Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.2 - “One Wrong Turn On Bourbon” live blog #vampires

“One Wrong Turn On Bourbon”

THE RETURN TO NEW ORLEANS — When a mysterious disappearance brings Klaus (Joseph Morgan) back to New Orleans, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) looks forward to the prospect of seeing her father again. However, when the dark magic that had been keeping them apart begins to manifest in dangerous ways across the city, Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) turns to Ivy (guest star Shiva Kalaiselvan) for guidance about what it may mean. Elsewhere, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) returns to New Orleans amidst increased tensions between the supernatural factions, while Freya (Riley Voelkel) makes a decision about her future with Keelin (guest star Christina Moses). Finally, Roman’s (guest star Jedidiah Goodacre) surprise visit to the Mikaelson compound forces Hope to reveal some dark truths about her family. Steven Krueger also stars. Carol Banker directed the episode written by Carina Adly MacKenzie (#502). Original airdate 4/25/2018.

Episode 2:

Hope in pajamas. She remembers back to listening to jazz. And making a circle for a spell. Lights candles. Chants. Sees Klaus ripped out hearts. He yells at her to Get out!

Freya. Klaus greets her. The years have been kind to you. Sunblock, the love of a good woman, and literal witch craft. She says you can't stay, Hope's home. He's only here to find Hayley. She knows he spoke to Elijah, then it rained red. He says tell me about Hayley.

Hope's vase of flowers dies. She hurries downstairs. Klaus runs off upon hearing her footsteps.

Pouring shots. Marcel toasting Poppy. Lived a century, but still taken too soon. to poppy! the bar says. Josh wants no tequila at his wake. He wants mourning and wailing in the streets. A woman confronts Marcel about Henry. The Crescents are protecting him. Josh says don't worry about her. She's a pretty upstanding citizen. Marcel doesn't like her tone. One dissent means more. Josh says people says you can't be kind of the vampires because you're not a vampire. Marcel's phone buzzes and he excuses himself.

Klaus. You can't be here. Klaus says good to see you, Marcellus, after all this time. Sorry about Rebekah. He tells him Hayley is missing. Been days. I'll stick to the shadows but there are certain leads I can't follow. Marcel asks what do you need?

Freya and Vincent. She brought spiked coffee. Klaus is in town. Vincent knew the blood rain was them. She says Hayley's missing. Klaus is here to find her, then he'll leave and so will Keelin and I. She says ask the Oracle what's next. Maybe Ivy will let you palm her after she reads your palm. Heh. He says I'll miss you when you go.

Hope in her room. Roman visits from the school. I needed to talk to you. She asks how he knows where she lives? He broke into Alaric's office. He asks to come in. She hums assent. He says as a vampire I need you to say it out loud. She says come in. He says cute jammies. He has questions about Henry. She says your friends bullied him all the time. He's here to pay his respects. He can't sleep. She says Henry's not dead. He's fine. I have to dress, I have somewhere to be. Can you turn? Yeah. But she's visible in a mirror. He says it's barely dawn. Lizzie said Henry jumped from the turret. She says Lizzie also said a rumor about me. He heard that, and that she's a lost Romanian princess. He asks her secret. She says she exploded an orphan Romanian princess with her brain. LOL.

Klaus comes to Declan for info on Hayley. Tries to compel him. Who are Hayley's enemies? Declan says she's a single mother. Then threatens him to cooperate. He says Hayley stood me up. Figured someone did a number on her heart. Figured it was Hope's father, but you're a ray of sunshine, so it had to be someone else. Taunts Klaus about being here for Hayley and Hope every day. There's a painting Hope did on the wall. Where were you? Klaus pushes him into the wall and is about to bite when Hope magics him away. Really, Dad?

**Don't think Declan knew about the supernatural parts. At least it doesn't sound like he's aware of much.

Klaus compels Declan to the butcher's and to not remember him. Declan greets Hope and says her favorite is in the fridge before he leaves. Klaus says she needs to leave. She says Mom's missing. I'm scared. He backs off. I can hear the whispers, we're too close! If you don't stay away, I'll tell Freya to confine you. And I don't want to. Go home. A snake crawls across the kitchen island.

Marcel and Josh come to the Crescents. Talk to the alpha. Marcel hears a racing heartbeat. He says the king of the city doesn't require an invitation. She says feel free to put a tariff on my tea. You're not getting your hands on that boy.

Vincent goes to Ivy. Asks about the future. She doesn't believe in greater questions. Shouldn't look further than one ought to. You want to know the end. Vincent worries the world will crack open any moment. I'm looking for some kind of guidance. Please. Another snake at the fountain.

Keelin comes to Freya early. Freya hugs and kisses her.

Henry doesn't feel well. I'm so hungry. His guardian is trying to reassure him. He says trust me. I have to run. Josh says that wouldn't end well. he steps in. We were friends once, Lucina. Henry killed someone that didn't deserve it. Marcel wants to dry out the kid. When he gets out of punishment, he'll be one of my guys. I protect my guys. Lucina invites Marcel in.

Roman snooping. Hope catches him. He says this is a house of horrors. Did you know you have a dead redhead in the parlor? She says it's my dad's crazy ex. A sleeping spell. No one knows what to do with her. He asks for her secret. She tells him. Her father, her mother, her grandmother. The mythical tribrid freak show.

Henry chained at Josh's house. Marcel asks who don't you think Hayley will keep protecting you? What did you do to her? Henry doesn't know. He didn't do anything to Hayley. But he can't say more. Josh asks who are you protecting? Marcel says his sire.

Roman and Hope. He caresses her hair. Must have been so lonely keeping your secret all this time. Klaus yells for Hope. She tells Roman to run. He'll wear your spine as a necklace. Boy bails. Klaus comes in. Tell me it isn't true. What Have You Done With Your Mother?

**Hope, hiding your own mother with magic is beyond typical teenage rebellion. Does she not get that Hayley is part of keeping New Orleans in balance? Has she been taught nothing? Princess needs to know the kingdom she inherits.

Vincent and Ivy. Freya's tower, for privacy. She says when I ask the Earth a question, I can taste its truth on my tongue. Ask your question. He says ask about Klaus Mikaelson. Cards float. One is left. The Empress. Ivy says this is about Klaus's daughter.

Klaus chews out Hope over this. Mom's fine, in a really nice coffin, sleeping. She wrote the spell herself. He reminds her we're in danger when we're close. Flowers die. The dark magic inside me is deadly. We're putting others in danger in the whole city. She doesn't care! He says this is not a debate, Hope!

Keeling and Freya can hear the yelling. Freya says Hope's right on schedule. She had teenage magic tantrums, too. Keelin is happy Freya is coming with her. This city suffocates them. Freya says Time we get to breathe. They start making out on the bed.

Klaus says the little girl he remembers would never hatch this scheme. She says she's not that little girl anymore. Hope read Klaus's memoirs. You compelled Cami to write it. You locked your family members in coffins when they got in your way. He says so you've studied my old tricks. Did you learn this one? He reads her head and gets the location. She tells him to get out of her head! I'll ask your mother to take it easy on you. Goodbye, Hope. She spells the doors closed. I know some tricks, too. Another snake on a table. Klaus glares at her.

Marcel and Josh. Henry is in Josh's trunk. Marcel says no mention of Hope. Just Henry. Josh says Hope can make more hybrids. She's a problem. 7 years in New Orleans and I didn't lose anymore. Hope is a Mikaelson on the brink and we have to prepare.

She says you stopped writing letters. Why? He says you came to me because cards and letters weren't enough. I stopped for your own good. She says you don't know what's good for me. They yell at each other again. More snakes around the fountain.

Sabine prophesied that Hope will be the end of us all. Vincent tells Ivy that Sabine was a charlatan. Ivy says the cards will tell the truth. Abundance. Peace. Success. Then he's burned. The hang man. Slavery. The tower - calamity. That charlatan was right, Vincent. Hope Mikaelson will be our downfall.

Klaus was protecting Hope when he left. The horror in her eyes is burned in his memory. She didn't know which version of him was real. The monster or the dad who told stories about the princess. She says I waited for years and you didn't come. He says father's cause pain. There's a certain kind of ruin only father can leave behind. You were such a sweet little girl. Perhaps I was bound to leave your broken. She says You think I'm broken? Maybe that little girl was better off if she never loved you at all. She opens the doors. You can go now. He whispers Hope, *please*. Then notices the snakes in the courtyard and runs.

**The whispers are more and more intense. Feels like the Hollow would be worse a second time than the first.

Night. Henry is bricked into the garden. He doesn't know why the hunger is so bad. Marcel says be quiet. You'll dessicate faster if you give in. Hope comes in. I'm so sorry, Henry. I never meant for this to happen. She compels him to be calm. When you get out, I'll be here and we'll be friends. If you get scared, close your eyes and sing.

Ivy apologizes to Vincent. You came to me for reassurance. He tells her about the signs. She says New Orleans will be taken to its knees. He says Hope might be strong enough to destroy the city, but she also might ignite a revolution. Just need to change the course.

Marcel says to Hope that was nice what you did for Henry. She tells him about the point system she did in her head when she was a girl. Judging everything she did. She says my family sacrificed so much for me. I'm supposed to be worthy, to be better. My dad thinks I'm broken. I don't think he loves me anymore. Marcel says your dad will love the very worst of you until the oceans are dust. You are worth everything. You are good, period. Show me anyone who says otherwise. I'll eat em. He hugs her. She says she's okay. He says this is for me, I need it.

Klaus and Freya coming to get Hayley. Hope mentioned a cloaking and sleeping spell. And the coffin is empty. There are claw marks and blood all over! Freya says oh my God.

Klaus tells Hope we went to the church to get your mother. She wasn't there. She doesn't understand. He says the coffin was destroyed. Whatever happened didn't happen without a fight. She's panicking. He says this is my fault. I'll fix it. I've already spoken to Alaric. You'll go to Mystic Falls tonight. I need to know you're safe. A snake comes out of her! Go, you have to get out, get out. He swears to find Hayley and return her. I love you. He leaves.

Freya chanting. I can't feel magic here. Just Hayley's fear. She tells Keelin to leave. Keelin wants to organize the wolves. Freya says go on your trip. See the world. Breathe. I can't be the reason your whole life is on hold and I can't be any use to Hope with that burden. Keelin says I love you. Let me be here for you. Freya can't. I can't love you and my family at the same time. I don't want you to stay. She turns her back.

Bar. Josh tells Henry's guardian she didn't the right thing. Henry will be okay, I promise. Marcel tells everyone tonight justice was served. Henry will serve his punishment, then New Orleans will open her arms to him again. Dance, drink. Romance this city as it deserves. Tomorrow, we do it again.

Hope finds Roman. He asks if she's okay. A woman screams. People call for help, for 911. Henry is hanged from a balcony with his heart ripped out! Marcel and Josh and everyone comes to see.

Next ep - Elijah has never heard of vampires. He can't remember his name. He woke up in a bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment