Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

#Legacies 1.9 - "What Was Hope Doing in Your Dreams?" live blog #thevampirediaries #theoriginals

"What Was Hope Doing in Your Dreams?"

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE - During a stressful week of exams, Hope (Danielle Rose Russell), Rafael (Peyton Alex Smith), Landon (Aria Shahghasemi), and MG's (Quincy Fouse) attempts to study get thwarted by the arrival of a new monster who feeds off their worst fears. Meanwhile, Hope struggles with a secret she's been keeping from Landon. Matthew Davis also stars. Darren Grant directed the episode written by Penny Cox (#113). Original airdate 1/31/2019.

Episode 9:

Triad guy looking for Selah. He needs access to the backup archive. Gives a password. Guard lets him in. He looks through the stacks to find a file cabinet. And a file. Absorption date. How the hell were you there last night? Guard asks if he found what he was looking for. Man says no. Guess I was wrong. He stole the file. 

Salvatore School. Sleeping kids. A woman taps on a window. Little boy goes to it and opens the window. And now she's in the dorm. He wakes up screaming. The other kids tell Pedro to go back to sleep. 

Ric and Hope. He asks where she hid the artifact. She asks what do we tell the others? He says are you sure you want to keep this from Landon? Yeah. She'll keep him from knowing his mother is dead. He says the trick is to give info without offering too much. We'll do this responsibly. 

He called an emergency meeting. Tells them we're taking every precaution. Sheriff Donovan opened the Lockwood Mansion to take evacuees. Exam week will continue as scheduled. I can't tell the state board we're canceling due to monsters. 

Raf and Landon. Landon wondering where Hope is? Raf says this one's not on you. Don't think about it. Think about the good things in your life for once. He's going to hit the library. See you at breakfast? Yeah. Raf says I'm glad you're back. 

Little kids into the van. 

School is quiet for the night. Ghostly woman floats over the sleeping. They wake from bad dreams. 

Raf asleep. Hope wakes him. You're very cute when you sleep. What? She's flirting and kissing him. Then Raf is confronted by a man. Where is it?! you know what I want. Raf wakes from the nightmare of being hit with a belt. There's a red mark on his arm.

7AM. Raf told Ric about the nightmare. Hope asks what he dreamed of. Raf says one of my old foster dads. There was a woman there wearing an old black dress and a veil. She said you know what I want. Ric goes to a book. Raf says she's putting stuff in our heads. Right? Ric shows him a sketch. Look familiar to you?

A night hag. It can only interact with us through dreams. Or nightmares. We're safe so long as we stay awake. Ric has more shuttles. If you don't want to stay and fight, take advantage of them. Landon asks Hope about the amnesia trip. Can I help solve this problem? She says the best way you can help is by evacuating. But she's not. So he goes to class.

More leave the school.

Hope in her room writing. Do Not Fall Asleep. 

Kids studying. Blood dripping from MG. His report on Dracula. Landon falling asleep in class. Final exam in front of him. It's my first day. Teacher says if you don't pass, you're not allowed to stay. No excuses. 5 minutes left everyone. Landon needs another pencil. On the desk near the window. And he's not wearing pants. They all laugh at him. This is a nightmare. How do I wake up? Night hag tells him You know what to do, Landon. Bring it home! Landon stabs his hand with the pencil. It's bloody in real life. 

5PM. Ric tells the students to take the energy herbs if they're not leaving. Ric thinks he's going to get sued, lol. Hope fixing Landon's hand. Landon wonders how the night hag can take the urn anywhere. Ric says the physical wounds seem to imply she can affect the physical world. Ric wants Landon to evacuate. We're trying to take care of you. Hope is still distant. Landon says I'm blowing this, aren't I? Ric says let Hope be Hope. Stay busy. She'll talk when she's ready.

Raf hitting the punching bag. Hope comes in. She wants a sparring partner. They fight. With no mat. She gets him on the floor. He taps. Damn, woman. She's sorry about all the things in his life that made him good at brawling, but she needed that just now. He sits up. I don't mean to get in your business, but be cool with Landon, okay? He's waiting for the other shoe to drop. If you're going to drop it, be gentle, okay? If you're cooling off on him, fine, but just don't lie to him. She says I'm not. I'm being as honest as I can be. You've never lied to protect someone? He says no, Hope. And leaves the gym. 

Landon reading. Researching. Dr. Saltzman! I took your advice and stayed busy and I think I found something. Maybe the night hag can't hurt us in real life. Maybe we're not dealing with a night hag. He found something. Onery. It's a shapeshifting dream demon. Ric tells Hope to kiss Landon for him. LOL. 

Hope needs someone to pull this thing out to our reality. This has to be your choice. Landon is staying. Raf is in. MG says I can't bail. And the other vamp stays with MG stays. She said okay, it's nap time.

10PM. Ric holds the urn. He's going to take it away. Hope says we had a plan! He found it in the safe she built in the floorboards of her closet. She says you can be killed! He says I've also been killing supernatural ass longer than you've been alive. 

He leaves Mystic Falls. Calls the girls to leave a message. I've done something very smart or very dumb, and if it doesn't work out, you're going to be very upset with me. Just no I love you very much. 

Ric is asleep. 

Ric driving. Leaves Mystic Falls again. Dammit. He's in a loop dream.

MG and the other vamp prepping beds.  Hope tells Landon to not do this. This monster can use your worst fears against you. He's not scared. His worst fear was fitting in and now he's about to be a dream warrior. He thinks her stopping the monster is so sexy. She whispers something he can do to help her. Sweet dreams.

Ric knows he's dreaming. She's in the back of the car. He says rise and shine! Crashes the SUV and wakes from the nightmare.

Boys asleep. Vampire conditioning. Raf dreams of being chained to a tree and doing the shift. MG kisses a girl and her head falls off. Hope appears to Raf. He tells her to get away. He says I'm not afraid of hurting you. She says I want to be with you. Don't you want that, too. Landon in the classroom. None of this is real! Walls close in on him. MG swears he wasn't feeding. Demon says it's who you are. Look around. She screams at the vamp. Then small spaces for Landon. This is all you. MG says fine. So be it, and attacks her. Raf says I'd never do this to Landon. You're not real! She says you wish it was and that makes you the worst kind of monster. She keeps pushing them. Landon says drop the act. Show me your face. Your real face! The demon. You know where it is. Landon says yes. You want the urn so bad? Let's go get it. 

They wake. 

Demon in the hall. Destroys a painting. Safe is empty. Hope confronts it. 

Landon doesn't know if it worked. And where is Hope? Raf says he just saw her. Landon asks Raf what was Hope doing in your dream? They crash in. Being a badass. Like that. She says stay back, I got this. Ric tosses her weapons and says Eyes! She kills the demon. Landon was right - sexy as hell. Heh. 

**Poor Raf. But the sin isn't in having the temptation. It's acting on it. Crushing on Hope will fade. 

Super squad in the hall. Ric watches them go. 

Hope tells Raf great job tonight. Are you okay? She's been waiting for the other shoe to drop with him. Landon told him the story about the guy that burned him with cigarettes for fun. He beat the guy up one day and never told anyone. I'll do what's best for Landon, even if that means having to lie. But I also have to protect him from being hurt in other ways, too. So you and I can't talk like this anymore.

MG, Landon, and the vamp. Super squad rapping. LOL. Hope watches them. Then keeps walking. Landon noticed and follows. 

She's sitting in front of the fire. He joins her. So I had this whole thing I need to say. Is it cool if I say it? I've spent most of my life afraid and unsure. You brought me back here, and now I had something to lose. And it didn't help when it felt like you were avoiding me, keeping things from me. Then I met a dream demon. Then I wondered what am I so afraid of? If you need to lie to keep demons from getting their claws on the urn, lie. Keep your secrets. It's my job to bust my ass until you see me as someone to confide in. I won't be afraid of losing you anymore, Hope. I'll be the guy who fights to always find you again. She kisses him. 

Hope brings the urn to Ric's office. He's icing his shoulder. And thinks he has a concussion. He asks where she hid it? She says under her pillow. LOL. She says we need a new plan. Can't have 80 percent of the students living at the Lockwood Manson. 

Triad guy comes to the Gonzales family. He wants to talk to Landon. They tell him Raf and Landon were adopted by wonderful families in Virginia. They're still receiving checks. He asks them for more info. They repeat he was adopted by a wonderful family in Virginia. He sees they say all they can literally say. He asks if they have any of his belongings, then. They ask him inside. Delighted.

next ep - A wish there was never a Salvatore School to begin with. Genie causing trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment