Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

#Arrow 6.20 - “Shifting Allegiances” live blog

“Shifting Allegiances”

RENE RETURNS TO NTA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) turns to an old friend to help battle Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo). Meanwhile, Rene (Rick Gonzalez) is out of the hospital but has a hard time re-adjusting to life as Wild Dog. Also, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) discovers something shocking about Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Rebecca Bellotto (#620). Original airdate 4/26/2018.

Episode 20:

Drunk Russians. One takes an arrow. Green Arrow wraps him up.

Then appears to another Russian. Made a Bratva bargain. Russian tosses a blade. Show him that. He'll know it's from me.

Curtis brings Rene home. Zoe's there. They hug. Dinah, too. We have cake, your favorite. Zoe cuts him a slice. They ask Rene how he's feeling. Ready to take on Diaz. Dinah and Curtis haven't found him, yet.

Diggle informing ARGUS agents about Diaz and his allies. 24-7 surveillance on his known spots and subordinates. You have your orders. Agent comes in and compliments Diggle's efforts. He's for a tip. Woman running weapons for the Quadrant. Diggle hopes she'll lead them to Diaz.

Diaz says this suit is worth $100,000? For the basic cut. Diaz doesn't want the basic. Room for guns and muscles. Siren arrives. He thought they'd meet last night. She says your men are lying again. Diaz says the new mayor needs instruction. I need to have a conversation, lay down the ground rules. I'll talk to him. You set it up. You trust me, don't you , baby? She says of course I do. I'll make it happen. But her face looks worried.

Anatoly and crew discussing baseball on the TV. No more Vodka. We need beer. Room went quiet. All the men are asleep or dead. Anatoly pops the top on a beer. He tells Kapushion I'm not frightened. Oliver says I want to talk. Anatoly says we stopped talking a year ago. Oliver says I have a tip from a friend in Russia. He shows the knife. I owed you and them a debt. I paid it. You can go home now, Anatoly. You're an honorable man. Diaz isn't. Help me stop him. Anatoly says you're right. I was honorable man. He tazes Oliver. Oliver drops unconscious.

**This Anatoly rift still doesn't feel earned.

Oliver chained up. Handcuffs would've been fine. Anatoly laughs. Most of your tricks, I taught you. Also to not go into things alone. Oliver says I'm back to basics. Anatoly amused. Oliver thought he wanted back into the Bratva. Anatoly thanks him. But the Bratva cast me out at the first trouble. Diaz is going to make me a very rich man. Oliver will still take him down. Anatoly says alone you cannot. Oliver says the mission was always supposed to be solitary. A team I care about splits my focus. He took over the city while I was distracted. Anatoly says if you really believe that, you're an even bigger fool than I thought, and that's saying something.

Curtis and Dinah update Rene on what he's missed. Asks for the plan. Curtis waiting for an NSA tip to pan out. They can't keep waiting. Curtis says hit Diaz's wallet. He's out of Vertigo. Dinah says Diaz used to lead the Scorpions. They're a big supplier.

Quentin and Siren at dinner. She says I'm really sorry. Diaz comes in. Thought I' come down in person to congratulate you. We have a lot in common. He sits next to her. Quentin asks what the hell do you want? Diaz wants some land sold privately. Quentin will not. Diaz insists. He says why would I hurt Laurel. She's with me now. And she's such a smart little thing. She knows how to pick the winning side. I hope that runs in the family. Let's go baby. Come on. She glances back at Quentin.

Curtis and Dinah listening in on the Scorpions. Big guy blocks the laser. Rene confronts him to get him to move. Then apologizes. I get a little crazy when I lose. Curtis got the location.

What if we're wrong and the crates are filled with something other than drugs? NTA hits it. It's weapons. Is Diaz the buyer? Yeah, no one does anything in the city without his say so. Gunfire outside. Who are the guys in the suits? NTA wants out. Scorpions being mowed down by the Quadrant. Rene freezes and Dinah protects him. We're trapped. Rocket fired. ARGUS gets in from above. Diggle drops in. Let's go now! They repel up.

**John, offer them ARGUS jobs. They'd be good assets there.

Dinah heard about the Quadrant. Diggle says they're very real. Curtis says good thing you showed up when you did. John apologizes to Rene. Things got really out of hand. Rene thanks him. Let's get back to work. Diaz is working with the Quadrant. Quentin enters the bunker. Diaz paid me a visit, and wants a building that's city property. Notices that Diaz was wearing that ring. Diaz IS Quadrant. John asks where is the building?

Anatoly's men have woken up. Time to go see Diaz. Oliver says think he'll give you an award? Anatoly says a man can dream. Heh. He sees Diaz for who he is. I understand his code. Oliver says you working for him, you are betraying everything you believe in. Anatoly tells his men there's no need to be gentle.

Rene can't stop thinking about dying. I froze. PTSD. Not so much about dying, it's-- About leaving Zoe without a father. How do you deal with it? John says I don't. When I put this holster on, I leave Daddy at home. You've been out of the game for a month. It'll come back to you. Give it some time. Truck arrives. City is used to ship the weapons out. A way-station. They leave to regroup at ARGUS.

Siren comes to Quentin's office. She is here to tell him he doesn't have a choice. You have to sign! Quentin says don't pretend you give a crap about me. She says you have no idea what Diaz is capable of. He's so much more than a thug and yes, I am scared, and you should be, too. Sign the damn paper. Quentin is angry, betrayed, hurt. She says hate me all you want, just sign the paper. He says there's no need for you to be in my home now. When I get home, please be gone. She tries to appeal. He yells Get out of here now! NOW!

Casnian weapons are shipping out tonight. John says we can't stop that ordinance. We destroy it. Tag the trucks and let ARGUS take them out. If Diaz is there, we take him out. Rene's not doing well. If I go out there like this, I'm no good to anyone. I have to sit this out. Dinah and Curtis worried. John says we'll be fine.

Siren packing. Quentin says wait. Back at my office, I've never heard you sound so scared. You're serious. She says Diaz is a monster. You can't imagine what it's been like. He brings up working for Damian to keep Laurel safe. When I betrayed him, he killed her. I know what it's like to do a bad thing for a good reason. He signed the order. But on one condition. She says Diaz isn't human inside. I watched him burn a man alive over a childhood grudge. If I cross him, what will he do to me. Quentin will protect her. I refuse to let what happened to my Laurel happen a second time. She says so we protect each other.

Anatoly tells Oliver that he thought about what Oliver said. But last year, when i trusted you. So if I betray myself, it's because you betray me first. Diaz in here.

John and the others on site. Curtis will paint the targets.

First Quadrant convoy ready to move out. Curtis gets to work. 2 trucks targeted. And a 3rd. Dinah covers his back. 4th truck. Drone on site. Blows up trucks. 3 to go. Now 1 left. They chase the truck. Curtis uses his ball drone to hit it. Truck overturns from the drone strike.

**A lot more efficient and less messy and even quicker than when Oliver tries to lead a team. New team ARGUS made a good plan and executed it. Win for the good guys. I'm definitely on board with NTA joining John at ARGUS to save the world.

**If Oliver is going to lead people, it should be a group like the League. Not the literal League, but their skills.

Diaz is pissed about the loss. Oliver says I don't have any friends. Diaz hits him. Oliver says it tickles. Diaz hits him again. Oliver says you can do better than that. Anatoly says stop. You need him alive. In Bratva, we have ways to deal with conflict. Not....this. Diaz says life ain't fair. He tells Diaz that every drop of blood from a prone man is a sign of weakness, your weakness. Diaz says he's not weak and agrees. Anatoly releases Oliver. Diaz offers a deal. Put me down and I leave the city. I put you down and you leave forever. Oliver agrees. They fight. And roll. Oliver draws blood. Diaz knocks him down. Tosses him into a wall. Oliver retaliates on top. He gets Diaz in a choke. Yield or I'll break your neck! Diaz stabs him with a knife. Stands up. Like I said. Life ain't fair. Oliver says you have failed this city. I'm going to take it back. He passes out. Diaz says maybe he won't be so smart when he wakes up.

Oliver in the dark in a cell. Lights. Anatoly comes in. Oliver thanks him. Brought bandages. Not for the bandages, Anatoly. Thanks for giving me the chance to take out Diaz. Anatoly wanted to see for himself. Which one of you had honor. Just like you wanted. You allowed yourself to be captured. Oliver counted on him being the man I knew. That man was my friend. Anatoly says I have plan to get you out of here. Man comes in. Diaz wants to see Oliver.

Curtis feeling the high of teamwork. John has a debrief on his schedule. Curtis asks him to join. Dinah, too. John says I made a decision and I'll see it through. But we'll help each other. But even if I did join you guys, you'd still be down a teammate.

Curtis comes to Rene's. Zoe's asleep. He's checking up on Rene. Rene says it's been half a day! Curtis says with Diaz working with the Quadrant, we need you. Rene says every time I think about going out there again, all I think about is Zoe. She says I'll be fine, Dad. And she's known about the vigilante thing. Rene apologizes for the secret. Says he doesn't need to be Wild Dog anymore. She says this is my home and I want you to fight for it. You taught me to be brave even when things are scary. Rene hugs her.

Siren brings the contract to Diaz. He says this is good. She asks why it has to be legal. Diaz rips it. I needed to know I could trust the new mayor. Oliver limps in. Diaz says we had an agreement. I put you on the floor, you leave the city. But I had a certain pang of conscience. You can stay in the city. For 25 to life. I'm moving up your trial. How's next week for ya? Don't even think about getting bail. I've got a lot of friends at the courthouse.

TV news shows Oliver's arrest. Bail revoked. Trial is May 3rd. If convicted, he could face a life sentence. Felicity and William watch the TV.

Oliver cuffed in a room alone.

Next ep - the trial has Siren on the stand. Who is the Green Arrow? Oliver sees Tommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment