Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

#TheOriginals 5.9 - "We Have Not Long to Love" live blog #vampires

"We Have Not Long to Love"

TAKING THE POWER BACK - As Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood), Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), and Josh (Steven Krueger) work to clean up the city, an uprising of purist vampires leads the supernatural factions into a deadly showdown. Hope's (Danielle Rose Russell) attempt to bring her family back together leaves her struggling with the consequences. Finally, Freya (Riley Voelkel) makes a life-changing decision. Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gillies also star. Bethany Rooney directed the episode written by K.C. Perry & Michelle Paradise (#509). Original airdate 6/20/2018.

Episode 9:

Miss a recap? Find them here.

Courtyard. Klaus talking about the curse. 7 years, it took its toll on all of us. Our city. Today, thanks to you, we'll face our trials side by side, together. Hope and Klaus and Freya. Rebekah's coming back in a few days. Elijah walks in and wishes them good morning. Obviously there's a lot for us to discuss. He tries to apologize to Hope and she bends a fork and flees to do homework. Klaus says that's not normal, she's not normal. Elijah accepts it. Klaus goes at Freya about helping Hope take in the Hollow. I will hold you personally responsible. He leaves the table, too.

Nightwalkers rode out the storm on Josh's dime. He wants to boil everything in bleach. Marcel says they don't care what you think or anyone else.

Wolves reading the treatise. Vampires demanding the wolves move back to the Bayou. Keelin is leaving first thing in the morning. She loves Freya, but she can't be with me. She has to be here and I need to be somewhere I can make a difference. Mardi Gras float destroyed by the Nazi vamps.

Hope. I know you're there. Klaus. I didn't want to disturb you. She's painting. He says you bent a fork in half. She says she's not ready to forgive Elijah, yet. She says she's okay. I promise. Look, I know you think I made a mistake, but I thought it all out, and I'd do it again. We're in the same room and the world is not ending. He marvels at her strength and grace. All of which came from your mother. Hope hears the whispers. Wishes her mother was here. He says so do I. More than you know. Hugs her.

Confronts Freya again. Freya says I'm not the enemy. She came to me in so much pain. She'd take back that power with or without me. I gambled that we'd let us help her. She came up with the bracelet. She needs it. It won't stop the dark magic, but it could lessen her suffering until we find a permanent solution. he knows she loves Hope, I never doubted that. She knows he wishes things were different. Me, too. Declan arrives. He got the news about Hayley in a voice mail. Freya says she died in a car crash. Instant death, no pain at all. He asks how brakes fail? Doesn't happen anymore. Freya says there was a storm. He says it's killing me I wasn't here to help her, save her, and you had a funeral without me and I couldn't say goodbye. Something here isn't right, Freya. It just isn't.

Marcel and Josh come to kick the Nazi's out. They're playing Motorhead? Lemmy didn't stands for the nonsense they do. Emmett confronts Marcel. Marcel tells Josh the place could use some more sunshine. Josh pulls the curtains. Vamps run for shelter. If they see werewolves tonight they'll take matters in their own hands.

Declan at the bar. Elijah enters. The good stuff was looted during the storm. Elijah just wants to get drunk. Dark days. Declan says couldn't agree more. Elijah says do tell. Hearing someone else's pain might ease my own. Declan says he lost someone. A woman. Elijah offers to buy a couple drinks and hear all about it. I know a thing or two about love denied.

Wolves rally to rebuild the float and march tonight whether the vampires like it or not. Freya gets to Keelin. They catch up. Keelin says you have to get back to them? Freya asks if she's still getting on the plane. Yes. Then Freya's not leaving.

Vincent and Ivy. He doesn't want to show attention to the vampire vs. wolf conflict. Witches stay out of it and cooler heads prevail. She says when the Nightwalkers are done harassing the werewolves, they'll come after us. We have to pick a side, Vincent. She walks away. Emmet says she's not wrong. Offers Vincent to work with them. It'd be a wise choice. Vincent doesn't like threats. If one of my witches gets a paper cut, I'm coming for you. Get out of here before I yank your punk ass into the sun. Emmett says the offer's on the table for only so long.

Marcel and Josh brick up a tunnel. Josh brings up the rules Marcel created. All this started with you.

Hope suffering from the voices. Klaus offers the bracelet. Not a request, Hope. I lives with that darkness for 7 years. I know how unbearable it can be. She says if I put that on, will you stop worrying? He says I'm your father, I'll always worry. She puts the bracelet on. Happy? Or will you hover until the end of time. He says the end of time is a bit extreme. LOL. She hugs him and leaves the room.

But it's leaving red marks. Burning her skin. She takes it off and tosses it. It catches fire. She sits on the floor cradling her head and begs the voices to stop.

Declan was going to ask Hayley to marry him. Probably would've turned me down. She had an ex that really did a number on her. She held a candle for the guy. When you find a woman with a smile that could end wars and a heart as big as Ireland, you'd have to be a fool to let her go. You alright? Elijah says so you see her everywhere you go. Hear her, feel her. You feel responsible. Perhaps you could've done.....something. Declan says you're him, aren't ya? The one that broke her heart.

Night. Vincent and Ivy. Emmet is a psychopath. She says dawn is always right around the corner. There's always beauty to be seen. Just focus on what's right in front of you. He's focused. She says the lightness suits you.

Hope looking for a bottle. Klaus notices there's no bracelet. She needs absinthe for a spell. She puts him asleep. It's my responsibility. I'll clean it up.

Declan says you're him. Elijah wanted to hear about the years Hayley was here and he wasn't. Declan says you're mining my pain for your own absolution? Declan says you know what happened. There was no brake failure. No car crash. He wants to know how Hayley really died. Hope comes in. What are you doing here? she says to Elijah.

Werewolves preparing for Mardi Gras. She thought about what it meant to have a werewolf queen on Bourbon Street. Then tells Keelin to be with Freya. Lisina receives a briefcase. Man says I'm sorry, they told me I had to do this. There's an explosion.

Wounded in the church. Keelin's unconscious. Freya wakes her. Keelin has a cut cheek. Where's Lisina? Where is she? Keelin struggles to sit up. Lisina is burned dead. Freya holds Keelin while she wipes. Vincent yells for Ivy. I'm here, Vincent. It's not my blood. He hugs her.

Rousseau's. Hope confronting Elijah. She's struggling. Elijah says we can't do this in front of him. She spells Declan asleep. Now it's just the two of us.

Bodies covered. Marcel says 3 innocents gone. He and Josh at the church. I used to think what I was doing was for the best. Every day New Orleans didn't fall apart was proof I was right. But these people want violence for the sake of it and I'll be damned if they use my name for the sake of it.

Elijah and Hope. She hates him. He hates him, too. She slashes at him with magic. Attacking him over and over. Klaus arrives and she attacks, giving him a headache that drives him to his knees. Then realizes what she did. She runs out. Declan wakes and asks what the hell was that?

Marcel addresses the wolves. We will march with you. We will not back down. Vincent is joining them. Ivy's going to the cemetery to pray for the dead. She kisses Vincent. Be careful. He says I'll see you on the other side of this, okay? She's counting on it.

Keelin wants to march. She has a sling on her left arm. Freya proposes. Two years ago, I started planning how I'd say it. Was waiting for the right time. The right time never came. Today, it dawned on me there's never a perfect time. Only right now. I don't want to send another second without you. She shows the ring. No more reuniting at funerals. No more astral projections from the Middle East. No more choosing between you and my family, because you are my family, Keelin. You're everything to me. So please, marry me. Keelin accepts. Freya puts the ring on her. They kiss.

Elijah gives Declan a drink. Declan asks what are you? Elijah says Vampires. Witches. Other things. You saw what you saw. Declan says everyone in this town? No. Some, not all. Hayley, too. Declan asks about Hope. Elijah says you need something stronger than water. Declan thinks he's been a fool. Hayley lied about everything. Elijah says she cared about you quite deeply. I'm quite certain. Elijah compels him to remember only the love for Hayley and the joy she brought you. You'll know without question Hayley is at peace and be at peace yourself. Elijah leaves.

Klaus after Hope. She says it stopped the voices. Right now, it's silent. Is this the rest of my life? A rage that can only be quieted by violence? He says if violence is what you need to feel better, you have the perfect father.

Vincent rallying the people. These are our streets. Nightwalkers arrive. So this is where it ends. Everyone is armed against the vampires.

Klaus comforting Hope.

Emmett and the vampires were an astral projection. They have a witch. Vincent says they wanted to see what side he would choice, and if he chose wrong, his people.... He runs toward the cemetery.

The witches are about the drink to peace at the end of their ceremony. They all drink. Then start coughing. Vincent gets to the gates. Yelling for Ivy. He catches her as she collapses. Her mouth is bloody.

Next ep - July 11. Hope is losing control.

No comments:

Post a Comment