Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2019

#Supernatural 14.10 - "Nihilism" live blog #spn

"Nihilism"

THE BATTLE AT HITOMI PLAZA CONTINUES - Michael has re-taken control of Dean (Jensen Ackles) as his army of monsters continues to move in on our heroes. Sam (Jared Padalecki) devises a plan to try and reach Dean and stop Michael before anyone else has to die. The episode was directed by Amanda Tapping and written by Steve Yockey (#1410). Original Airdate 1/17/2019.


Image credit: The CW

Episode 10:

Midseason return.

Honky tonk. Storm outside a bar. Woman enters. Everybody's shopping like it's the end days. She brought limes. Dean isn't making the house special without limes. We're not savages. She asks about Sam. Dean says he's working with Cas and should be back tonight. Pamela greets a woman that came in. She brought papers for Dean. He offers a drink. Says Rocky's isn't for sale. She says it looks pretty dead and it's a pretty generous offer. He says I've never had anything as nice as this bar, so that sale you want isn't going to happen. The woman leaves. Pam brings shots for her and Dean in the office. She's going out for a hot date. You don't want me, you just like to flirt. She brings up the offer for the bar. He says this is my dream. 

He goes into the store room. She asks him to come out. She says there's trouble. What kind? that kind. Man came in to settle a score. You and your brother killed my entire nest! Dean and Pam fighting and killing two monsters. She wipes the blood off his face. He says what can I say? I'm famous.

Michael dressed in a suit again. Puts our boys in pain. You had no chance of winning this. None. But you had hope. I saw everything. And now I have my perfect vessel. I destroyed the one weapon that could hurt me. they fight back. Holy fire and cuffs. Michael says you think these can hold me? Cas says yes we do. Sam talks to Dean. Michael says Dean's not home right now. Please leave a message. Sirens. monsters building the army.

Maggie calls Sam. There are SO many of them. No kills, just bites and scratches. Infecting. Sam says we've got Michael. Save as many as you can. Don't worry about us. Sam tells Cas and Jack to put Michael in the trunk. Jack says Garth is in the trunk. Michael called his monsters to the office. Jack wonders if they're going to die here. Sam calls for Jessica. The reaper. She's always.... Violet shows up. It's my shift. You mess up so many things. Sam says we need to get out of here. They can't see her. Except Michael can. On his world, they locked up Death and enslaved the reapers. She says we can't intervene and don't have access to that.... Then she says okay. 

And teleports them to the bunker. How did you do that? I didn't. have fun. She disappears. Now what? 

They discuss what to do with Michael. He says I can hear you. They move farther away. Sam says Galadriel created a fake world in my head. Crowley showed me how to get out. But Crowley's dead... Maggie calls. Sam tells her to check on Garth in the Impala. Monsters are heading west of the city. Michael bringing them to Lebanon. Cas says Jack, let's lock it down. Michael says either my monsters get here or I break these chains. Either way, everybody dies. And Sam, the last thing you'll see? This pretty smile as I rip you apart.

Sam brings out the Men of Letters device the British used to get in people's heads. Cas, this is all we got. 

Pamela and Dean again. The routine in the bar over and over. Lady comes to buy the bar again. Sam working that ghoul thing in Wichita with Cas. they should be back tonight. Looped over and over and over. Dean gets deja vu. 

Jack watching Michael. Michael is insulted. You're nothing. Jack says that's not what you said before. Michael says it won't happen again. Jack says Sam and Dean will beat you. Michael doesn't believe so. Jack says Dean is strong. Michael says Dean's a gnat. I'm a god. Jack says you don't know about Dean. Michael says I know how sad he was when you died. On the outside. On the inside, he didn't care. You're not Sam, you're not Cas. You're a weak, helpless thing. You're a job. A job none of them wanted. Cas tells Jack to go help Sam. And don't believe anything he says. He's lying. Michael says no, I'm not, and I can still hear you.

Maggie called by another hunter group about monsters coming. Maggie is rallying the troops. Cars coming. We can't let the monsters get back to the bunker.

Michael taunts Cas. Nothing like the Castiel I knew. Cas says you confuse loyalty and compassion with weakness. Michael will burn the world because he can. because.... Me and Lucifer, when we fought in my world, God would come back. Give us answers. But nothing happened. No God. Nothing. And now, now I'm in here, now I know why. God, Chuck, is a writer, and like all writers, he churns out draft after draft. Nothing but failed drafts. And he moves on and tries again. Cas says no. Why would he do that? Michael says he doesn't care. About you, me, anything. At first I'd be more God than God. But now? I want to burn every one of his little worlds until I catch up to the old man. Then what? Even God can die.

It's empty. There are tracks. A hunter goes off alone. They went around us on foot. 

Jack asks if this is going to work. Sam doesn't know. Jack says maybe I can do something. What if I can do more with this magic? Sam says Dean wouldn't want to be saved that way. Jack says you don't know what you're walking in to. Sam says Dean thought he was drowning. This time......probably worse. 

Attached the leads to Michael's head. Cas will hitch a ride with Sam. Jack asks what should I do? Pray. And make sure nothing kills us. Michael likes this plan. In there, you're all mine. So, what are we waiting for? They turn on the machine.

Cas and Sam arrive in darkness. Where is Dean? Cas tries to feel for him. We hear Dean's memories. Cas says there' so much trauma in Dean's mind, so many scars. Sam says he's been through a lot, but he's strong. Cas says what I meant was, if I knew what I was looking for, I could go to it, but I have to wade through all of Dean's most terrible memories. Sam wonders if Dean would be buried in trauma. Dean was fight back so hard. Dean thrives on trauma. If I wanted to distract Dean, I'd give him contentment. Let's look through this good memories. Cas works. Sam hears the Rocky's still isn't for sale. this has never happened. Go there. 

Sam and Cas in the bar. Dean greets them. Kill a ghoul, get a beer.

IPA from Austin. Cosmic Cowboy. You'll love it. Pamela is glad they're back safe. Sam says none of this is real! They try to convince Dean to remember the real world. Sam says I'm talking about Michael! they disappear. Then Dean and Pam in the office. Then back at the beginning. Sam wonders what the hell is going on here? They watch the monster attack. Then back at the beginning. We got messy just now in the vampire fight! Sam says you're stuck in a loop in your mind. Michael's possessing you! remember that! Dean says is this a joke? Pamela suggests it's a lucid dream. Get me a shot with your brain. They laugh. Sam keeps trying. Then Pamela is blind. Cas says that was an accident. Sam says Pamela died helping us. Wow, they were young. The music isn't playing anymore. Dean says this is my life, the dream. Cas says no, it's A dream. Try to remember. People in your real life, we need you to come back. Sam says Poughkeepsie. Dean starts remembering. Things Michael did to people and monsters. Dean says I remember everything. Michael claps. Hey, fellas. 

Michael says this is fun. Dean says get out of my head. Michael says you don't mean it. I know you. I am you. You tolerate the angel because you think you owe him. What has he done? Only made mistakes. And sam, oh Sam, Dean was his happiest when you quit hunting, leaving him with your dad. You'll abandon him again and again. They're not your family. They're your responsibilities. You were desperate to get away from them and that is why you said yes. Cas says you're stalling! 

Jack hears the door. It's the hunters. We're barely ahead of the monsters! Maggie gives orders. 

He's buying time so his monsters can rescue him. Michael says you think I need them? Dean says snap your fingers and nuke us all. Cas says he can't. In here, we're all the same. Sam says you're all talk. Michael says I'll crush you with my bare hand. Dean says prove it. They fight Michael. And Michael is winning. 

Beating on the door. Tiger got turned. And the door wasn't locked! Monsters inside! Hunters shoot at them. People are dying. Jack, if you're going to do something..... He looks at scared Maggie, then accesses the power and the monsters are gone. 

Michael says what do you think I'll leave behind? Nothing but blood and bone. Dean says then we don't kick him out. We keep him in. They lock him in the store room. Michael beats on the door. Dean says my mind, my rules. I got him! I'm the cage. 

Cleaned up in the bunker. Sam asks about the monsters. They went their separate ways. Michael can't control them now. Sam thanks Maggie. She says it was Jack. I didn't know he could still do that angel stuff. Sam didn't, either. 

Cas and Jack talk about the magic. You need your soul to stay alive! Jack says they would've killed you. Cas isn't mad at him. I've seen firsthand what the absence of a soul does. It's about you staying you. Understand? Jack says it won't happen again. Okay. Cas leaves the room. 

Dean in his bedroom. It's just you. It's just you. He looks in the mirror. Michael is still beating on the cell and screaming. Dean says it's all you. Michael keeps beating on the door. Billy appears to Dean. Not all good news. I did say I'd see you again soon. Dean says Michael's all locked up. She says seems that way. He thinks the assist was her. You broke the rules. She warned him about jumping from world to world. But you ignored me, didn't you? Dean says it was worth it. She says look at you now. Do you remember my reading room? It's the funniest thing, but they've all been rewritten. All end the same. Michael escapes your mind and burns down this world. All of them. All of them, except one. She gives him the book. He reads it. And doesn't look happy. What am I supposed to do with this? She says that's up to you. She disappears. 

Next ep - Dean hugged Sam. Sam thinks it's strange. Mary is back. And runs into Nick or Lucifer.




For spoilers about the 300th episode coming, JOIN ME HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment