Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2018

#Supernatural 14.3 - "The Scar" live recap #spn

"The Scar"

KIM RHODES RETURNS AS SHERIFF JODY MILLS – Still trying to solve the mystery of what happened to Dean (Jensen Ackles), Sam (Jared Padalecki) enlists the help of Sheriff Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) who may unknowingly already be on the case. Castiel (Misha Collins) continues to be a father figure to Jack (Alexander Calvert), who surprises even himself, when a life is on the line. Robert Singer directed the episode written by Robert Berens. (#1403). Original Airdate 10/25/2018.

Episode 3:

Image credit: The CW

Bunker. Dean can't eat or sleep. It's always there watching. Sam says it's just a beard. Dean says Duck Dynasty called and they want it back. Sam says some people say I look good. LOL. Dean says Michael bailed. I don't know how or why. My memory is blank. I'm just really happy to be....home. Sam says there have been a few changes made. Dean is noticed. Welcome back. They call Sam Chief. Jack asks if it's really you? Yeah. Cas comes in. Jack hugs Dean. Cas smiles at him. Where's Mary? She and Bobby stayed in Duluth to clean up the situation. Dean wants a shower. Still okay. I promise. Sam asks about Nick. He's gone. What? Nick left a note about personal business and he's not returning calls. Cas asks how is Dean really? Sam doesn't know.

Dean's room.

Why would Michael give up his vessel like that? I don't know. Why was Michael helping monsters? Sam says we don't know anything.

Dean finds a big burn scar on his arm. Don't know how I got it. What could hurt Michael like that? Dean wants Cas to get in his head. Drag it out of me. Sam isn't sure. Dean says come on, hit me. Cas reads in. Anything? He touches the scar. Michael was stabbed by a blade. Who was that?

Jody texting with the girls. Sam calls. Dean says hey. I'm back. She says it's so good to hear his voice. Cas says that's the good news. Dean says we think the thing from the Bad Place is here. Jody says nothing at the ferry. Dean describes the scar from the giant meat fork. Jody had multiple photos of dead bodies with the scar. One even missing a head.

Off to Sioux Falls. Jack wants to come. Cas says that's not the best idea. Jack insists he wants to help. Dean says you're barely 100 pounds sopping wet. Jack turns and leaves. Dean says I didn't mean to be a dick. Women comes in. Case in Wichita. Witch was holding girls hostage. This girl was the only survivor. Show them. Her hand skin is aged? Cas thinks he can fix the spell. Touches her forehead. This might take a while. I'll catch up when I'm done. Dean wants to hit the road. Sam follows.

Impala. Dean driving fast. You're in a hurry. Dean says shouldn't I be? What's the problem? Sam says we don't know why Michael let you go? Or what he wants. Dean says or his favorite Spice Girl. Heh. Sam pushes. You were gone. For weeks. I didn't know if you were alive. I need you to talk to me. Slow down, so I can catch up. Dean says we're almost there.

Jody grins as they park. She hugs Dean. She likes Sam's beard. He asks how are the girls? Surprisingly good. Jody hasn't been home. I may be avoiding Claire. She shows them the map of the headless bodies. thought it was a serial killer before talking to you. Sam and Dean's looks lol. Sam the nerd. Dean doesn't want to wait for daybreak.

Jack packing a backpack. Leaves a note for Sam, Dean, and Castiel. Overhears Cas working on the witch problem. Goes in. Laura has been enchanted. Like Sleeping Beauty? No. An aging spell is killing her. We contacted Rowena, she suggested a reversal spell, and we're reading on it now. Are you going somewhere? The girl moans. Jack says no.

Dean wants to split up. Sam and Jody say stick together. Awkward. Dean finds the heads. Vampires. Jody brought tissue home and there was no reaction. Dean checks the fire. Still lingering smoke. Gets a memory of the hooded figure. Then they're attacked. Dean the woman struggle over the pike. She throws it, then Kaia-lookalike runs from them. Looked just like her. You saw her die over there, right? Yeah. Dean says that thing dressed the same and moved the same, and it killed Kaia. Jody wonders how this is all possible? Dean says let's track her down and ask.

**Dean's scar has a lot of keloid tissue for a puncture. Really did look more like a brand burn. Good they're picking up the Kaia-lookalike from the Bad Place already.

Cas and the woman need the gross stuff for the spell. Jack tending to the girl. She asks if that's your dad. One of them, yes. Do you have parents or someone we can call? She says my mom, but she probably hates me. I ran away. I hated school and our town and her rules. I thought I could make it on my own. The witch took me in, me and two other girls. She fed us and gave us nice things. She was kind. Having us there kept her young. Then she locked us up. Rachel got sick, just like this. Then she other same thing. They withered away to nothing. When your friend showed up, I thought I was saved. Then it started taking me, too, even faster than the others. Jack says Cas is gonna fix this. I promise.

Forest. Dean? What is it? Light foot is leaving tracks. Sam says her face, the bruises. I think the vamps were hunting her. The bodies are immune to Dead Man's Blood like the werewolves were immune to silver. Dean keeps going. Jody and Sam follow. Dean tracking at a fast pace.

Working the reversal spell. Purple smoke. How are you feeling? She doesn't know. Then she's dying! help, help!

Jody gets a call. Claire. She turns it off. I promised I'd loop Claire into anything monstery. But anything with Kaia, she's a powder keg. You two are having a time of it. Sam thinks Dean isn't ready for this case. Jody says maybe he needs it.

The lookalike found a cabin. Water and food. Dean knocks her out when she steps outside. Jody and Sam don't look happy. Dean's intense and angry face. Little too aggressive right now. Channeling the resentment of losing his body to Michael breaking the deal.

**Dean works through things by going to the simple things he's good at - hunting, drinking, and chatting up girls. Since he's eased up on the latter two, killing monsters is all he has at the moment. Better than saying things he'll regret to his family and friends, I guess.

Lookalike tied up. What are you? She says I'm not your Kaia. Sam says you're from over there, yeah? You know I am. She's Kaia's double. Killing her was an accident. I was trying to kill the blonde. Sam asks how she crossed over. How did you open a rift? She won't tell. Why are you here? She says because of him. Dean says not Michael, not anymore. She says you're much weaker. He says maybe, but you're still scared. She says not of you, of the monsters he sends after me. There are always more.

Cas covers the girl's head. She's dead. Jack says we let her die. He's weeping. I'm sorry. If I still had my powers, I could've saved you. The hunter woman has tears, too. Jack pulls back the sheet. The witch. Where's her body?!

Jody wants to move this to the station. Dean wants to break her now. Kaia says he wants my weapon. That's what this is all about.

The body. The witch killing bullet still in the body. The pendant looks like it glows.

Dean attacks Kaia. Where is it?!

Jack thinks the magic is trying to keep the witch alive. So the magic is consuming more and more of Laura. He rips the pendant off. She wasn't cursed. This was.

Dean pushing her. She says you're no different than him. Dean says I'm nothing like his. She says you are. You always have been.

Jack says the life force is in here. He breaks the pendant. Green magic goes to Laura's pendant. She gasps alive. What happened?

I saw what you did to her. You shoved your gun in her face when you got angry. She's a dreamwalker, too. Your anger comes from fear. And you're weak. Michael hurt you. He hurt me, too.

Flashback to Michael finding her. He didn't come to fight. If he doesn't have to. I've sensed you ever since I came to this world. I'm here to make you an offer. I'm building an army. Join the winning side if you give me that spear. Of you can die and I'll take it. She attacks him. She's doing well until he kicks her in the gut. He punches her a few times. But she gets her spear back and stabs his arm.

Sam says we should get out of here. Monsters have reached the cabin. Jody says too late.

They enter the cabin. We only came for her, but never one to turn down a buffet. Dean's getting beat. And same. Jody last to get on the ground. All trying to not get bit. Dean shoots Kaia's chair. Now you're in trouble. Except she runs out a window. Jody screams in pain. Kaia comes back with the spear and kills all the vamps. Jody cradles her arm. You saved us. You didn't have to. Kaia says she came back for the monsters. Sam says you're going to be a target. They'll keep chasing you. She's used to it. She leaves.

**Dean now has guilt face. Which always comes after he's let anger get the best of him.

Walking the woods again. Jody... She tells Dean he has nothing to apologize for. She's driven with a broken arm before. More worried about talking to the girls. Sam asks if she's alright. Yeah. Just seeing her face again. Fearing I might lose a hunter. Didn't get a chance to really know Kaia before she died. Feel like I lost before I ever began.

Jack in his room. Cas knocks. Jules is taking Laura home to her mother. Cas apologizes. I haven't been there for you like I should've. Jack says it's okay. Cas says you made me so proud today. Today, you proved you have the mind and heart of a hunter. I was thinking, I'll talk to Sam and Dean, but maybe we could go on a hunting trip. If you want to. Jack coughing. yes. Sorry. You okay? I'm fine. I'm human now. Must be getting my first cold. Cas will make him soup, then.

Dean wanted to skip to the end of the story, where I kill Michael. Sam knows. I said yes because I thought.....it was stupid. I was stupid. Sam says you did what you had to do. Dean says it wasn't a blink, being possessed. It wasn't. I don't remember most of what he did because I was underwater. Drowning. I felt every second of it. Fighting for air. Thought I could make it out, but I wasn't strong enough. Now he's gone and out there putting an army of monsters together and hurting people, and it's all on me, man. I said yes. It's my fault.

Jack coughs again. Spits blood into a cloth. Tosses it in the trash with a lot more. Not good. TB? It's on the rise in the country and definitely causes burst blood vessels while coughing. He needed vaccinations when he lost his powers. And how about the apocalypse world people?

Next ep - Hatchet Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment