Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2018

#Supernatural 14.9 - "The Spear" mid-season finale live recap #spn

"The Spear"

THE BEST LAID PLANS - Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) enlist the help of their pal Garth (guest star DJ Qualls) to gain inside information on what Michael may be planning. The brothers split up to each go after weapons that can aid in their fight against the Archangel, but this may be a fight our heroes cannot win. The episode was directed by Amyn Kaderali and written by Robert Berens (#1409). Original Airdate 12/13/2018.

Episode 9:

Kansas City, Missouri. Rockin' around the Christmas Tree. Decorated tree in a building. FCA. Blood and broken things. Screams. Man runs to the elevator. Monster catches him. Mistletoe. Monster breaks his neck and puts him down the trash shoot. He didn't feed. That was the last of them, Michael. Why here, this floor, killing everyone? She/he likes the view. Melanie brings 2 wolves. Garth! I recognize you, Garth. Garth says I'd remember that. She says I spent time in Dean Winchester's memories. You're his friend. Garth says for his family, his little girl, I have to be on the winning side. Melanie says tomorrow night, Kansas City won't know what hit it. 

Jack eating cereal in the dark. Cas turns the light on. Don't tell Sam. Jack couldn't wait until breakfast. Cas says if you can't sleep, that's understandable. Jack says dying and coming back to life is not.... He's been thinking about Heaven, his mother. Is she safe? How could the Empty get in? I thought Heaven was supposed to be perfect. Cas says there's nothing Naomi wouldn't do to protect the souls in her charge. Try not to worry. Jack asks why can't Sam and Dean know about the deal you made? Cas says they can, but I don't want them to. I don't want them to have that burden. Or you. The Empty said it would come when I'm happy. I don't see that happening soon. this life is rarely happy. At least we have Cookie Crunch. Jack asks if he took the decoder ring? Maybe. LOL.

Garth tells Sam about the meeting with Michael and Melanie. We drink blood mixed with Michael's grace. He hangs up. They're ready for us. Balls. 

Dean tells Sam that Garth will be okay. Sam says if something happens to him, it's on me. Dean says we're a step ahead. I like our odds. Cas says Ketch is on the phone. 

Jack on video chat with Ketch. Do you have it? The egg? Ketch got it from a Hungarian collection. But in Budapest, he unleashed a swarm of mercenaries on me. So I was forced to drop the egg like a hot potato. But it's somewhere safe and should arrive in Lebanon, Kansas the day after tomorrow between 2 and 6PM. He paid extra. Heh. Sam says we appreciate the effort. But we kinda needed the egg....now. Ketch says oh....sorry, chaps. Heh. Cas walks off. THIS IS AWKWARD AND HILARIOUS.

Wolves waiting. Wolf tells Garth his buddy made the change and how he feels now. Melanie comes in with the drink. Wolf takes it. She hands it to Garth. You have nothing to fear. Only 1 in 7 volunteers explode when they drink it. Garth takes it. Michael walks in. All gone? Garth has to swallow. His eyes glow blue then go yellow. All gone. Garth listens to Michael talking about the next moves. Melanie asks what will your order be? 

Sam tracked the egg to Joplin, Missouri. We break in. Garth calls. Michael's sending guys to a recycling plant north of Omaha. After a spear? Sam asks about him. All good. But I heard Michael's plan. Sam tells Cas and Dean. The whole town. All on Christmas night. Signal at midnight. Dean hopes the Spear will kill Michael. Sam says with the egg we put Michael in the Cage. Dean and Cas get the spear. Jack and Sam get the egg. Then we meet at Tomi Plaza and hit him from both sides. Heh. (Die Hard.)

Cas tells Dean you seem good lately. Happy, even. We drove all this way with a broken tape deck and you didn't complain once. Dean, we're taking a big risk going after the Spear like this. Dean knows. If we get a chance to trap Michael, I'll take that, but I won't be truly happy until he's dead and I kill him. Now we have a chance to do that. So I'm good. Let's go. Armed up and entering the plant. 

Sam and Jack breaking into the shipping place. Jack wants to pick the lock. Who taught you? Jack learned from the internet. I wanted to stay useful. He gets it. Nice work. 

Dean and Cas searching in the dark. Eerie music. Dean finds a bed. Touches a pot. There's a noise somewhere. Cas says she's not here. Dean says the food is still warm. Cas wonders where are Michael's forces? Do you think they got her? Dean says no sign of a struggle. 

Sam and Jack leaving. Got the box. They Sam is hit from behind and Jack is dragged toward a van. It leaves. Michael greets Sam. She has the egg. Happy Holidays.

**So the Spear intel was a distraction? A deviation? Split the Winchester's forces.

**Mid-season finale. These ALWAYS end with a big cliffhanger with this show. Christmas eps are also intense. Remember Santa and Mrs. Claus? Or the flashbacks to little boy Dean trying to give Sam a good Christmas when John didn't come home in time. 12 previous seasons of shocks.

How'd you find us? Sam pulls an angel blade. Michael sends him flying back into a truck. He melts the egg in his hand, then knocks Sam out.

No answer on the phone. Garth calls. I tried to call Sam. Michael left. He was going to back up his forces. Dean says the forces in Omaha that were not here?

Michael appears to Garth. Let's talk. 

Dean wonders where to go? Was this a set up? Kaia behind him. What do you want? Why are you here? He says you know what we want. We didn't come to fight for it. I came to ask. She says you should know I won't give it up. Dean says then kill me. My family is in danger. Michael is going to hurt them and kill them. Then thousands will die. The only thing that will stop him is the spear in your hands. So if you won't give it to me, kill me. She asks what will you do for me? Cas asks what do you want? She wants to go back to the Bad Place. She's constantly hunted. She understands her place. I need help. The special boy can open the door for me. Dean says he can if.... How does she know he's telling the truth? Cas says you don't. And we don't either. But if you will give up your spear now? There's something you're not telling us. She says you have people you're bound to protect? So do I. If you don't bring this back to me, I will kill you. Dean asks how will we track you down? She says you've done it before. Do it again. Sam calls. Michael knew where we were, destroyed the egg, and he has Jack.

How did you escape? I didn't. He knocked me out. Garth isn't answering my calls. Sam is heading to Kansas City. Dean and Cas will meet him there. Drive fast.

Jack brought to Michael's office. Why am I here? Why didn't you kill me? Michael says why would I bother? Are you familiar with Kansas City? In my world, we invaded it. Death from above. But it got messy. Trying insurgency this time. Everyone they turn will be mine. Jack says I hate you. Michael says we're family. Jack says my uncle's in the cage. You are not family. Michael says not literally. It's a matter of scale. You're a child, a mere infant. You don't even know what time is. But, you will. real time, the time that makes mountains, wipes out species, you'll see it all with me. And as your power returns and grows, we'll only become more alive. I know, your loyalty. But it'll fade. So will the minor differences. They'll fade, too. Jack says Sam, Dean, and Castiel will come for me. Michael leaves the office. 

Monsters come out of the elevator. New wolf can go now. Hitomi Plaza. Sam's car. He beheads the other monster.

Melanie looks at security vid. Goes to the elevator and Sam beheads her, too. He makes it to the office and Jack. Frees him. Footsteps. Garth comes in. You're okay. Yeah. Let's get out of here. Back to the parking garage. Garth is struggling. Choking. He strikes Jack. Garth says Michael's in my head. He won't let me stop! I'm sorry! He's wolfed out and charging.

**If poor Sam has to behead poor Garth........

Sam says don't do this! Fight this! Jack tackles Garth They roll. Sam chokes Garth out. Sorry. He's locked in the trunk of the Impala. Sam wonders why he didn't tell him he drank Michael's grace? Dean thinks maybe if we kill Michael, then it'll kill Garth. Sam called hunters to the city. Cas heals Jack. Dean tries to spin the Spear. Heh. Cas says if Michael feared us in the least, he'd send his monsters our way. And Michael will sense me. They acknowledge the danger they're facing. Then Dean says impossible odds - feels like home. The four walk to the Hallelujah Chorus. LOL. 

**From Handel's Messiah, for those not in the know. See a performance of it if you can. The music is quite grand and exceptional with a good choir.

**Whoa, almost over. 

Michael pours a scotch. Come on, fellas. You're going to miss the show. Pacing. Sits. Drinks. Tries to get comfortable. There he is. Michael goes into the hall. Castiel...... I can feel you in here. Cas attacks. Michael asks why did you come alone? Advance scout? Strongest player first? Not that strong. Beats Cas bloody. I have a schedule to keep. Tosses Cas in the office. Sam and Jack in there. Dean comes from behind. You got it. They fight. She kicks Dean and he drops the Spear. I know you hate me, Dean, but don't forget. You let me in. Now you get to see what your mistake made possible. Sam gets Dean the Spear and he cuts Michael. That will leave a scar. Jack yells kill him! But Dean gets flashes. Michael's vessel falls. Dean? Dean? Michael's in him again. He breaks the Spear! Eyes glow blue. No. Yeah. When I gave up Dean, you didn't think to ask hy? Dean was resisting me. Too attached to all of you. He wouldn't stop squirming. So I left. But, not without leaving the door open just a crack. Why wait? To break him. Crush and disappoint him, so he'll be nice and quiet for a change. Buried. And he is. Gone. And now. I have a whole army out there waiting for my command. Waiting, for this. A snap. 

Next ep - January. 17th. Dean's not home right now. Please leave a message. They go in Dean's mind. Where is Dean? Excellent question.

No comments:

Post a Comment