Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2019

#Supernatural 14.12 - "Prophet and Loss" live blog #spn

“Prophet and Loss”

NO LOOKING BACK – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) must figure out how to stop the bloodshed when Donatello (guest star Keith Szarabajka), who, in his current condition, is inadvertently scrambling the order of future prophets. Nick (Mark Pellegrino) comes face to face with his past. The episode was directed by Thomas J. Wright and written by Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming. (#1412). Original Airdate 1/31/2019.

Episode 12:

Then: Who are you? We're the guys that save the world. New rock music for the montage.

The ocean bottom. Dean awake in the box and beating on the walls. Cell phone gives light. He's freaking out. Calling for Sam. Phone battery goes dead. He screams for Sam. 

Dean wakes from a nightmare. Sam apologizes for waking him. Dean says bad dream. it's fine. Want to talk about it? No. I'm okay. Sam knows Dean is scared. Dean says never said I wasn't, but it doesn't matter. Sam says it's far worse than death. Michael could keep you buried alive forever. Dean says there's no other option. It's all in Billy's book. Sam wants another option. Dean says what option? Exactly.

Man stirs a concoction while a woman is tied and gagged. He picks her up and puts her in the basin. Then he grabs a knife and cuts her arm. Holds her underwater. She struggles and struggles until she bleeds out and drowns. He's hearing whispers.

Nick brought food in hospital. When am I getting out of here? Not sure. 4 jurisdictions want to prosecute. Nick says none of that was my fault. Possession is a real thing. He left me but it changed me. Cop isn't impressed. Either way, you're going to be locked up for the rest of your life. You're done. You're buried. 

Impala arrives. Dean says he wants to make sure you're still with me, you'll see it to the end. Don't want you and Mom coming up with a way to save me. I don't need to get shaky on this thing. You know what Michael wants to do, you know this will stop it, and you know there's no other way. Dean gets out of the car.

Sam calls Cas. Were you able to talk him out of it? No. Cas has nothing. Rowena doesn't, either. She has a remarkable command of profanity. Cas wants to talk to Dean. Sam says it won't matter. He won't listen to me. If we don't find another way, Dean's gone.

The man has another victim. A man this time. He cuts the man's throat. Rips his shirt open and carves. More whispers. 

Dean in the Impala. trailer hooked up. Sam staring at his phone or something. Dean says do you think about when we were kids? Sometimes. Dean says I know I wasn't the greatest brother. Sam says you were the only one with me. You raised me. Dean says I didn't look out for you like I should've with Dad. To keep the peace, I sided with him. When I left, Dad would send me away when I pissed him off. Sam says I left that behind a long time ago. I had to. Can we not have conversations that sound like death bed apologies? I'd really appreciate it. Dean agrees.

Nick praying. Tells the cop he has to use the bathroom. You know the drill, hands behind your back. Nick attacks him and knocks him out. Then kicks him in the face until blood splatters on the wall.

Sam found a case. Dean says this trip isn't about finding a case. Sam says it's on the way. Dean says maybe. One last case for the Winchester boys. Sam says 2 murders. A woman drowned in bloody salt water. Then tonight there were men with their throats slit and Enochian symbols carves into their chests. 

They visit Eddie, Alan's twin. Alan was born first. Losing him is like losing a part of myself. Never knew it could be this bad. What kind of monster does this? Sam says it was an ancient language. It means I am the Word. Was your brother a religious man? Not really. Did he know someone who was? Tony Alvarez was friends with Alan. He quoted stuff that sounded like it was from the Bible. He knows them a photo of Tony. Enochian tattoo that means The Word.

Call from Dean. Cas says so good to hear from you. Cas rambles about the plan. Dean says I'm fine with my plan. We can talk about it later. Dean asks about Tony Alvarez. Cas says he's next in line to be prophet when Donatello dies. Dean thanks him and hangs up. Really? Sam says I had to tell him. Dean wonders How does this guy get to be a prophet? Does this mean Donatello is dead?

Dean talks to Dr. Rashad, Donatello's doctor. He's still alive, right? Still with us. Sam asks why is Tony Alvarez off the bench? Let's ask him.

They enter the house. Wall of crazy. Dean photographs it. Sam finds photos of the victims. Word of God. Divine retribution. Firstborn sons. Red Sea. What's next? Fire from the Lord. 

Sphinx Machine Shop. Victim wakes. Tony has an Asian man. Gas can. He pours it on his feet. Then a trail of gas. the man begs. Tony lights a match and drops it. Dean and Sam arrive. Sam tackles Tony. Dean smothers the fire and frees the victim. Sam chokes Tony. Tony says he's doing God's work. I hear his voice in my head. Dean and Sam say it wasn't God. Those people you killed were innocent. You're not chosen, pal. You're just a psycho. Tony tries to fight back. He gets Dean's gun. And puts it under his chin. And fires. Tony dead. 

Next prophet will show up and the crazy will start all over again. Cas says Donatello is between life and death. The natural order is upset. Sam says the next and the next and the next.....how do we end this? Dean says you know how.

Nick breaks into a house. Turns on a light. He's back home. Relives memories. It's suddenly cold. Ghost. Mirror freezes. Cabinets bang. Ghost woman appears. Nick? Is that you? She says yes. He says Lucifer. She says Sarah, your wife.

Ghost of Sarah? What are you doing here? She says I never left. He's missed her. I never thought I'd see you again. I'm so sorry. She says no, Nick. You're not. He says but I found who killed you. A demon Abraxis in Frank Kellogg. I got you justice, Sarah. She says what about Lucifer. He says he's dead. She says her unfinished business is you. I saw what he did to you. You chose Lucifer! You wanted him. You still do. Nick says he chose me. She says you came here to find him in the place you wanted him. Show me I'm wrong. Reject him now. I can leave, I can find peace. Reject him, Nick. Please. Please! Nick's crying. I can't. I'm sorry. She says you can't because you ARE him. You doomed me to stay in the place forever. You've doomed yourself. He knows. I'm sorry. She asks where he's going? He says wherever it's darkest. Wherever he is. He leaves the house. 

The home. Donatello is kept alive by machinery and nothing else. Letting go is the right choice. Dr. Novak is here, too. Heh. Dr. Rashad says there's no brain activity. What kind of babbled word? Follow me. Cas says what happened to Donatello was my fault. I wish there had been another way. Cas confronts Dean about this plan. Dean says you think this is easy on me? it has to be done! Cas says so this is goodbye? Sam says Dr. Rashad shot this video. Donatello saying I will strike down the first born in the land of Egypt. Cas says he's trying to organize the word of God. I can fix him. If there's a spark, a hope, I have to try. You taught me that. Cas tells Dr. Rashad to get out. Dean tells him that they've changed their minds. Donatello gets a chance to live. 

Sam says if Cas isn't right about Donatello, where does it leave him? Dean says thinking is highly overrated. Nothing's changed, Sam. 

They check on Cas. Anything? Something uncertain. What are you looking for? Cas's eyes light up. That. Donatello wakes. Dean says turn off the machines. Sam says he could die. Dean says only one way to find out. He hits the switch. Donatello closes his eyes. Then he's gasping and conscious. Dean says welcome back, Champ. Get him his glasses. Now look at that. It's a miracle. 

Donatello wants extra crispy buffalo wings with a side of Tex Mex sauce. Dean and Cas discuss Donatello. Don still doesn't have a soul. Dean says Cas will catch you up. Jello?

Sam at the car. With beer. We're celebrating, right? Okay. But not too much. No rest for the self-destructive. Dean says going out on a high. Sam pushes. After all these years, are you sorry all that means nothing now. You tell me I have to kill you. Throw away faith. Throw away family. We're the guys that save the world. We don't just check out of it! Dean says I have one card to play! Sam says TODAY. We don't know about tomorrow. What you're doing now is quitting! I believe in us, Dean. Sam hits him. I believe in his. Tries again and Dean hugs him. Why don't you believe in us, too? Dean says okay, Sam. Let's go home. What? Let's go home. Maybe Billy's wrong. I believe in us. I believe in all of us. I'll stay until there's absolutely no other way. But when that day comes, if that day comes, Sam, you have to take it for what it us. The end. Promise me you do then what you can't now. Let me go and put me in that box. Sam says alright. Dean says let's go home. And don't hit me again, okay? Into the car. 

Next ep - Time line is changing. Wanted poster for Dean. If we don't fix this, we become those other versions of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment