Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.1 - "Where You Left Your Heart" live blog #vampires

"Where You Left Your Heart"

THE BEGINNING OF THE END - Desperate to see her father Klaus (Joseph Morgan) after seven years, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) resorts to drastic measures to bring her father back to New Orleans. Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) attempts to minimize the fallout from Hope's actions, but not before news of what she's done ripples through the city. Meanwhile, Freya's (Riley Voelkel) guilt over not being able to reunite her family gets in the way of her happiness with Keelin (guest star Christina Moses), while Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) struggles with her inability to fully commit to Marcel (Charles Michael Davis). Finally, struggling without Elijah (Daniel Gillies) by his side, Klaus' murderous rampage throughout Europe leads to an unexpected encounter with Caroline Forbes (guest star Candice King). Yusuf Gatewood and Steven Krueger also star. Lance Anderson directed the episode written by Marguerite MacIntyre (#501). Original airdate 4/18/2018.














Image credit: The CW

Episode 1:
7 years later. Klaus in Paris. He's physically drawn to the place. All satellites orbiting those we love. He's trying to convince the bouncer to let him in. You must have heard of me. The man i8s stoic. So Klaus rips out his heart and takes a bite of it. I myself prefer Klaus the mad. Do spread the word.

Mystic Falls, VA. Salvatore Mansion/school. Teens in the halls. Hope exchanges money for 1 now, 1 after. Sure about this, Henry? Yes. Do me a favor, be discreet. He drinks it. It's red, like blood.

Henry leaves a message for a woman. There's nothing you could've done. He opens a window and drops out of it.

Hope's room. Someone knocks. Mr. Williams, what's up? Alaric wants to see her about Henry. Is he calling my mom? Yeah and he thinks your dad should know what you're up to. Pack your bags, Hope. You're going home.

New Orleans. The bar. Josh and Hayley and Vincent and Freya served drinks. We should get back to Mardi Gras prep. Witches. Werewolves. Vampires will steer clear of both? Josh wants to offer incentive. Could always use daylight rings. Vincent says Marcel. Texting Josh. We need to make sure they all need to stay away as far as possible. Hayley says relax. We're fine. Declan sent Hayley oysters. Until the date tomorrow. Josh says marry him or I will. Hayley says he's human. Life is complicated enough. Phone. Hope's school.

Hope sees a boy enter the room. Going somewhere? Home. I got suspended. Hope Marshall got suspended? Cool. He walks off. Henry sits with her. Sorry I got you in trouble. She says what part of jumping out of a tower is discreet? He says he had to make sure it would work. He's a hybrid now. She says they'll hate you for being different. You haven't thought this through, Henry. He says you wouldn't understand. They continue arguing. He asks if her dad will kill him for getting her suspended? She says he'd have to bother to be a dad.

Freya and Keelin. Magical Skype. They'll see each other again in 5 days. Keelin says the program asked me to re-up another cycle. 6 months. Come to me. You'd love Lebanon. Freya can't do that without fixing her family. Keelin says you don't have to be in New Orleans to figure it out. Spend 7 months in Lebanon with me.

New York City. Rebekah blindfolded. Marcel surprising her. 4 objects and a question. 1st object. A dress he bought her in the past. Next. The house he designed for her. We can build it anywhere you like. The sword. She once said she wouldn't marry any man unless he could best her. He doesn't want to best her. Don't want to be in front of or behind you. I want us side by side. And the moment I realized that, I went in search of this. Engagement ring. Rebekah Mikaelson, delicate as lace, elegant as a design, strong as steel, love of all my lives, will you marry me? She's teary. He holds up on envelope. If you say yes. And a second. If you say no. Should be a pretty easy call. She says Should be. Except..... He says please don't say the family.

Manosque, France. Elijah playing piano. Klaus enters the bar. People clap when Elijah finishes. Klaus says an old favorite. I can't resist a familiar refrain. Roses wilt and die in a nearby vase.

**Klaus, what are you doing? You know the RISK.

Elijah starts playing a new song. Klaus is a sucker for it. You play with such finesse. Klaus likes Mahler. I have a bit of a temper. Elijah says I can't tell by looking at you. Klaus says it's a balm to hear it. Elijah is playing Mack the Knife. Klaus says my family is geographically challenged. He hasn't spoken to Hope in 5 years. Elijah says sounds like a recipe for regret. Klaus says you sound like my brother. He was my lodestar. He's been away. I've only just realized how far he's gone.

Marcel and Rebekah's place. She's in the bath. He says you didn't say yes. She didn't say no. He says it's about us. How long will we be delayed by your family? Rebekah calls him on texting Josh about New Orleans. His mistress. Her roses wilt and blood runs from the faucet. Where is my phone?

Klaus's phone. Don't overreact. She rants at him. He says it's escalating. Yes it is. She says it's bloody Biblical. You've stayed too long! Elijah asks for requests. She asks Klaus how Elijah looks? He says happy. He seems happy. You spoke to him? First time. She misses him, too, but you've got to leave. NOW.

Hope wants her mother to yell already. Hayley asks what could you possibly need the money for? Selling your blood is not right. Do you understand what you've done? Henry will be one of only 3 hybrids in the world. He'll be seen as a threat to this city. Tomorrow I have to clean up the mess you've made before it gets worse.

Freya and Vincent talk about Keelin's offer. She heard about Hope's trouble. She tells Vincent what Hope did. Vincent tells Freya to get Keelin back here so you can't go. We're a team. She says it's only 2 things. Bad things come in threes. Then the flowers die. She says Hope is coming to the Quarter until this blows over. Trust me. The water she pours out is blood. Vincent is angry. Hope's coming home, she created a hybrid, and.... 1, 2, 3. Yeah.

New Orleans. Hayley accidentally hits Declan. He's Irish. She stood him up. She apologizes. Something came up with Hope. He says as your boyfriend and a big fan of your daughter, I'd really like to help. She wishes they could, but it's going to take all my attention, soo.... He says no. if you want to break up, you have to do it like a civilized person. In a bar, with bourbon.

Hope on the phone with Uncle Kol. She asks about Davina. He says you should visit. She's feeling bad now she's stirred up trouble. He says you showed entrepreneurial spirit. Best people are black sheep. Like my dad? Like me. He says don't worry. Something will blow up in New Orleans. Something always brings us back.

Werewolf and Hayley discussing Henry. She's been his guardian for 10 years. She asks are you hear as a Crescent or a Mikaelson? Hayley says as a mom. My kid screwed up, but I'm trying make it right.

Marcel doesn't want to hear another rant until after Rebekah marries him at City Hall at 3:45 today. We're all in or we're done. Choice is yours. He leaves. She opens the Yes note. He offered a honeymoon on a boat in Monaco. Hayley texts Rebekah. She needs to reach Klaus. Rebekah knows someone.

Klaus making bodies in Paris. Caroline pushes him into a wall. Pick on someone your own size. He says Hello, love.

Klaus sits. I thought there'd be more of them. Why are you here, Caroline? Sure the school needs its headmistress. She says you don't pick up your phone. Rebekah called. I was in France for work. I'm a mother of twins, a widow, and in charge of a school of kids, including your daughter. Why are you avoiding her? She hears the same rumours we all do, that you've gone completely bonkers. He says as you see. She says yet you seem only normal crazy to me. Two men from the family that own this building we killed by a maniac. And here are more bodies. Care to explain? He fronts at her. She shrugs him off. You want people to think you're mad. This isn't random. You have a list, don't you?

Vincent in the bar. Freya talked to Rebekah. Klaus got to close to Elijah. He points out the city is zero to 60 in no time. This town is itching for a fight. She says I'm fighting for me life. I love Keelin. If I don't go to see her now, I'll lose her. I'm terrified, but you can do this without me. Just let me hear that leaving doesn't make me a bad sister or bad friend. Bartender is not feeling the vibe. Gives them free drinks and bails. Vincent says how can we stop human nature? Or vampire/witch/werewolf nature. You should go. Go because I have no idea how this will end up and one of us should have a shot at happiness. Freya hugs him.

Bartender on the street. She's grabbed from behind.

Hayley asks Hope where were you going? Found a passport. Hope says I met a guy online, in a band in London. Hayley says you wanted to see your dad. Hope says it's stupid. I know he doesn't care. Hayley says he loves you. Being near you would put you in danger. She says a phone call doesn't. Hayley says try not to judge him too harshly. Hope says you judge me. Hayley says i judge your actions. Someone's screaming for Hope. Henry. He fed on the bartender. I made a mistake. She's gray.

**Argh, only 15 minutes left.

They want the hybrid. Hayley and the guardian wolf and Josh sticking up for the kid. But he says Hayley, you might not have a choice.

Henry freaking out. Hope tells him to feel better. He says okay. It's weird, I feel better. She says you're sired to me. But I believe in personal autonomy. Stay here.

Hayley says we have to be rational. Revenge isn't justice. Do we want to sacrifice a kid? Woman says he's a hybrid. Hayley will teach him self-control. We've evolved. This is a test. Don't throw away all we've accomplished.

Klaus is going to eliminate the enemies and heirs of their enemies. He's doing it for Elijah because Elijah doesn't know friend from foe now. Caroline says that's crazy. She's cleaning because it's a historical building. You may have started out wanting people to assume you're crazy, but now you might be losing it. This isn't right, Klaus, even for you. Klaus isn't good without Elijah. We've been apart before, but not like this. This is worse than if he were dead. I lost my brother. She says you still have a daughter. He says Hope is better off without me. I know what it's like to be raised by a monster. Caroline tells him that was a 1000 years ago! He's dead. Get over it! Use a telephone before you lose your daughter and she loses you. Because I happen to think you're someone worth knowing. See you at the next parent teacher conference. Caroline storms out.

Hayley calls Declan. I'll be late, but it's been a long day and I'd like to see you. She's attacked with magic. It slams her around, then hits her again and she's laid out on the ground unconscious.

Marcel waiting at the court house. Checks his watch. He's delivered a note. The If You Say No envelope.

Rebekah says I'm a coward and a hypocrite. I miss my family but I'm always running away. She's talking to Elijah! Strangers confide in him. He says I guess I have that face. She says it's a nice face.

Freya and Hope. Mom went outside to make a call and never came back. The fountain is blood.

Vincent says tipping points can only be defined in retrospect.

Marcel texts Josh. Leaves the courthouse.

Freya found Hayley's phone. It buzzes from Klaus. Hope answers. Dad?

He sees water running red. I was looking for your mother. Hope says she's missing. He says I'm on my way.

So many possible tipping points. But without the benefit of hind sight, how do we know we're at the end of the beginning? Or the beginning of the end. It starts raining blood on Vincent in the cemetery.

Next ep - Marcel asks Klaus why are you here? Hayley is missing. He says it's my fault and I'm going to fix it.


No comments:

Post a Comment