Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.4 - "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" live blog #vampires

"Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea"

THE SEARCH FOR HAYLEY - Frustrated by the lack of progress made in the search for Hayley, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) turns up the heat by taking hostages from each of the three New Orleans supernatural factions. Freya (Riley Voelkel) goes to Mystic Falls to check on Hope (Danielle Rose Russell), who has been sent back to the Salvatore School. Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) seeks guidance from Ivy (guest star Shiva Kalaiselvan) after learning that Klaus' erratic behavior is escalating. Michael Grossman directed the episode written by Beau DeMayo & Kyle Arrington (#504). Original airdate 5/9/2018.

Episode 4:

New Orleans is a survivor. Fires, floods, war. New Orleans turns misery into magic. Each year, Mardi Gras. The whole city celebrates together. Over 80 groups. Looking for love? A good time? As long as you can stand the heat.

Klaus went to Vincent. Thinks a witch is at fault. Vincent says Hayley is a friend to us and we had nothing to do with her disappearance. Klaus says prove your innocence and find her! Then he goes to the wolves. A guilty wold can point fingers at vampires to cover their tracks. Then he goes to Marcel and Josh. Josh says everyone likes Hayley. We didn't touch her. Klaus threatens them to find Hayley or he'll bring all his siblings home.

Klaus compelled the police to search, too. I need eyes everywhere. Marcel says you're acting pretty normal. There's chatter you're unhinged. I'm just making sure you don't do something we all regret. Marcel asks what happened when you visited Elijah? Klaus lies. Blames it elsewhere. Marcel isn't impressed. Klaus says take all this as an incentive. Then a paper floats into the courtyard. It has an address.

Vincent on the phone with Freya. told her about Ivy's cards. She's visiting the Salvatore School to see Hope. Hope opens her dorm door and asks what happened? She thought it was bad news. Freya brought a care package. Beignets. Hope says she's fine. Freya wants to come in. Hope backs from the door. Picks up her spell books. Locator spells in 12 ancient languages. She tells Freya she has to get back to work. Freya asks about the boy hidden in Hope's room last week.

Marcel says this might be a trap. I can't help you if you don't let me. Klaus is still grumpy. Marcel tells him to watch his tone. They get to the house. Hear nothing. Enter. Blood smear on the wall. And another. To a chair with cut ropes. Wolfsbane and verbane. Freak Filth Crossbeed written in blood.

boys playing soccer with powers. Freya asks Hope about the books she studied. Hope was trying to break cloaking spells. I put a spell on Mom in the first place. Maybe I can lift it without being in the room with her. I can't sit around and do another. Freya agrees to work on it.

Josh and a woman looking for clues. Klaus runs in and grabs Josh. Josh says I was bad mouthing you while doing what you asked.

Klaus takes him and others hostage. Asks Collette to make a barrier spell. She won't do magic for him. Klaus says Josh, tell her how this goes. Then threatens her loved ones. Blood, gore, screaming, death, then I win. Did I do it justice? She complies.

Vincent smudging. With Marcel and the chair. Hayley's been in here. Can't sense who took her. Fear is dripping off the walls. Marcel asks if he's 100% sure no witches did it. Vincent says none of you all are missed. Ivy says Klaus took one of each faction. Turn Hayley in by sundown or he'll slaughter them.

Vincent ranting to Ivy about Klaus. I gotta get Collette back. Ivy says who looks out for us? If we attempt a rescue, Klaus kills them all, you know that. Vincent says I don't. Klaus needs Elijah to reign him in. I have to get Collette back. She wants to consult the cards.

Marcel wants Josh out now. Klaus says he's more useful in here. Tells Marcel the words on the wall apply to him, too. We're all crossbreeds. He says this is about my daughter. They fear her. Their language is fear. Marcel promises to get Josh out. Klaus tells Marcel to do his job.

Hope brings Freya to a spot the Saltzman twins found. Freya going over the options. Hope is a bit arrogant about magic. Insists she did everything right. Freya doesn't want to do this spell. It won't work. Hope asks why are we wasting time? There's something you're not telling me. Freya says Vincent and Ivy think they learned something about you.

Marcel brought letters to the other two factions. The vampire pokes at him. the wolf bickers with her. Marcel grabs them both. If Josh dies because of you two, I'll bury you both. Now find her!

Sun close to down. Ivy shuffling cards. She heard wild tales about Vincent. He asks what? Great friend. Vicious enemy. Good husband. He says to a wife that lost her way. I got us into dark magic and she didn't get out. Ivy took her husband to a club for an anniversary and he hooked up with one of the dancers. Vincent asks how she dealt with the grief. She tells him. He says the idea she'd spend any second thinking she's anything but beautiful..... She says she let go of her rage, said some prayers, and here we are. They start. Turn them over. Battle. Cunning. Loss. Klaus is grieving. If he pushes, we'll revolt. He's walking a fine line. But he's on the right side of it. For now.

Marcel sent the cops home. Klaus unhappy. Marcel says they were your play things. He says the vampires and werewolves are back in their corners. He tells Klaus he misplayed this. Let the prisoners go. Klaus calls it weak. Marcel says if it keeps Hayley alive, yes. Klaus rants. Marcel says for 7 years, this has been my family. I was a phone call away any time Hope needed me. Klaus finally confesses that Elijah knows who his family is and doesn't want anything to do with them. He's gone. Marcel sympathizes. But Hayley's life is on the line. A box arrives. Klaus opens it. They mutilated her.

Death card. Ivy gets up.

Marcel says they're goading you, wait! Klaus tosses him. Marcel tosses him. I'm the only friend you've got! Klaus says I'm out of my mind here. I don't do well without Elijah. Marcel asks to help. Klaus breaks his neck.

Hostages bickering. Collette releases the barrier. Klaus attacks them. Kills the wolf and Collette. Vincent tosses Klaus before he gets to Josh. I warned you, Klaus. Give that innocent blood back. Then he breaks Klaus's neck.

Josh sitting there still. Marcel arrives and asks if he's okay. Josh says you said you'd stop this! You swarmed into town, alienating everyone, and I had your back. Now look. Josh leaves. Vincent says I have a witch to bury. You can take care of that mess.

So I'm cursed, predicted to be the downfall of the world? Freya doesn't know. But you deserved to know. And we need to be prepared for what happens inside you any time your emotions are tested in ways you can't imagine. Hope asks how? Freya says you're not just anyone. you have a terrifying amount of power. When people like you and me flip out, entire villages can burn. I know what it's like to have the world on your shoulders and you're not sure if you have the strength to carry it. That's why I'm not with the woman I love. Hope says go deal with that and leave me to find my mother. Hope loses her cool and lights the place on fire. Freya yells at her to stop. Ready to talk now?

Klaus tells Marcel you are a fool. Marcel asks if the sob story about Elijah is true. Klaus says every word. Every part of him is unfamiliar. He's chained up in a coffin. Klaus says the vampires do nothing but resist. Hayley is kept alive so we suffer. It's a game and they're enjoying it. Marcel says you got your answer, but you've alienated an entire city. Why? Klaus says I can't save her if they don't fear me. And neither can you.

Marcel summoned the vamps. To the church. I know most of you feel I've been living in the past when I was king. I have to admit, you're right. I wanted to rule through consent and trust and I made a mistake. I lost control. But no more. Until Hayley is found, I'm changing the rules. No more daylight rings. One speaks out and Klaus beheads him. Marcel says break the rules and it's your head. Klaus asks any questions?

Hope in a room. The boy asks her if she might jump. She says I had a day. No sign of my mom. And the witches think I'll met New Orleans if she doesn't come home. I'm tired of everyone being so scared of me. He says it's understandable. He's terrified. But kind of a risk taker. Freya interrupts. He leaves. Hope apologizes for exploding like that. Freya says you didn't ask for this, you didn't start it. Hope says I'm the end of it. So what do we do now?

Music in the streets. Funeral procession for Collette. Ivy lays flowers. Comforts Vincent. More witches lay flowers. Ivy talks to them. Through every tragedy we uphold tradition. We parade through these streets in Collette's honor. Together as one. They chant it.

The dead wolf. Werewolves burn the body for his funeral. Sends the raft into the water. War has been declared on our people. First the vampires kill a boy, then someone abducts our alpha. Now Klaus kills an irreplaceable friend. We are on our own and we need to be ready to fight.

Vampire turn in their rings.

Klaus finds Vincent. What do you want? Klaus says when you're done, Marcel and I need your help. A vampire took Hayley. Vincent says no. I thought you had potential to be a better man. But after this.... The witches are done. You treat us like pawns. No more. Congratulations. You made it back to the top of the food chain. But if you come after the witches again, it's a war between you and me. I hope you get that. Klaus leaves.

Klaus and Marcel. We're on our own. Marcel says none of this makes sense. Klaus throws the box and finds a coin. A message from enemies I buried long ago. a NAZI coin.

Next ep - cultists that slaughtered werewolves. Klaus says this ends now. Flashbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment