Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2018

#Legacies 1.7 - "Death Keeps Knocking On My Door" mid-season finale live recap #thevampirediaries #theoriginals

"Death Keeps Knocking On My Door"

REMEMBRANCE DAY - As Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) hits the books to learn more about the latest creature to arrive to the school, things take a dark and twisted turn leaving her to confront one of her darkest fears. Meanwhile, Alaric (Matthew Davis) attempts to help Rafael (Peyton Alex Smith) cope after his past comes back to haunt him. Quincy Fouse also stars. Angela Gomes directed the episode written by Julie Plec (#107). Original airdate 12/13/2018.

Episode 7:

Walking the night road. 

Stefan memorial library. Remembrance Day. They're asked to write letters to lost loved ones and scatter them in the cemetery. Hope doesn't see the point. But lately, death keeps knocking on my door. 

A girl arrives. Cassie. Raf? Raf goes to her and hugs her. Hope's eyes are wide.

Ric torturing The Necromancer. Answer my questions or I'll peel your skin like a grab and shower you in battery acid. Necro resists. Hope arrives. He asks how is Raf? She says he's with his dead girlfriend. You're responsible. Necromancer says the way you've treated a man of my stature, you should be shamed. Ric says no one's heard of you!

Ric tells Hope to stay away from the Necromancer. Then goes to Cassie and Raf. Raf didn't know what to tell her? Cassie doesn't know why she's here. She recalls the roads were wet and dark, and then I heard a voice and I was here. Ric says your memories are from two months ago and you were in a car accident and didn't survive. Tonight you were resurrected from the dead. 

Dorian researching. Necromancer has been erased like every other monster after the knife. Hope asks if there's a way to stop him from raising dead people? Dorian is off for 24 hours for Remembrance day. Ask Dr. Saltzman. Hope is worried about him. Dorian tells her to take these books to him. 

Necro says you have a powerful scent of death on you. It's quite lovely. Hope thought they could talk. Releases his chains. You don't exist. You died, you were in a dark place, then you were pulled into the light to retrieve a knife. The same with all the creatures before you. Creatures erased from history. Necromancer doesn't believe he's been erased from history. She tells him to read up. He sniffs the books, then has a tantrum. My legacy! I'm barely a footnote. Who's responsible for this vile affront? Hope hope's he'll help her figure that out. He sits again. I'm all ears.

We need to know who's communicating to you? You're all coming after th same thing. Who's pulling the strings? Necromancer says it's an instinct. I know things. She says retrieve the knife and return it to Malivore. He says I'll be free. Do you know how to get there? Only that the knife will lead me. She shows him the symbol. He says that represents what happened to me. No one celebrates you. Knows you. Loosely translated, it means permanent death. 

Cassie's trying to call her mom. While Raf got her tea? Ric says it's not fair to your mother to hear your voice. You're going to die again. I'm sorry. Is there anything I can get you? She says I'm hungry and need a shower. And then she wants to know how Raf murdered her.

Necromancer was in Normandy. Died on the beach during the charge against the Nazis. Hope wants to access his memory of how he died. Necro thinks she's not tall enough to ride the ride. I assume you have a powerful vampire handy. She says absolutely.

Kaleb and MG. Kaleb taunts him about the blood diet. Hope comes in and asks if MG knows how to do a head dive? He's not sure. She says not a word of this to Dr. Saltzman.

Ric brought clothes for Cassie for when she's done in the shower. Raf says my head won't stop spinning. She thinks I killed her. It was an accident. Do you think we can convince him to let her stay? Ric says as soon as I figure out how to kill him, he's gone and so is she. He'd rather kill a lifetime of dragons than have another kid go through what you and I experienced. Get closure. Use this time well. Make your peace with her. 

Hope brings MG to Necro. He knows Milton and sees his Great Nana. She's most disappointed with you for forsaking Jesus. Hope has the keys and they go in the cell. Necromancer says you have no reason to fear me. But don't mention the Reaper in my presence. LOL. MG and Necro hold hands. Meet eyes. Open your mind. Hope's hands on his shoulders. 

She's inside. In Rousseau's! He spent a good amount of time here before the '20s. He says Klaus was good for business. His spirit is all around you. We drank together when he was his most murdery. He says you want to know how your dad is, or should I say, where he is? You want to know if he's at peace or suffering. He sacrificed himself for you, a lovely gesture from such a mercurial mind. Rest assured, you won't get your answer until we're done. But we're wasting time. This is my conscious mind. Look for a door into my subconscious.

Second Line. He loves the macabre. The dance of death. Who's the guest of honor? Perhaps Klaus Mikaelson. She screams when he opens the coffin. She says there's nothing. Literally nothing there. He says clever girl. In the coffin is the door to his subconscious. He dives in.

She's back. Unbelievable. He ditched me. 

Send me back in. I need to be there when he finds answers. I'm ready. 

She's in an office? Photos of the Necromancer on the walls. She opens a door and there's a stairway down to nothing. This is a bit much, don't you think? She heads down. Then falls into darkness.

Raf apologizes to Cassie. I'm sorry for my part in the accident. She says it wasn't an accident and you know it. Why would you say that? She says pieces came back. He says it was raining and the road was slick. And? I took the turn too fast. She says that's not why I'm dead and you know it. He says I love you. I'd never hurt you. She knows. But you're going to admit what you did. Why do you take that turn too fast? He doesn't know. She pushes. You're lying. He says I don't know! His eyes glowing. He leaves the room. 

Hope wakes. First of all, ow. Second, I'm here. Okay? Let's call an end to the torture, okay? We're supposed to be in this together. Hello? Hello? Hello? 

Ric runs after Raf. Raf says it was my fault. I got pissed because I didn't medal. I thought she flirted with the guy who beat me. I picked a fight and we yelled and I took the turn too fast. It wasn't the storm. It was me. I killed her. He's weeping. I killed her. Ric hugs him.

Hope says you're wrong. I'm at peace with my dad. I've come to terms with it. You're wrong about me. I don't need to know anything. Screw this. MG? Get me out of here! MG?

She's crying. MG yells at Necromancer to let her out. She's scared! Necro laughs. And laughs.

Raf finds Cassie. Looking everywhere for her. She was snooping. He says I remember everything. They go out to the park. She says I'm not trying to punish you. I wanted you to be honest with yourself about it. He says guys with my condition have a lot of anger. I'm better now I know what's causing it. She says you have a lot of work to do on yourself, werewolf or not. She kisses his cheek. I forgive you. Now leave me alone for a few minutes. I want to stand in the sun. At the lake. 

MG finds Ric. Hope's in trouble and I can't help her.

She asks Necro why he's doing this? Okay, fine, I want to know about my dad. How am I supposed to know if he's at peace? I need to know he's not alone. Please. Necromancer appears. She says get me out of here. He says with pleasure. Ooops. Daddy's home. Ric is pissed. 

MG goes to Kaleb. People get hurt if I 'm weak. So feed me whatever it takes.

Ric chews Hope out. I have it under control, Hope! She pulls out his bottles. He says I'm grieving! Try it instead of pushing everyone away. That thing is a master manipulator! Let's talk about all the ways it can manipulate me. She says don't dare play disappointed dad because you are NOT my father! I'm going to finish what I started. She locks him in his office. 

Tell me where my father is! Necro says I'll tell you everything you want to know, but first, don't you want to know about Malivore?

Cemetery. Alaric calls Dorian. Hope sealed me in my office, I need to get out. Dorian says I'm off the clock. It's the only day I take off all year. Kaleb brings MG.

Necromancer says THE knife was in my heart. That I seek is what did me in. I jumped out of my subconscious and summoned the man who made the knife in the first place. He gave me the remarkable story of Malivore. It consumed us, erased us. It was permanent death. Until recently. 3 locks to seal it shut. The knife is one of those locks. When Malivore is open, it's free to beckon to its shores again. 

Kaleb read about Damon's eat and erase routine. They feed on a boy. MG can't control himself. Dorian grabs him. Caught!

Hope says you left me in your freaky, twisted mindscape to stall me? Necromancer needed to buy time. He got the knife. He controlled Cassie. I was stalling you just as I'm stalling you now. Did you know there's a line of Bennett witches in the cemetery? The knife returned to Malivore. In moments, I'll be free to find peace. As for your father, he watches over you every day. He died with love in his heart and he doesn't regret his choice. But he won't find peace until you do. Good luck with that. Building shakes. One lock is released, and witch it, so am I. He disappears. Hope is left crying.

Ric throwing away the bottles. Hope enters. 

Dorian chews out Kaleb. Kaleb says feeding on bunny blood doesn't make us real vamps! Dorian tells him about his family that was murdered by Stefan. One day of the year, I can't stand this place. A ripper is a vampire who is driven by obsession. They feed until there is nothing left to feed on. Do you know who is susceptible to be a ripper? MG!

Hope writes to Klaus. 

Raf finds Ric. Cassie is gone by his face.

Hope says I messed up bad. Not sure how to fix it. 

Ric and Raf in the cemetery. Can you help me be a better man? Ric doesn't know, but he'll try. I promise. 

Hope hopes the Necromancer lied about peace. If it's true, I'll do better. Today I saw true loneliness, of what lies in store for me if I don't find true peace. I'm glad you're with me but I look forward to the day you're not. I love you, Hope. She spots Ric and apologizes to Raf. He says Dr. Saltzman had my back. He's still mad at you, huh? She says probably for a while. Hope's bracelet glows. Landon is in trouble.

The knife going into Malivore was filmed. Someone has the photo Landon had of his mother.

Next ep - Hope going after Landon. Jan. 24. It's been a rough semester. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment