rings. Quentin. He says I was dosed with Vertigo and I'm dealing with it. Where are we with Watson? She's mulling it over. Quentin says get here as fast as you can.

Oliver is in the Queen Mansion again. The sailboat model. The fireplace and finery. Laurel! He turns around. She asks Why are you looking at me like that?

Are you okay? He doesn't know. Adrian appears. She says you can tell me anything. He says I know that. I need to leave. She says the boat leaves at 6. Want me to help you pack? Adrian keeps messing with his head.

Oliver is in Laurel's hospital room. She's scared. Doesn't want to die. Worries about her father. Oliver wearing the Green Arrow outfit. He knew Laurel would be the Canary with or without him. I thought I could protect you. Now he sees Rene. I gave you an out. Told you to stand down. Rene says John and Felicity came to see me. Curtis and Dinah appear to pick at him, too. Oliver says it's not real.

He's in his apartment. Rosa is bleeding. Man with a dragon tattoo came. I tried to stop him. Diaz confronts him. Stabs him in the gut. That feel real enough for you. Why doesn't anyone kill you straight? You're more dangerous as a martyr than Green Arrow. There's a lot left I have to break.

Oliver in the bunker. He wakes up and gets up. He calls Quentin. Delay the meeting. Hood says You have failed this city and you know why. There was never supposed to be a Team Arrow. Never supposed to be a Green Arrow! You lost the mission! And now you know what you have to do to get it back.

It's been over an hour. Where is the mayor? Oliver arrives. Takes Quentin aside. Where are we with Watson? On our own. Sure you want to play our only card? it's our only card. Oliver starts talking about the flash drive. Adrian is sitting at the table. Oliver says the Green Arrow gave it to me. When it gets heated, Quentin pulls Oliver out of the room. I'm worried about you. Still got Vertigo in your system? Yep. We need to retreat. Go back to your secret lair. Get yourself well. We'll figure out the next steps. Adrian says I thought you were a half decent mayor. Not great at hiring DAs, though. Oliver says Vertigo will be out of my system soon and you will be gone. Adrian says I'm you. You know what to do. Take out Diaz once and for all. He's at SCPD at 10:13PM every night. Will you be there to meet him?

Felicity and William return home from the science fair. Where's dad? Her purse is beeping. She tells him to play games, she has to work. Pick up, pick up....Quentin. Tell me Oliver's with you. He's not. Oliver's been dosed with Vertigo. He said you left him. She says what? I'd never. She says Oliver is on the way to confront Diaz, you have to stop him. William was listening. He knows she has to go and offers tennis shoes.

Quentin confronts the Hood. You're outnumbered! Oliver insists he can handle it and knocks Quentin down. Felicity gets here. Leave. I have to save my husband. She sees evidence of what Oliver did in the first scene. Follows her tracker on him. Finds him. Do not open that door. There are a bunch of trigger happy cops. It's the real me. Do not go through that door. You go through that door, what happens to William? William has you. What happens to me? You left. No, that wasn't me. I'm here. I'm glue. Listen to my voice. Adrian whispers to Oliver. She says I know it feels like you lost everything. He doesn't know how to tell if she's real. She says that's the Vertigo. Listen to your heart. They run.

Diaz says go after them.

Oliver shoots an arrow up. They repel into the ceiling. Cops start shooting.

Quentin in the bunker with them. Felicity made a cleanse concoction for Oliver. Do not smell it. he says salty. She says it's a hangover cure. Not that I've used it. Much. In a long time. Quentin gets a call. She remarks on Oliver wearing the original suit. He says John had a point I was spreading myself thin. I believe in the good I can do as Green Arrow, but I need to bring the mission back to where it started. Alone. Quentin says turn on the news. Council voted to impeach Oliver. Quentin offers to call the lawyer. Oliver says no. You're the mayor now.

Raisa came over on short notice. They thank her for babysitting. Felicity says it sounded like you were firing Overwatch. Oliver says I'm not firing anyone. To take out Diaz, I need single minded focus. I need to separate these two worlds. We'll chat later, but I need to talk with William. Oliver enters his room. I'll be fine. I'm worried about you. I'm really sorry about before. I would never intentionally... William asks if he can stop Ricardo Diaz? Oliver says I need to know I won't lose you or Felicity ever. William says you won't.

Siren comes to Diaz at the precinct. Clearly I should've brought a broom. She doesn't get why Diaz doesn't kill Oliver. Diaz says he's more dangerous as a martyr. Impeachment was a step. The next is we spread the word Star City is open for business.

Next ep - Diaz controls the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment