Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.10 - "There in the Disappearing Light" live blog #vampires #RIPJosh

"There in the Disappearing Light"

COLLATERAL DAMAGE - Klaus (Joseph Morgan) helps Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) cope with her pain in an unconventional way. A figure from Elijah's (Daniel Gillies) past comes back seeking help. Elsewhere, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) takes on the nightwalkers, while Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) deals with the fallout of a fateful decision. Daniel Gillies directed the episode written by Eva McKenna & Jeffrey Lieber (#510). Original airdate 7/11/2018.

Episode 10:

Klaus tossed. Do it again. Harder this time. All that pain, that simmering darkness, you need to purge it before it eats you alive. Give me your anger, Hope! She says it's not working. I don't want to be this way. No matter what, I don't feel any better. You're not the one I want to hurt. He stands and says give me a name.

Roman being watched in a hotel room. Guarded. They won't talk to him. Then Klaus enters and kills them. Roman says get it over with. Klaus breaks his neck.

Vincent with Ivy. Cleaning her. Someone gasps among the dead witches. He searches. A witch sits up. Ivy wakes and sits up. Vincent? He hurries to her. She asks what happened. She thought she was dead. He says you are.

Marcel is at the abandoned MSP plant. Josh, I may need backup, so call me back.

Declan is having vague recollections of memories he can't recall. Telling Josh about it. Declan says madness runs in the family. He wants to get the family journals. Josh tells him you should take it easy. Do something fun. Soldier enters and offers to buy Josh a drink.

Roman awakened. In chains. Klaus asks Hope how she'll kill him. Slowly. I want to do this alone. this is supposed to make me feel better, right? Roman asks what's wrong with her? Klaus says your pain is a momentary comfort to her affliction. She can't do this with her father here. He suggests starting with fingernails. Or the tongue. Build the suspense. Roman begs.

Vincent tells Elijah it's too late for Hope. Wait until her werewolf side comes out. Elijah wants him to fix this. Vincent can't! These witches are dead and they're going to have to decide whether they feed, or end it all. They're my priority. That's it.

Marcel in the plant looking for Emmett's guys. He's attacked. Takes down the vampires, but a witch puts him in pain on his knees. Emmett enters. Witch breaks Marcel's neck.

Elijah meets Antoinette. She called him. Roman was taken. He says Niklaus. She says Roman doesn't deserve to die. My mother's hate shouldn't be pinned on my brother. He agrees. Caresses her face. She asks him to talk to Klaus please.

Marcel wakes chained to a chair with a mask on. Emmett says the chains are enchanted. No one is coming because no one cares. You're on your own.

Soldier boy flirting with Josh, asking him out. Josh says you remind me of someone. He died a long time ago. Aiden. Soldier toasts his lost love. Josh clinks a glass with his. Soldier leaves. Josh looks at his phone again.

Emmett came to New Orleans because of Marcel. The king. What a disappointment you turned out to be. You turned yourself into an abomination. At least your venom can help us where you failed. Extracting the venom from Marcel. Looks painful. Rumor says it can take down a hybrid, an Original, even Hope Mikaelson. Guess we'll see what it can really do.

**4 episodes left including tonight. Doesn't feel like we have time to wrap up. Well, I've always said this show didn't deserve to be cut down to 13 ep seasons. It removes the storytelling nature of the show we fell in love with. Some shows benefit from short narratives. Others need that time and space to show what they're best at. Give it 18 if you don't want to do 22, but 13 is too short.

Ivy asks how much time she has. Days? Hours? We feed, we become vampires. Vincent says it's the only way. She says I am who i am. I was born a witch and I will die that way. Don't be sad. I've had visions of the afterlife and it's more beautiful than you can imagine. The old house I lived in when I was little. Honeysuckle. Scent so think you can wrap yourself in it. He has something to show her.

Roman wants to talk to Hope. He was supposed to leave town. You have to understand, for years I was told to fear you. I didn't know whether to listen to the voice in my head, or my mother's that said you were evil. I know what I did was wrong. Don't forgive me. If you need to, kill me.

Elijah confronts Klaus about Roman. Klaus says if she ends his life, she'll vanquish her enemies like her father. She's ill. If it brings her relief.... Klaus says if you love that woman, go be with her! Elijah pushes about Hope keeping her humanity. Klaus says don't! Our lives may be forever, but our allegiance is not.

Vincent tells Ivy she can pass between the living and the dead and he can travel with her. Cuts their hands. Chants over their grip. Sounds like French. They go to the realm of the dead. It's not nice. There's sobbing and darkness and screams. He says this is the Ancestral World, Ivy. We use their power and they just languish. This is where you will end up when you die. She says this is a lie. I know where I will end up. Get me out of here now!

Elijah calls Antoinette. Gather the followers of your mother. I'm asking you to have faith.

Hope rants at Roman about Hayley's death. He says I lost my mother, too. She says your mother was nothing like mine! But she can't stab him. She drops the knife and kicks things. He points our her arm. Her veins are the wrong color. She's hearing the whispers loudly.

Hope asks Klaus what's happening to her? She can't kill Roman. He's no more guilty or responsible than me. He says all that power and you're still merciful. Clearly didn't get that from my side of the family. She says this is going to get worse. Elijah arrives again. Klaus rants at him. Elijah says you might not trust me at this moment, but do you really have any other choice?

Ivy confused. Before this, I could close my eyes and see my peace. My father is waiting. He takes me in his arms and says My sweet girl, I've missed you so. Everything I see is a lie? Vincent says you have a choice. You can't go in the Well. She says I can't become a vampire. So what will become of me?

Vampires leave the plant. Josh spies on it. Psychs himself up to enter. It's quiet. Seems empty. Marcel is still in the chair. He shakes his head and tells Josh no. Josh feels the barrier and kills the witch. Marcel breaks out. Vampires surround them. they fight. Marcel is fine, but Josh struggles. Marcel saves him. Josh is in pain....what's wrong? He was stabbed with a syringe of Marcel's venom! Josh says that can't be good, right?

**Freya and Hayley made the cure to the venom last season. Does Freya still have some? The wolf clans blood was the hardest to gather, but that's how we got Keelin. We have to assume Emmett doesn't know enough to attempt altering Marcel's venom so it can't be cured the same way. He only had rumors about it.

Marcel helps Josh sit. He'll call Freya. Hold still. Josh says it's already in my heart! Marcel says I leave town for a few years and suddenly you know everything. Josh says I always did. Just played dumb so you'd put up with me. Remember the first day we met? Josh wouldn't pick up the coin. He stuck with his friend. Josh says now, you are my family. Marcel says same. Josh struggles to breathe. He's desiccating. Whispers in Marcel's ear with his last breath. Marcel gasps a sob.

Archdiocese gives Declan the journals to read. Uh-oh.

Antoinette summons Emmett's gang. We're going to liberate Roman. Emmett says we're going to end the Mikaelson rule once and for all.

Vincent talks to all the witches in the cemetery.

Antoinette says we must embrace a mission we're willing to die for.

Vincent says the connection to the Ancestors is sick. We're going to release them! Every one of our ancestors will be free.

Elijah says tonight, we go to war.

Vincent says our ancestors will know peace, but our magic will change forever. Our power will come from the earth. Let's do this. Witches chant.

Elijah says Greta's message lives on. Those who stood by her, you will share her fate. Klaus and Hope enter. Emmett says you betrayed us! Klaus says you can leave them to us now. Marcel arrives. He's going to enjoy this.

Chanting louder. The spell glows.

Klaus tells Hope to let it all out.

The glowing ball floats up and gets bigger.

Hope screams and blue light takes over the Nazi vampires. They bleed from the eyes and all fall.

The ball bursts in sparks.

**Did the ancestral release work? Or did Hope blasting the Hollow's magic at the same time interrupt their spell. Guess we find out after the commercial break. If it did work, then New Orleans witches will be doing magic like we saw Bonnie and others do.

Hope asks if they are all dead. Klaus says it was an act of public service. Marcel says kiddo, you okay? She's numb. Klaus asks Marcel to get Josh and clean up this mess before anyone gets wise. Marcel turns away. What is it? I'll tell you tomorrow. He leaves. Hope asks if it'll come back? Klaus doesn't know.

Declan was in the attic. Hope asks if he's going to live. Klaus will take care of it. Get out of here now! She leaves. Klaus gives Declan blood.

Antoinette and Elijah. In each other's arms. Until we meet again. She kisses him. He says if we meet again. She hopes they do. She's off to Shanghai. He told her once it's a safe place to hide out.

Ivy and Vincent. She sees her father. He's here. It's so beautiful. She's crying. And then she's still. Ivy? Ivy? Vincent weeps while holding her body.

Marcel sitting at home alone. It's funny you brought up my loyalty thing. Truth is, you were always more loyal than I was. He's drinking while sitting on the floor. Rest in peace dear friend. Josh's ghost walks in, then disappears.

Josh is in a bright forest. A car pulls up and it's Aiden. Opens the door. Get in. God, I missed you. Josh smiles. Kisses him. They drive away.

Church closed. Hope sitting alone. Roman walks in. Apology doesn't mean much when your life is on the line. You're better. She says I think I may have killed someone I love. He says whatever you did, you're nothing like me. You're good, Hope. You are. You don't deserve any of this. I wish I could fix it. She says if he dies, I won't just lose him, I'll trigger my curse. He says it's going to be okay. She's crying. He says it's going to be okay. I promise. She leans on his shoulder. You should go. He knows.

Declan coughing. Klaus says you picked the wrong day to find religion. Declan mutters something. Klaus looks through the wreckage. The man from the archdiocese. He's dead under rubble.

Hope begins to wolf.

Next ep - Rebekah's back. We may be damaged, but we are not doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment